Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sincere


I gave you everything I had
I shared every part of me
So why did you treat me so bad?
What more of my soul did you need to see? /

we could've had a good thing
you and me
but you turned a deaf ear to my sincerity../

You're used to people who won't hear anything at all
You can't deal with someone who
wants to hear...
your arrogance and pride will surely go before you fall
guess you never knew how to deal with a man who was

sincere.../

We might have had a good thing
you and me..
but you turned a deaf ear to my
sincerity../

When I was being real
when I allowed you to see me bleed
you couldn't allow yourself to feel
no, you didn't feel the need./

You're used to people who won't hear anything at all
but I wanted to hear...
I won't feel too sorry for you when your self absortion
leads to your fall...
because you couldn't deal with me when I was being..


sincere!/

we could have had a good thing
you and me
but you turned your pretty little head
to my


sincerity./


(for fdp)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great poetry as always.

Gypsi said...

Great Poem! I love the first verse, but line 4 says it all!

I gave you everything I had
I shared every part of me
So why did you treat me so bad?
What more of my soul did you need to see?

Toni said...

I'm Speechless,this is so good.

Angie B. said...

Wow!

Sunflower said...

What a powerful and painful written
work!

Jazzy said...

I felt your pain bruh!

Cheryl said...

Good One Keith!

Brenda said...

So poignant!

James Perkins said...

This was powerful and to the point!

Simon Bastion said...

Your poems always take me down the road of my past romantic life.

Captain Jack said...

I suspect we are kindred spirits Keith!

Halo said...

This Almost made me cry!

Vanessa said...

Again...Wow...This was good!

Lisa said...

Great poetry!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Almost made a playa shed a tear man!

Tate 2 said...

Nobody throwin drawers tonight huh?
Good poem man.

Swaggie said...

Keith,you always write from the heart..you keeps it real up in this
peice and on your other blog too!

Sean said...

Love it man..it's pure genius how you keep up two blogs nearly everyday.

Blu Jewel said...

a poignant and powerful piece of truth Keith.

love to live; live to love!