Thursday, October 19, 2017

And Away We Go!

Early Morning....I woke up....My hands were bound and I appeared to be in the trunk of a car, speeding down a highway....I could feel a body next to me...It was Monica...She appeared to be sleeping too...Her hands were bound...We both were gagged too...
I'm Detective Nate Nellis, Homicide...How did I wind up in the trunk of a car with my wife and partner,
Detective Monica Nellis lying next to me, asleep and also bound and gagged?
Well as you know if you've been following this story, we've been investigating what has turned out to be five homicides this week...For awhile we had no clue as to just who we were looking for...but we worked this case hard and the killer made a few mistakes...Like they all do...

One, our killer, Bret Breitland, a police academy washout ,still bitter and angry at my wife ,
Detective Monica Talbert-Nellis , who graduated at the top of her class with honors....The same class he flunked out of...was arrested by us three years ago for five other murders, convicted and sentenced to die....
He escaped from prison just days ago and began another murder spree.....He managed to get himself caught on an ATM cam leaving the scene of a double murder he committed and his final victim was his former attorney....That and a voice match we have on our phones with video of the murders as they happened..all lead us to him...

I initiated a check of the guns he left at the scene of all of the murders...All of them had a homemade silencer on them....all of them were made by the same manufacturer and had been purchased on line by credit card...
Not his...but the wife of another death row inmate ,Walter Featherstone who was in the cell next to his...
Her name was Wilma Featherstone...and we had a valid address for her....That's where this story really began...

 We had two plain clothes guys watching her apartment....They reported to us regularly on her comings and goings....

Monica and I decided to pay her a visit...We figured we might get lucky and catch Brett Breitland...We took back up...Three uniformed policemen who were just coming on duty...So what happened? and where are they??
We had one guy wait outside...The other two followed Monica and I up the stairs to Wilma's apartment...

Wilma, an attractive blonde came to the door...

"Hello, may I help you?" she said..

"I'm Detective Monica Nellis and this is my partner, Detective Nate Nellis.." she said.

"And we have a warrant for Brett Breitland's arrest...Five counts of first degree Murder." I said.

"He's not here, but he was expecting you....Would you like to wait for him?" she said, laughing..

Not the reaction or response either Monica or I was expecting..

"WHAT?" said Monica....

That's the last thing I remember....

I think we both were tasered by the two officers who were behind us as back up....

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" we both yelled as we fell to the floor of her apartment...


"Good work boys, take em down the back steps....The car is out back..." said Wilma...

She whistled for the third cop out the window... He joined the two others and they put our bodies in the car's trunk...I went blank after that....
The car smelled like a new car...I'm guessing it was a rental....
II-
So here we are flying at top speed down this highway....in the trunk of a rental car...bound and gagged...

Funny what swirls around in your memory at a time like this...

My memory swirls back to the last crime scene...My phone rang...

"Hello Nate" came the voice..

"Hello Brett." I said.

He was silent...

"That's right Breitland...we know this was you and soon we are going to have this city bottled up...No where for you to run from us..."I said..

"Oh I don't plan to run from you......The question is...Can you and your partner, get away from ME!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" he laughed maniacally...

Somehow, I didn't like the sound of that!

And that was what this was all about from day one....To commit enough murders to bring Monica and me on the case and to eventually lead us to him, so he could kill us...He wanted us to find him, but he didn't want to make it easy...He planned every step of this..from following us..to planting uniforms near us that were imposters, to making sure we were lead to Wilma Featherstone....and now this...His end game...

That's what he meant by Three to get ready and away we go... We, being Monica and me.....He practically told us the entire time just what he was planning to do...We just didn't realize it until the end...
We heard the car come to a stop...

I didn't know it...but we were at Aqua Port, where Transport Subs took people to Octopus Gardens and Lemuria..The Undersea Cities...My guess was whoever was driving this car was going to drive us off the deepest end and into the ocean...Where we would drown, still alive in the trunk...A very cruel but fitting death for the two detectives who outsmarted him and brought him to justice....

I remember when we arrested him three years ago...what he had said-

"You haven't seen the last of me...I'll get you..Next time...It'll be different...I'm smarter than all of you..You'll see.YOU BITCH!!!...YOU SNOTTY NOSED LITTLE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION BABY!!!! I WAS SMARTER THAN YOU...I WAS SMARTER THAN EVERYBODY...I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT JOB!!...DAMN YOUUUUUUUU!!!"he screamed as they dragged him out of the office...

Well now...here it was...The revenge he promised us..
However, I didn't plan on dying....Not today....I managed to wriggle my mouth gag off , I whispered to Monica..

 All Detectives were taught to carry a pen knife on you...You never knew when you might need one...I fumbled with mine and used it to cut my ropes.

"Mo-Mo...You awake baby?" I said..

She used her telepathic powers to communicate with me through thought...

"I am!!...Don't talk...just think...We don't want to let on that we are awake...It'll take me just a minute to work my way out of my bonds..they didn't tie me too tight" she said..

"I got my pen knife..I just cut myself loose..."I said..

"That's what I'm using...now let's work our way to the front seat....This water is getting high.." she said.

''And it's cold." she added
"Got'cha." I said..

III-
In the interrogation room at our police headquarters....Detective Kylie White and Lt. Cotton had the three imposters , who pretended to be uniformed police officers in custody....


They got suspicious when the real uniformed officers were discovered in the basement of headquarters, in their underwear...bound and gagged...
They studied street cam photos and caught all three men on them and got facial recognition of them all...They were all ex-cons who had been paid to overtake the cops and impersonate them and taser us...

"You guys know you're going back to prison don't you? Kidnapping and ....and possible murder of two...two police..."said an emotional Kylie..

"Hey we didn't kill nobody..."said One...

"You tasered them and put them in a car...We got the cars plates and we are on the look out for that car...I've got FBI, State Police and every copper in Philly looking for that car...So you might as well tell us where they are..."said Lt. Cotton....

''We don't know...We got paid by Wilma to make the snatch, that's all..We did time with her husband , it was a favor to him..."said the other one...

Kylie showed them a photo of Brett Breitland...

"You know him?" she asked..

"He was the guy driving...we don't know him..." said a third man....

Monique had been sitting alone in Lt. Cotton's office...She had locked in....She had found Monica and me..She knew where we were...She came in and whispered in Lt. Cotton's ear...

Now that he was married to Monique , he like I knew that Monica was a mutant with telepathic powers...He knew that both Monique and I could "lock in" as it was called and find her where-ever she was...because of our close connection to her...
Kylie didn't know any of this...

He walked back into the interrogation room...

"Officers, get these three drecks out of my face.....Take em down to central and book em, two counts, Kidnapping." he said...

"Lou??" said Kylie..

"Get a Helicopter...We gotta move fast...DO IT!" he said.

IV-
Brett Breitland was standing outside of the car now, with a remote control device..

"Heh, Heh, heh...Shame you two are asleep....I'd love for you to be awake when you meet your doom, but when the water seeps through that car...You'll soon be awake...for a short time...Heheheheheheh.."he laughed..

"Hey Stupid...Will you get on with this...Cops could be on our trail.."said Wilma Featherstone..

"How would they?  By the time they find those cops in the basement...It'll be too late...I imagine they've found em just about now...We paid the boys just enough so that they have made their getaway by now..And they can't prove a thing...Not on you..." he said.

He then looked at the car...

"Well Nate, Monica... One for the money, two for the show...Three to get ready and awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you go!!!" he laughed and started the car up...

He watched as the car sped off the pier at Aqua Port and splashed into the water...

He and Wilma walked away ......A small crowd that saw the car drive off the pier stood in awe...As the two vanished into the crowds of people...
I was wide awake and the cold water was pouring into the trunk fast ...We had cut ourselves loose and removed our gags..but not in time for the car to start moving rather rapidly....

She was coughing and trying to rise above the water so she could breathe...She like I ,knew that these  cars had an easy way to get from the trunk to the front seat.  She and I both made our way to the front seat...but more  water was pouring in...fast!


.
Monica,like me, had already cut her ropes...
He hadn't bothered to take our guns off of us...We both fired our weapons and blew out the windsheild and the back window...

It was easy for us to swim to the top...

We coughed and caught our breath...We were both happy to be alive, Happy to be treading water!

Somebody would see us and get help...There was a small crowd standing at Aqua Port!!

We saw a Helicopter right above us.... It was Lt. Cotton, Detective Kylie White and Monique...
We had a tearful and wet reunion at Aquaport..

V-
 ''You guys got here in the nick of time.." I said.
 ''Yes....Thank you Sis.." said Monica ,who gave her a wet kiss in the lips...They knew when they did that it turned me on, but they didn't care...
 "I wasn't going to let anything happen to my baby.." said Monique....hugging her...Because she was three minutes older ,she always referred to Monica as "her baby."
 "I'm just glad you guys are alright..That was a close one!"said Lt. Cotton.
..'We've got an APB for both Brett Brietland and Wilma Featherstone...We have cops at the Airport, Aquaport, Spaceport, The Bus Station, The Train stations, all over..."said Kylie...
"And the State Police are patrolling the highways...Those two are trapped..."said Lt. Cotton..

"They'd better find em before Nate and I do."said Monica.
''She's right, because at this point....It's shoot to kill." I said.

(CONCLUSION NEXT)




12 comments:

Toni said...

WOW!!!!! That's All I can say after reading this!

Angie B. said...

He all but said he was coming for them!

Sunflower said...

That was a close one! Too close...

George S. said...

What is it with you and people in trunks of cars being submerged in water? Didn't Kevin and Kool Kat escape from the trunk of a car that was dropped in the river lately?

Lisa said...

This was a very good episode and I like the way it was told...In flashbacks...Brilliant storytelling!

Halo said...

Yes I agree...This was brilliant storytelling...Loved every suspenseful minute of it!

Vanessa said...

I was on the edge of my seat...but I knew they were going to escape...Just like Kevin...They used their guns to blow out the windows of the car and swam to freedom and fresh air.

Brenda said...

I like that...They swam to freedom and fresh air...Great Storytelling!

Rita said...

Like the way the story was told...with flashbacks...Can't wait to see the wrap up tomorrow!

Cheryl said...

WOW! This story left me speechless!

James Perkins said...

Left me speechless too...but I knew they'd escape...Just didn't know how!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Great Story Mannn!