Monday, March 16, 2009

A Fatal Undertaking


I was with Lt. Sissy Van Buren when they pulled the Escalade out of the garage....It had been there for months and you could see how somebody had tried to scrub it and had even done a bad job of trying to repaint it.. The Detectives used luminol and discovered huge amounts of blood splatter evidence....They began DNA tests immediately....They determined that Tanginika Jones
had indeed died in the car...but not one fingerprint was found belonging to Lennie Hughes. The
Escalade however was in a garage owned by him.

The Crowbar on the other hand had Tanginika's blood and brain matter and several of Lennie's latent fingerprints..This was enough for a warrant to go out for his arrest. I asked Lt. Van Buren for a favor.

"Look...he snookered me and really laughed in my face...Could I go up to his door or wherever he is and holler at him before you guys put the cuffs on him?" I laughed.

"You're asking a lot and we really want to get him in custody....but, I owe you a favor Kevin...so
here it is.. This will make us even won't it?" She said.

"Well, sorta kinda ." I said with a shrug.

Lennie it turned out was in front of Josie's and was really in no mood to talk to me...He was doing what he did best....getting rough with a young lady...As I walked up on him he had just smacked the hell out a young woman who couldn't have been any more than twenty years old...She was crying and holding her face.

"Look Trick, don't be goin in mah phone and don't you dare question me about who I
see...do you understand me...??" said Lennie.

"Well,Well,Well...you know...they always said that you was the soul of romance..and here
I see you are at it again...being romantic huh?" I said.

"Ohhhh,it's you...the would be crime bustin blogger and reporter......I see you took my
advice and married that girl huh? I aint mad at you playa..but me!! I aint the marryin
type myself." he grinned.

"Oh well, you aren't going to have to worry about marriage anyway, not where you're going?"
I laughed.

"What you talkin bout , where I'm going? I aint goin nowhere? " he snarled.

"You're going to jail for what you did to that young girl." I said.

"Prove it...you got nothin.." he laughed.

Just then....Three Detectives began walking towards him...startled he attempted to run...but two
more Detectives grabbed him and read him his rights while handcuffing him...

I looked at him and smiled... He looked at me with a white hot anger....

"You got nothin....nothin...I'll be out of jail before you can write about this on your blackberry
you chump...just watch and see." he snarled.

I looked at him and smiled....then I made a phone call.

Of course Lennie was right....As soon as he was booked, he made bail...and without anyone willing to testify, it didn't look like they had much of a case against him...His fingerprints weren't on the Escalade and his Lawyer was going to argue that jealous unidentified women had set him up and that they had every reason to try and frame him.. Of course this was crap, but as long as
they didn't testify...he could possibly beat the charge.

Cock Robbins, Sean Jackson, Conrad, Paris, Blake, Gus, Clerow , Deacon Larry Weatherford and I all stood in the courtroom as he made bail and walked out...He strolled out arrogantly and stopped by me. He looked me in the eye and said-

"When I beat this case...and I will..I'm gone come and see you nigga..believe that!"

"No, Lennie...You're done...so I'm gonna say goodbye to you now." I said.

He looked at me like I was crazy and walked out of the courtroom..

A Man about six feet three walked over to him, while another man who was even larger grabbed
him in the collar and slung him into a big black hearse. I saw a rope being administered to Lennie's neck and I saw him struggling...yelling and screaming ,while the big man squeezed the
rope tighter....Within the crowd and the noise..nobody saw or heard what I was witnessing..because I was the only one who knew who these men were. One was Ernest Jones...
Tanginika's Father and the other man, the bigger man with the rope who was choking Lennie in the car was Tanginika's older brother...Terrence Jones.. I noticed that Lennie was no longer moving. The Father got in the car on the passenger side with another man who I did not know who was driving. They pulled off.

That was the last that anybody ever saw of Lennie Hughes....The Police are still looking for him to this day...I doubt that they'll ever find him.. Today, at the bottom of the Scyhukill River, Lennie Hughes's bones gently shift with the moving waters and the stirring of the silt..

I remember how badly Tangi's Father and her brother grieved at the funeral and how they begged for just five minutes with her killer. I called them and told them that the killer was in custody...Now whatever they did after Lennie got out...is well, up for conjecture...I didn't feel the
least bit guilty about it and in fact..I have never slept so peaceful in my life...Knowing that that peice of human excrement is off the streets and will never beat or kill another young girl.

Oh...and did I mention....Tangi's Father and Brother are undertakers! Imagine that, huh?


For SLC

20 comments:

SLC said...

Justice. Chris Thompson style.
You know, I'd like to know a little bit more about this Lt, Van Buren.

Thanks and see ya right here in 24 hours.

SLC

Solomon said...

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy {wink}. Loved how this caper ended Keith. It's the ones that think they are above the law that make me sick to my stomach.

Well Lennie, if you're above the law, then maybe the law don't need to be involved in these matters.

Anonymous said...

Kevin Got his Man...Well Kinda sorta!lolololol!

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Anonymous said...

Lennie Sleeps with the fishes!
Literally!!lolololol.

Anonymous said...

So glad that this Lennie charactor got the justice he deserved.

Anonymous said...

Lennie sleeps with the catfish.lolololololol.

Anonymous said...

Nice !!

Anonymous said...

Boo-YaaaaaHHHH ,Kevin got him one way or the other!

Anonymous said...

Justice was served on Lennie...but I'd of rather of seen him go to jail. He'd of really been handled
there!

Anonymous said...

Bittersweat Ending, but a good one just the same.

Anonymous said...

Chris Thompson couldn't have handled this better.Nice ending Keith..That was gangsta.

Anonymous said...

Nice ending..Did Kevin call her father and brother? Sly devil.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy..Loved This ending.

Anonymous said...

This ending was gangsta Keith..I loved this.

Anonymous said...

That was a gangsta ending...Now can we try a little tenderness.

Keith said...

@SLC- Funny you'd ask about the good Lt. She is featured prominently in my next installment.
You've either been reading my mind or found a way to hack into my drafts.-lololololol..

Anonymous said...

Will she be having sex?

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous really needs to go to "sex addicts anonymous" or something.-lolololol.