Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Clothilde

She didn't look at all like what I would have expected. Clothilde Childs was about 49 or 50 and was a very nice looking woman. There was no way to my mind that she was the "girlfriend" of crazy Dr. Seward Fox.

She came to the door and she saw Lieutenant Sissy Van Buren, Detective Kyle Rollis, two uniformed Philadelphia Policemen, Sepia and myself and she just sighed in resignation of her fate.

"You've found me....I figured you would sooner or later." She said.

"Excuse of mam, we are here to ask your uh ah boyfriend a few questions." said Detective Rollins.

"He's not my boyfriend...He's my father and he can't talk to you....I'm the one you want." she said.

"The one we want for what?" asked Sissy Van Buren.

"I killed Ray Fox...He's my half brother.....Isn't that why you're here?" she asked.

"Mam...I'd strongly advise you not to say another word until a lawyer is present...you have that right." said Sissy Van Buren.

"Sissy, What are you doing? She just confessed to a murder, she just cleared one of your cases" said Kyle Rollins.

"Yes and if she isn't told of her rights...everything she just said can be tossed out the window." I added.

Sissy Van Buren smiled and looked at Kyle wryly....

"You know...Kevin is right....and he's not a cop nor a lawyer....How come you didn't know that Kyle...How long you been on the force?"

Clothilde looked at us and waved her hand......

"I know my rights....and I'm tired of all of this....we've held it back for far too long..this ugliness..
Ray lived in the room over my Father's chamber....It was a little room off to the side in his basement...When we were children, we were never allowed to go in that room...He kept it locked.
He used to come to Philly and pick up Prostitutes and do all kinds of horrible things to them...experiments...he called them...Ray used to hear the screams of the women...We never knew just what was going on...but we could never forget the screams...Then one day Ray told me he found a wallet with photos of that girl......Betty Long..whose murder was never solved and then we knew..We knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Papa had kidnapped her or lured her to East Orange and murdered her...then brought her back here and left her in a ditch...." she said as she began to weep.

"Clothilde...Did Ray tell you this?" asked Sissy.

"Yes...he showed me the room...One day Papa left the lock off and he showed me the surgical tools..The S&M devices...the sinks where he washed the blood...everything....That's why Ray flunked out of medical school, why he was a drunk...He just couldn't deal with finding out who Papa really was and what he did..." She said.

"Clothilde...Why did you kill Ray?" I asked.

"I've been taking care of my father for the past two years...He has dementia..He doesn't even talk....Ray called me and told me that he couldn't keep this thing, this ugliness that Papa did a secret...that he was going to the newspapers and the police. I told him that I needed to talk to him first. I went to his apartment twice and both times I spiked his liquor with cyanide....I hated to do it...but I couldn't allow Ray to put this out in the street...Papa couldn't survive in prison...
not in the state he's in..." she said crying.

"That's enough for me......Okay guys, cuff her." said Sissy Van Buren as the two policemen handcuffed her.

As she walked out, I asked her one last question...

"Clothilde..Where is your father?"

She looked at me and then pointed to a room in the back...

"He's in there..." she said.

"Clothilde, do you have any idea where the remains of the other two girls are?" asked Kyle Rollins.

"No, that was a long time ago.." she said.

We walked to the back room hoping to see an emaciated old man ,instead we saw nothing...I heard a car ignition starting....and looked out the window...I saw the shadow of a man in an old
1973 Rambler pulling off .......It was Dr. Seward Fox!!!! He wasn't in a state of Dementia after all,
This was some trick.

I ran back to the front...

"Heyyy...He's on the move...there's nothing wrong with him...She's been playing us...He just pulled off..." I screamed..

'What?" said Sissy Van Buren...

We looked at Clothilde....She looked at us and burst into a maniacal laugh.....

"You may have me...but you'll never take my daddy...ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..."


(Conclusion Next!!!!!!!!!)

15 comments:

Solomon said...

This caper gets crazier by the minute Keith.

I wonder if Clothilde really killed Ray or if she is just trying to cover for the old man?

James Perkins said...

Scary Woman, Scary Old Man, Scary Story!!

Simon Bastion said...

What a crazy crazy story... I am not sure what is going on here.

Sunflower said...

This is insane..Is Clothilde really his daughter?? His girlfriend or what???

Captain Jack said...

Clothilde is scary and Seward Fox is scarier!

Lisa said...

I think Clothilde is as crazy as a bed bug...and so is her daddy.

Vanessa said...

All I can say is I can't wait to see how this ends up.

Halo said...

I'm speechless..I thought this story was over and then you have the old man escape out the back door...I should have known.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I think The Old Man killed Ray and the girls and Clothilde is his girlfriend..not his daughter. Just my take on it.

Swaggie said...

Off The chains Keith..I didn't expect that ending.

Tate2 said...

Crazy story Keith..Just plain Crazy!!!lololol.

Angie B. said...

Keith- What The Hell?? Lolololol-Just when I thought the case was wrapped up...you throw a monkey wrench in there at the end that throws the entire case into overdrive. I just have to see the ending.

Toni said...

This one is out there Keith, but as usual ,I'm going to ride with you.

Sean said...

This is a wild story Keith, but I trust you and I can't wait the finale.

Jazzy said...

You Wild fam...You got some imagination!!