Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Peaks and Valleys

Detective Jimmy Barlow and Officer Lou Jourgeson met at the neighborhood bar a day later..

They downed several beers...

"Jimmy thanks so much for everything you did for me...Man I'm in a bad way...." he said.....

''Hey Man....I know you'd do the same thing for me..How you holdin up?" asked Jimmy...

"About as good as I can considering.....We were getting back together....I swear.....I-I can't believe she's dead!..I can't believe it....You got anything on the case so far?" he asked..

"I'm not on the case anymore." said Jimmy as he quaffed down a beer...

''What do you mean?" asked Lou...
"You're a cop, figure it out.....We went to High School together...We were in the Academy together...After Carlotta got promoted to Detective...We were partners in the patrol car for awhile...I'm too close to the case...Too close to you." said Jimmy...

They ordered another round of beers...

"Carlotta still on the case?" he asked..

"Nope...She was pulled too and so was the Black Detective who was there too, Tyriq Pile....



He was pulled too....Those are my partners....but the two Detectives on the case though are very good....Sirena Pile and Tony Hopkins..." said Jimmy...

"I don't know her..I've seen her around...I know she's Rico's wife....


.but I do know Tony Hopkins....

He was a roller in my precinct when he first got out of the Academy....He sure moved up fast......He was a roller for two years and the next thing I know, he took the Detectives exam, aced it and got his gold shield...And he came after us.....After me....It feels like the circus just left me behind sometimes....I give people traffic tickets...Occassionally I help detectives take a few doors...Every now and then I do plain clothes work...Mostly busting drug dealers and touts...but I uh should be further along in my career."said Lou Jourgeson....He smiled...
"Carlotta....You and her were so tight during the Academy....I actually thought you was bangin her for a minute... She made detective.....and then she came around talking to you everyday!!!...and I knew it wasn't gonna be long before I lost my partner...and sure enough...You took the detectives exam the next cycle and got your gold shield and you were gone....

Like I said...It feels like the parade passed me by.." he said.

"Didn't you take the Detectives Exam?" asked Jimmy...

"Yeah...I did...Funny thing about that...I really tied one on the night before.. I was drunk as hell that night... I had a hangover and a headache the day of the test.....I fell asleep in class, didn't even sign my name....Lt. Tragg was furious....He tried to get them to let me take it the next day...
but they wouldn't let me...He called me a fool...He mentioned you and Carlotta..He said...''You guys came in together and they're already detectives and look at you....Still a roller." he said.. He was right..   "said Lou...

"I remember when we were kids in Port Richmond....I was the punk kid you always looked out for....I idolized you...You were All city man..You lettered in Football, Basketball and Track...You were Homecoming King...Had the finest cheerleader for a girlfriend....You were a winner...Wet in the Academy....Finished Third in your class.....(Carlotta and Jimmy had been Honor Graduates...1& 2) What happened to you man?" asked Jimmy...

"I suppose I peaked in High School, maybe the Academy....After that...I uh slumped down into the Valley...My wife thought so....I kept seeing guys I came in with make Sergeant, Lieutenant....Detective....and I was still on the street, Still in a patrol car......We bought this house...This house has been a money pit...I'm not the winner I used to be Jimmy.."
"We all have peaks and valleys man..."said Jimmy...

"Look at you....You're married to Detective Angie Belton...."
said Lou with a laugh...
"You know my wife?" asked Jimmy...
"Yeah...She was a detective under Lt. Lockwood when I worked in his precinct..


He had a thing for her....Heh Heh Heh.."laughed Lou...
"Yeah,I heard....She told me....That was before I met her.." said Jimmy...

"I always thought her and Duke Baylor had something going on...
but I guess not...He's married to uh the coroner...


Hazel... "said Lou....
He quaffed five more beers..

''Easy man...Easy.."said Jimmy...

"Hopkins? He's on my case huh? He a good dude?" asked Lou...

"Yeah man....I've worked with him many times, even on a couple of cases...He's good.."said Jimmy...

"He's married to an FBI agent...A big wig I hear.." said Lou..
"Deputy Special Agent in charge..." he added...

"Yeah...She helps us out from time to time..."said Jimmy....
"Look Jimmy....Ask your Lieutenant if I can help with the investigation....I just can't sit idly by...I have to do something...I'm deep in the valley man...This is my only way out...I need to be doing something to bring my wife's killer to justice...Ask her man..." begged Lou..


Talking about Sissy....

"I know Tragg gave her a hard time the other day....which is probably why you and your partners got pulled...I'm sorry about that...He thought he was helping me...but I need to be involved..."said Lou.

"I'm not on the case Lou....but you can ask her... but uh not today, not in this state...Clean yourself up...get sober...Shave...Approach her straight....Maybe...Just maybe...Nah, who am I kidding...If she pulled me ,Carlotta and Rico off the case... There is no way she's going to let you be involved...Just lay back man...Let Sirena and Hop handle this..." said Jimmy...

"I can't man...I can't....I'll clean up...Then tomorrow....I'll ask her myself..."said Lou..

''Suit yourself... I got this....Go Home Lou....Get some sleep!" said Jimmy...

"Thanks Jimmy..."said Lou..

II-

While that was going on....Carlotta met me in the sub-basement of our headquarters.....It was a slow day...Without her Jimmy or Tyriq being directly involved with the case...They didn't have much to do...We had no major cases at the time....No one was complaining...
Carlotta smiled as soon as she saw me...

"I know why you called me down here papi....You didn't have anything to tell me.." she said..


"Sure I do...." I said and pulled her to me gently and began kissing her passionately....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu papi...my goodness..Aye Mios Dios....."she moaned..

"Damn Carlotta...you are sooo damn hot....I just go crazy ,thinking about you when you're not around.." I said...
''Good to know.." she said...

I slipped her dress over her head...

I stared at her bra for a few minutes and then unhooked it...

I slipped her panties down....in between more kisses...
My suit jacket, shirt and tie was already off and I hurriedly stepped out of my trousers, socks and shoes...

There was a small bed down there....We fell on it and began making sweet love.....I couldn't control myself....

Carlotta was so soft, so warm and moist...and smelled like a new born baby....I was losing my mind slowly with each stroke..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh papi...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Carlotta, I' losing my minddd!" I in turn moaned..

For the Next THREE TO FOUR HOURS, we made quiet, sweet love...Nobody would miss us...

III-


Duke was with Hazel at the M.E.'s office...at this very minute

 Sirena and Hop were just arriving there....

"Hey Hazel...We've had quite the day.....The street cam was disabled... In front and back of the building...That was our first set back...

''And the business cam across the street was broken..Of all the days..." said Hop..

''At Any rate...we got a team on the nearby Traffic Cams...Maybe they'll pick up a vehicle.. "said Sirena..

''We interviewed family members of both Lou and Bonnie.. We talked to all of the cops in the 29th who knew him as well as everybody at her job...We got nothing...So Hazel I hope you have something..."said Hop...

"We got a lot of fingerprints.." said Duke...

"Yes, after we ruled out Lou's prints and hers...We got two sets of prints that don't match anybody..."said Hazel...


 "And not just that...The DNA from the semen in the loaded condoms and her panties, the ones she was wearing and the ones in the hamper...match two different guys...We are hoping they match the two sets of missing fingerprints.." said Hazel..
''We usually don't catch a break like that...Hopefully it will lead us to a suspect or two." said Sirena..

"Yeah Hopefully" said Hop...
"Angie did a cross check of their finances....Nothing out of the ordinary with either one of them
"said Duke... "Last time I saw her...She was checking their credit card and debit card records to see if they went to any place out of the ordinary where they might have met up with the wrong types of people..She's basically trying to reconstruct the last 48 hours of Bonnie's life and Lou's as well...


"Rico and Sharon were helping her with that.." said Duke...
"I guess Jimmy and Carlotta have to lay low huh?" said Hop..


Frowning at the thought...

''Yeah, Boss Lady doesn't want them on it...That came down from the Deputy Ops and Lt. Tragg of course..."said Duke..

"I wish he'd butt out of our cases....Can't they send him back to the Marine Patrol?" mused Sirena...

''We can only hope...right?" laughed Hazel...
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh papi...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Carlotta, I'm losing my minddd!" I in turn moaned..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, oh my god papi..." Carlotta moaned....

She began to smile the sweetest smile ever....She gasped.....Sweat and tears ran down the side of her face....and she began to tremble...She was having an intense orgasm...

Around this time...So was I......

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph!" I moaned..


We lie in the bed for awhile....Smiling....
"I never get tired of you.." I said, sitting up..

"You are sooo good for my ego..

There was a little sink down there....and some towels...(We kept several towels down here...Those of us who knew about this room and used it..Wink Wink...)

Carlotta and I washed up and got dressed....



She took me by the hand...

'Let's go back before we are missed..." she said..


'I don't think anybody missed us.."I said.
We started kissing passionately again....

IV-
Ignoring Jimmy....Officer Lou Jourgeson went home, took a hot shower and shaved....and then headed to Headquarters....

The hot shower at least cleared his head and the clean clothes took the smell of alcohol off of him...

He walked in the office and asked to speak to Lt. Sissy Van Buren....Jimmy was not with him...

''Officer Jourgeson?" said Sissy, surprised to see him...

"Lieutenant...Uh Anything? Any leads on the case just yet?" he asked..

''No...but I've got two very good Detectives on the case and they've been working around the clock...We are doing everything we can to find your wife's killer.."said Sissy.

"Lieutenant...I need to be working...I need to help out on this investigation...I've worked Plain Clothes...I can find the killer...I-I mean I can assist.....I'm close to this case.."said Lou..

"That's exactly why I can't let you....You're too close...  I didn't want to...but the brass made me take Jimmy,Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace and Tyriq Pile off the case...I've never done that to my detectives before...but I had to...They know you...They were in the academy with you ,they were too close to the case...Now if they're too close..Imagine you in the mix! I can't.....Go Home...Get Some rest....You look tired..."said Sissy..

''Lieutenant....The Parade has passed me by...I was telling Jimmy...I was a winner once... All Public...Lettered in three sports...Football, Basketball and Track....I graduated third...Right behind Carlotta and Jimmy....but they both made Detective.....Years ago.....And Tony Hopkins...One of your Detectives on this case....I remember when he came out of the Academy..When he was a roller ridin around in the patrol car....I broke him in....When he was new.....

And he has passed me...He's a Detective now....I'm in the Valley, This is my last chance to redeem myself...I have to be a part of this investigation...I need this..Please Lieutenant...Please!"he begged...

Sissy looked sad.....

"I'm so sorry for you...Really I am....I'm soooo sorry for you.. can't imagine,I don't want to imagine your pain right now...but I can't...Not only would the Deputy of Operations not allow it...I wouldn't allow it!!   Go Home..Get some rest....We'll keep you abreast of anything we find...I promise you that."said Sissy...

"Thank you Lieutenant.." said Lou who saluted..

''You don't have to do that...Go Home Lou..."said Sissy..
Angie walked in just then....

"I remember him..He was a uniform in Lt. Lockwood's precinct when I worked there..I always thought he was a jock...He had that jock personality...He seems so far removed from that...So broken.."said Angie..

"Yeah ,he does...And maybe I just killed his last chance to redeem himself.." said Sissy ,sadly...

(TO BE CONTINUED)



4 comments:

Toni said...

This was epic! So real....

Angie B. said...

Wow! You really are ratcheting up the suspense here!

Sunflower said...

Incredible writing Keith,Loved it!

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!