Thursday, July 9, 2020

Up Close and Personal Killer

COURTROOM 102- 9:30 AM, THE NEXT MORNING!

 Attorney Dabnis Coley
 Our client, Ellen Dantley
and I appeared in court for her arraignment..

 ADA Ron Harper
and Lt. Tragg sat at the table..

Judge Elise Clemmons walked in...She was the pretty" activist" Judge who had recently been on trial for "Aiding and Abetting a Felon.." as well as "Accessory to Murder" and "Unlawful flight" charges..

All Nonsense charges brought on by Lt. Tragg...






She was successfully defended by Olivia, Beverly, Donnie Ray, Nelson and Josie..

Seeing Lt. Tragg sitting with the ADA made her mouth water and a smile crease her lips...

ADA Harper had a smile on his face, but for a different reason...

"Gotdamn that Judge is fine as a motha….What I wouldn't do to get her between the sheets." he muttered to himself..

He argued..

"Your Honor...The defendant , Ellen Dantley is charged with a class A felony...Murder in the first degree...She took a .22 caliber and willfully snuck up behind one Del Ray Horton and shot him in the back of the head, causing his death...This crime was premeditated and deliberate..I'm asking that she not be granted bail.."said Ron Harper..

"Your honor, My client is innocent of these charges...She has no prior record, She was 29, Philadelphia born and raised , Temple University Graduate , MBA from Drexel and employed at the Philadelphia Stock Exchange for the past two years.... I assure you she is not a flight risk!"said Dabnis..

She remembered Dabnis, from when Olivia and Beverly was defending her ..He offered to represent her if she wanted to sue the police department and Lt. Tragg for false arrest...She declined..

She smiled sweetly at him and said..

"Bail is set at $1000.00 dollars."

"WHATTTTTT??" screamed Lt. Tragg...

''What?" said an equally surprised Ellen Dantley , who was psychologically prepared to stay in jail.

I laughed my head off...

Dabnis peeled off five twenty dollar bills and paid the $100.00 bail and just like that, Ellen was a free woman, pending trial..

"Oh My Goddd! Thank youuuuuu!" said Ellen..

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!" screamed Lt. Tragg...

Judge Clemmons smiled and walked past him and ADA Harper...

 ADA Ron Harper looked at Lt. Tragg..

"Tell Me...Just how many Judges have you pissed off?" he said in disgust as he walked away...,
Lt. Tragg was furious...


 "You probably are hungry..Let's Get you something to eat.." said Dabnis..
 "Thank you...Could we go to Chinese Bob's joint? I'm in a mood for Chinese."said Ellen.
"You know...That's a good idea.." I said as we left..





II-


Lt. Tragg rushed to Sam Mother's Diner...


He was Livid...but he was out of luck today...None of the Attorneys he usually sparred with were there today...

We were halfway across town at Chinese Bob's

Having good hot ,steamy Chinese food and

Mimosas..

"I can't believe my good fortune...I'm charged with a crime I know nothing about and bailed out in just one day...Wowwwww!"Said Ellen.

"Ellen have you got someplace to stay? Family, a girlfriend?? Naturally ,because your house is a crime scene, you can't stay there.."I said..

"I have a place.."said Ellen..

''We need the address and the phone number..and here...This is my business card and my mobile number...If you need anything...Call me or Kevin here....Let me know.."said Dabnis..

"Now you need to tell us everything...everything about you and Del Ray..." I said.

"I began working at the Stock Exchange Two Years ago and from the time I got there...Del Ray Horton was in my ass..

Stopping by my desk and later my office , talking, taking up my time , wanting my number..Wanting to take me out...

We'd meet at Josie's



Aqua Bar


and Stoleys


for drinks...he'd pay for all my drinks and my girlfriends... 



I knew he was the personal assistant to Mr. Love..


.and I guess he thought that made him a big deal..but I basically saw him as a high priced errand boy...Because that's all he was..

He would send me flowers, Bring me pastry and coffee almost every morning...just trying to get me to spend some alone time with him...

Finally...I agreed to hang out with him....On the day of the accident.. I had off...and he was off too because his boss, Mr. Love was in San Francisco...

He had one of his bosses cars, I knew it wasn't his...

We went to a rooftop listening party for someone's new album drop....I had a great time..

 Then he took me to the Hilton
Where he had a Suite rented.." she said.

"Yes, I see he was using his bosses Philadelphia Stock Exchange Credit card a lot during that day..and the next week when he had you repair that car...I wonder how he planned to cover all of that." I asked.

"He paid it back out of his own money..Anyway..we go back to the room and he said that I "Owed him" for all he had treated me to...

We started out kissing...That's all I meant to do...but we eventually wound up in bed..

making insane ...

crazy love for close to EIGHT OR NINE HOURS!

He had incredible stamina...He didn't seem to want to get up off of me...


We showered and dressed and  headed home...After all the sex we had had in that hotel room... He told me he was still horny and that he wanted a blow job in the car...

I told him no....We had already had sex in the hotel...I was done for the day...Possibly forever with him!..He was good in bed...but I had a feeling that was all he wanted..Just sex...Not a real relationship like what I wanted...We argued about it for a few minutes...I was firm that I was tired and wasn't doing anymore.. He was livid!

 He ordered me out of the car..
I got out and he pulled off in an angry huff...That's when he hit your guy... and kept going!!!


He called me the next morning and apologized profusely, He was  scared to death.....He asked me if I had seen the news, if the guy he hit had died?


We found out the guy was in the hospital with a broken leg...Relieved he came by with the car..It had a dent and a broken front light on the passenger side.. He gave me the credit card and told me to take it in and get it repaired...I didn't want to be involved...but he said we both were already involved because we'd been in the car...

I had the car repaired and detailed..and then bleached and steam cleaned and returned to the parking garage.

His boss returned and wasn't the wiser...He had even paid the credit card bill.. Everything was cool until you two showed up asking questions,." she said.

"What I don't understand was...This could have been handled quietly out of court...We sued the Insurance Company and when they saw our proof ..they paid...Why did anybody have to be killed behind this?" asked Dabnis..

 "I don't know."said Ellen.
''What was he doing in your house?" I asked.

"Again I don't know...I never gave him a key...He had never been inside my house...

I was out shopping at the 24 Hour Quick mart near me.."said Ellen.

"I know...I checked your debit card and several people at the market said they saw you there and you're on the store footage.."I said.

''Damn!!  You're good! When I came home...My door was open and he was laying face down in a pool of blood..I called 911 and I got the hell out of there and that's the truth guys.." said Ellen..

 "I believe you.."I said.
"I do too!!...Let's go get your things and take you someplace you can stay until we sort this whole thing out."said Dabnis..

"Thank you soo much."said Ellen.





III-

Dabnis got Ellen situated..

 While I went to talk to Hazel at the M.E.'s Office..
She showed me the gun..

"This is the murder weapon.. A standard .22 , but not the type carried by women...The type carried by hitmen..We found no fingerprints or DNA on this gun at all and it was found on the floor under her bed..That's an odd place to hide it , isn't it ? The only prints and or DNA found in her home were hers." said Hazel.

''Well she lived there..They're supposed to be there."I said.

"Judging from where the gun was aimed and fired..I'd say your killer is about six feet ,two inches tall and a left handed guy..."said Hazel..

Ellen is five feet ,six at best and right handed..

"You Tell Lt. Tragg this?" I asked.

"I did, but as usual, he wasn't interested...He's made his arrest, he thinks he has a good case...case closed."sighed Hazel..

"I sure wish your husband and his friends were working on this.." I said.

"Who are you tellin?" said Hazel.  "This girl didn't do this.....Solve this case Kevin."pleaded Hazel.

"I'm going to try my best.." I said.

IV-

I was in Josie's … It was a typical Wednesday Night..

packed to the gill...

Gus , the owner and bartender was talking to me..

"I heard Lt. Tragg has been giving you and a lot of other people problems when they tryin to eat their lunch at Sam Mothers... Sam told me that his antics are running his customers away and if he doesn't stop he's either going to ban him or call Eddie Cantrell again..His Captain..

''Sissy and her guys have a cafeteria ,









a nice cafeteria in their building...

They either eat there or they have their meals sent there via Door dash or UBER Eats....

Olivia and her guys





 and

Yvette and her crew






 regularly catch hell from him and his tirades..It's as if he's coming unglued." I said.

"I knew his father and his uncle....both evil men...The worst most abusive cops you ever wanna run into...That apple don't fall far from that tree...His Uncle had a massive stroke and died...Nobody missed him or was too unhappy...His dad had a massive heart attack some years later...Same thing...I wonder what will take sonny boy out?" said Gus..

 "Hey Kevin.."said Honey Brown..
"Heyy Honey Bee.." I said..

"Here come your friends.."said Honey Brown..

 Kool Kat  came in with the man known as Pink...

"Hey Honey Brown, Two Coronas and whatever Kevin is drinkin.." he said.
"Thanks Honey."said Pink..

''Coming Up Guys."said Honey Brown..

It was true...I used a lot of sophisticated scientific equipment at my headquarters to investigate and I had the help of 7 trained investigators...but I still relied heavily on my street informants like Kool Kat and Pink for a lot of information, I couldn't normally get..

"So Kevin, You're looking for a contract killer, who uses his left hand and specializes in Up close and personal kills...Uses a .22 right? One man fits that category... "Left Handed Lincoln..." said Pink..


"I heard of him...He doesn't come cheap....He's smooth and he's good...."said Kool Kat...

"You got an address? I need to talk to him." I said.

''He aint the talkin type Kevin. If you're going after him...Come Heavy baby!"said Pink..

"But of course.." I said.

''And he's not goin alone.."said Kool Kat..

For the second time tonight...Kool Kat and I were in a bar, having beers... we didn't ask any questions or make any ruckus..

All we needed to know was right around the corner..A rooming house recently rented to Lincoln Trower…Left Handed Lincoln.. A soulless remorseless psychopath  and a suspect in 15 contract killings..
He was left handed and he used a .22 caliber.. He liked to get close and personal to his victims..Tonight we planned to get up close and personal with him!

Kool Kat had my back...

 He followed me up the stairs....357 mag at the ready...
I had a .38 smokeless, a .40 Caliber and my own .22 on me..

We both had on Kevlar vests under our clothing and a trauma plate... Such was our respect for this dangerous man..

We eased down the surprisingly bright hallway...When suddenly , I heard a thud and I saw a light..A bright light!!!

Kool Kat had been hit with a sap and we both had been tased slightly..

We Both fell to the floor... I fell up against the wall..

A guy this dangerous was always prepared for the inevitable... He no doubt had heard I had been inquiring about him on the street and he probably knew why...

"Kevin Morris...Soon as I heard from Mr. Love that you were sniffin around this case....I knew that sooner or later you'd come around here...Well, that's too bad for you....Mr. Love paid me an extra 12K to knock you and that girl off... I was gonna hit her tomorrow since you and your lawyer friend sprung her...but since you're here now, I'll start with you...Heh heh heh!" he laughed..

I was a little groggy, but not completely incapacitated from his taser....I was quietly reaching for one of my guns...If he got close, I was going to let him have it..

Turns out...I wouldn't have to..

Kool Kat, took his foot and used it to sweep him..He stumbled forward suddenly!

"OOOOOOF!" said Lincoln as he slipped and fell... We heard his gun go off!

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HELL....I DON'T BELIEVE IT.....I'VE BEEN SHOT!" he moaned..

He had tripped , fell on his gun and had accidentally shot himself..

Blood was spurting out of him like a siv...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…" he moaned...….

The nice carpeted floor was a crimson red......

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWD, I'VE BEEN SHOTTT!" he moaned...

Then he lie still....He said no more and he didn't move...

 Kool Kat lifted me up..

"Kev, you alright?" he asked..
"Yup....Did you touch anything? " I asked.

 "No, You?" asked Kool Kat..
"No...Let's get the hell out of here.." I said..

"No argument from me boss." said Kool Kat....

We left immediately...We had parked six blocks away... We got in the car and pulled off...

Unknown to us then... Lincoln Trower, aka Left Handed Lincoln had died , the victim of his own gun....How ironic.

We left and I made an anonymous call to the Police..

"He looks like he fell on his gun..He tripped and fell and the hair trigger went off...."said Hazel, who was so relieved that Lt. Tragg wasn't around...

 "How Ironic." said Duke Baylor..

"This guy is a suspect in 15 contract killings and he dies in an accidental shooting.."laughs Duke.
"Proof that God has a sense of humor."laughed his partner, Angie Belton-Barlow..

 ''We found a sawed off shotgun in his room and an envelope with 12K in cash."said Carlotta Wallace.
 "And several .22 Caliber pistols like the one he had...."said Tyriq.
"I wonder how many murders can we tie to him?" asked Jimmy...

 "On His laptop...a payment was wired to his bank account recently from the Caymen Island account of some guy named Harry Love.."said Hop..
''Who is that?" asked Sirena.

"I don't know...But We are going to get to know him." said Sissy...

"You can release the body Hazel." said Carlotta..

 "Okay Boys...wrap him up!" said Hazel...
They put him in a plastic bag and on a stretcher and wheeled him away...

What a night this had been..

V-
It was close to midnight..

I stood outside Dabnis 's house talking to him..

"I'm telling you...This case was all but solved...We had him...Lincoln Trower, a Contract Killer , who all but admitted he killed Del Ray Horton on orders from Harry Love and that Harry Love paid him extra to kill both me and Ellen..and then he trips and falls and his gun goes off and he dies in the hallway.. Rotten Luck...He was our alibi.." I said.

"Well we'll subpoena Harry Love and get him on the stand..."said Dabnis..

''He's not going to talk to us.. He doesn't have to...We have no proof...At least not yet." I said..

''Well you do what you do Kev...I'm going to give this girl the best defense Imaginable!"said Dabnis.

(CONCLUSION NEXT)






No comments: