Thursday, February 1, 2018

One Bloody Night

NEWARK LIBERTY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, NEWARK ,NEW JERSEY

A flight from Detroit ,Michigan landed in the airport....It carried a special passenger...A man named Duke Clarke, a psychopathic killer who it was said had close to 100 kills to his name...Ruthless and efficient..When Big Uncle in Detroit had a problem...This was the man he called..
After Flounder Wilson refused to call off the hit on Pink, I went to desperate measures...I have 5 new investigators working with me...They all have backgrounds in the intelligence community..(CIA, KGB)  It was childs play for them ,with the help of Lockpick Johnson...to get inside of Flounders Joint and to wire that office for sound and video and to clone his laptops, his tablet and his three smart phones...and Tony Fetters also...
I had been monitoring his calls and emails to Detroit for the past few days....I knew the identity of the hitman and had pulled up his police record...Two stints in the Federal Pen for manslaughter and bookmaking..that was it.. A suspect in close to 100 contract killings in Detroit, Chicago, St.Louis and elsewhere..The number two or three man in Big Uncle's organization..

People in Detroit said by the time you meet Duke Clarke...it's already too late..

My main man ,Sean Jackson was already in Newark with Clerow and Owen Todd , who were not selling houses ,condos, lofts or apartments with my wife and her partner, Bonita today


...They had snapped several photos of Duke Clarke...
He was met by Tony Fetters , who had breakfast with him at the airport and then began the drive to Philadelphia from New Jersey..
They followed them in a surveilience van...
Three of my five investigators were with them...They had placed a GPS unit on Tony Fetters rental car and a small micro-camera inside the car...
They were following him and listening to the conversation...

''We are so glad you could come out to help us.."said Tony Fetters.

"Is your boss for real?" asked Duke Clarke..

"What do you mean?" asked Tony...

''What I mean is that...He reached out for me...Me..to clip a guy who slept with some broad that has his nose open?" he asked ..

"Well uh look...I tried to tell him..."said Tony...

"And this other guy, Jamaican Jack...He needs me to do that?  You guys aint got no local talent huh?" said Duke Clarke..

''Well uh"said Tony.

''Forget it..He wants a guy done...A guy gets done..." he said coldly...
Tony passed him photos of Pink...

''This is the guy...I got an address for him and all of his hang outs."said Tony..

''I don't expect this guy to be hanging around waitin for me to pop him...I'm good at findin people...When we get to Philly, just tell me the guys in the know...I'll get it out of em..."he said..
We continued to follow them and monitor their conversation..



II-
Peeping Tom Looked at me..

''What do you plan on doing next?"I said.

"Jamaican Jack up in North Philly might be interested in knowing he's marked for death....This ought to make things real interesting..''I said.

''Kevin you devil.."laughed Peeping Tom..

"I think a Zip drive delivered to him with video and Audio of Mr. Flounder calling in an out of town hitter to whack him should prove to be very interesting..."I said...

We both laughed...

Normally,I would have gone to Sissy with what I knew...but I had to handle this just right..Keep the police out of it for the time being..

III-
Gangster John "Jamaican Jack" Johns....owned a tony little eatery in North Philly...everybody knew that this was a front...The real business was done upstairs...The count and phone calls directing the independent drug crews where they could pick up his package...Heroin, Coke, Opiods...et al..
So when he received a Zip Drive that had Flounder authorizing a hit on him , He was not amused.. He received a photo of the hitman in the mail and the address of where he would be staying...

Needless to say..Duke Clarke was astounded when he stepped out of his apartment and five guys wearing dreads and wearing long rain coats appeared out of nowhere..

One had a riot pump shot gun...The others had pistols..

Duke Clarke's instincts were good...He immediately got out of his car on the other side as a shotgun blast took out the window on the driver side..
He screamed...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHH MY GOD!"
The guys with the pistols all opened fire...

"Ohhhhhhhh hell, they shootin at me!" he exclaimed..
He pulled out his pistol...It had a silencer on it.. He crawled under another car...The five men continued coming and shooting everything in sight...

The man with the shotgun fired again..

Duke Clarke..had him in his sights...He fired twice....The man with the shotgun tossed it in the air and fell to the ground dead...

Duke Clarke aimed at the two men who were closest to him..He fired four times.. Both men fell to the ground...He ran for all he was worth...

The two remaining men ran after him...They filled the street with a hail of gun fire..Duke rounded the corner..

When the two men turned the corner...Duke Clarke...was crouched and ready for them, he fired four more times...The two men fell to the ground, fatally wounded..

Duke Clarke was breathing heavy..

"Oh My God...Oh My God...I don't believe it...I almost got shot...Oh My Godd!" he exclaimed..

He ran to his rental car...He backed it up and took off at top speed...

Naturally, with five people dead in the street..It brought my good friends, Lt. Sissy Van Buren  and her Detectives from the Criminal Investigation Division of the Philadelphia Police Department..
"My God...So much violence... Look at this one here...He can't be anymore than 19 years old.."said Sissy ,looking at the first body...

Detective Carlotta Wallace examined the second body....

"Look at these shots....Just like the first one, a perfect grouping..." she said..

''We got shotgun shells and bullets from three different weapons out here.."said Tyriq as the C.S.I. guys bagged and tagged the shells and other evidence...

''Looks like they all arrived in this car ...This was a hit team..."said Jimmy...

"I recognize these boys...They work for Jamaican Jack in North Philly.."said Sirena..

"Yeah, I know this one...What were they doing in South Philly..??" asked Hop...
''I can answer that..." said Detective Angela Belton-Barlow...This guy was staying here under an assumed name, but the hallway monitor caught him....His name is Duke Clarke..My partner and I caught him in the airport a few weeks ago, sent him back to Detroit..."said Angie..
''Detroit? Big Uncle?? Big Uncle is trying to move on Jamaican Jack?" asked Sissy..

"That's the only reason why he'd be here..Only Jamaican Jack must have gotten word that he was a marked man and he sent a welcoming committe.."said Duke.
"Well...Score one or should I say Five for Duke Clarke...He wiped out this whole crew..."said Sissy..

''Can I release the bodies Sis?" asked Hazel..
"Yeah, release em...We know cause of death...We even know who killed them...I want an all points bulletin out for Duke Clarke.."said Sissy...
Five Bodies were carted off....
It had been a bloody night...The night wasn't even over yet...

Duke Clarke  was very angry when he got to Flounder's joint...

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??I NEARLY GOT MY ASS BLOWN OFF AND I JUST GOT HERE, THESE GUYS KNEW WHERE I WAS STAYING...THEY TRIED TO KILL ME!! WHAT'S UP??" screamed Duke Clarke..

"From what you say...They sounded like Jamaican Jack's boys...He must have tried a pre-emptive strike..."said Flounder..

"Yeah? How did they even know I was here? How did they know?"asked Duke Clarke..''And is this true what I hear? This Pink guy already knows there is a contract on him...HOW THE HELL IS THAT??"he screamed..

"I don't know.."said Flounder..He was as baffled as Duke Clarke.....

"Look, Find me another place to stay...Get me another car and tomorrow,I want the book on this Pink guy..I want his family members names and addresses...His friends...All of em...Anybody that associates with him...I'm gonna kill every last one of em until he surfaces...And give me the address of this Jamaican Jack..I might go and kill him tonight.." he screamed..

"Good...I know where he stays...Tony, get your gun and go with him..."said Flounder..

Tony Grabbed his gun...

He and Duke Clarke drove to Jamaican Jack's Restaurant...

Jamaican Jack got an anonymous call...wonder where that came from....The conversation that just occurred was played to him on the phone...

When he and Tony approached Jamaican Jack's restaurant, A shower of gunfire was headed their way...

"SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET, What the hell is this?" screamed Duke Clarke...

Seven men ,all armed with shotguns were firing at him and Tony Fetters..

Duke got out of the car and ran for cover...

"LAWD HAVE MERCY,WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??" he screamed..
He fired six times and reloaded and fired six times again...Three of the six shotgun toting men were dead...

He ran to the car...

"Tony...Tony...you got another gun?" He asked..

But Tony was never going to answer him or anybody again...Tony Fetters was dead...The side of his head blown off..

Duke Clarke did the only thing he could do...He turned and ran for all he was worth...

Four  of the men ,armed with shotguns were joined by six other men...All heavily armed...They combed the area....

There was no sign of Duke Clarke...


 Poor Sissy...For the second time tonight, she and her detectives were called out...

"Three guys shot dead in the street...What is this?" she asked..
''Look Boss Lady, the same perfect groupings in the chest...A Ballistics test will show that it's the same shooter as the crime scene we just left.."said Carlotta..

"There's a guy over here in the car..."said Jimmy...

"He's in bad shape...The side of his head got blown off.."said Hop..

"I know him...That's Tony Fetters...He works for Flounder Wilson..."said Duke...
''I'm beginning to see what this...Flounder Wilson must be in leauge with Big Uncle..He called in a hitter to take out Jamaican Jack..."said Sirena..
"But how did Jamaican Jack know he was a target?" asked Tyriq..

"Somebody in his organization is a mole.."said Angie..
Duke looked at the dead Tony Fetters...

"Maybe it was him...he didn't count on this though.." he said..



"That's the only thing that makes sense.."said Carlotta..
''Hazel, release the body...I want this Duke Clarke in bracelets....ALL POINTS BULLETIN!!!!


He's killed 8 people in one night.."said Sissy..
''Come on Guys...Let's get these bodies out of here.."said Hazel.
Four bodies were carted off...It had been a bloody night...
For tonight...The carnage was over...



I sat in my office laughing my head off after I heard the late night news..."Multiple killing in Southwest Philadelphia apartment complex and another in North Philadelphia..Police seek suspect, Duke Clarke.

Duke Clarke had bitten off more than he could chew tonight...My plan was working...He'd either go home and abort this mission or he'd kill Flounder...

Either way, Pink was safe...

Actually...I was wrong ...Well Kinda sorta..

(CONCLUSION NEXT)



1 comment:

SLC said...

Everybody call on the Lawd when the bullets start flying lol