Monday, November 6, 2017

Fall From Grace

ONE YEAR BEFORE-

I was standing in the back of the courtroom attentively watching my wife, Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander
and her niece, Attorney Beverly West-
represent  Former State's Attorney Oscar Meyerson.... He's been a client of Olivia's since she worked at a huge corporate law firm....He is one of many clients she kept on retainer and who followed her after she left to form her own law firm...

Me?I used to be a cop...A Homicide Detective in New Orleans to be exact...A chance meeting of a lonely ,recently divorced Olivia in New Orleans at Essence Fest turned into a whirlwind romance and I wound up leaving the New Orleans Police department...A long story for another time...Moving to Philly, tracking Ms. Bennett down....

She had formed her own law firm by then with her precocious niece, Beverly,

also an Attorney and Ms. Josie Boyd..her girl Friday, Now a para legal working for us...(This was before Josie became a para legal though..)


 and I offered my services as their investigator..All in that order...Eventually, I married Liv and the rest is as they say...History or in this case...My story...


Today....however, The Former States Attorney was in real hot water....He was facing disbarment from a number of incidents from last year and the year before.


On May 27th the year before... Oscar Meyerson sent a link of a sexually explicit photograph of himself via his public Twitter account to an adult woman who was following him on Twitter. After several days of denying he had posted the image, Oscar Meyerson held a press conference at which he admitted he had "exchanged messages and photos of an explicit nature with about six women over the last three years" and apologized for his earlier denials. After an explicit photo was leaked through the Twitter account of a listener of a popular morning radio show here in Philadelphia, Oscar Meyerson announced on June 16th, that he would resign from The State's Attorney's Office  and he formally did so on June 21st. In the special election held on September 13th, to replace him, Republican Attorney Footy Footson defeated Democrat Donald Wilder to fill Meyerson's post.

A second sexting scandal began on July 23rd of that same year. several months after Oscar Meyerson returned to law in the Philadelphia area.  Explicit photos were sent by him under the alias "Big Dick Daddy" to a 22-year-old woman with whom Oscar Meyerson had contact as late as April 2013, more than a year after he had left office. The 22-year-old woman was later revealed as Cindy Lewis, a New Jersey native who first came into contact with him when she expressed her disapproval of his extramarital behaviors.

On August 28th the New York Post reported that Oscar Meyerson had sexted yet another woman, including sending one picture while lying in bed with his young son.] The Philadelphia Daily News reported the next day that Oscar Meyerson and his wife, Lillian, intended to separate.

 Lillian announced her intention to separate from her husband by stating, "After long and painful consideration and work on my marriage, I have made the decision to separate from my husband. Oscar and I remain devoted to doing what is best for our son, who is the light of our life. During this difficult time, I ask for respect for our privacy.Please!"

On September 21, the Daily News published an article claiming that Oscar Meyerson had engaged in sexting with a 17-year-old girl, and devices owned by Oscar Meyerson were seized as part of an investigation into this incident.

The report prompted a criminal investigation and Meyerson's laptop was seized.

He and his wife moved into seperate residences.

They didn't divorce...But he was in hot water...Which brings us to this day...He was facing censure and disbarment by the legal board of ethics....Olivia and Beverly had successfully kept criminal charges from being filed and had thus kept him out of jail...Today was a different matter altogether.

Olivia and Beverly argued successfully to the ethics committee to spare his license and he agreed to get counseling....

To my surprise...They were successful....His license to practice law was spared and he entered into sexual addiction counseling...
As we left court, he hugged Olivia and Beverly...Maybe a little too long..

"Okay, that's enough.." said Beverly, who removed his hands from around her waist...
''Yes....You're squeezing the life out of me...I get it.." said Olivia, who removed his arms from around her waist and her buttocks...

"I can't thank you girls enough for saving my bacon.." he said..a little embarrassed and slightly aroused...


 "Get yourself some help Meyerson." I said to him...Glaring angrilly at him....

II-
TODAY!-

Olivia looked at her watch...

"He's late." she said.

"Who's Late Auntay?" asked Beverly...

"Oscar! Oscar Meyerson...He called yesterday saying he needed to talk to me about an urgent legal matter.."said Olivia..

"Oh My God...Has he become Big Dick Daddy again?" I said ruefully...

("Big Dick Daddy" was the name Meyerson had used in his texts to young ladies...) 
''Donnie Ray ,you stooopid!" said Beverly, cracking up laughing...
"Oh My God...Stopppp!" laughed Josie...
Even Olivia cracked up .

''You need to stop... You just need to stop.."she said...laughing so hard, she was holding her sides...She got her composure back and then got serious...

"He's been doing well in sexual addiction therapy...He hasn't missed a session and there have been no incidents.. He's even thinking of making another run for State's Attorney...."said Olivia..


''Well keep the young interns away from him..." I said..

"Auntayyyyyy, get your husband..."laughed Beverly.

"You're on a roll today Mr. A." said Josie..

Just then a young white woman walked in....I recognized her...Lillian Meyerson, the young wife of Oscar Meyerson...

"Liv, Beverly, Donnie Ray...I thought I'd come down here.."she said..
"Your husband is late..."said Olivia..

"My husband is in jail!" said Lillian..

III-
"WHAT??? In Jail??" asked Olivia...
"That's why he wanted to meet with you.....He was certain he was close to being indicted...He has a friend in the D.A.'s office that told him...It was a few days ago....Well he got indicted and arrested." said Lillian Meyerson..

''Sexting again?" asked Beverly....
"No this is worse....He's been accused of raping a young woman in the playground..." she said.
 "WHAT?" said Olivia, astounded...

"WHAT?" I said...

"He swears he didn't do this....Just like at first he swore he wasn't sending photos of his penis over the phone and on Twitter...He was out for his morning jog at the time...but he swears he wasn't in that playground.." she sighed...

"Is he at Central Booking?" asked Beverly...

''Yes.."said Lillian..


"Okay....Bev and I are on our way...Josie, mind the store for us..." said Olivia..

''Will do Mrs. A."said Josie.
"Excuse me if I don't go Liv, Beverly....It's been one thing after another with that man....I still plan to divorce him....I may need your services after this is all over..I can't deal with the humiliation anymore." she said..

"I perfectly understand." said Olivia..

IV-
We went to Central Booking and bailed Oscar Meyerson out...

He looked ashen, disheveled...

He was 64, about five foot eight.....Blond hair...an athletic build that made him look at least ten years younger than he actually was....He worked out every morning....His wife, Lillian was a good 36 years younger than him....

"Olivia, Beverly, Donnie Ray, I swear I didn't do this...Not this one!...I was out running, but I didn't go in that playground...." he said.

''She IDed you.."said Beverly softly...

''We crossed paths...We were both out running, but I didn't run through that playground...I swear...It couldn't have been me.." he protested..
"Human eye witnesses aren't one hundred percent reliable..I know that from my days as a detective.."I said.

''Donnie Ray is right.."said Olivia.. 'We've got to get out of here and get pass the press..." she said..

''Too late...and look who is coming our way." said Beverly...

"Oh God...Is he the arresting officer?" I asked..

Oscar Meyerson sighed and nodded his head...It was Lt. Tragg...

"Meyerson, you pervert....I'm gonna nail you to the wall.." said Lt. Tragg...

"I see you've uh found your pants Lieutenant." I said..

Lieutenant Tragg had collared a suspect believed to be former KGB..A murder suspect  who had escaped his bonds...and gotten the best of him, stealing his gun and his trousers, suit jacket, socks and shoes...

Police found him tied up on the toilet in the bathroom of the suspects apartment....Everybody knew about it and everybody was laughing  to no end...

Beverly and Oscar Meyerson cracked up laughing...

Olivia laughed in spite of herself...

Lt. Tragg was not amused...

" You won't win this one Liv...We got an eyewitness and with his past history of sending photos of his private parts to women, no jury in the world is going to acquit him." said Lt. Tragg..

"That's for a jury to decide..Not you.." said Olivia..

By now reporters and media people were snapping photos of the four of us...
"Come on, follow me out..This way..." I said..as we exited out the back...


Olivia and Bev had tried so many cases in this building and had bailed so many of their clients out ,going back to their Public Defender days that they knew the way out the back.....

I had our SUV parked on a back street, blocks away....We made a quick exit..

We dropped Oscar off at his apartment....We told him we'd talk to him tomorrow....Then we dropped Beverly off at Nelson's apartment...and headed home..

That afternoon at home, Olivia undressed and got comfortable..
"Home sweet home..." she said...

''First time you smiled today.."I said.
"That's not true...I laughed at all of your jokes.." she said.
"You feel better now?" I asked.

"Yessssssssssssss... Tomorrow is tomorrow...I'll be disgusted by Oscar Meyerson tomorrow.."she said and smiled..

She looked good in her white romper...I smiled at her and began undressing...

"Donnie Ray....I know what would make YOU happier.." she said and looked at me salaciously...
By now I had stripped down to my boxers and undershirt...I lifted her off the couch and kissed her passionately....

She giggled...

"Tell me I'm not a mind reader..." she said.

Meanwhile, Former State's Attorney Oscar Meyerson sat in his apartment on his phone talking to a young woman...

"Heyyyy how are ya?" she said..

"I've been better...how are you?" he said.

"I'm fine.." she said..

"Send me a photo,let me see how fine you are." he said..

She sent a photo of her in orange panties....He drooled...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy.." he said...

''I thought you were through being Big Dick Daddy Oscar!!!" came the voice...

"Whoaaaa!" he said, filled with fear and hung up the phone!


(TO BE CONTINUED)



12 comments:

Toni said...

The Girls Are Back! Yayyyyyy!

Angie B. said...

The Girls are back in town!

Sunflower said...

Liv and Bev are my favorite Escapade series, I must admit!

Lisa said...

Love Olivia and Beverly!

Halo said...

"Big Dick Daddy??" Really Keith?? LMAO! Has to be your funiest named charactor yet!

Vanessa said...

Sleazy Politician, Sex Scandal, Must be Olivia and Beverly time!

Cheryl said...

The Girls Are Back! Yayyyyyy!

Brenda said...

This guy really sounds like a sleaze...I'm certain he's innocent of rape...but he's guilty of sexting...

Rita said...

Big Dick Daddy! I'm over here cracking up at this name!

Yvonne Anderson said...

Fall From Grace is the perfect title for this...He sure did!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

This guy really needs to get a grip...He just might be innocent of this, but because he's done so much else...A Jury ay tend to tilt against him!

George S. said...

I agree...Olivia has a tough one here...Can't wit to see how this plays out!