Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Sweeney

Sissy and I were at the Medical Examiner's Office.
In Particular, at their DNA Laboratory...
"Our killer made a mistake...That sealed envelope that he placed in an air tight plastic bag that was found on victim number three was sealed by his mouth...We not only got saliva, which had a ton of DNA, but a latent fingerprint on the inside of the bag.." said Hazel.
"We put the DNA and Fingerprint through our database and didn't get a hit..No Arrest record in Philadelphia or the State of Pennsylvania.. So We put em through VICAP, but the FBI is tied up with all those terrorist cases from January 6th...It's going to be slow.."said Dr. Marcy Templeton.

"We put em through Interpol too! That too is going to take some time."said Hazel.So we brought in Dr. Goggins of Goggins Laboratory...She's going to go about it in another way." said Hazel.

"Hello guys...As you know..I've done a lot of work for defense attorneys in key cases...I'm going to use the same method they used out in California  to catch the Golden State Killer. 

I am using a new service. GEDmatch, a service that collects voluntarily given samples of DNA. It's like Ancestry, or 23andMe. People submit their DNA in hopes of finding relatives or more information about where their ancestors came from, and in this case? They found a DNA sample that was a partial match to the Golden State Killer. That person wasn't the killer, of course, but it gave them a place to start. Detectives then went back through the family, and one named popped: DeAngelo, the former officer who had lived in the area of the attacks as they were happening.

By taking this DNA, I hope to do the same thing.. Finding a killer via the DNA of a family member is a fairly new thing, but when it was used in the Golden State Killer case, that wasn't a first. According to the BBC, the first time a murderer was captured thanks to family DNA was to solve the 2002 rape and murder of an elderly widow named Gladys Godfrey.The 87-year-old Godfrey was attacked in her Nottinghamshire home, and the extent of her injuries was so severe that law enforcement didn't allow her niece to identify her body. They called it "one of, if not the most horrendous case, that we have ever investigated."  The killer remained unidentified and at large for a year, even though they had samples of his DNA from the scene. There was no match in any national database, and here's where the Forensic Intelligence Bureau comes in. They started looking for close DNA matches instead of exact, and the results were a fairly long list of names... but a list, nonetheless. After factoring in geographical information, they homed in on 21-year-old Jason Ward. The DNA matched, Ward was arrested, entered a guilty plea, and was handed a life sentence. In the UK alone, familial DNA techniques have been used in 212 criminal cases between 2009 and 2018." said Dr. Goggins.


''I heard about this method being used in both cases in a seminar I was in about a year ago." said Sissy.


"As an attorney...I sometimes worry that this opens a whole can of ethical worms." I said.

"Surely, any tools that allow serial offenders to be brought to justice and put behind bars for a long, long time is a good thing... right? It turns out that it's not so clear-cut, and the use of familial DNA in criminal cases has kicked up a massive ethical debate. According to Drexel University professor of law Robert Field, one of the biggest problems is that while some DNA testing firms don't allow their DNA to be accessed by police, some do... and the distinction isn't always clear to anyone who's submitting a DNA sample.There's another problem: most of these companies aren't updating their own policies and procedures fast enough to keep up with advances in DNA technology, and that can leave them — and their customers — open to loopholes. PSMag says there's questions about what other doors this will open. If police have access to everyone's DNA, who else will? Will employers or insurance companies be able to use it to discriminate against applicants? Will medical facilities soon be able to access DNA samples for research? Are you cool with that? The debate might not be entirely new — Mercury News says that California's attempts to create a DNA database in the 1990s were met with a "buzz-saw of opposition" — but with continued advances in the science, there's many that say future-proofed laws designed to protect people's privacy needs to be put in place sooner than later. Not to be Debbie Downer." I said with a smile.


''All of your concerns are very valid ADA Wallace, but right now, we have to do what we can , while we can with what we have..I trust the law to make the correct adjustments." said Dr. Goggins.

"I do too!" I said with a smile.
'Well , this has been eye opening today...Thank You Hazel, Marcy and Dr. Goggins for inviting us." said Sissy.
"You're always welcome." said Hazel, who thought to herself..Trying to explain this to Lt. Tragg would have been challenging..He had the attention span of a 4 year old and no appreciation for science and or law.  She looked at her assistant...Dr. Marcy Templeton..

"Marcy..you've put in a lot of hours.. Why don't you take the rest of the day off." said Hazel.

"Oh Bless you Dr. Baylor...Bless you..." said an exhausted Dr. Templeton.. She had worked about 13 HOURS straight...so had Hazel..

Not to mention..Lt. Tragg had been taking up more than a few of her nights. He was insatiable!!!

He never got enough....He wanted it all the time...


Well Not tonight..


She was taking a nice hot shower and getting some sleep...

and putting her phone on vibrate.


Meanwhile at Headquarters,
"We've talked to Hatch's next of kin, his ex-girlfriends and his associates and We are certain...He never crossed paths with Fowler or Ngouchi...He didn't even know Ngouchi.." said Hop..
we checked his financials and Ngouchi and Fowler as well , there is no match...
'So We know there is absolutely no connection" Said Lt. Danny Ho.
"I never thought there was..I was undercover on this guy...He was a real estate guy...He didn't even hang in the ghetto..He lived in Center City..took business meetings with other businessmen..He wouldn't associate with a two bit stick up kid like Hatch." said Carlotta.
"I questioned his number two, the guy who handled his drug business on the street...He never heard of Fowler or Hatch. I believe him." said Tyriq.
"So...We know now that we may be looking at a vigilante type killer, who wipes out bad guys."said Jimmy.

"Yeah , but wipes out our bad guys...All three of these cases were C.I.D. cases..Ngouchi was our big target...Angie and I had been on the Fowler Murder case for a month...and those smash and grab robbery-homicides were all over the news." said Duke.

"I cross checked, we didn't take any of the same cops on the busts of the Ngouchi crew....And the cops that helped Sirena and Hop out on the smash and grabs came from your shop Danny...I checked them all out..They're clean.." said Angie.


"I forgot you used to be with Internal Affairs.."laughed  Danny Ho.

Her husband Jimmy put his arms around her waste and kissed her cheek..

"That's how I met my chocolate cupcake, She was investigating me.." he said.

"Most cops...ALL COPS avoid I.A. with a passion...THIS guy offered me more information on him than I needed...Would call me up, drop by my house..and bring me coffee and pastries in the morning..Walk me to work.. I began to think , he's either hiding something or he wants something...ME!"laughed Angie.,.
''It was obvious what he wanted."laughed her partner, Duke.
"I was rather proud of Junior...Didn't think he had it in him."laughed Tyriq..


''Awww I thought it was cute."laughed Carlotta..



Lt. Tragg walked in...

"Alright Break it Up..What's goin on here?" he said.


"We are working this case.."said Lt. Danny Ho.


"How? Standing around jaw jackin?  Why aren't you on the streets?" he asked.

''We have been, questioning friends, associates, next of kin ,informants on all three deceased men and we've come to the conclusion that they didn't know each other and had no connection."said Sirena.

"We were co-ordinating our findings." said Tyriq.


"OH THAT'S WHAT YOU WERE DOING?  IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS YOU HAVE A SERIAL KILLER ON THE LOOSE!" said Lt. Tragg..

''So what would you have us do, Produce him out of thin air or I know...Do like you do, arrest the wrong suspect?" asked Jimmy..



The air got tense...

Sirena had always cautioned Jimmy not to argue with Lt. Tragg..Lt. Tragg had suspended him for three days without pay once for speaking out.."
Angie, his wife was worried Lt. Tragg might transfer him out of the unit..
So Did his partner, Carlotta..

Lt. Tragg turned -

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" he said menacingly...


"HE DOES HAVE A POINT!!...YOU DO TEND TO RUN HALF COCKED AND ARREST THE WRONG PERSON !! WE GATHER CREDIBLE EVIDENCE AROUND HERE BEFORE WE MAKE AN ARREST...AND WE ARE ESTABLISHING EVIDENCE TO MAKE A CASE..."said Lt. Sissy Van Buren ,who was just returning with me..


"And where have you been Ms. Fearless Leader?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"We were at the Medical Examiner's Office...We had a meeting with Hazel, Dr. Goggins of Goggins Laboratory and Dr. Marcy Templeton. They are running a possible DNA sample from our suspect.." I said.


At the mention of her name, his entire demeanor changed..

"Oh.....well uh carry on...Keep me apraised on the progress of the case." he said and he left .

He passed Sharon Hopkins as she was getting off the elevator and he was getting on it..

"What's with him?" she asked.


"Same old Same old." sighed Sissy.



II-


Marcy Templeton's phone rang and rang, with just a voicemail response..

She had cut her GPS locator off.


Lt. Tragg had stopped by the Medical Examiner's Office and was told she had gone home for the day...He stopped by her loft, but it was silent and the lights were out..He went to all of the shopping centers she had been known to frequent and finally stopped off at Curley's Bar.

She would no likely stop in for a drink sometime tonight.


Closing time came and went and she didn't show..She was at home ,getting some much needed sleep.


At least we wouldn't have to be worried about him interfering...We found another murder victim..Hanging from the ceiling...With a hastily worded typewritten suicide note written and left on the floor.


"Look at this letter...I'd swear it was written from the same typewriter used in the Fowler case."said Carlotta.


"Let me see that Top." asked Duke ,who looked at the letter.. 

"Yeah....the "r" is only half typed..Just like on the letter in Fowler's suit jacket.."said Duke.


"Oh yeah, the information on that letter in Fowler's pocket was as good as gold.. We found the safe deposit box with the murder weapon in it..A Ballistics match..."said Angie.


''And we found an eyewitness ,just like the letter said Fowler was your guy." said Tyriq..


"Just like the murder weapon on Hatch cleared ballistics.." said Hop.


"I know this guy....He's a cop!!" said Jimmy, looking at the hanging man..


"I recognize him too..Gil Sweeney...He was a detective once...In Robbery -Homicide." said Sirena.


"I remember him...He was a pretty decent detective...He retired soon after I came to Homicide...He and a bunch of the old guys...That's why I was able to bring Chica, Rico and Jimmy into the unit..We suddenly had a bunch of vacancies that became Hop, Sirena and Angie." said Sissy..
Carlotta took the typewritten suicide letter and put it in a plastic bag...
"If he hung himself, how did he get up there? There is no stool, no chair."said Tyriq..
''And where is the typewriter, he wrote the letter on?"asked Jimmy.


"

"This was a murder staged to look like a suicide."said Sirena.







"Reallll sloppy!" said Hop.

"Hmmmmmmm, wonder if this is our guy." asked Angie..



"Look what I found Sis.." said Duke.


Three homemade garrote's.....


"Bag em.." said Sissy as they were placed in a plastic bag...


Crime Scene Investigators and Medical examiners Office personell examined the body..

"He died about six hours ago...judging from body temp....And he didn't hang himself..He was strangled."said Hazel.. "The Killer had big hands." said Hazel.


''Let's get him out of here before you know who shows up." said Sissy.


As the body was placed in a body bag  and strapped to a gurney and rolled out..


Was this our elusive killer ?? Or was this victim number four??? I wondered.


The night knew how to keep it's secrets.


III-


THE NEXT MORNING!

Our building had a stylish cafeteria and a great staff that cooked excellent meals for the cops and federal agents and administrative assistants who worked in our building.

Unlike our friends, Olivia and Yvette..



we were not at the mercy of Lt. Tragg when we ate our meals..

We ate in peace..


Carlotta walked in with news...

"I just talked to Hazel and Dr. Templeton..Our guy from last night.. Detective Sweeney's DNA does not match the DNA that was on that sealed envelope we found on Fowler...BUT...there was a latent fingerprint on the letter that matches the fingerprint on the Fowler Letter." said Carlotta.



''So we are looking for the same killer." said Duke.
''Our killer's attempt to throw us off..by making us think it was someone else failed."said Tyriq.


"It was too sloppily done.."said Hop..

"I think our boy is getting scared, desperate." said Jimmy.


"That's what I think..." said Sirena,

"We have to keep this close to the vest...We can't allow whoever to think that we are on to their ruse." said Sissy.


"Sit down Carlotta, enjoy this breakfast.." said Angie.







There was plenty of good food to eat this morning.


At Sam Mother's Diner,

Lt. Tragg walked in... None of the Attorneys he usually jousted with were here today..


Dr. Marcy Templeton was laughing and talking with a waiter...


While enjoying a hot steaming tumbler of coffee..


Lt. Tragg walked up to them, looked at the waiter and said..

"Ok Kid beat it!"

The waiter looked at him like he was crazy, but he left...

"Excuse you...We were having a conversation." said Marcy Templeton...


"Where were you last night? I called about nine or ten times and I texted and left a message... I stopped by the M.E.'s office earlier and they said you had left for the day.." asked Lt. Tragg.


"I was at home, asleep...I worked a 13 hour shift ...I didn't want any company...I went home, showered and got into bed...and I turned my phone on vibrate...NOT THAT I HAVE TO REPORT TO YOU!" she said angrily...


"You took your GPS tracker off..." he said.

"It's my phone..I pay the bill." she said.


"My usual Sam!" said Lt. Tragg..
His two eggs, Sunny side up..
Sausages
Hash Browns

and hot coffee arrived at her table..



''So you guys got a hit on this guy's DNA eh?" said Lt. Tragg.

"No, not yet...We ran it through decks and we didn't get a hit, so we are running it through VICAP and INTERPOL...that's going to take some time..besides...I'm not at liberty to speak on the particulars of this case.. You'll have to speak to Lt. Sissy Van Buren or Lt. Danny Ho...it's their case." said Marcy Templeton..


"Their case...Their Case... I AM THE SUPERIOR OFFICER!!!  I have seniority...I was a Lieutenant long before Sissy or Danny...Their Case is MY CASE.....Understand??" he said angrilly..


"The way I understand it..You don't have anything to do with this case at all.... one case involves
Detectives Tyriq Pile, Carlotta Wallace and Jimmy Barlow...



and another case involves Lt. Danny Ho of Robbery Homicide , and C.I. D. Detectives Sirena Pile and Tony Hopkins..




and the other case was Detectives Edwin"Duke" Baylor and Angie Belton-Barlow


Now those are Sissy's detectives...

Not yours" she said.

"My instructions are to run everything through Sissy first or Danny or ADA Keith Wallace.. 



nowhere on that list is you...So let's table any more conversation about this case or these cases.."said Marcy.


"You know...You're starting to really get under my skin....I HAVE SENIORITY OVER BOTH LT. SISSY VAN BUREN AND LT. DANNY HO...I'M THE SUPERIOR OFFICER HERE...IF I ASK FOR INFO ON THIS CASE, I EXPECT TO GET IT!!!" snarled Lt. Tragg..


Marcy smiled..she removed his hand from her arm...

"You know....You've spent a lot of time in my bed lately, which is why I was so tired lately and needed a night to sleep...If you wish to spend anymore time in my bed..you'd better change your attitude.." she said quietly as she left some money on the table..

"Good Bye Lieutenant!" she said


"Now Look!" he said and grabbed her arm again..

"No you look...."she said and snatched her arm away....She got up and walked toward the door and walked out..

The waiter Lt. Tragg had told to beat it laughed his head off and went into the back..


Lt. Tragg finished his meal quietly.....He didn't utter a word more.


IV-

A NIGHT LATER!

"OUUUU PAPI, THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!" said Carlotta..


As I passed her the bouquet of Roses..


"I'm glad you like them." I said..


Dr. Templeton had given them to me earlier today...

"Give these to your wife...She'll love them." she said.

I didn't tell Carlotta that!


Carlotta fixed some Ice Tea...We both had a glass..... she then put the flowers in a vase and added cold water to the vase..

"There , look at that!  It's nice isn't it?" she said and smiled sweetly..

I stared at her...I unhooked her bra and slipped her panties off..
She smiled..She stroked my hard and engorged penis...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu papi...Aye Mios Dios...You are wooooooooooooooouuu..You are huge...Like a donkey.... You brought me those flowers to assure that you got some tonight, didn't you?"she exclaimed..
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm"....I moaned.. "YESSSSSSSS!" I added
We kissed hungrilly...Both of us trying to devour the other's lips.....

"Thank you for being so romantic, for not taking me for granted.. I love you so much." she said in between butter soft kisses that drove me insane..

"I love you too!" I said in between hot, smouldering kisses..
She put her arms around my neck and kissed me passionately......
In no time at all, Carlotta and I were in bed ,making sweet love...

I was on top of the bed thrusting mightily inside of her...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu papiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..ayyyyyyyyyyyyyye.."she moaned ....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girllllllllllllllllllll, why are you so damn hottt............??"I asked..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh papi...I don't know....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I don't knowwww,Aye Mios Dios..."was all she would say...

Her left hand grabbed my buttock ,almost as if she was guiding me in...

"Papi ,ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you are driving me crazy.." she moaned feverishly....

"You're driving me crazy..." I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu papiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.."she moaned..

The bed was shaking and squeaking something crazy....

The headboard was rattling loudly....


I'm glad we were home...

  EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of hot sweaty lovemaking went by.....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph,ouuuuu girlll!" I moaned..

"ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh papi." she cooed softly...


Of all of the women I had slept with none got me as excited as Carlotta or made me feel as good as she did...I was entranced by her totally.....She knew it..and I knew it...

I wasn't even aware that I was cumming at first....but I was...Like a gusher...

Carlotta held on to me for dear life and began to shake, to tremble...her head began to turn both ways...and her legs got stiff and began to shake...

I lie in between her legs , catching my breath!!


 ''Ouu papi...You make me cum so hard.." she said..
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god...Carlotta,I don't have words for what you do to me.."I said..
We continued kissing some more as I sat on the side of the bed..
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm papiiiii" said Carlotta as she eased down on my waiting penis and began to slowly move up and down....as we began making sweet love again...

Staring at the beautiful flowers in the vase.


Meanwhile at Curley's Bar-


Lt. Tragg sat alone..


He dialed Marcy's number...He got a voicemail response.. She couldn't still be sore after those flowers he sent her..Those multi colored roses...They cost him a mint....
He downed another beer.

"That Bad Artie? what's her name?" laughed the man sitting down with him...


"Oh My God!!! Bobby Russell..What do ya know? What do ya say?" laughed Lt. Tragg..

" Artieeeee, Long time no see eh??..I did see you yesterday when you were over at C.I.D. but you were hurrying out" he said.

"You over there?" he asked.


"Yeah...I've been over there a year now, since I got shot...I work dispatch....Not a bad detail...The Feds, FBI , ATF are on all the floors above the fifth...and C.I.D. has the other floors.. I chop it up with Duke, Rico and some of the old guys I knew.." said Bobby.


''So you're uh privy to some of their cases right?" said Lt. Tragg.


"I work dispatch, I'm privy to all of em.."laughed Bobby.


"Like that Big Drug Kingpin who bought it and that Smash and grab stick up kid and Fowler.. all of em 
in the river with garrotte's around their necks and Sissy Van Buren doesn't see a connection..It's obvious there is a serial killer on the loose and they're still looking at each individual case and stumbling around..I tell you Bobby,If I was runnin this case, I'd have a man on the spot by now." said Lt. Tragg.
"You heard about Gil didn't ya?" said Bobby..



''Sweeney?? Gil Sweeney??What about him?" asked Lt. Tragg..
"They found him in his apartment, hanging...It looks like a suicide..but they are uh treatin it like a homicide until further notice. it happened night before last." said Bobby.


"WHATTTTTTTT? I didn't know, nobody told me.. Gil Sweeney was a hell of a cop...My Dad trained him himself.. Hell of a cop! My Uncle Jack used to call him when he needed to take a few doors."said Lt. Tragg.. "Damnnn! Who caught the case??."asked Lt. Tragg, visibly shocked.

"They put Duke Baylor on it.." said Bobby..


"He's good police.." said Bobby.



"Yeah but he's loyal to Sissy.  Listen Bobby..I need you to do me a favor...You work dispatch, you hear things right? Well when you HEAR anything about these cases...Give me a call okay? I just want information. that's all I need..Nobody will know it's you.."said Lt. Tragg.


"Sure Artie, Sure." said Bobby..


Lt. Tragg patted him on the back..

"Thanks Bobby, you're one of the good ones ." he said and plunked a few dollars on the table and left the bar..



(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: