Thursday, July 29, 2021

Unwarranted Warrant




 I found Tassie Phillips, the girlfriend of the late William Lewis and brought her to our Office/Duplex.
"Nice place you got here." she said, looking around..She was an attractive and shapely woman.

"Nice of you to come." said Olivia.

"I didn't really have a choice. Your husband is uh quite persuasive." she said, looking at me and smiling.



I blushed a little bit.

"Yes , he is." laughed Olivia.
"Like the other attorney and private eye...You are interested in the money..Well I don't have it..I can tell you where it is...but I don't have a key or combonation.." said Tassie.
''What other attorney? and by Private eye, I take it you mean Lee Lyedecker.?" asked Beverly.

"The Attorney , Joseph Richards, out of Anchorage..


"He was your Uncle's Attorney at one time...Only that wife of his didn't trust him and your Uncle fired him...Manny then hired him and they tried to broker a partnership deal with your Uncle, but your Uncle turned them down..Then your Uncle shot Manny, leaving him for dead in a snow bluff and he and his wife fled..

Richards hired Lee Lydecker, a private investigator out of San Francisco to locate Robbie and Zelda..It took him a year, but he located them , here in Philly..Manny paid them both and we followed them here to Philly..

Manny threatened to tell the authorities about your Uncle Robbie nearly killing him in Alaska..He had proof..Robbie gave us two payments of 200 large.. Then The Attorney, Joseph Richards and Lee Lyedecker showed up.. They took the first 100k and split it amongst themselves.. But Manny hid the second payment in a safe deposit box downtown..I don't have a key or combonation or I'd of been long gone by now.." she said.


''Do you know where the safe deposit box is located?" asked Nelson.


''I do...but I don't understand.. Lee Lyedecker and that Attorney, Joseph Richards have been turning this city upside down looking for me..How did you find me?" she asked.

"They're from San-Francisco and they don't know Philly like I do and I'm a better investigator than Lyedecker... Did you know he lost his P.I. License months ago and he certainly doesn't have one here..?" I said.


"Oh woww, you are good.." she said, smiling at me..
''Do you have any idea who killed Manny or William, what is his real name?" asked Josie.


''I don't know.. I wouldn't put it past Lyedecker..He really wanted that money ,badly...but so did that Attorney...It could have been either one of them..I initially thought your uh Uncle killed Manny...He did try to do it once before..but maybe now..Maybe now it might have been someone else..." said Tassie.

''My husband is going to return you to your hiding place and your secret is safe with us..But We are going to require you to testify in court..."said Olivia.
''What is this now?" said a surprised Tassie Phillips.
Bresha presented a Subpeona...She placed it in her hands.

"This is a subpeona...a court summons..Failure to appear can possibly lead to a jail sentence." cautioned Bresha.

''You're next going to disclose to Donnie Ray where this Safe Deposit Box is..We intend to return my uncle's money to him." said Beverly.


"I don't have a key or combonation.." she said.

"That's not a problem." I said.

"My husband is verrrry persuasive." joked Olivia.
Josie smiled.



ONE HOUR LATER-

"Well here we are...I hope this works Donnie Ray." said Olivia.
"I've heard of those kinds of keys..but I always thought they were only fiction..the stuff of Movies and TV shows.." said Beverly.
''Yeah, Me too!" said Nelson.
"Really." said Josie.
"You think this will work?" asked Bresha,

"Professional Theives have all kind of devices..devices for breaking into cars, et al and keys like this one that will open Safe deposit boxes..Kevin has a man in his employ who lent me this.." I said.



I produced a key that opened the safe deposit box.



Inside was the briefcase


and it was filled with 100 Large in twenties, fifties and one hundred dollar bills..



''We can't keep this on our premises..For Legal reasons..and we can't give this to your Uncle, not just yet." I said.

"Kevin has a safe..Leave it with him." said Olivia.

"Yeah...good idea..because I have an idea , we'll be having another visitor before long." said Beverly.

We took the briefcase to Private Investigator ,Kevin Morris's place of work...Morris Communications and Investigations..

We went up to his office..

"Kevin as long as I've known you, this is the first time I've been to your office..It's beautiful..."said Olivia.
"Yes..back before we started our law firm, you used to visit Auntay at her old apartment..."said Beverly..
"I remember..Speaking of which, I heard somebody got shot in those apartments two days ago..."said Kevin.






Olivia, Beverly and Josie looked at each other and smiled and laughed that conspiratorial laugh of theirs..



"Thanks so much Kev, for Lockpick Johnson's Skeleton key and for storing this briefcase for us." I said.

"No problem guys...It'll be here when you need it back.. If I'm not here, Sean Jackson can access it for you."said Kevin Morris.
"Thanks a lot Kevin." said Nelson, who had used Kevin's services when he worked for Robert Foxworth and a few times after that, when working solo cases...He knew that I did all of the girl's cases exclusively.
"Need me to babysit anytime soon?" asked Josie, who had been his legal ward for a time after her father was murdered.
"I'll let you know and Ms. Bresha..when you stop interning and get set up at another firm...and you need an investigator..I'm your man."said Kevin..
"I'll remember that." said Bresha, who didn't want to think of the day when this internship ended, she was enjoying our cases.


''Well with that done...Let's all go and get some Breakfast/" said Nelson.


"Don't you mean Brunch?" said Kevin,laughing.

"He just knows he wants to eat."laughed his wife, Beverly....

II-


Assistant District Attorney April Taylor was laughing hysterically at Lt. Tragg at Sam Mother's Diner as they waited for their food..

"Ohhhhh Lieutenant, you are a card." laughed ADA April Taylor.
"It's not funny." he said. Beet red with embarrassment.

It had been two days since, using a tip from Private Investigator, Lee Lyedecker, he had led a raid into a sleazy motel near the edge of town and Wound up discovering the Mayor's wife and common pleas Judge Landon Hughes in a rather uncompromising position..Thankfully no media or social media knew of this, but everyone in The D.A.'s office knew about it and a lot of the cops knew about it.
No reprisals were made against Lt. Tragg, but he was persona no grada in the Deputy of Operations office as well as once again , the laughing stock of the police department..

He didn't notice us coming in and taking a booth...






Olivia,Myself  Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha were seated and we ordered breakfast...
An everything omelette for me..
Cheddar Omelettes for everyone else..
Sausages
Hash Browns
and coffee for everyone else..
Lt. Tragg saw us eating our breakfasts.. He was furious..

"I know they had something to do with this stunt...I know it!" he said.

"You can't prove that...They didn't tell you to go to either of those places and they're not even on the call...You got your information from a disgraced ex-Private Investigator..Who only led you to where Robert Bennett and his wife were alleged to be..He didn't bother to tell you that he was headed for where that girl, Tassie Phillips was alleged to be living.. That's who we really needed to talk to.. He went to the wrong residence also and got himself shot in the butt...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" she laughed hysterically...

"I thought he was on the up." said Lt. Tragg.
"His license was suspended six months ago out in California.  Ask yourself what his interest is in all this?" asked ADA April Taylor, who continued to laugh.. Up until now, she had allowed Lt. Tragg to rub her legs and snake his hand back up her skirt... Now she once again politely removed his hands...

"Alright Handsy, enough.." she said and giggled.

They had only made love once, three nights ago...

"Let's go back to your place..." he asked.

"You are a horn dog...I'd love to, but I've got to get back to work." she said.

She paid for both of their meals...and got up..

"Try not to get into any more trouble..The Preliminary hearing is in two days." she said and she walked out of the diner..


We had him over a barrell, Anything he said to us about what had transpired two days ago would tip his hat that he had been relying on an illegal wiretap, violating attorney -client privacy and working with a disgraced ,unlicensed Private investigator. He would lose either way...So for once, he walked out of the diner without bothering us...without saying a word.
"That's one for the books...He didn't say a word to us." said Beverly..

"That's because he can't.." said Olivia....

"I would have been surprised if he did." I said.

"Wonder how old Lydecker is doin in the hospital?? They should be releasing him soon."said Nelson.

"I imagine he won't be sitting down for awhile."said Josie.

"OUCH!" said Bresha..

We all roared with laughter..


We returned to our Duplex/Office and found a white man sitting in the front office..


He smiled upon seeing us..


"Liv, This man insisted on waiting for you guys to return..I told him you guys were out and that I did not know when you were returning ." said Alfreda.



"That's alright Alfreda, he can join us in the conference room." said Olivia.

We all walked into the conference room and sat down..
I knew who this guy was, He was San Francisco Attorney, Joseph Richards, the unseen player in this little drama. I had told everybody to expect a visit from him.




Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha sat down... I had a feeling , he knew who they were and knew all about them..

"Good Afternoon Mrs. Bennett-Alexander and Associates. I am an Attorney, Joseph Richards out of San -Francisco...I won't waste your time ,I'll get right down to cases.. You have in your possession something that is mine..Something I want back." he said.

"Really? And what pray tell is that?" asked Olivia.

''A briefcase containing 100 thousand dollars..I know you have it and I would like it.. No questions asked." he said.
''What makes you think we have something like that?" asked Beverly.
"LET'S STOP PLAYING....YOU HAVE MY MONEY AND I WANT IT!" he said raising his voice.
"HEYYY, WHO ARE YOU GETTING LOUD WITH?? GET OUT OF HERE!" yelled Nelson, fiercely as protective of Olivia and Beverly as I am.

"You've made a serious allegation sir..Yet you haven't answered one of our questions...Like how are you sure that we have what you're looking for and do you have proof that we have it?" I said. 

I sensed that he had tossed the dead William Lewis/Manny Siwel's apartment and found the safe deposit key and had gone to the Safe deposit box only to figure the money was gone..He didn't know where Robert and Zelda were or Tassie and so by process of elimination he figured Robert's attorneys , who just happened to be relatives of his ,had the money.



''Alright...I see this is getting me nowhere..Perhaps you'll be more co-operative with the District Attorney's Office. Good Afternoon." he said.

"THIS WAY!" said Alfreda , showing him the door..


"You think he was bluffing...About Going to the District Attorney's Office?" asked Bresha.


"He doesn't look like the bluffing type." said Josie.

"He'll be back...You can bet on it." I said.


III-

SIX POLICE CARS SHOWED UP IN FRONT OF OUR OFFICE DUPLEX

THREE UNMARKED POLICE CARS showed up also..

We expected this..


Alfreda looked shook...

"Wh -What is this?" she asked..


"Tell Olivia ,I'm sorry...but I have a warrant to search this entire premises for something that this man says may be key to this entire investigation and court case."said Assistant District Attorney April Taylor..


Attorney Joseph Richards thought he was calling our bluff..

Lt. Tragg ,eager for some revenge stood at the ready...

"Okay boys..We are looking for a Black leather briefcase, with a lot of cash in it..Take this place apart, piece by piece." he said, snarling..

The Tactical squad surged inside behind him..



Josie and Alfreda led the through our office and conference room..

Our electronics room

and our law library...


"I gotta hand it to ya Liv, this is some set up you guys have here." said Lt. Tragg, genuinely impressed with what he saw..

They opened up our vaults and looked in our files..


Olivia said nothing..She was livid and it showed...

Beverly and Nelson led them all upstairs to their floor..


Where they looked around and found nothing..



Olivia and I led them a floor above to our residence.


where they looked around and found nothing..


Bresha , who usually said nothing said to Lt. Tragg...

"Goose eggs, story of your life this week huh?" she said.



Lt. Tragg was beet red....



ADA  April Taylor laughed her head off..

"Olivia, I am so sorry for this.." she said and she made the Tactical squad put everything back into order.

This took roughly an hour and a half..   Then she dismissed them..Some of them had been on the raid with Lt. Tragg two days before.. Those that weren't genuinely pissed were snickering as one by one, they filed out and left.


Lt. Tragg, furious at being the butt of the joke and failing once again, stormed out..


Attorney Joseph Richards had called our bluff and we had called his too.. The money he was so sure we had was not on the premises...He reasoned we had hid it in another Safe deposit box.


Part of him was actually glad that the cops hadn't found anything.. His attempt to scare and intimidate us had failed.  He couldn't wait for Lyedecker to get out of the hospital..He was going to put him on us around the clock...Or so he thought..

""Hold up Fat Boy...I got something for ya." said Nelson.. "This is a cease and desist order..,It means if we catch you anywhere near our establishment, you're toast... Oh and my associate Bresha.

delivered one to Mr. Lyedecker at the hospital this morning..



This is also for you...It's called a subpeona.. For you...Bedtime reading counselor... We gave one to Mr. Lyedecker this morning too..We'll see you both in court." said Nelson..

He was as red as a beet and so angry he stomped his foot and stormed off..

''Don't go away mad..Just go away." laughed Beverly.
"He certainly didn't intend on all of this happening." I said.
"No He didn't...He should have kept his fat ass in the Marriot." said Olivia.




With Olivia, Beverly, Josie and Alfreda , We stood out front, howling with laughter..

''We could have used both of them as witnesses, Instead Olivia and Beverly outplayed us and forced us to show our hand.. Just what type of charactors are you in bed with ?" asked April Taylor.
Lt. Tragg was as red as a beet..


They both got in the unmarked police car and pulled off..

He pulled off in his unmarked police car... Three of the four hub caps came off as the car roared down the street... The car had to stop and one of the uniformed officers had to get out and chase the hub caps down, and get back in the car with them, before the car took off again..This time, the fourth hubcap came off...Another officer had to run and chase that one.. This brought guffaws of laughter from all of us...

ADA April Taylor was in the car,laughing hysterically, tears were streaming down her face..


Lt. Tragg was embarrassed beyond measure...He was as red as a beet...We hadn't even gotten to court yet and this case was already proving to be a huge disaster.

Nightfall...I told Nelson to expect Good sex tonight.. Both Olivia and Beverly were livid that Attorney Joseph Richards had brought the police on a search and destroy mission of our home.. We expected him to come back with maybe a cop or two, but not this. When they were angry like this..The lovemaking was more passionate..
Olivia was both Horny and angry, I suspect..

''Donnie Ray, get over here and get out of your clothes.." she said..She was standing by the window in the kitchen ,looking out at the moon. She said it non-chalantly...

"With Pleasure." I said ,practically salivating...

I eagerly unhooked her bra , and slid her panties down...



I pulled her to me and dropped my trousers...Hiked her babydoll up and bent her over the sink..


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" she moaned as I entered her.. "You've been wanting to do this all day haven't you?" she said.

"Yesssssssss!" I moaned as we went at it hard for about  AN HOUR!

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" I moaned...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  I CAN TELL...OUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! The nerve of that fat ,pompous jerk,Joseph Richards,  bringing the ADA and the police here.. Lt. Tragg just loved it..just knew he was going to get one up on us..Well he didn't.. Neither of them did!" she cooed softly..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSS!" I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU I DON'T USUALLY GET MAD LIKE THIS!" said Olivia.  "UMMMMMMM
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she hollered..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!" I moaned.

I was near delerium!



"YES.....YES....YESSSSSSS..OHHH YESSSSSS! GIVE IT TO ME!!! YESSSSS , GIVE IT TO ME STRONG!!" Olivia demanded as we wound up on the living room floor for  TWO HOURS....really going at it...I did my best to oblige her..


I lifted her petite body up and began long stroking her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....UMMMMMMM...OHHHHH DONNIE RAYYYY...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" she moaned..gasping for breath... Another TWO HOURS passed by..This was the ride of my life...I didn't know if I was coming or going..She was still so soft, so wet, smelled so good...Kissed me soooo softly....

I put her down, she leaned into me..We had stopped to catch our breath...

"WOW!! You were really horny Donnie Ray!" she laughed..

She took me by the hand and led me  into our bedroom where we undressed..

We sat on the side of the bed, kissing, while she moved up and down on me..

"Ummmmmmmmmm you feel so gooood!" she exclaimed in between butter soft kisses..

"OOOOOOHHHHHHH, SO DO YOUU!" I moaned.
and then for the next EIGHT TO NINE  HOURS, we were in bed ,making slow, sweet love..


Downstairs, Nelson and Beverly
were on the couch kissing until they couldn't stand it anymore...
Clothing came off, Boxers, Panties and Bras came off.


 and he lifted her petite body up and long stroked her in the corner...Beverly's loud howls of pleasure resonated outside the window.. She admired Nelson's stamina.. He held her up like that for THREE HOURS!

"OUUUUUUUUUUU!   YESSSSSSSSSS, YESSSSSSSS OUUUUUUUU HUSBAND, DO IT TO ME!!" she yelled.

"OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!   OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, OHHHHH MY GODDDD!" exclaimed Nelson..

Beverly was soft and wet and smelled good....She kissed him slowly with butter soft kisses...He was close to exploding..


Their soft sweet moans could be heard if you stood close to the window..So could Olivia and I.


Nelson was going to town...He had Beverly on the living room floor..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" cooed Beverly loudly...ANOTHER TWO HOURS passed by,,

Beverly had Nelson hollering too!

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUU...LAWDDDDDD!"

She was riding him! slowly, softly like a surfer rides the waves on their couch...


They never made it to their bedroom , they wound up making slow and sweet love on their living room couch for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS....
Beverly was riding him.. and kissing him slowly...

" Baby we may have to get a new couch or get this one fumigated.. We've been doin the complete nasty on this couch a lot.. a whole lot.." she said..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I knowwwww.. ouuuuuuuuuu I knowww.." he said..

She continued to ride him slowly...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!" she yelled to the top of her lungs.


We were all glad tomorrow was a free day and that we didn't have to go to court for another day.


IV-

SAM MOTHER'S DINER- THE NEXT MORNING!


Olivia was angry...And she wanted to defy Lt. Tragg outright.. We came in and sat at a big table, right in the middle of the diner and proceeded to order...

"Well folks..We are ready for trial.." said Olivia.
"Yup..and hopefully we can win this in the preliminary hearing." I said.
"I certainly would like to do that. I've finished up all of my other cases."said Beverly.
"I have too...I'd love to end this one quick." said Nelson.
"Yeah me too!" said Josie.
"You won't believe this, but this case has been fun.." said the usually cheery Bresha.



Olivia and Beverly looked at Bresha and smiled..



Nelson and I looked at each other knowingly..


We had both had great nights with our girls..


Josie smiled..

"Here comes our food.." she said.




We had Pancakes and Sausage, Coffees and Orange Juice.


Lt. Tragg walked in just as our food was being served... He was as red as a beet, good and embarrassed from yesterday's failed raid..Still smarting from raiding the motel with the Mayor's wife and convinced now that we knew about the cloned phone and his informant from day two at least and had purposely lead him into those embarrassing situations...Plus he was furious at that shyster lawyer

 for leading him and his men on yet another wild and fruitless goose chase..He'd be getting a bill from the city. He was lucky he wasn't being brought up on charges of filing a false report.

He was done with that P.I. Lyedecker too!


He had caused him major embarrassment and had wound up getting himself shot in the ass with his last two tips.. Plus he didn't even have a license...He had a good mind to run him in, but the guy had enough problems..being in the hospital and all..half of his butt cheek shot off!



He stared at us all sitting at a big table , eating breakfast, laughing and talking and shrugged his shoulders, sighing deeply..







He walked over to the counter without saying a word to us..


"My usual Sam." he said.. He looked defeated..The wind knocked out of his sails..

"Comin Up Artie." said Sam Mother.
Two Fried Eggs
Hash Browns 

Sausages



and coffee came right up..


While on the other side of Town in an apartment complex..


CSI and Forensic specialists are snapping photos of a young woman...

''It smells like a saloon in here..No signs of trauma to the body..."said one man..
"Here is a bottle of pills, Barbituates..Only one pill is in the bottle." said Hazel..

"Pills and alcohol is a deadly mix." said Dr. Marcy Templeton.. " Body temp says she's been dead at least 24 hours..and this heat isn't helping..Rigor has set in.." she added.

Her drivers license says her name is Tassie Phillips, She's from San-Francisco." said one of the two Homicide Detectives.

"She's a long way from home." said the other one.


Both Hazel and Marcy were ecstatic that Lt. Tragg wasn't working this case..



"Okay,let's get her out of here." said one of the detectives.


as the body of Tassie Phillips was put in a white body bag, strapped to a gurney and rolled out.. She was one of our witnesses , who would not be testifying.

(CONCLUSION NEXT)

No comments: