Thursday, July 8, 2021

Always the Wrong Woman


 In The "Fishbowl", the nickname the detectives gave for the interrogation room, sat Greg Garland..



He had been given a bandage for his head and medical attention..

.He drank a cup of coffee and made his one phone call. Other than that..He said not a word.

"Look fella, you got drunk, things got out of hand and you accidentally killed that girl...That's how I see it..We got you with the murder weapon in your hands.. Only your prints are on it..and you smell like a saloon..We got you cold.. Help yourself out.."said Lt. Tragg.

Gary stared balefully at Lt. Tragg.., but said nothing..

''You just can't stay out of trouble, can you?" said Yvette, smiling at Greg.  "I didn't even know you were in town." she added.

''Vettie aren't you tired...You just won a big trial yesterday?" asked Lt. Tragg.

''Well you know how it is Lieutenant...When you're good, it gets around." joked Yvette, who even though she was tired..She felt very good about herself..


"Vettie I didn't kill her... She must have been dead when I got there." said Greg...

"Okay, we won't discuss it here..We are going to try to get you arraigned and released on bail..Then we'll talk.." said Yvette..

''Vettie you just won a career defining case...Why take on this loser?" asked Lt. Tragg.


"Because he's my friend." said Yvette simply and she had learned that friends are always there for one another.


''Suit yourself, but this one is a stone cold loser, we got him cold, with the murder weapon in his hands."said Lt. Tragg.

He always said that.

TWO HOURS LATER-

We were in Judge Julie Wong's court...She knew Greg Garland, He had tried a few cases in her courtroom.. She looked at the bandage on his head, His suit, which was wrinkled and had blood stains on it and wondered what had happened.
He saw her and began to smile weakly..




Myself, my wife, Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil had managed to round up 22 charactor witnesses who would vouch for his charactor.. We brought up the fact that he had no priors and was an officer of the court as an attorney... We didn't know the specifics of his case, but we were certain he was no murderer and that this was a big mistake.


We were up against newly minted ADA Peter Smith aka Petey S. who argued that whether he was an attorney or a good person or not..he was accused of a serious crime, Murder in the First Degree , a capitol offense and should not be released on bail. He argued that Attorney Garland was a threat to the community.

Nothing could be further from the truth and


Judge Julie Wong set bail at $3000.00...

Ms. Yvette arrived in time to write a check for $300.00 and secure his release.


''Well I'll be damned...If that don't beat all."he snarled.

"Go back to that scene, get me more evidence then what you've presented." said Petey S.

"And what are you going to do? Go sniff your girlfriend's panties?" snarled Lt. Tragg..
"Yeah I am!  And I won't get slapped." said Petey S. , walking away laughing.
Lt. Tragg was furious. He stomped his foot and stormed out of the courthouse.


"Book yourself into another hotel, under your own name...Get a shower, Get some sleep and we'll talk tomorrow." said Ms. Yvette.
"Thanks Yvette." said Greg Garland..

Ms. Jade walked up to us..

"His urinalysis is complete...He had absolutely no alcohol in his system..he wasn't drinking and neither was Erika Crawley..Her system tested negative too..So somebody poured that gin on him, after he was knocked unconscious from behind...They wiped that gun down and placed it in his hands..That's my guess...I think Greg surprised the killer, who had just killed Erika and he knocked him out..poured a bottle of gin on him, wiped that gun down and placed it in his hands..Perfect frame up...The police haven't located the gin bottle either..Not in the apartment complex or the outside dumpsters.." said Jade.
"Damn. you're good!" said Kahlil.

"You gained all that information..in record time." said Sofia.

"That's why they pay me the big bucks."laughed Jade.

"Point taken" said Bee Bee laughing.
I laughed too!
"I wanna thank you guys for doing this...Go home, Get some sleep...I promise I'll make this up to you."said Ms. Yvette.
''We are here for you Ms. Yvette."said Bee Bee, hugging her.

''Yeah Ms. Yvette ." said Sofia.

"Of course.." I said.
''We'll  see you tomorrow." said Kahlil

"You going home? You can ride with me.." said Jade.
'Thanks Jade...I drove...I'll see you tomorrow ." said Ms. Yvette.

II-

Attorney Greg Garland booked another hotel room, using his real name as Yvette instructed and he took a nice hot shower....

He got in his bed and tried to sleep.... He couldn't believe Erika was dead!  He knew she was deep into something..he just couldn't imagine how deep...He finally fell asleep , he dreamed of his last night with her..


Erika's doorbell rang again..


''My God, Who is it now?" she asked. She opened the door only to see to her surprise, a man she thought she had left behind..


"Erika...what are you doing?" said Attorney Garland Green, who had moved to Atlanta...

His deep baritone was so sexy, she thought...It always got her aroused...

"Greg Garland...What are you doing here? How did you find me?" she asked.



"It wasn't hard...You're the same as you were in Atlanta...You never saw a Microphone or T.V. camera that doesn't have your name on it.. You're suing  friends of mine, A law school classmate of mine, Olivia Bennett-Alexander..

and you're going up against another friend and former classmate, Yvette Jones.." he said.


''She's an old bed buddy of yours too I understand..This Yvette person...Believe me, it's not personal, it's business. I don't know either of them personally and only met Olivia once..when I served her and her niece and her associate attorney. They soaked my father a few years ago..They have to pay. " said Ericka..


"You're full of shit...You can bullshit the public, but you can't bullshit me..Your daddy cut you off a few years ago...because of your gambling...You always having to call up here for money..I heard you were betting on the outcome of some of your cases. You could be disbarred for that...You really screwed the pooch on that McMillan case...Please tell me you didn't bet on the outcome of that?? Oh My God, How much are you into Tony for?" asked Greg Garland.


"Greg, the less you know...The better for you okay?...Just stay out of it..Go back to Atlanta..forget you knew me.."said Ericka.



"We were Bed buddies for awhile, weren't we..?" he whispered ,using his deep baritone voice..


He took her in his arms...She felt her legs , getting weak.


"Greg please don't do this." she whispered...


''What am I doing baby?" he said...


They were kissing passionately...
He unhooked her bra...slipped her sundress off and slipped her panties down... It seemed as if his trousers ,shirt and tie, suit jacket and socks and shoes just magically came off..She couldn't remember him undressing...She was so entranced..


A HALF HOUR later Greg had Ericka bent over the bathroom sink , while he plowed into her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDDD!!!" she moaned....

"OHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... OHHHHHHHHH  LAWDDDD!!!" he moaned...

"OHHHH MY GODDDDD, GREG!!! YOU'RE A BEAST!!!!" she exclaimed..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned.

They were rocking so hard the foundation of the sink was coming apart..



and within an HOUR they were on the living room floor..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   GREG...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed..

"DAMNNNNNNNN!!" he yelled... "I'VE BEEN MISSING THIS FOR TWO MONTHS! !!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" he screamed.. as she banged both of her fist on the floor...

GREG was near delirium.....

"OUUUUUUUUU I'M CUMMING!!" she yelled as her legs began to shake furiously and she moved her head from side to side...sweat and tears just flowing down her face..

Greg was sweating profusely...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned..

"ARE YOU ON SOMETHING? MY GOODNESSS..." she exclaimed..

She had been missing this for a month herself.....She met Greg at the Black Lawyers Association meting in Atlanta last year and wound up in his hotel room for a night..She was addicted to him sexually ever since then,,Greg unfortunately for him was in love with her.

They sat on the side of the bed and she moved up and down on him...kissing passionately.....

"OHHHHH GREG!!!  GREGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! OUUUUUUUUUU GREGGG!" she yelled out.

and finally made it to the bed...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GREG!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! MISTER GARLAND!!! OUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEE!" she squealed with delight..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEEET BABYYYYY!" he moaned..

They made passionate love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!   Ericka had had several orgasms and Greg came with wild abandon.....

"I'M ABOUT TO BLOW MY LOAD..OHHHHHHHHARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!" he yelled..


She cuddled up under him and he held her in his arms as they both drifted off into a peaceful sleep.


When she awoke in the morning.. He was gone..She could still smell his fresh fragrance that he had been wearing.. Her legs still shook , just thinking about what they had done the night before.

He wished he had stayed with her that night..

Now that beautiful sexy body lie on a metal slab at the Medical examiner's office..cut open for examination..Cold and Dead!  Dead!



III-

Yvette and Greg met for breakfast the next morning at a diner near the airport....Far away from prying ears..


They had a good old fashioned breakfast of Creamed Chip Beef. Has Browns , sausage, eggs and toast.

and hot coffee...


"My Father used to take me and my mom here when I was a little girl...I always loved the food and the roar of the planes taking off while we ate.." said Yvette..
Greg had showered , shaved and changed clothes...He looked like his old immacculate self again..He had gotten a good night's sleep too.  The good food and hot coffee made him feel like himself again.
He smiled at Yvette's memory while they ate...

"Vettie, I didn't kill her!! I swear to you I didn't... She was dead when I got there...The killer must have still been in her apartment..He slugged me from behind and poured gin all over me and placed that gun in my hands... I don't even drink gin...You know that...and I wasn't drinking at all that night."said Gary.
"I know you didn't kill her...I know you...You're no murderer and I know you don't drink gin from our years in college..You never liked Gin... I know that there was no alcohol found in your system at all from your Urinalysis...Likewise...from the initial autopsy...No alcohol was in Erika's system...So that Gin was just a prop...Part of the frame, just like the wiped down gun placed in your hand.."said Yvette.


''Erika didn't drink, didn't smoke...didn't get high...Her entire diet was organic....She ran everyday, worked out at the gym...She was a health nut." said Greg, shaking his head.
"You were in love with her weren't you?" asked Yvette... "They found a one way ticket to Los Angelas on you and $2500.00 in cash in an envelope..What was that?" asked Yvette.

"To answer your question...Yes, I suppose I was in love with her..We met at the Black Lawyers Association in Atlanta... I've been telling you and Olivia that you should go...It's a lot of fun..You make a lot of connections..Anyway...We'd been seeing each other off and on for six months..I discovered something about her...Something Bad Vettie...I said she didn't drink, smoke or get high...but she had one really bad vice.. Gambling...She bet on the horses a lot...and had been for two years....Her father would bail her out whenever she got too heavily in debt.. He was getting tired of it.. She was Atlanta's most successful litigator...All the big companies called her and she usually won and won big...So she was not without finances...But she couldn't stop gambling...Soon she bet on the outcomes of her trials." said Greg.


"SHE COULD HAVE BEEN DISBARRED FOR THAT!" said Yvette, shocked.


''Vettie, you don't think I told her that?  She knew that!! But she kept winning..Kept winning big and she attracted the attention of a very bad guy...A Mob associate named Tony, Tony Salerno..I told her he was bad news, but she wouldn't listen...She was deep into it now..And then came the McMillian Case..A big media event in Atlanta...She was supposed to win big...and she bet big and she lost the case...and was into this guy for a quarter of a million dollars...She fled Atlanta...Next thing I know..She was here in Philly and obsessed with Olivia and Beverly...Once her idols...Now she wanted to bring them down, recoup the money she felt they had soaked her father for, not realizing that they had done what HE asked them to do as far as settling with those women out of court, to keep it quiet...Not realizing he had raped Beverly and tried to rape Josie and Olivia.., his own lawyer...Before the trials...None of that had been made public..  The old man was furious...He told her to drop the law suits...but she wouldn't listen and went full speed ahead...and worse...She bet on the outcomes of all three trials and doubled up...She was in the hole for well over three million...She was very scared of somebody when she died..The last night of her life, she called me, told me to bring her airline tickets to anywhere and some money....That's why I was there Vettie...I had a one way ticket for her to L.A. and $2500.00 for spending change. Only when I drove up...The lights were off in her apartment and she didn't answer her phone.. I walked in and got clobbered.. I wake up...and Barney Fife (Lt. Tragg) is putting the cuffs on me and charging me with her murder." said Greg.

Yvette laughed..

"That's funny...Barney Fife...He's been called a lot of things, but that is the best.." she said, laughing.

''Well don't worry...Jade is already investigating...and with what we already have ,I have no doubt we'll
get you off.." said Yvette...
"Put your credit card away Vettie..I've got your breakfast.." said Greg.

"Awww thanks Greg." said Yvette.

He watched Yvette as she walked away...She was a sexy woman...He was a fool to have let her get away., he thought.

IV-


Greg Garland thought as he sat alone in the diner.. He always got involved with the wrong woman..Always the Wrong Woman... Vettie would have been the right woman...but she was married now..Too late for him... He smiled remembering when it wasn't too late.


YEARS AGO IN UNIVERSITY CITY IN A SMALL APARTMENT BUILDING!


''Ouuuuuuuuuuuu....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Oh my god Vettie Girl, you're driving me crazy..."moaned Greg Garland....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh work me , work me daddy, work me like a job...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, oh my goodness..." moaned Yvette...

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" he yelled.. ''She was riding him softly like a surfer rides the waves.




''Greg please!!! I have neighbors and the window is open...you want everybody to know we are up here doin the nasty?" said Yvette softly

"I don't care if the world knows how good you feel...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!It's not like they haven't heard people having good sex before...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" he moaned..

She laughed... ''Glad you're enjoying yourself..but I do care....I have to live here...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, lawd...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! but this is so...ouuuuuuuuuuu! So goooood! Ouuuu work me daddy!" she giggled..

The bed was squeaking out of control and the headboard was slamming up against the wall so hard, the paint and the plaster was coming off...
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Vette, I can't, I can't get enough...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lawwwd!" screamed Greg Garland..

"Ouuuuuuuuuu Greg, calm down...It's not that good.."said Yvette modestly...

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, the hell it aint.."he said..

She laughed...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Gregggggggggggggg!" she moaned...

She thought he was going to break her bed down..How would she explain that to Olivia? 

Olivia, her room-mate, her best friend who she loved like a sister...
Olivia had gone off to New York to model for the weekend and she, lonely  Yvette Jones 
had went out dancing

 and drinking and smoking weed with Greg Garland and one thing led to another and here they were in her bed in her and Olivia's small apartment , a few blocks from Penn's Campus where they were all law students...


 ''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." "Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."screamed Yvette

 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Vettie...Vettie girl ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."he screamed....

"Sock it to me Greg...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."she screamed.

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS had slipped by...Yvette had cum a few times already...She wondered when or if Greg was ever going to be through..

"LAWDDD  Vettie, what are you doing to meeeee?"he said...

"What am I doing to you? What are you doing to MEEEEEE?"she cooed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've wanted to do it to  you girl for the longest timel...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeeeet jesusssssssssss you are a demon in the bedddddddddd...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned.

"Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. GREG..ouuuuuu......OHHHHHHH." she wailed...

She positioned herself on top of him and began to ride him..That did the trick...

He could take no more...He came as hard as he ever did...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."he moaned loudly...

Yvette wanted him to get off of her...He was sweating profusely...



He had been hinting around for months that he was interested in her...She had laughed and ignored him...And here he was in her bed ,early Saturday morning after a boozy ,hazy night of drinking and smoking  and making love...

People walking by the window stopped...Then smiled sheepishly and kept going.....

Greg smiled at that memory....


But back at our office...We were two days removed from one big case and embroiled in another case... This was what we signed up for..

''So here is what we know so far..." said my wife Bee Bee. "Despite the fact that Gin was poured all over Greg's suit...to make it look like it was a drunken fight that got out of hand...No Alcohol of any type was found in his system or Erika's system...I have his urinalysis and her preliminary autopsy to bare me out on that." she said.
"People that knew her said she didn't drink , smoke or do any drugs...in fact, she was a health nut...Organic Diet, worked out at the GYm , ran a mile everyday.." said Kahlil..
"I need to do that soon....My butt is getting big...And don't you say anything papi." said Sofia, laughing.

"I'm just saying I have no complaints." laughed Kahlil..
"Of course you don't....Not Now anyway....Getting back to the subject at hand.. He had a one way ticket to Los Angelas and $2500.00 in cash on him when he came there." said Sofia.

"He had placed several calls to her that night...She didn't answer. I suspect, she may already have been dead..She did call him right after the trial...I'm thinking that ticket was for her as well as the money..That's why he came there in the first place.. But we'll need him to verify that." I said.

"Ms. Yvette is having breakfast with him as we speak and Ms. Jade is on the street." said Bee Bee.
"Are they coming in today?" I asked.


"Yeah, they're both coming in." said Bee Bee.

Ms. Yvette walked in just then..

"Hello Loves." she said as she walked in...

Ms. Jade walked in behind her...

"Heyyy guys." she said.


"Hail ,Hail, the gangs all here." I said.

"I did some digging...It appears Ms Erika was a compulsive gambler...She bet on the horses...She took some hefty losses...Daddy paid her losses off and then cut her off...Then she began betting on the outcomes of her cases....Since she was one of Atlanta's best litigators..She won big..and she lived big off of her winnings... Trips to London, Paris, Las Vegas, Los Angelas...She had a Yacht in Florida..Which she had to sell to cover some losses....and a private Jet , she also had to sell to cover some losses...Then came the big one..The McMillian case..She bet on the outcome of this..She lost the case..Her first loss in years...She was into the Mob for a cool quarter of a million dollars..She fled Atlanta and came to Philly last year and began working for her father's business as chief counsel...She then got this idea, this near obsession with taking Olivia and Beverly and their entire law firm down..and recouping all of the money her father lost, plus some....She bet on the outcome, She doubled down on the outcomes and lost all three cases...She was now in the hole for close to Three Million dollars." said Jade.

"WOWWW!" said Bee Bee..

"HOLY MOLY, Not to mention, she could have been disbarred for this, if it had gotten out." I said.


"That explains the one way ticket to Los Angelas....That was for her!!!" said Kahlil.
''So was the money.." said Sofia.
''This jibes with everything Greg told me this morning at Breakfast.. Neither one of them had any alcohol in their system....She didn't drink...So all that gin poured all over his suit, that was a frame...just like the wiped down gun placed in his hands...My guess is Greg walked in right after the murder took place and the killer was still there, in the dark...The killer slugged him and poured gin all over him and placed the gun in his hands." said Yvette.

''She was in her panties and bra..Had she recently had sex?" asked Sofia.

"The Autopsy doesn't show she had any sex.." said Bee Bee..


"The Police report notes that the shower was wet and still hot.. I think she was getting dressed, prepared to go.." said Kahlil.
''Yeah , this Greg Fellow was on his way..She was preparing to meet him and head to the airport...So who killed her?"I said.
''We may never know the answer to that...but the important thing is..We can get Greg off. with what we got." said Ms. Yvette.
''I plan to do some more digging."said Jade.

That Night-

Nightfall...It had been a very interesting couple of days, with the three trials and now the murder of Erika Crawley and Greg Garland being charged with her murder.

 

We were all at home...
Bee Bee was wearing a sheer see through Baby doll.....She had just taken a hot shower and walked into our bedroom..

My eyes popped out of my head..

She giggled..

"Oh my goddd..look at you...You act like you haven't seen me before......WOW!!! That boner is massive. wouuuuuuuuuu, look at you!!!!" she said and put her hands over her mouth.."Wouuuuuuuu look at that!" she said.
I pulled her towards me...Is this something you bought at Bridget's store the other day?" I asked.

"The Panties are...I had this baby doll.." she giggled..

I undressed and took her into my arms and kissed her softly....

"Ummmmmm, ouuuuuuuuuuuu you are so hard....Ouuuuuu, look at youuuu!" she exclaimed as she stroked me lightly...


We lie across the bed, kissing and practically slobbering over each other....

Soon we were making love passionately on top of the bed..Not thinking about recent events

The same was next door at Kahlil and Sofia's house..



Sofia and Kahlil were lying across the bed..


Kissing ,fondling and laughing..


before they too were making sweet love...



Gary and Ms. Yvette were way ahead of us..
They had been making sweet love since Ms. Yvette got home for the day...
They had skipped dinner and gone straight to the bedroom..

They had made love early into the morning hours....
Enjoying  their massive and new smart bed.. Yvette smiled..

The bed was sturdy and very very comfortable...It moved with their every move and was very comfortable and warm..It actually enhanced their lovemaking..




EIGHT TO NINE HOURS had passed by.

 Bee Bee and I were fast asleep in each others arms..

Sofia and Kahlil were in each others arms and still kissing, almost asleep.
As was Ms. Yvette and Gary, totally satisfied after a night of sweet lovemaking.




And our client, Attorney Greg Garland was sitting in his hotel room thinking..thinking about how it was always the wrong woman, always the wrong woman he got himself involved with.



(CONCLUSION NEXT)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties to the damn ceiling!

James Perkins said...

Lawd Have Mercy LMAO!