Monday, October 30, 2017

The Life And Death of Charlie Green

We began working fast........
I had Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson and my five new investigators , all ex-CIA /KGB operatives debug Tony Richardson's car and hotel room....He moved to another hotel under an assumed name and paid in cash so he couldn't be easily tracked...

We then hacked into the cameras of the restaurant where he ate breakfast just hours before...We got a conglomerate photo of his would be blackmailer....Using Facial recognition and pulling prints and DNA from the micro cameras and listening devices he planted...We got a positive identification...

Charlie Green....Private Investigator!

Charlie Green was born and raised in Philadelphia..Attended Philadelphia Public Schools, graduated and went into the Navy , where he earned his bachelors degree in Biology...From there he worked in Naval Intelligence for six years..

When he came home he joined the Philadelphia Police Department. He worked his way up to Detective and Sergeant...Worked in the Cyber Crimes Unit for years ..became a Lieutenant..Did a Stint in Homicide before retiring....

Got a P.I. license and set up a little office in Mayfair...

Married three times...No children, all ended in divorce..

We hacked into the local Traffic and Street cams and got his car....License plate and home address...

We gathered all of this information in the hours after we last talked to
 U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson and my friend and present client...
Attorney Glenda Bryant....

II-
We had to work fast....It was Saturday Afternoon and Charlie Green was in a local bar quaffing down drink after drink....

I got the services of con man extraordinaire.  Pakastani Sam...He engaged Charlie Green in conversation, offering him a big money deal...
And while he did...One of my operatives dropped a strong sedative in his drink...

He finally tired of Pakistani Sam's chatter and said...

"Look,I'm tryin to drink here...BEAT IT!" he snarled..

Pakistani Sam smiled and left...

After a few minutes...Charlie Green didn't feel so good...He paid his tab and walked out to his car , where he fell asleep....
I stood by his car with Clerow, Owen Todd and Sean Jackson...

"He's out like a light boss." laughed Clerow..

"This is enough to keep him down for at least eight hours..."I said..

He was snoring...

Owen Todd cracked up....

''Mannnn, this dude is sawing wood." he said...We all laughed.

Sean Jackson went in his pocket and fished out two smartphones....My guess was that one was a burner...

My operative, a former KGB man went inside both phones...He found the files that contained the sex tape of Tony Richardson and Gloria Brown and erased them permanently....
He also found a tablet!
He found a tablet and did the same....Now we were cooking. We put them back and tucked Charlie Green back into his car...


"You guys watch him...If he stirs...Call me." I said.

"We on it.."said Clerow.
Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson, My five investigators and myself found Charlie Green's office...We disabled the street and traffic cams and then disabled his security system.....Once inside...We went into all five of his laptops....and another tablet...Found the sex tape files and erased them permanently...

We found several zip drives that contained the sex tape information...We destroyed them....
Next, we were off to Charlie Green's apartment...We pretty much did the same thing...We disabled the street and traffic cams and then disabled his security system.....Once inside...We went into all five of his laptops....and another tablet...Found the sex tape files and erased them permanently...

We found several letters ready to be mailed.. To The Justice Department...NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, CNN,MSNBC and BET and Tony Richardson's Georgetown home....inside the letters were zip drives containing the sex tape of Tony and Gloria.. We destroyed the Zip Drives..

Lockpick Johnson got inside his wall safe...We found the main Zip Drive...We destroyed that too...

Satisfied that we'd gotten all of them..We left...
I figured a guy as careful and thorough as Charlie Green had a P.O. Box or safe deposit box somewhere.....Just in case...We found it and got that Zip Drive too and destroyed it...

Now the only one who had a copy of that zip drive was Gloria Brown...

III-
Tony Richardson took some Alka Seltzer....He sat in his new hotel room quietly....He looked at Gloria Brown who was staying with him, waiting to hear from me...

"Glenda....in times of stress ,I have often found that sexual closeness goes a long way to relieving it.I mean we are here..We don't know how many hours we are going to be here before Kevin gives us some news....I would think we could uh release the tension we both feel right now." he said softly...


"You have got to be kidding...After all of the trouble we are in...How can you think about sex at a time like this?" she asked..

"It's better than thinking abut what happens if your friend fails and that information gets out....My wife will certainly leave me...the investigation will be stalled...and , and my job will be basically over...I'll be ruined." he said.

"I thought you said you were in an open relationship???...Why would she leave you? And what about me? My bosses wouldn't like one of their attorneys mixed up in a scandal like this...Those white boys would cut ties with me fast ,quick and in a hurry.."she said.

"I'd take care of you baby..." he said.

"We'd both be in the poor house.." said Glenda...

They both managed to laugh...
I knocked on the door...

They let me in....

"I don't think you have anything to worry about...Your would be blackmailer is a P.I. named Charlie Green....We took the files off of all of his phones and tablets and then we went to his office and eliminated all of them and then to his home and did the same...We also found a safe deposit box and eliminated one last copy... He was planing to do you in...He had copies scheduled to be mailed to NBC,CBS,ABC, MSNBC, BET, FOX, CNN and the Justice Department....not to mention your wife...We took care of all of that. The only copy that remains is yours Glenda.." I said.

Glenda took it out of her purse...dropped it on the floor and smashed it with her heel...

"Now there are no copies.." she said.


''Wait a minute...Let me get this straight...You did all this and he let you?" said Tony...
"Oh No...HE DIDN'T LET US....He's asleep...in his car on some back street...He uh drank too much..and we uh kind of helped him with a deep sedative. and while he was sleeping...My operatives and I took care of business..He should be waking up soon...He won't even realize he's been hit until he goes to find all of that stuff.."I said.
''Wow! You are good....I hope no one ever uses you against me.." he laughed...relieved..."I'm in your debt." he said..

Glenda went in her pocket book and passed me an envelope...The she gave me a soft kiss in the lips.
"Ummmmm thank you baby...I hope your wife doesn't mind....She's a very lucky woman..." she said.
Glenda had very soft lips...
Tony looked a bit uncomfortable seeing Glenda kiss me...

"Do you by any chance know who paid him?" he asked..

"Well, you didn't expect him to have a check from Frank Manicotti did you? Or Sergei Koslaw...?? A quarter of a million dollars in three payments was wired into his bank account from a dummy account in the Caymen Islands...If you want...I can work on tracing it's owner...I know another investigator , who is very good about that.." I said.

"I'll pay you to do that..It'll help my case..." he said.
"Okay....will do..Enjoy your night.."I said..
"Oh Kevin...could you give me a lift home?" said Glenda.. I was surprised...I thought she'd be staying with him...

"Glenda?" he asked..

"You're all square now...I told you I wasn't staying...I'll talk to you later.." she said.
I shrugged my shoulders...

IV-


48 HOURS LATER
U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson addressed a group of reporters outside the U.S. District Courthouse..

"Today a Federal Grand jury has indicted 39 people involved in a huge , wire fraud, identity theft and money laundering ring...We also intend to indict Millionaire Financier, Frank Manicotti and Russian Venture Capitalist, Sergei Koslaw...We have identified them as the ring leaders..." he announced..

The Press swarmed him and they ate it up...It was the number one news story of the day.... It was called a career making case for the young Upstart U.S. Attorney...
In Mayfair, Charlie Green was meeting with a mysterious man with a Russian Accent...

"I'm telling you...I had files with a sex tape...Of Richardson and this local Attorney...She was giving him a blow job in the car and they went back to his hotel room and really went at it..." he said.

"Where is it?" said the man...

"I-I-I don't understand it...Somebody got in here...Wiped all of my files clean...Same thing at my office.." he said..

"What about your safe deposit box?" asked the man...

"It's gone...I got compromised...But I don't understand how...I-I swear..." protested Charlie Green ,who was as surprised as anyone..

Just 48 hours ago he had Tony Richardson by the short and curlies...Now he had nothing...and worse..

Frank Manicotti, Sergei Koslaw and 39 associates had all been indicted and arrested by the FBI....

V-
Sometime later, I was driving home from dinner with Sepia and our daughter, Kimberly...

''Whoa...Somebody got themselves killed tonight.."I said..

''Oh My God!" said Sepia.
"Stay here, I'll be right back...I see Siss and the guys.." I said.

CSI and uniformed police had the area roped off...They were snapping photos,looking for shells and other evidence..

 Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace had on latex gloves...She was checking the body...

''He's cold...He's been dead for hours.." she said.


 Her partner...Detective Tyriq Pile turned the body over...

"Two shots to the back of the head...Two to the knee caps...All five of his fingers broken..."he said grimly..
 ''He was tortured...My guess is he was killed somewhere else and dropped here."said Jimmy
Hazel grimaced as she examined the body.....

Sirena went through his pockets....Looked at his wallet...

"$750 dollars, Credit and Debit cards...This wasn't a robbery..." she said.
"His driver's license says his name is Charles Green, He's a P.I."said Hop.
"I remember him...He was a Lieutenant in Homicide...before we got there, right Siss?" said Duke..

"That's right...He was...He retired before I got the assignment...wow!" said Sissy...


"I vaugely remember him.." said Angie....

Just then, I walked up...I was shocked to see Charlie Green...Now suddenly I was racked with guilt...I hated to think that my activities might have caused him to lose his life..He was a P.I. like me, just doing a job...Even if it did involve Blackmail...

"Hey Guys...What you got?" I asked..

''Hey Kevin...He's a P.I. like you...His name is Charlie Green...somebody tortured and murdered him."said Sissy...
''WOW!" I said..
''Hey Kevin.."said Angie..
''Hey Ang.."I said.
'Did you know him Kevin?" asked Carlotta..

"Uh No...I did not....I heard of him in passing...but uh,I didn't know him....Damn....Who would do a thing like this?" I asked.
Just then, a unwelcome face entered the crime scene..

"I do believe this is my crime scene... Sissy , what are you and your guys doing here?" he asked..

"We got the call....You know Lieutenant Tragg, you're absolutely right...This is not a big enough murder to warrant my attention....It's all yours.." she said..
"Well Lahhhh Deee Dah...Think you're a big shot because you've cracked a few major cases huh Siss?" he asked...
"No Not at all...just deffering to my superior officer..."said Sissy with Sarcasm... Lt. Tragg only had seniority over her because he had been a Lieutenant longer than she had...but he was in no way superior to her...She was by far smarter than he was and everybody knew it..


Wasn't like Sissy to back down to Lt. Tragg...But I could understand...They had brought down a huge drug kingpin and several crime syndicates and caught a serial killer or two.. They were tired..

Tragg looked at me...

"Morris  what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Nothing Lieutenant, just looking."I said and smiled.. "Good Night."I said and walked away...

"Siss , you know this crime will never get solved with Tragg on it.."said Duke..

"Oh I know...but won't you enjoy watching him screw it up?" said Sissy...laughing...







Tyriq,Jimmy ,Carlotta, Sirena ,Hop and Angie cracked up laughing and walked back to their cars and left...

Hazel passed Lt. Tragg the site report and then released the body without asking him...

I sat in my car and watched with Sepia and Kimmy as the body was wheeled into the M.E.'s van...
"It's not your fault he's dead Kevin."said Sepia...He was in bed with some pretty bad people..."said Sepia..

"Yeah he was.."I sighed...  ''Come on let's go home."I said.
Lt. Tragg addressed the small contingent of reporters...

"He's an ex cop....Charlie Green...I knew him and if it's the last thing I do...I'm going to avenge his death..." he bellowed..

Sissy was right...He'd never solve this case...He'd just screw it up and get in my way....

The thing that really worried me was if whoever ,killed Charlie Green for failing...What did they have in store for U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson???....

I had a feeling he was not out of the hot water yet....He was still very much in danger.

(TO BE CONTINUED) 





No comments: