Monday, April 23, 2018

A Deadly Indescretion

PROLOUGE-

"Sea Biscuit...Come on man, you're drunk...eat some of this good food " say Attorney Ray St. Jacques..
as he chowed down on some good soul food in a small soul food joint near the airport....
"Ummmmmmmmm Ummmmmmmmm, Mabel Jenkins might have a run for her money....Good thing this place is halfway across town.." remarked the man known as Sea Biscuit..Real name Cornel Jones..
"Damn this food is good.." he said..
He quaffed down some beers....
and chowed down on the soul food with his good friend, Ray, his attorney...
''Sorry about your divorce man....At least you got to keep the house .." said Ray..
"It's all good man...screw her...Cheatin on me with that bastard..." he said..

''Forget it Sea Biscuit...Move on...There are a lot of babes out here..said Ray..

Across the room from them, The very beautiful Attorney and Former Judge,Patricia Reynolds was sitting at a corner table with a handsome young man....

"You know...You can tell a lot about a man by the way he eats his food.." she said...

"Is that right?" laughed the young man...

She reached under the table and unzippered his trousers....She ran her soft hands inside of his trousers and fondled his penis, which immediately got hard and large...
"Ouuuuu...the man moaned...

"Ouuuu, the size of your hands and feet told me that you were hung like a mule....I wasn't wrong...MYYYY goodness...ouuuuuuuuuuuuu...You're making my panties wet..." she said seductively...
He ran his hands up her skirt, rubbing her legs and palming her behind...

"Ouuuuuuuu ,nice and warmmmmmmmmmmmmm....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he said..

"You're very forward...." she said..

''So are you...What you say your name was...?" asked the man...

"Patty....Why don't you pay for your meal and uh let's get out of here? We can uh go to one of those motels across the street." she said..

''Check please..." he said.."Heh Heh Heh.."he laughed..

He paid his check and zippered his trousers up...

They walked toward the door...

He pulled Patricia to him and kissed her softly...
"Damn girl, if you can kiss like that...I know I'm in for a treat in the bed.." he said..

"That goes both ways.." she laughed...

Just then a loud voice boomed through the room..

"HEY MAN...THAT'S MY WIFE!!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" he yelled..  It was Judge Percy Reynold's ,Patricia's husband..

"PERCY??? What are you doing here??? You're a day early??" said a shocked Patricia...
"I BEEN STOPPIN IN HERE TO GET FOOD AFTER A BUSINESS TRIP FOR YEARS...ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'VE BEEN LATE OR FAILED TO PICK ME UP!!!" he yelled...
''Hey dude...I aint know this was your wife...She came on to me man.." said the young man...
"YOU SHUT UP...I OUGHT TO KNOCK YOUR HEAD OFF!" said Percy Reynolds who slugged the young man in the jaw ,knocking him backwards...

"Okay man...I suppose I deserve that...Like I said..I didn't know..."said the young man...

"PERCY PLEASE!!" said a frightened Patricia..

"SHUT UP...I'M GONNA HANDLE THIS GUY FIRST,THEN I'LL DEAL WITH YOU.."screamed an angry Judge Percy Reynolds...

''Heyyy old dude...You need to check yo wife man...Not me.."said the young man...
But Percy was furious...

"WHO YOU CALLIN OLD MAN??" he said and he slugged the young man again....

"Okay, that's the last lick I'm gonna take.." said the young man...
Percy went to slug him again...
But the young man blocked his punch and landed several lefts and rights to Percy's face, slamming him against the wall..
"Stop fighting please.!!!..Somebody do something please!!!"screamed Patricia....but most of the patrons just observed what they saw as a good fight...

"I-I-I know that guy...."said Sea Biscuit...laughing..


"Judge Reynolds??" asked Ray...

"No, the  guy he's fighting...Campbell...His name is Carlton Campbell....That's the dude that was sleeping with my wife...!!" he said..

The younger man hit Judge Reynolds so hard he went flying through the door...out into the street...
but the Judge was no slouch...As soon as the young man came outside...It was his turn...He landed..10 lefts and rights to the young guys mid-section...Then an uppercut that damn near took his head off and 10 more lefts and rights to his face...The young man spun and fell up against the wall...

He laughed as blood trickled down his face from his nose and his lips...

"You pretty good with your hands oldhead.." he snarled..

"I used to box...I fought heavyweights, I can handle you.."said Percy Reynolds..
 "Sure you did old man...I didn't want to do this, but I'm gonna whip your old ass." said the younger man...
  The younger man was a little out of shape, but in shape enough to land 15 lefts and rights to the Judges mid-section and 15 lefts and rights to his face and one punishing blow that sent the old Judge on to the hood of his own car and down into the street.....

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh lawdd!" moaned Judge Reynolds...he had indeed boxed in his younger days...It had been years since he'd been in a scrap like this...

''Had enough Old School...I didn't want to hurt you...but you gave me no choice...Check you wife..Not me.."he said..

"PLEASE STOP..STOP..YOU'LL KILL MY HUSBAND!!STOPPP!"  yelled Patricia...

But Percy was on his feet...

"I aint beaten yet..." he said,spitting blood...His face swollen...He charged Carlton..

''Old head is gonna whip your young light skinned ass.." he snarled..

He landed..10 lefts and rights to the young guys mid-section...Then another uppercut that damn near took his head off and 10 more lefts and rights to his face...

Carlton was hurt and he knew it...This old man had fists like a mule..
The younger man was surprisingly hurt and dazed......

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned and began vomiting..He had been drinking...and was not a trained boxer...

He tried to swing, but the old Judge blocked his punch... and began to land 15 lefts and rights to the young man's mid-section and 15 lefts and rights to his face and one punishing blow that spun him around and sent him into the wall...

He was shocked that this old man not only fought so well ,but had managed to survive the punches he had landed on him earlier...He thought for sure he had settled the matter...

Judge Reynolds hit him several more times in his face...The young man , who's face was as bloody as the judges ,fell to the ground...He was done for the night...

The Judge kicked him in the side...

"Ugggggggggggggggghhh.." he groaned..and rolled over on his back...He attempted to get up...but fell down twice..He turned and got on his hands and knees...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he moaned...

"Whose Old ass were you going to kick? Huh?"  said the Judge...

The younger man groaned..."Ugggggggggggggggghhh.." He groaned some more..and rolled over on his back...He attempted to get up again...but fell down twice..He turned and got on his hands and knees...

He didn't want any more of this old man.....

''Percy!!!!Don't hit him anymore..He's had enough!!!You'll kill him..PERCY PLEASE! yelled Patricia..

"GET IN THAT GOTDAMN CAR AND SHUT UP!  I AINT GONE KILL HIM...KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY WIFE!" said Judge Reynolds one last time to Carlton..He then put Patricia in his car...He got in and drove off...
The younger man,Carlton Campbell was on his hands and knees, breathing heavy....Then he collapsed in his own blood and vomit...
The crowd dissapated...Ray grabbed Sea Biscuit, who was laughing...

"Man,I was lookin for you...What are you doin out here watching this?" he asked..

"That old Judge kicked his ass...I enjoyed seeing that,..Son of a bitch was sleeping with my wife in my house...and when I walked in on them...He pulled a gun on me..Made me leave...I'm glad somebody kicked his ass...I'm gladd!" screamed Sea Biscuit..

''Come on man..I paid the tab...Let's get out of here..." said Ray...who was full and a little tipsy himself....
A little while later...

Police were called ...The young man,Carlton Campbell was discovered dead!!!

Forensic Investigator and Coroner, Dr. Hazel Baylor was examining the body...

Unfortunate for her, Lt. Tragg was on the scene...The lead Investigator...Like her friends..She hated working with him...

"What'cha got Dr. Baylor?" he asked looking at the body...
"His name is Carlton Campbell....Looks like blunt force trauma to the head...Witnesses say he was in a fist fight.." said Hazel..."I'll know more when I get him to the morgue.." she said.
"I'm hearing that he was fighting Judge Percy Reynolds!!!!They said this guy was making a pass at his wife..I-I don't want to believe the Judge did this...but I uh..I've got to go and talk to him." said Lt. Tragg.
''Wow...Judge Reynolds??" said Hazel.




II-
Olivia and I were kissing passionately in our office...
"Ummmmmmmm, oh girl...."I moaned...
"You have the softest lips..."I said to her...I'm Donnie Ray Alexander, In House Investigator for my wife, Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander's law firm...

"Ummmm yours aren't so bad either...but we've got to stop this dear husband before we get too excited..The kids will be back soon...." said Olivia..

By the "kids" she meant her recently married niece and Partner in the firm-
Attorney Beverly West- East and our Para legal-

Josie Boyd...

They make up our law firm....


We had come off of a big case and the wedding of our two friends, Zoey Easter and Lem Anderson...
Things had been quiet around the Duplex/Office we called home for close to a week...Nobody had any major casework...But today, that was about to change...

Olivia and I stopped kissing...She was right...I was close to taking her upstairs to our floor and closing the door and making sweet love to her the rest of the afternoon....
 "Hey Guys...We are back!" said Beverly...
 "And with food.."said Josie, smiling...


Beverly and Josie returned with our platters from Mabel Jenkins's Soul Food Joint..
"You remembered to get an extra platter for Nelson didn't you?" asked Olivia...
"Of course....He should be here shortly...He had a court appearence today..."said Beverly...

As if on cue...Her husband, Attorney Nelson East walked into our office..

"Heyyy Guys.." he said..
He kissed Beverly....
''Sit down baby...We were just getting ready to have lunch...I got you a platter.."said Beverly...
who sat his food in front of him...
"You won't believe this...Judge Percy Reynolds has been arrested and charged with manslaughter!" said Nelson..

 "WHAT?" said Olivia..
"YOU'RE KIDDING!" I said..

''We just tried a case in front of him...."said Beverly...
"Apparently...Some guy was flirting with or touching his wife inappropriately and he saw it and beat the guy to death in a fight..." said Nelson...
''Oh My God!!!...Patricia..What is wrong with her?? First Ricky Beavers...Then she was caught with former ASA Eric Beckett..and now this...She has driven her husband mad with jealousy...I never knew she was like this..She was always so no nonsense , so professional..."said Olivia..

Neither I or Nelson ever told her ,Beverly and Josie what Lem

had told us about the days before his wedding when

Patricia made a pass at him and asked him to spend the night with her in a hotel...I wondered if she was leading this man on and got caught by her husband?
"She was very professional...I clerked for her , right out of law school before I came to work at the Public Defender's Office.." said Beverly...
''Well I suppose we've all seen just one side of her...She obviously has another side.."said Nelson..

"You think she might be a nympho?" asked Josie...

''Guys...We are all talking about her...Judge Reynolds is the one accused of murder or rather manslaughter..He's the real victim here..." said Olivia..
For the moment...It wasn't our problem...but it would  be soon..

III-
We had just finished eating ,and cleaning up, when we got a visitor!!
"Olivia, Beverly...Nice place you got here..I'm impressed..."said Patricia Reynolds...

"Is this a social visit?" asked Olivia...I'm sure she knew exactly what this was...

Beverly smiled slyly...
I must admit, I did too..
"I wish it was....Livy...I'm at my wits end...My husband...Percy....He's been arrested and charged with Manslaughter..I'm going to pay his bail tomorrow...I want you to go with me...I need you and Bev and your team to represent him...He's innocent!"said Patricia..


''Is he?" asked Olivia..
"Olivia...I know you've seen me on television...My uh indescretion with ASA Beckett...but , but..My husband is innocent..That man was alive when we left...I swear..." said Patricia..
''You're a pretty decent Attorney...Why can't you represent him?" asked Olivia.
''Well for one thing...I'm a material witness...another thing...I'm too close to the case...He's my husband and another thing...He doesn't want me anywhere near his case...He asked for you two...He specifically asked for you two...He's a little cross with me right now.."said Patricia..

''I can't imagine why." said Beverly under her breath...I looked at her and smiled...
Josie smiled too!..
''What happened Patty?" asked Olivia.
"I was at this soul food place....Halfway across town...In Eastwick of all places...Near the Airport...And this young man and I were just having casual conversation...He was a gentlemen and he paid for my meal and drinks...He offered to walk me to my car....Percy saw us...He was furious...He's so jealous anyway...He, He and the young man had words...Words which led to a fist fight.." said Patricia..

"And he beat this man to death?" I asked..
"Percy was a Light Heavyweight Boxer when he was in the Navy, He was pretty good too..His record was 56-5....He went to Law school on the G.I. Bill...This young guy was younger and stronger...but he had been drinking...Percy works out and for a man his age, he's in pretty good shape..He beat this guy to a bloody pulp, but when we left the man was on his hands and knees, spitting blood...he was alive..."said Patricia..
"He could have still died from his injuries in the beating...but an autopsy will tell me that...I'll try and get police scene photos...and a report...Who was the detective on the scene?" I asked..

''Arthur Tragg and worse...ADA Rockland Cambridge is prosecuting..." said Patricia ,who hung her head down and sighed..




Olivia, Beverly and Nelson looked at each other upon hearing those two names and collectively went-

"OHHHHHHHHHHH HELLL!!!"

''Nelson, you want in on this?  I could use an extra hand.."said Olivia almost pleadingly...
"I was gonna lie and say I had a case pending, but I don't...And besides...You're my family now...How could I say no?  I'm in.."said Nelson...
"Yayyyyyyyyy!! we get to work together..." said Beverly...

''Wow! I think I'm gonna go pack an overnight bag..."said Josie..
"Yup...Looks like you're our guest again Jo...We are going to have sooo much fun.."said Beverly...
"Thank You Liv...Thank you so much...Tragg may be a butt head..but Rockland Cambridge is certainly not..He seldom loses a case and you two are the only ones who can tie a knot in his tail..." said Patricia..
"Patricia...Why didn't you just divorce Percy several years ago when you had the chance? You don't love him...He's 23 years your senior...You've slept with Pretty Ricky Beavers for years...and then that thing with Assistant States Attorney Eric Beckett.....And don't tell me that you and this guy were just talking...It had to be more than that...A man is dead...." said Olivia..

"Liv, you can't begin to understand...You think you know...but you don't...Percy is insanely jealous...And always has been...but the bottom line is , he didn't kill that man...That man was alive when we left...I saw him get up on his hands and knees..I swear ,I saw him up.." said Patricia.
''So you think someone else killed him?" asked Beverly..
"I don't know...I don't know..I just know Percy didn't kill him..."said Patricia..
''Mam, he might not have intended to kill him..but after a big street fight like that...That guy could have sustained injuries to his head...He may have been on all fours when you left him, but he could have died later from injuries sustained in a beating.."said Nelson softly...

"MY HUSBAND DIDN'T KILL HIM!!!!...I'M TELLING YOU HE DIDN'T!" she yelled..

"Hey, Hey, Heyyyy, He was just making a point..A valid point.."said Beverly, coming to her new husband's defense...
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry for raising my voice....I'm just at my wits end right now...I'll go...Liv..I'll see you and your team in courtroom D tomorrow at 10:00 am tomorrow.." said Patricia.
"Okay Patty, get yourself some rest..." said Olivia...
"Thank you again Olivia...and Beverly...I'm sorry for yelling at your husband....Nelson, I'm sorry for yelling at you.." she said and rushed out...
"Well ,I'll have to talk to Hazel..See the coroner's report...Getting the police reports from Tragg will take a court order and I sure don't feel like doing that.."I sighed..

"Nelson's right Auntay...He may have been alive when they left and collapsed later on...depending on how severe the beating was..."said Beverly..

"We need to talk to some eyewitnesses who were at the place when it jumped off...who actually saw the fight.."I said...
"Why don't you work on that honey bunny...Beverly, Josie ,Nelson and I will visit Judge Reynolds tomorrow at his bail hearing.." said Olivia..
"Auntay...What do you think? You think he killed this guy?" asked Beverly...

"Honestly...I think he did...but he didn't mean to, There was no intent...Like Nelson and Donnie Ray said..He may have been alive when they left, but been beat so bad..He died later of internal injuries..Head trauma..." said Olivia..
"Besides, what reason would anybody else have to kill him?"asked Nelson..
An interesting question...And one I at least had to look at...

(TO BE CONTINUED)


10 comments:

Angie B. said...

Damn this woman is hot in the tail...Now she done got her husband jammed up on a murder rap@!

Toni said...

Un believable....She got Her poor Husband jammed up.....Somehow I don't think he killed this guy there has got to be a twist..

Sunflower said...

This is Escapades...Definitely a twist!

Lisa said...

Liv thinks the Judge is guilty...but with circumstances...I'm thinking Donnie Ray is thinking and will prove different..

Halo said...

The guy was beat up pretty badly...but he was semi conscious...What if somebody else struck him in the head....That might have finished him!

Vanessa said...

I'm betting that's what killed him!

Rita said...

It certainly looks like the guy died from the beating he took...but the Judge was pretty badly beaten up too! Nooo I think somebody else killed him...That has to be it!

Cheryl said...

This is Escapades...This is Keith !!Definitely a twist!

Brenda said...

Well at any rate...we are hours from the next installment!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Yeah, even I'm waiting for what happens next!