Sunday, October 29, 2017

Situation Indelicate

Attorney Glenda Bryant ordered two mimosas...She was shaking.....
She looked up and a now very shaken U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson walked in and sat down at the table with her...


They were in a small cantina on the rooftop of her place of employment...The Harris Group

"Glenda, I got here as soon as I could.." he said and sat down...His hands were shaking..

She showed him her tablet...On it was film footage...Very good film footage,sound and all of their sexual escapades the night before in his car and later in hotel room...Every moan, every coo in stereo.....

"Baby I know..I Know...Let me explain.." he said. "I'm being blackmailed." he said..

"Blackmailed by who?" she asked ,now totally disgusted...

"These people...These people I"m investigating....Frank Manicotti for starters...The Philadelphia Millionaire.." he said.

"Oh My God...THE FRANK MANICOTTI?? He's connected to everything and everyone but the street lights...He's got deep pockets...You told me you were after a big fish..." said Glenda..

''Him and a very connected Russian...Sergei Koslaw....These two may be tied to a murder.....They'll stop at nothing to stop this investigation..They want me to stop my investigation or this footage goes worldwide..."he said..

"The Scandal would tarnish your name...Not to mention mine..."said Glenda..

"I've got 48 hours..." said Tony.
''What are you gonna do?" asked Glenda...

Tony put his face in his hands...

"I don't know...They've got me..They've got me where they want me and I made it easy for them.." he said..

"Maybe not...I know someone...Someone that might be able to help you..."said Glenda.
"I can't go to the police or the FBI.....This would go public.....I hope whoever you know is not law enforcement..."said Tony..

"He's not...He's a Private Investigator....I've used him when I've had court cases....He's very good...I'd be willing to say extraordinary....He has a reputation for helping people like you...Who can't go to the cops or feds for help..." said Glenda Bryant..

''Can we meet him today?" asked Tony...

"No WE can't...but I can....I'm going to his office now .." said Glenda..

''On a Saturday??"asked Tony..

''He owns a Communication conglomerate... He happen to mention to me yesterday that his wife , who is a realtor and her company would be using his conference room today...I'm sure he'll be in.." said Glenda..

"I thought you said he was a P.I.?" asked Tony Richardson...

"He is...but he owns this communication company...it used to be part of the Harris Group...He and some partners bought em out...He set it up and he set up his investigative agency at the same time...He's quite a guy...Ex-Military, College Grad....."said Glenda beaming...

''Is he Black?" asked Tony..
''Oh Very Much so...A little younger than us...A few years younger...but a very together dude" she said.
"You and him uh?" asked Tony...

"No, never....I told you...He's married...Oh but so are you right?   Everybody isn't in an OPEN MARRIAGE  like you are." said Glenda.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean it like that...." said Tony...

"I'm going and talk to my friend....If anybody can get you out of this..He can....You sit tight.."said Glenda..

"Thank you Glenda..Thank You.." he said...His hands still shaking.

II-
It was the rare and I mean very rare Saturday Morning that I was not only up this early, but actually in my office...

None of my employees were here except Harry Charles...My assistant... I had loaned my conference office to my wife, Sepia
and her business partner, Bonita Foxworth, wife of my good friend, Attorney Robert Foxworth,
They have a very successful real estate business...Selling Homes and renting and managing Condos, Lofts and Apartments in the area...

This morning, they were meeting with my good friend Clerow Hamilton... Clerow and I had been friends for almost a decade....Since he first moved up here from Louisiana....Clerow and his partner, Owen Todd had left the Post Office and started a lucrative business...First renting out Storage Space and then renting and managing Apartments, Condos and Lofts...They had so many properties that they sold some to my wife, Sepia and Bonita...

Clerow was married to my wife's cousin, Cora Beth, who lived around the corner from us...So he was also like family...


Sepia and Bonita ,Clerow and Owen Todd and Chris and Chess had partnered with me..and helped me buy out the Harris Group , who once owned my business..Morris Communications and Investigations , which I now own lock ,stock and barrel.

Today...Clerow and Owen Todd had decided to merge their business with Sepia and Bonita's company and thus form ...THE UNITY GROUP...Housing sales, Apartments, Condos,Loft rentals and Storage space...Sepia and Bonita had an administrative staff of 29....Clerow and Owen had two people doing their administrative work...This would benefit them greatly...They both were very successful...by merging they would now become the second biggest company of their type in the community...Second only to Chris and Chess's operation...And since they were our friends and partners...There wouldn't be any problem at all.. They had all revitalized this neighborhood..brought better housing and attracted business into what was a wasteland...

They had shook hands and were signing on the dotted line when Harry Charles came up to me..

"Boss you got a visitor.." he said..

''A visitor? How? We are closed.?" I said.

"She's a friend!!Ms. Bryant, The Attorney." he said.

I looked up and saw the Attorney, Glenda Bryant ,who I sometimes did investigatory work for...

"Hi Kevin...I know you're closed today...and believe me...I'm sorry, but I...or rather a friend of mine is in trouble and I need your help desperately.....like right now!!  I'll pay you handsomely..."she pleaded..
"You must be in deep trouble..."I said..

When I worked for her...I was paid by her current employer and my former corporate bosses..The Harris Group...She was talking about paying me out of pocket...

''We are just breaking up...Listen ,let's go in my office ..." I said.

Clerow and Owen were leaving...

"Hey..could you guys hang loose a minute , we might have a client." I said..

"Hey Kevin...Thanks for letting us use your conference room..." said Bonita, who kissed me on the cheek...

''It was not a problem...Congratulations you guys on your merger..."I said.
"Hey baby"said Sepia as she left..."Hey Glenda."said Sepia.

"Heyyy Girl, Please forgive me for borrowing your husband....I have a case for him." she said.
"I'm not mad....As long as he's making money..."said Sepia ,laughing..."I'll see you at home babes..."she said and kissed me in the lips..

"I'll keep it warm for you baby." she whispered in my ear....

Gloria looked at me...

"Your wife is beautiful....You guys been together awhile huh?" she asked.

"Yeah....almost a decade now...We have a beautiful little girl..who is nearly 2 years old.."I said smiling..

Glenda smiled..

"That's beautiful Kevin...." she said..

We walked into my office..

"So what's on your mind?" I said..

She passed me a zip drive...

''If I didn't trust you and consider you a close friend,I wouldn't even show you this...I hope this doesn't change your opinion of me once you view it...." she said and hung her head in embarrassment..

What I saw did make me blush....It was my friend Glenda in a car with a young man ,having sex......and then her and the same man in a hotel room having even more sex....
She did have a sexy body...I always knew that...and now I was seeing more of it than I ought to...Considering I wasn't having sex with her...

After we both viewed it..She said to me..

"Well, Now you've seen me in the biblical sense...All of me..This happened last night....When I got home this morning...This Zip Drive was in an envelope...This one." she showed me..

"Under my door.." she said.

"Blackmail?" I asked.

"That's what we think." said Glenda..

"You're a single woman.....How?" I asked.

"He isn't and I should have known better...He told me he was in an open relationship....Part of me knew he was lying...Part of me was drunk ,horny and just didn't care..He's a guy I knew in Law School...I had a monster crush on him back in the day...He knew it." said Glenda..

"I don't get it...What do they want from you?" I asked.

"Nothing...He's the target....Take a good look...You recognize him?" she asked..

It took me a minute...but I got it...

"Oh My God...That's That's..Anthony Richardson...U.S. Attorney Anthony Richardson...He's investigating Frank Manicotti and his connection to some Russian banker from D.C." I said.

''I love a man who keeps up with current affairs! He and I were in Law School together.  Monday he is supposed to bring formal charges against both men and subpeona them to appear before a Federal Grand Jury....Whoever filmed us told him to drop the charges and investigation or this goes to all of the news outlets and his bosses in the Justice Department...His wife too!"she said.

''And so a career making case and investigation becomes a career ending case huh?"  I asked..

"Exactly.." she said.."He s a dear friend.."said Glenda..

"I see!" I said,laughing..

''Don't tease Kevin.." she said.
''We'll get started on this...I need to talk to him...Where is he?" I asked.
"He's scared...but I can set up a meet , in a few hours..." she said.

"Good." I said.

III-
Within a few hours.....Glenda and I met with U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson at the Cantina on top of the building that housed the Harris Group ...Who she worked for..

He was tall, Athletic build, Light Skinned with Green Eyes...The kind of guy that got all of the girls when I was growing up..He was dressed in a fine tailor made suit and had on a nice fragrance...I could see how Gloria would be attracted to him...He spoke a little above a whisper and was very smooth..A Classic player and as an Attorney, I knew he was a silver tongued orator...who had probably talked many women out of their panties and bra...

"Tony, this is the man I told you about...Mr. Kevin Morris.." she said.

"Mr. Richardson.."I said..

"Kevin Morris...I've heard a lot about you...You're very impressive...Your communications company has a Television station, a radio station,a recording studio, publishes a number of magazines and newspaper and you have a music streaming service among other things and you find the time to do investigative work on the side...Amazing.." he said.

''Wow...Maybe you don't need my help" I laughed...
"I like to know who I'm working with...I understand you were an NCIS Investigator in the military...and you got your college education through them....You are indeed impressive...I googled you!"he said and smiled..
I liked him!

"You're the one who's impressive... B.A. from Dartmouth...Masters from Howard, J.D. from University of Pennsylvania...Associate U.S. Attorney...."I said..   I had did a little bit of a work up on him too!..

He smiled...

"Can you help me Kevin and can you keep this in the strictest of confidence?" he asked.

"That's what I do.....Did the black mailers contact you by phone or email..??"I asked.

"It was a man...He contacted me in person...I can give you a description......" he said.

"Better yet...Where were you? If it's a local Bistro or diner...Chances are they have a camera....I can hack into most of these local camera systems around here as well as traffic and street cams and get him myself..."I said..

''Wow!" he looked at Glenda.."He is good...but how can you stop him from sending this stuff?" he asked.

"You let me worry about that...First thing I want you to do is leave that Hotel.....Register somewhere else...Use an assumed name... Second...Let my guys debug your rental car...."I said..

"Glenda, let me stay with you " he said.

"Not gonna happen...I'll help you find another place to stay..." she said...
I didn't want him to see me smiling...

"This has to happen now...You say you have 48 hours...I'll call my guys and we'll get started...Have courage Mr. Richardson...Hopefully I can bring you some good news..."I said.
"Thank you so much Kevin."said Glenda..

"I'm grateful to you.." he said..

''Well let's make sure I can help you first.." I said..

Every now and then I got myself in a desperate case....This was going to turn out to be one of them...


(TO BE CONTINUED)





3 comments:

Toni said...

I had a feeling this was a Kevin Story!

Angie B. said...

Nice Lead in story yesterday!

Sunflower said...

Kevin is the only one who can get her and him out of this mess!