Wednesday, November 29, 2017

An Itch To Be Scratched

Detectives Sirena Pile and Tony Hopkins sat outside of the Apartment Building owned by Bonnie Jourgeson.

"Thanks for coming with us Lotta....Boss Lady took you off the case...but we still appreciate your help on this.."said Sirena...

"Yeah...We feel so bad about this..."said Hop..

"It's okay....I want you to close this case...That's all ,So that Lt. Tragg can get off of Boss Lady's case...." said Carlotta...

"Here comes our back up... You're staying in the car Lotta??"asked Sirena..

''Si...You're the Primary Detective Pile....I'm just observing my fellow Detectives do their duty..."said Carlotta.

Sirena and Hop both smiled and got out of the car....They took two of the three uniformed officers inside with them....

Carlotta and one uniformed officer stood outside...
They were here because one of Bonnie Jourgeson's friends told them that Bonnie was seeing a guy...She didn't know his name, but she gave them a good description of him... After her murder , he had been acting funny the woman said and had asked her if she had a key to her apartment..He had to get something of his out of there...

The woman had a key, but she didn't tell him that....

A Plain Clothes guy they had watching the apartment coplex had called them and told them that a man matching the description of their suspect had entered the apartment...
Sirena and one uniformed policeman and the plain clothes cop entered from the front...They had their glocks drawn...

They eased down the hall silently...

Hop and the remaining uniformed policeman  entered from the back....They silently eased down the hall...

They could see the crime scene tape had been cut and the door had been opened..
Hop nodded and kicked the door in!!!

Sirena, two uniformed cops and the plain clothes cop followed with guns drawn...

There was a man in the room with a bandana on and a white panama hat...He was startled to see us...

He immediately got down on his knees and put his hands behind his neck...

He'd been arrested before!!!

"Guys....Guys...This isn't wasn't it looks like !" he said..

"Really? Because this is exactly what it looks like to me..."said Sirena, smiling sweetly...

''Anybody ever tell you ,you have a sexy grin detective..?" he said, smiling..
"Yes...My husband tells me that every night.." said Sirena...

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" asked Hop...

''If I tell you...You're not going to like it..."said the man..
''Make me like it!"said Hop..

"My Name is Chico...Chico Jimenez.....I was uh , seeing Bonnie ,for the past year.....I left some things here...things that uh might incriminate me....Wait!  That didn't sound right.." he said.

"No it didn't.."said Sirena...

"I didn't kill her...but I've been sleeping with her ever since she moved in here..." he said.

"You do know she was married?" asked Hop...

"I do....She told me she was separated from her husband and she was planning to divorce him.. But she also broke it off with me too...She was seeing another guy...." he said..

''Who was the other guy?"asked Sirena..

"Never saw him, but it was pretty serious...." said Chico..

''So why were you here?"asked Sirena...

"This guy....He wasn't always available...Some nights she'd get lonely...."said Chico...

"And she'd call you of course?" said Hop..

"Yeah,I was here  two nights before ...We had sex.....It was common....Even though we had broken up...She'd call me from time to time....I got tired of being used.....But The sex was off the chain...I couldn't say no to her.." said Chico..
"This other man in her life....He know about you and her?" asked Sirena...

"I don't know....I really didn't care...She was an itch I had to scratch...but I certainly knew about him.... I didn't have a name...but she did say he was an ex-cop...One of her husband's former co-workers....Imagine that, huh?" said Chico...

'So what did you come back here for? The loaded condoms??You had to know we'd take those..."said Hop..

"I left clothes here....and my fingerprints are all over this place...."said Chico...

"Oh we'll probably determine that.....Hook him up boys , read him his rights..."said Sirena..

''Awwwwwwwwwwwwww you guys aint right....You're arresting me? I didn't kill her...I wouldn't...I  enjoyed having sex with her....I had no reason....I knew about her other guy and I didn't care..."said Chico..

"You couldn't say no right? I know...She was an Itch To Be Scratched" said Hop as he, Sirena, A plain clothes cop and two uniformed officers joined another uniform officer and Carlotta in the street..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu look what you guys snagged..."said Carlotta.

''He was trying to clean up his fingerprints and take some of his clothes back that he left over here.."said Hop...

"Too late!" said Carlotta..

''Am I too late for you mamasita?" he asked, smiling from ear to ear..
"I'm afraid I'm taken handsome..." said Carlotta,laughing..

''All the fine ones are.."said Chico..

Unknown to them....Officer Lou Jourgeson stood down the street...drinking coffee..watching them bring Chico Jimenez out in handcuffs..

He smiled slyly....

II-
I sat in Sissy's office, drinking coffee...

''Who was that on the phone?" I asked.
''That was Sirena...She and Hop followed up on Carlotta's tip....and they hit pay dirt...They caught a guy rumaging through our crime scene, trying to erase his fingerprints and trying to recover his clothing...Which we have already impounded.."said Sissy...
"Maybe Carlotta shouldn't have gone...You know with Tragg and the Deputy of Operations looking at you and all." I said..

It had been Carlotta's tip....She hadn't officially been working the case...but she had been friendly with a few neighborhood women who gave her the scoop on Bonnie Jourgeson's double life..Carlotta had been told that there were two men sharing her bed...

Carlotta also checked public records and found divorce papers being drawn up, which was contrary to the story Lou Jourgeson had told us about them getting back together...
"Chica and another officer stayed outside...Sirena, Hop, A Plain clothes officer and two uniforms made the pick up...But, I 'm glad Tragg wasn't there...He'd of made a big thing out of her even being there....I felt as though she should at least be there...It was her information that steered Sirena and Hop in this direction.."said Sissy...

 Duke, Angie, Hazel and Tyriq walked in just then...

 ''We got a hit on those fingerprints..."said Duke.
 ''Boy did we..."said Angie..
 "Just as I said the other day....The DNA we got from the semen in the loaded condoms in the trash can and off of the clothes and the fingerprints lead to two men...."said Hazel..
"Chico Jimenez....a small time hood, sometime drug dealer with a sheet.....And Harry Gold...."said Tyriq...

''Sirena and Hop are bringing in Chico Jimenez as we speak...They caught him in the apartment...trying to wipe his fingerprints and looking for his clothes.."said Sissy...
"This Harry Gold fella....I know him...He was a cop.....I busted him when I was in Internal Affairs..
Possession of controlled substances with intent to distribute...He was kicked off the force and he did a year in state prison...He kind of went off the grid after that.."said Angie..
"Nice....Two suspects..."I said..
 "Hey Guys we are back and look what we found.."said Sirena..
 "This is Chico Jimenez...One time drug dealer, sometime pimp ,sometime lover and number one suspect in our homicide.."said Hop..
 "He's quite a guy.."said Carlotta...
"I may be all of those things...But I aint no killer...I swear..." he said..

"You guys read him his rights?" asked Sissy...

''We did!" said Carlotta..
''Read them to him again....Get him to sign a disclosure form...You willing to take a lie detector test?" said Sissy..
He sat in the interrogation room...

"I'll do anything for you sweetness..." he said to Sissy, checking her out from top to bottom....

''We have your prints and your DNA as well as your clothing and a toothbrush at the scene.."said Hazel..
"Like I told the Detectives...I was there...I was there a lot... Me and uh Mrs. Jourgeson were lovers...I've been seeing her off and on for close to a year...We met in a club...Stoleys....and we kind of clicked...but I swear...I didn't kill her...I hadn't seen her for two days ...." he said.

III-
Two hours later...
Sharon walked into the rooms with the results from his lie detector test....
"Where have you been all my life? Lawdddddddddddd!" he said..

"Everywhere you haven't been....Siss, his test results show he was telling the truth....Plus..."said Sharon..

"This knucklehead failed to tell us he was in jail for the past two days...."said Duke glaring at him..
"He's not our guy.." he said..

"If I told you I was in jail...that would have made me look worse." he said..shrugging..








Sirena ,Hop, Carlotta,Tyriq, Duke, Angie ,Sissy and I all gave him the serious side eye...

"Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy...maybe not!" he said..


Hazel and Sharon busted out laughing....

Sissy smiled..

"Get out of here....The officer downstairs will take you wherever you want to go." she said.

IV-
Jimmy and Lou Jourgeson sat in the bar....

"I saw Tony and His partner....Sirena this morning....They took a door and came out with a suspect in bracelets..." said Lou...

"What are you doin Lou?  Are you following the cops?" asked Jimmy..
They quaffed down more beers...


"Just Observing...is all....I know you're off the case....



but Uh I saw Carlotta there....."he said..

Jimmy said nothing...

"She didn't go inside...She sat downstairs, outside with a uniform.... Tony Hopkins and his partner, Sirena Pile...

went inside with a plain clothes guy and two uniforms....They brought the guy out....." said Lou...

"They cut him loose...He alibied out...He said he'd uh been seeing your wife for close to a year...Did you know about him? His name was Jimenez....Chico Jimenez..." said Jimmy...

"No.....uhhhhhhhhhh I never seen him before today..."said Lou ,who looked sick...."Maybe I ought to order something stronger...." he said..

"Maybe you don't.."said Jimmy...

Lieutenant Tragg walked in.....

"Hey Kid...How ya doin?...Barlow !" he said..

"I'm holdin up as good as I can Lieutenant..." he said..

"I got good news for you.....I found a suspect in your wife's murder....You remember Harry Gold?? Used to work in Lockwood's precinct with you..."said Lt. Tragg..

"Yeah...I.A. busted him for drugs...He did a year as a guest of the state....I remember him..."said Lou..

"I got it on good word that his prints and DNA were also found in that apartment...I got some guys with me...We are about to take some doors right now.."said Lt. Tragg..

"Lieutenant, sir..All due respect, you can't do this..."said Jimmy...

"Excuse me?   Your boss grabbed a suspect this morning.. He alibied out, but there was another set of prints and DNA found in that apartment....It was Gold's...He's our guy!" said Lt. Tragg...

"Who told you that?  How did you know?" asked Jimmy...

"I have my ways of knowing things...I'm going to end this kid's suffering tonight!" said Lt. Tragg...
"I've got three addresses.." he said..

"Let's take some doors Lieutenant."said Lou Jourgeson....
"You sit tight....You're on leave...and you're in no shape to take anything...I'll handle this..."said Lt. Tragg...
"You know this is Sissy's case...She makes the call..." said Jimmy...

"I MAKE THE CALL.....I MAKE THE CALL....I'M THE RANKING OFFICER!" he said..

He looked at Lou.

"Sit tight kid....I'm on the move.." he said and he and four uniformed officers left the bar...

Jimmy watched them pull off...in two cars at top speed!!!
He got on his phone and called Sissy...
"Hello? Jimmy? What's going on?" asked Sissy...

"I'm in the bar... Lieutenant Tragg found out about the other set of prints in that apartment..He's going after Harry Gold..He says he has three addresses.." said Jimmy...

"That son of a.....I don't know how he found out or who told him...It was none of us...but he has friends all over the department... Okay....As of now, you, Chica and Rico are back on the case...


Grab some uniforms from this precinct and meet me and Keith at this address....Duke and Angie are already headed to one address



 and Sirena and Hop are at this other address..."said Sissy...




"Meet me and the others at this address.."said Sissy...
"I'm on my way." said Jimmy....He tossed some money on the bar...

'Go Home Lou....Go Home.." said Jimmy...
Lou said nothing...He just hung his head...

(TO BE CONTINUED)






9 comments:

Toni said...

This guy was hillarious....A nice respite to a very intense episode!

Angie B. said...

Loved Chico....Please bring him back!

Sunflower said...

Chico was hillarious! Unfortunately, They still aren't close to making an arrest!

Lisa said...

Still Not Close to making an arrest...Hope Sissy and her guys beat Lt. Tragg to it!

Halo said...

If Lt. Tragg hadn't injected himself into this..This investigation would have gone a lot further and been a lot less complicated.

Vanessa said...

I agree ,If Lt. Tragg hadn't injected himself into this..This investigation would have gone a lot further and been a lot less complicated.Not throwing any shade on Sirena and Hop...but not having Carlotta and Jimmy on this case is a huge letdown...

Brenda said...

I understand the logic of pulling Carlotta and Jimmy...They're too close to the person...Lou Jerguson...but Lt. Tragg's penchant for ordering Sissy and company off of a case and calling the D.O. when he cant have his way is getting tiresome...

Rita said...

Tomorrow is going to be interesting...Who will get to this Harry Gold first? Will it be Sissy and her detectives or Tragg? and is he even the right guy?

Cheryl said...

Yeah, this Harry Gold might be a bust like Chico was...but I have to say...He sounds like a more viable suspect....