Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Redemption Tour

We had spent the entire afternoon and night down in Beverly's domicile studying law books and working out strategy....Well at least the girls did, Olivia, Beverly and Josie...So Olivia invited everyone up to our place for breakfast...

To my great surprise, Olivia was quite a good cook...I hadn't expected her to be...Not when I first met her...She was Cute and Sexy...she was smart and a successful attorney..she had to have a chink in her armor..

"Okay, I can't sing...How is that?" she told me as she prepared  five plates of Shrimp, Sausage and Grits...

"I don't believe that....I've heard you sing in the shower..."I laughed..

''When we were making love, you had a way of helping me hit the high notes " she said and looked at me devilishly....

Just then there was a knock on the door...It was Beverly ,Nelson and Josie..

"Ummmm smells good Auntay!" said Beverly...
"Nice way to get the day started off....My case is coming to an end, You guys is just starting." said Nelson..

"You got a jury trial?" asked Josie..

"Nah, this is a civil case, being heard by a judge..."said Nelson...

"That's all you've been getting lately..." said Beverly...

"What I wouldn't give to have anything but this case at least..." sighed Olivia..

I knew what she meant....Our Clients aren't always boy or girl scouts...but this client has a history of sexual perversion, sending photos of his penis to women via Twitter and Instagram and texts and receiving photos of women in the panties and bras...Now being accused of sexual assault....He was in a very difficult situation, whether a jury or a judge heard him..."

II-
And unknown to us...a few blocks away in the playground... ADA Rockland Cambridge and Beverly's mother , Alfreda Johnson were kissing like two teenagers behind a tree..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm Alfreda....you are driving me crazy...." he  moaned..

"You're driving me crazy too." she cooed...
''Ummmmmmmmmmm I feel like taking your clothes off right in this playground.." he moaned..

''Don't say it...I feel like taking them off too! ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned in between more kisses..

''Shame neither one of us has the time this morning.." he said.

"I know..You have a preliminary hearing don't you?" she asked...

"Yes...I may be trying Former States Attorney Oscar Meyerson.....I really don't want to...The man has been a friend and a mentor to me...I was sick on my stomach when I found out he was sending photos of his penis to women.." said Rockland..

"It takes two to tango...Women were sending him panty pictures too!" said Alfreda...

"I know...and your daughter and her Auntie kept him out of jail and saved his license...Now they're defending him on a rape charge and I may be up against them again in court..." said Rockland..

"Don't take it so personal this time...It's just a job...They're doing theirs and you're doing yours..." she said...
She looked around....
It was early morning...Not a soul was in the playground...

She pulled him to her...She kissed him softly and slowly unzippered his trousers, his mouth was wide open...She ran her warm ,soft hands down into his trousers....

"Shhhhhh, be quiet..." she whispered...She softly rubbed and stroked his penis..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu Rockland....It doesn't make any sense, you being this hard...This early in the morning.." she said..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." he moaned....

TWENTY MINUTES OF THIS WAS ALL HE COULD TAKE!

Just when he was at the point of exploding...She stopped...She zippered his trousers back up and rubbed his back..

"Calm down......Now have a good day....Go easy on my daughter and Livy..." she said and smiled...

Tears streamed down Rockland's face...

"I love you so much Alfreda..." he said..

''Awwwww I love you too.." she said...and she hugged him and rubbed his back...."Now get yourself together....I gotta go...I'll see you this afternoon..." she said and smiled at him...

He watched as she walked out of the playground by herself..lawd she was a sexy woman!!He mused!
III-
The Preliminary trial began....

"Oh God No Auntay...We are up against Rockland Courtland..." said Beverly...

Olivia sighed...

"Ohhhhhhhhh Hell." she said..

"Just do your job, the way you always do." I said...

Oscar Meyerson looked contrite as he sat down...

Josie sat next to me and took notes...
Rockland was as usual...Prepared.... His argument that there was proof that Oscar Meyerson had had contact both verbal and visual with the victim prior to the assault was caught on tape....


Olivia and Beverly argued that that wasn't enough to mandate an assault...If so ,every man who ever flirted with them would be suspect...

Rockland's most powerful argument was that the woman positively identified Oscar Meyerson as her assailant...

Olivia and Beverly countered with statistics proving that eyewitness identification has often been incorrect,especially in emotional circumstances...

The verbal sparring was good on both sides...Finally, the Judge called a recess until tomorrow...

The four of us stood in the hallway with Oscar.....

"You girls were great...but Rockland is as ruthless as they come...He's not looking forward to losing to you girls for a third time.." said Oscar , who got a phone call..

"Excuse me ladies..I have to take this." he said.

''Here he comes Auntay...Probably going to give us his big girl panties speech again.." said Beverly sighing..
"I know...I don't want to hear it.." said Olivia..
Rockland walked over to them...

"Hi Beverly....Hello Olivia..." he said. He smiled...This threw them both off guard...

''Hello ADA Cambridge" said Beverly.
"You come to gloat Rockland!" said Olivia, who was in no mood to hear how she was going to lose and be told  to put on her big girl panties.
"Look between you and I...I don't want to put Oscar in jail...He's a friend of mine....I'm sick on my stomach with this...Liv,Bev if you can come up with anything..ANYTHING to prove he is possibly innocent or if you want to plead him to a light sentence...I am open....I'm serious...I don't want to do this...And Liv, you studied under him...Just as I did...You don't want to do this either.."said Rockland..

Olivia's tone got softer...

"I don't....I'm working hard on his case...I really believe ,in spite of his other proclivities, he's innocent of this.." she said..

"I do too...Or at least I hope he is...but the girl swears it was him...I can't help you out...naturally...but I'm open to anything you and Beverly come up with...I just want you two to know that.." he said.
"Sure Rockland...and ...and thank you." said Beverly...
"Sure..Oh and you ladies did a fabulous job in New Orleans and Miami....Slim Johnson spoke well of you two...I look forward to being able to sit on the board with you two and Mr. East next year..." he said as he walked away....

Josie was astounded...

"WHO WAS THAT AND WHAT DID THEY DO WITH ADA CAMBRIDGE???" she said..

''Wow! He was soooooooo nice....He must be getting some....I'm serious..." said Beverly..

"Thaaaaaaaaaaaaat would be my guess....The power of the pantayyyyyyyyyys...as you say."said Olivia, who laughed...
"You might just be right.."I said...I had never seen this side of Rockland Cambridge....Almost like he wouldn't mind losing this one..

Meanwhile our client was on the phone, sweating up a storm...

"Hi Big Dick Daddy, Look what I sent you.." came a sultry voice..

"Awwwwwwwwwwww, Awwwwwwwwwwwww , Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he silently moaned..

A woman in orange bra and matching panties came across his screen...

"Do you like that Big Dick Daddy?" she cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love it....Look, I have to go now...I'll talk to you later." he said..

He put his phone away as we approached him...

"Oscar you're sweating.."said Olivia..

"I-I-I may be coming down with a fever...Perhaps I'll go back to my apartment...and uh take something for it.." he said..

''He's scared to death.."I said...

"I don't blame him...I'd be scared too..He could be disbarred and go to jail...Despite a stellar career as an Attorney....All of it could go down the toilet....I just hope he doesn't do anything  rash..."said Beverly..
"Well ladies we have our work cut out for us.."said Olivia..

"Another all nighter..."said Josie..

"Jo you don't have to stay if you don't want to..." said Olivia..

"Oh No...I'm learning a lot..." said Josie..

"Good, then it's a date...Nelson will be over with Pizza.." said Beverly...

"I was going to get us platters from Mabel Jenkins's Soul Food Joint."I said.

"Call Nelson and tell him to cancel the pizzas.."said Olivia smiling as we all left the courthouse and headed home..
"I'll see you girls in a few...I've got some digging to do.." I said.

IV-

 ADA Rockland Cambridge and Alfreda were drinking in a local bar....
 "This place is nice Rockland, Do all of the lawyers come here to drink?" asked Alfreda..

''A lot do..but not your daughter or Olivia...They've been here before..but they're more of a Josies type of girl.." said Rockland..
''While you're more Bourgie right?" said Alfreda, smiling and noticing there were few African-American Attorneys or Cops in this bar...

"Well at least we don't have to worry about being seen." he said as their drinks arrived..

They both picked up their drinks and began quaffing them down...

"Rockland....We don't have to sneak around...For what? I'm grown and you're definitely grown....I'm not ashamed that you're my man....We can go anywhere we want....From now on...If my daughter or Olivia sees us together..then they see us..I'm a grown woman last time I checked..I don't answer to anybody but myself.."said Alfreda.
Rockland smiled....But his smile was short lived....Lieutenant Tragg walked over to where he and Alfreda was sitting..

"Counselor...Hope I'm not interrupting anything ." he said and smiled at Alfreda....
She knew who he was....He was always on the news for one screw up after another and she had heard her daughter, Beverly West and her Aunt Olivia

talk about him many times with a mixture of derision and humor...
''Is there something you want Lieutenant?" asked Rockland.
"Just want you to know that this is the Redemption Tour for me and you....I brought you in a solid case this time....Olivia and Beverly have a weak case..No way they'll beat you this time...And I'll have a decent collar..."said Lieutenant Tragg...

"You sure of that huh?" said Rockland...

"Definitely..Like I said...This is the Redemption tour for me and you....We are both in need of a big win...This is it...I want to see the look on both Olivia and her smart alecky niece's face when Oscar Meyerson is declared guilty..." said Lieutenant Tragg...

"Her Smart Alecky niece happens to be my daughter." said Alfreda...

"Huh?, What? Beverly West, your daughter?? " he said...He stared hard and then smiled.. "Well Lahhhh Deee Dah...I see the resemblance....You're a beautiful woman....I see where your daughter gets her good looks." said Lt. Tragg...He looked a bit perplexed...

Then he asked...

''Is Olivia Bennett-Alexander, your younger sister?" he asked.

"No she is not!!! Beverly's Father is Olivia's older brother...We are no longer together."said Alfreda...
"Ahhhhh I see...." he said and then peered at Rockland...

"Good Afternoon Counselor.." he said with a wry smile on his face...He walked away...

"He gives me Agita.." remarked Rockland...
Alfreda smiled...

''Don't even worry about him..  Concentrate on me....Your woman!" said Alfreda...

"Yes...My beautiful and sexy woman!" said Rockland...

And at our house....Olivia and I , Nelson and Beverly and Josie all sat together up in our domicile...

"I called the Judge and asked for a 48 hour recess....and guess what? Rockland agreed and said he had no problem with it...So the judge granted us two days before the next hearing..."said Olivia..

"That's Great....My case is over now..We settled ,so I can help you guys out.." said Nelson...

"Auntay did you call Oscar or do you want me to do it?" asked Beverly....

"I called him...I told him to keep a low profile and to stay out of trouble.."said Olivia..  '' Josie I need you to go with me to meet with Dr. Goggins tomorrow....Beverly...Get his DNA sample...Blood ,Urine ,Saliva...We need to give that to Hazel and Dr. Goggins as well." said Olivia..
"I'm on it Auntay.." said Beverly...
"I'm on it too..." said Josie...
"That'll give me time to look up some things....and maybe call my favorite FBI agent...for some help.."I said...
"Funny...From the looks of things...This could be the big Redemption Tour" for both Lt. Tragg and ADA Rockland Cambridge...They both need a major win and they've got us on the ropes with this case."said Olivia..

"Redemption Tour? Maybe for Lt. Tragg, but Rockland has won 30 straight cases since he started going to Therapy again...Maybe this woman he met is in Therapy too..Maybe they connected....whoever she is...She has rocked his world...and I'm grateful for her..He is so nice now...." said Beverly...

Olivia kissed her niece on the cheek and hugged her..

"Beverly, even as a little girl, you were very perceptive...I agree with you...I think that's exactly what happened to him..." said Olivia..smiling gingerly and hugging her niece...

I looked at Olivia and Beverly and smiled...My girls...

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: