Friday, November 10, 2017

Better If She Sees It

A gaggle of reporters were outside of the courtroom...Today was the second and final day of preliminary hearings before a grand jury and a judge....Today the Judge and the Grand Jury would decide whether to formally hold Former States Attorney Oscar Meyerson over for trial...

He was charged with a felony....One count of forcible sexual assault...Rape for the layman...





Olivia, Beverly and I hustled Oscar into the courtroom, flanked by Josie and Nelson.....

To our surprise...Standing in the hallway was Alfreda Johnson...Beverly's mother..

"Hi Baby!" she said to Beverly....and hugged her warmly....

"Mommy, what are you doing here?" asked Beverly...
"I came to see my baby work..It occurred to me that I've never seen you and Liv in action....Today was as good a day as ever." she said.

Olivia smiled at her....She was thinking...

"Or you came to see your boyfriend in action.."  but she didn't say it...

"Heyy baby girl." Alfreda said to Olivia....She hugged her warmly....

''You smell great Alfreda...Something new?" asked Olivia, staring her straight in the eye and smiling at her with a devilish grin...

"Yes...as a matter of fact it is..." said Alfreda...

Just then Lt. Tragg walked up to us...

"Ms. Johnson...Nice to see you again....I suppose you are here to see your daughter and her aunt in action huh?" he said with a sneer on his face...

Alfreda looked nervous..

"Uh yes..yes I am..." she said...
''Well you picked a bad day for them...I don't think they're going to do so good with this case...but on the other hand your uh-" he said when he was interrupted by another detective...

"Lieutenant sir...The Lieutenant at Special Victims wants to talk with you..." he said..

"About what?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"I don't know...He just said it was important...." said the Detective..

Lt. Tragg smiled devilishly...

"Well, I'll be seeing you ladies..." he said.

Alfreda sighed a sigh of relief...It wasn't lost on Beverly...

"Mommy,please, please ,please tell me you're not dating HIM!!!" she said...

Olivia cracked up!

"Oh God NOOOOOOO!  Who do you think I am Bev?  Mama isn't desperate...."said Alfreda..

"Whew!" said Josie...
 Nelson sighed relief also...

Alfreda frowned....

"Oh My God...Look at you two!!!!Is that what you thought?  Nooooooooooooooooooooo.... Noooo way..I just met him two days ago ..I was in the bar having drinks...and he came over to talk to my friend....My boyfriend.."said Alfreda...

"I never pictured you and Tragg Alfreda...If anything, you've got good tastes..."I said.

"Thank you Donnie Ray...Somebody here knows me..." she said and stared at Olivia, who was smiling..

It was at that moment that Alfreda knew...She knew that Olivia knew who she was seeing and hadn't told Beverly or for that matter any of us...

She hugged Olivia and whispered in her ear...

"I love you Livy, almost as if you were my own sister....you've always been my girl...I'm going to tell her...in my own way....Better if she sees it." she said..
"It's your business Alfreda....Not my place to tell anybody.."whispered Olivia..

''How long have you known?" asked Alfreda..
''A few days...I saw the two of you kissing in the playground one morning.."said Olivia..

"Thank You for keeping my secret baby girl.."said Alfreda...

 "Like you said...Better If She Sees It!" said Olivia..


Then Alfreda smiled..

"Good luck in there guys.."

Oscar looked at Alfreda ,then Beverly...

"Beverly is that your mother?   Your mother is beautiful....She seeing anyone?" he asked..

Beverly glared at him...

"I think you're in enough hot water as it is Oscar!" she said..

Olivia laughed and said..

"I just love her...I just love her to death..." she said, laughing hysterically..


 Nelson and Josie were clearly confused by what was going on...
As was I...

But it was trial time...

Lt.Tragg stood before the gaggle of press and proclaimed..

"I'm pretty sure this thing is going to trial boys and I'm certain we''ll nail this pervert Meyerson and lock him up like he belongs this time..

He was wrong on both counts..

II-
In court, ADA Rockland Cambridge waited patiently for us..

''I got your text Olivia...I am prepared to hear the new evidence you have" he said softly...

Olivia and Beverly showed photos of Oscar Meyerson's chest and back and arms photographed on the day of his arrest.....There were no scratches at all, yet his alleged victim scratched and clawed at her assailant and had his blood and torn skin on her person...

There was a huge amount of semen in her panties and on her jogging shorts....as well as sweat....

They presented DNA samples of Meyerson tested by both Dr. Goggins and Dr. Hazel Baylor...with both coming to the same conclusion...The DNA was not that of Oscar Meyerson...They had semen, blood, urine and saliva to go on...
I showed them photos of Meyerson and the young lady in the bodega and then running afterwords...the film footage clearly showed Meyerson running in a different direction and  at another angle, Henry Glover running after the young lady...

"That's Harry Glover, convicted sex offender, recently released...The resemblance is so uncanny,it fooled even me..."said Olivia..

"I see the resemblance..."said ADA Cambridge...
Beverly showed them one last piece of evidence...

"This is Henry Glover's DNA sample from the prison.... It's a match for the semen  in the panties...The blood she scratched from him...is his...as is the sweat....He's your guy."said Beverly...
"In lieu of this new evidence....The people wish to drop all charges against Oscar Meyerson..." said ADA Rockland Cambridge...

The Judge banged his gavel...

"SO BE IT!  Mr. Meyerson, you are free to go...This matter is closed...Court is adjourned..
Beverly knowing how Rockland got after losing a case walked over to him...

"Rockland...this wasn't a loss you know...Actually this keeps you from wasting your time trying the wrong guy.." said Beverly...

Rockland smiled at her...

"I know. You know Beverly, You're beautiful and you have a soft side just like your mother..."he said softly...

"You know my mom?" asked Beverly...

"I do...She and I are uh in the same therapy group....She talks about you a lot...She's very proud of you and your Aunt Olivia..."said ADA Rockland Cambridge, who grabbed his briefcase and walked out...He smiled warmly at Beverly....

Oscar Meyerson hugged Olivia  Josie and Beverly...His hands traveled a little too fast and loose with all three women, much to their consternation..
"Okay...Okay..take your hands off my butt...You don't have to squeeze me so tight."said Olivia..
"Hey watch it...That was my breast.."said Josie..pushing him away....

 "Oscar, do you want me to embarrass you out here? Take your hand off my butt." said Beverly...


"Thank you ladies...You too Donnie Ray.." he said...
''You're quite welcome...Just don't hug me.." I said.

III-

Oscar Meyerson addressed the press...

"It was just a big misunderstanding...I told you guys I was innocent and that once I had my day in court I'd be exonerated...





Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Josie and I addressed the press and then moved outside....

"I told you everything would work out just fine." said Alfreda.
Alfreda kissed Rockland softly...

"Yes you did baby!" he said softly.....

And this time , we all saw it....

''Auntay..I think ADA Rockland Cambridge is Mommy's boyfriend..." said Beverly...

"Imagine that!" said Olivia, pretending she was just as shocked..

"Him?  I never would have imagined... Wow!" I said..."You alright Shortcake?" I asked.

"Yeah...I mean..He is a bit younger than Mommy...but he makes her happy....and she makes him....Well, human..What could be wrong with that?" said Beverly...
Nelson put his arms around her and hugged her....
She laid her head into his chest....He kissed her forehead softly..

Josie smiled..

They looked at us....We all waved and smiled at them....They smiled back...

It was a good day!




EPILOUGE-
It was good news for everyone except Lt. Tragg...A first year Detective, Ray Talbert  had arrested Henry Glover...His DNA proved to be positive  and he was charged and convicted of the rape Oscar Meyerson had been accused of...

Once again...Lt. Tragg was the laughing stock of the Police Department...Outdone by a first year detective...

The Deputy Of Operations just looks at him and shakes his head now of days......

Oscar Meyerson and his wife didn't divorce....They reconciled...She sends him photos of her in her panties and bra from the ladies room at her job...That seems to keep him happy!

 A few days later, we all met on a rooftop cafe and had a delicious meal with Alfreda and ADA Rockland Cambridge....

 "This is sooo nice...Thank you for inviting us ADA Cambridge.."said Olivia..
 "Yes...I can't believe I've never heard of this place..."I said.
 "I can't believe it either..."laughed Beverly...
 "This food is just off the chain....Paris and I have to come back here..."said Josie..
 "Bev..I'm bringing you here for your birthday.."said Nelson...
 "I'm so glad everything turned out well.."said Alfreda...
"You don't have to call me ADA Cambridge...Call me Rockland....besides....I may be leaving the D.A.'s office in a year anyway....I've had offers from several private firms..." he said..

"Ohhhh good for you...good for you..." said Olivia..

''We are going to miss our spirited battles with you.."said Beverly...
"I won't miss losing to you two.." he said and laughed...
.He hugged Alfreda..who rubbed his hands and laid her head in his chest.....They actually looked good together!


The seven of us sat and laughed and enjoyed the great food and the even warmer fall afternoon.





10 comments:

Toni said...

GREAT STORY,LOVED IT!

Angie B. said...

GREAT ENDING! LOVED IT!

Sunflower said...

Excellent Episode, especially the Epilouge!

Lisa said...

Nice, Alfreda has a boyfriend...Never figured on him though!

Halo said...

I never saw what the big deal was..Why couldn't she have told Liv,Bev and Donnie Ray?

Vanessa said...

Probably because of the dynamic of their relationship.....Olivia and Beverly did face off against him twice before...And their victories over him drove him to deep therapy!

Rita said...

Sweet Ending!

Brenda said...

LOVED it! Just Loved It!

Cheryl said...

Standing and Applauding, Not throwing my panties....It's cold out today!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

LMAO!