Wednesday, July 15, 2020

RiverBend Blues

 We had a nice Breakfast and we loaded up on two Mini Buses
 and headed towards the prison..

 Chip drove the lead Bus that carried Jessica , his wife and Yvette, Gary, Keith Jones, Bee Bee ,Sofia , Kahlil and Jade

 "This will be a short ride guys...The prison is right outside of Nashville." said Jessica.
 "Oh wow..I was thinking about falling asleep..A nice long ride up into the hills."said Yvette..
 "No such luck babes." said Gary..
 ''Actually, I prefer a short ride.."said Keith Jones.
 Bee Bee rubbed his hands softly and lay her head on his shoulders...He put his arm around her and lightly squeezed her....
 Kahlil already had his arm around Sofia's waste, holding her tight...She smiled and peered out of the window..
 Kahlil kissed her forehead..
Jade sat silently...
And Paris drove the second Bus that Had Olivia and Myself, Beverly and Nelson and Josie..

 "I'm glad its a short ride...I want to get right down to business.."said Olivia..
 "Yeah, me too.." I said..
 ''Ditto that."said Beverly..
 Nelson peered at Josie..

"You ready for this?" he asked her.
Nelson was always so protective of her...She loved him for it..

"Yupper." she said..

He smiled.


.

II-
 We entered the prison gates in no time at all..Showed our Identification and was led on to Death Row..
 Two Ominous White Buildings that housed those condemned to die... In Tennessee, that was only 28 people...

Rickey Lee Bowers was led out to us....He smiled upon seeing Jessica in person, who he had facetimed previously with the aid of another Innocence Project Attorney..
 "Hello Rickey Lee...As promised, I brought a team with me... This is my husband, Charles Burrows..
 "Pleased to meet you." said Chip..
 ''Same Here...Oh My God...These guys need no introduction....Olivia Bennett-Alexander, Beverly West...You know them??...You got drag with them?" said Rickey..
 ''We know Jessica quite well..She lives across the street from us at home in Philly...And we have worked for the Innocence Project on different cases around the country...Probably how we got famous..This is my Husband, Donnie Ray Alexander...He is an Investigator"said Olivia.
 "Pleased to meet you." I said..
 "You uh know my niece, Beverly West-East
 and her husband, Attorney Nelson East
 and Attorney Josie Boyd.."said Olivia..
 "I'm Attorney Yvette Jones..
 This is Attorney Keith Jones,
 Attorney Beatrice Evans...We call her Bee Bee..
 This is Mamasita, Attorney Sofia Garcia..
 Attorney Kahlil Ahmed..
 And Investigators, Gary Lockwood
 And Jade Lee.." said Yvette.."We'll also be assisting you
 "Oh Man...if it wasn't for those college students at the law school who looked into my case and took it to the Innocence Project, No way would I have a stellar legal team like this.. 11 Attorneys and 3 Investigators..
"Your Case is so complex, that is what it will take..These are the best attorneys I know...I have personally worked with all of them..  We are going to argue for your conviction to be overturned and then we are going to get you a new trial.."said Jessie..

 "We have to work on your alibi....You say you have 12 witnesses who can vouch for your whereabouts the night of the murder...I'm going to need their names and the last address on them you can think of.."I said.
 "Where were you in a bar? At A party...Was there security camera footage..?" asked Gary.
 ''We need the location and anything else you can remember about where you were."said Jade.
 "Wowww, you guys sound like cops.."laughed Ricky Lee as he pulled out his notes , with everything and the copies of briefs he himself had filed.. He had read up as much about criminal law as he could in the two years he had been here  and had become somewhat of a jailhouse lawyer..Helping other death row inmates file appeals..
''Donnie Ray was a former Homicide Detective on the New Orleans Police Force before he met and married Olivia..Ms. Jade Lee was a former Homicide Detective with the Tokyo Police department before she immigrated to the U.S. and became an American citizen.. and Gary here is an Investigator for the Philadelphia District Attorney's office. and before that He was a Homicide detective and and Internal Affairs detective."said Jessica.

"Niceeeee, you've put together like uh a second dream team...."said Ricky Lee..

We all laughed...

 If you looked down the hallway, you could see the Lethal Injection room and the
New Gas Chamber  right next to it..

 "I'm curious...Why did you pick the Gas Chamber as your uh preferred method of death?" asked Olivia..
 "I hate needles" said Rickey Lee..
Beverly Smiled.

"Works For Me." she said..

III-

 Back at our complex , we all sat by the pool...
 The ladies had martinis
and we had beers...

The time had come to split us up into teams..




Naturally, Gary ,Jade and myself would be out, looking for these twelve witnesses , who could place our client 300 miles away from the scene of the murder..We'd be looking at his credit card and debit card information to determine that also...as well as asking for a ballistics check ...a brand new one..

Paris was going to rent a car to transport us around to these destinations..







Jessica, Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Yvette, Keith Jones and Sofia Garcia were going to research and write the appeal and argue it before the State Appellate Courts...

Which meant they would hitting the law library hard after dinner and would probably be in their deep into the night and early morning.. For the next three nights, they were..





Bee Bee, Chip, Josie and Kahlil would be going over that trial transcripts inch by inch and high lighting and looking for all discrepancies they could find..We already had a good case for prosecutorial misconduct...

Each team, while independent of the other was  still just as important to the over all argument...

We didn't exactly have an easy case.....

 It was three in the morning...
 Everyone had retreated to their rooms for the night..
 Olivia sat near the window in just her Black satin night shirt , with a red Brazillian Thong on beneath it..
 "Trying to unwind.." I asked..
 Before she answered, I took her in my arms and kissed her..
"That will help you unwind... Me too." she said

and continued kissing me.
I pulled her night shirt up...ran my hands down into her panties and squeezed her butt...and kissed her passionately...

"Ummmmmm….ohhhhh Donnie Ray...ouuuuu you are....ouuuuuuuuuuu  you areeeee ready!.." she moaned, feeling the huge bulge in my trousers..

"UMMMMPH...OUUUUUUUUUU...YOU ARE BLESSED!" she said and giggled.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Olivia..Yessss...How are you going to sit here in front of me in that little night shirt and panties and I not be.?" I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu….I wanted you to be.." she cooed silently...

''Well I am..You got your wish.." I said...in between slow , soft kisses...

She eased out of my embrace...

"Wait, let me change....You get undressed.." she whispered...


She changed into  her lavender see through nightie.. with matching lavender panties..The one I loved.. I pulled her to me..

She smelled great...as usual...Her skin was baby soft..

I loved it..
We kissed passionately in the middle of the floor of our home...
I bent her over the small kitchen sink and entered her from behind..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OOOOOOOOOOUUU ! OH MY GOOODNESSS DONNNIE RAY!!!" she screamed..

'"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..."I MOANED LOUDLY!!!

Soon I was lifting her petite body up, going to town, long stroking her...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOO HOO..OUUUU HOO HOO HOO....OH MY GODDDD!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DONNIE RAY!" she screamed..

On the floor of our living room, I was going to town on her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  OH MY GODDDDD DONNIE RAY!" she moaned..

 Soon,  we were in bed...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu girllll.." I moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husband, ummmmmmmmmmm.."she moaned..

''Ouuuuuuuuuu Donnie Rayyyy I love you sooo much, sooo much, you don't even understand..."moaned Olivia....

"I love you too Olivia...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddd…" I cried out..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm… ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you like it daddy?" she cooed..

"I do.." I said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I like it too!" she said..

We were making sweet love...Nice and slow and unrushed...

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS passed by and we weren't even close to stopping...


Olivia positioned herself on top of me and began to move up and down..

"OHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDD DONNIE RAYYYYY! Thank you baby!" she bellowed..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. Thank youuuu!"I moaned..  I didn't know if I was coming or going..

This bed didn't squeak, but the headboard did rattle....

ANOTHER TWO TO THREE HOURS SLID BY..... We were going to be tired tomorrow morning, but right now...we didn't care....

We were driving each other to delirium in that bedroom.. I was so glad we were away from home and had no regular working hours...We were not going to make it..

IV-


THREE DAYS LATER-

Gary, Jade and I located seven of the twelve people Rickey Lee had on his list of alibi witnesses..





Beverly and Bee Bee had gone with us a few times...armed with video cameras and affadavits for them to sign...
With Paris driving..

We did a comparison of the original ballistics test and a check of Rickey Lee's registered gun...It was not a match!

We had Credit Card and Debit Card slips signed that night by Rickey Lee that placed him in another state that night at the time of the murder..

We weren't finished...by Jessica wanted to go with it..







With all of this and brilliant legal arguments.. Jessica, Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Yvette, Keith Jones and Sofia found themselves being rejected in Three different State Appellate Courts and a fourth Judge not even wanting to talk to them...

They next went to the Tennessee Supreme Court..
 We Waited to hear something..Anything!!!
 "God...Keith and Sofia look so defeated when they've come home after four losses..It's almost like they're going through the same thing all over again.."said Bee Bee..
 "Liv and Bev and Nelson don't show it...but I know they look just as defeated..."said Josie..
 "Ms. Yvette is putting on a brave face for us...but I know she feels defeated too!" said Kahlil..
 "Maybe if we were all there.."said Chip..
 "No...it's enough with them being there..More people makes these yokels more intimidated and angry.."I said.
 ''Wow...If we lose today...It's a wrap...and we did this all for nothing.."said Gary..

We had found the other five witnesses and had everybody on tape and a signed affidavit from each...
 "Hey, it's the phone...That's them!"said Paris..
 Jade picked up the phone..
 "You did? THAT'S GREAT! THE STATE SUPREME COURT OVERTURNED HIS CONVICTIONS AND ORDERED A NEW TRIAL!!!" said Jade..

We all cheered...

 And At Riverbend Maximum Security Prison...The News Hits Rickey Lee Bowers like a ton of bricks..

His Three Death Sentences have been overturned and a new trial was ordered...

 "DAMN!!! THOSE GUYS ARE GOOD! " he yelled as he was moved from death row into another part of the prison...but he was hardly out of the water yet..


(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: