Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Sea Biscuit

The next morning, we had all assembled in the conference room , when the door bell rung!

''Wow this is getting to be a thing around here.." he remarked..Still a little stung from all of the interruptions the night before..
"Hush Up...I made up for it, didn't I?" asked Beverly...

"YES LAWD!  You certainly did!" said Nelson...
Still remembering the good loving he and Beverly made afterwords, for hours......

"I don't care who rings that doorbell...We aren't stopping.." she said..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lawwwwdddd!" Nelson moaned in agreement...

Beverly giggled..Thinking about it...and how good she felt...

Olivia got the door...It was Kayla and Ray..
''Hiiiii, We wanted to make it up to you all for last night...Thank you for taking me in, Sorry about waking you all up...So we thought we'd bring this by as a token of our appreciation for you guys being in our lives.."said Kayla, who presented us with a dozen doughnuts...
and a box of freshly brewed coffees...
of all types...
"Heyyyy you're forgiven for whatever.."I said..

"Oh Hush up Donnie Ray..."laughed Olivia..who was no slouch either last night and early this morning..
It was almost as if she felt it was her duty to make it up to me...after the many interruptions..
She made it up to me both in bed and in the shower....Olivia left me spent and very satisfied..

''Kayla and Ray were over last night?" asked Josie, who was oblivious to the night's goings on once she and Paris settled in..
"These Doughnuts and this coffee is fresh from Cakeman Raven's joint..."added Ray..

 "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." cooed Beverly...
"NICEEE!" said Olivia..

"Like Donnie Ray said...All is forgiven ." joked Nelson as we sat down at our conference room table..
and had a continental breakfast of


Freshly baked Doughnuts, Coffee, water and fruits...




II-
"You didn't have to do this...We are all family..Lord knows Kayla..You and Bev took me in many times, when I was married to Elwood and left him in the middle of the night.."said Olivia.

''We sure did...but that's water under the bridge now.."said Beverly...
''When I moved to Atlanta, I used to worry about you being with him Cousin Liv,so glad you met Donnie Ray.."said Kayla..
Nelson and I
were busy eating doughnuts....we paid the conversation no mind...
"Uh Donnie Ray, you wanted to talk to me about that fight at the roadhouse...?" asked Ray...

"Yeah, you witnessed it..What happened..?" I asked..

''Well, like I told you...I was pretty tore up..Me and my client, Sea Biscuit

 had just finished a court case..."said Ray....
 ''Sea Biscuit??You Repped him??" asked Olivia,laughing..
 "Oh My God, Cornel "Sea Biscuit "Jones??" laughed Beverly...
"Dang...I thought he was in jail.."laughed Nelson...

"Okayyyyyyyyyy despite the weird name...I take it you guys know this Sea Biscuit person..." I said..

''We've all represented him a time or two when we were public defenders.." said Olivia.
''We kept him out of jail...He was a punk, career criminal.."said Beverly..
''Yeah...We all repped him....I thought his luck went bad, Hadn't heard from him in years..."said Nelson..
"Actually Sea Biscuit got his act together...Got his GED...Went to community college, graduated with an associate's degree and got somebody to loan him some money and he started a business...He's a contractor...Has a crew of skilled plumbers, electricians,cement and brick layers, carpenters...the works ...working for him....He's been good for awhile...Even got married.." said Ray..

"Married? Sea Biscuit?" said Beverly...

''Wow!"said Nelson, laughing...
"Well good for him, because lord knows..I kept him out of jail a number of times for robbery, petty theft, burglary, assault.." said Olivia..

"You? Me too...A couple of possession with intent to distribute charges too!..." said Beverly...

''Well at least he got himself together..before he wound up doing serious time....He got any kids?" asked Nelson..

"Nooo that's just it...His marriage fell apart...I was representing him in his divorce settlement...He kept the house and his car..There were no children, so he only had to pay her a lump sum of money.."said Ray...

"I take it this guy cheated on his wife?" said Kayla..
"No..She cheated on him and get this...With the same guy Judge Reynolds is accused of killing...Carlton Campbell.
Apparently this guy was in there too...He had his hand up Mrs. Reynold's skirt...

Had the back of her exposed...I mean we all got a good look....Not that uh I was looking...I was too drunk,Like I said.."said Ray...




Kayla, Olivia, Beverly and Josie gave him the side eye....


Nelson and I cracked up laughing....
''Anyway..she acted like she didn't mind..She didn't remove his hands..She just laughed..

He pulled her to him and kissed her in the lips..She didn't resist...I was at the counter ordering something, I forget...

But Judge Reynolds walked in...He must have recognized Sea Biscuit because they talked for a few minutes,then he turned and saw Mr. Campbell with his hand up his wife's dress and kissing her...and he lost it..

What followed next was a battle royal...I mean they were throwing down...I didn't realize old Judge Reynolds was so good with his hands..I mean, the young bull knocked him around at first, but then he started giving it to him ,I mean really puttin a whippin on him...

Mrs. Reynolds was screaming for someone to break it up, but those yokels in that joint was enjoying the most entertainment they'd had in ages..."said Ray...

''So it wasn't a one way fight?"I asked.
"Oh Noooo that young dude hit Judge Reynolds and knocked him through the door out into the street and I thought it was all over...But Old Reynolds got up and put it to him..He punished my man's mid section..I mean you could hear the punches...but the young bull put somethin on him too, knocked him on the hood of his car and into the street...

Again...I thought the fight was over..but Old Reynolds...He got up...Both guys were bleeding like a stuck pig, but Reynolds came at him and put a good whippin on him and knocked him down...

Dude had had enough...Mrs. Reynolds got in between him and pleaded with her husband not to hit him again.." said Ray..

''Did he?" asked Olivia.
"Nahhhh, he aint hit him no more...

Dude tried to get up two times, then fell on his back, then rolled over and was on his hands and knees throwing up..The Judge tossed his wife into her car and the two of them drove off..." said Ray...
''So he was alive and conscious?" said Beverly..
"Yeah, when they left....The crowd all walked back in ..I mean the fight was over....All except Sea Biscuit...he was still out there...I went and grabbed him...
He was laughing his ass off..He said this guy was in the bed with his wife and he walked in on both of them and this guy pulled a gun on him off the night stand and made him leave until he was finished.."said Ray..



Beverly, Kayla and Josie cracked up laughing....

"That's not funny...That's humiliating..."I said...
"I hate to demonize the victim, but he doesn't sound like he was very nice.." said Olivia..

"According to what I heard...He wasn't one to trust your woman around and he was a bully at that...Yeah, Sea Biscuit enjoyed the whole thing...He said the Judge gave him what he deserved...He was tickled pink...

I told him to get inside and let's get out of here...I was sure somebody had called the cops..We both left...."said Ray...
"So when you and Sea Biscuit left...Where was the victim?" asked Nelson...

''He was lying in front of the joint...I assume he was sleeping it off."said Ray...
"Or he was already dead..."I said.. ''What's this guy's real name and do you have a government address?" I asked.

"His name is Cornel, Cornel Jones and I do have an address and phone number...I'll write it down for you.."said Ray...

''I need to talk to him as a witness..."I said.

III-
I took Beverly with me to Big Rig's.....It was packed...And the food looked and smelled good..

"This place might give Mabel Jenkins and her sisters a run for their money.."I said smiling..

''Yeah and this place serves Beer and Wine..It has a slight advantage."said Beverly..

We talked to the Manager and one of the cashier's who was working that night..They basically repeated the same story that Ray and Judge Reynolds had told us...and that Patricia had left out about the victim having his hand up her skirt and the two of them kissing passionately..
"Can I see your camera footage from that night?" I asked..

"Yeah, be my guest..Cully take Mr. Alexander and Mrs. East upstairs.." he said..

Beverly hugged me..

"Wow Donnie Ray...That sounds so weird, Mrs. East...I'm really married now.." she said.

"Yes Shortcake, you're married now..Happily Married.."I said and hugged her and kissed her forehead..

"Yupper!" she said...she was so cute!

We saw the fight footage...This was a classic knock down, drag out fight...If it hadn't ended so tragically...It would have been a classic fight...

Out on the street..I looked around....

"That footage from in there tells us nothing we didn't already know Shortcake..."I said..

Beverly looked up..

"The street cam is broke...I wonder how long it's been broke?" Beverly mused..

"Hmmm, I don't know...but I'd love to see or know what transpired out here.." I said.."The answer is out here.." I said..

IV-
At home, Olivia ,Nelson and Josie were pouring through law books and making phone calls..Calling noted Psychologists and working on a trial strategy...

"We are going to argue Diminished Capacity...We are going to say due to his wife's past indescretions and his public humiliation.....The Judge was enraged to the point of temporary insanity.."said Olivia..

''We could argue that there was no clear rational intent to kill.."said Josie..
"Yeah, Jo ,but that's a slippery slope, arguing that alongside diminished capacity.."said Nelson...

''Why Not Nelson? The Judge is an otherwise law abiding citizen..Who was driven to the edge of his wits by his wife's cheating.." said Olivia..
 Beverly and I returned just then...
''We learned nothing we didn't already know...Tomorrow I'm going to the M.E.'s office and to talk to this Sea Biscuit charactor..I'm also going to take a look at out victim..."I said..

''Good stuff...Let's call it a day guys...Anybody want to go out for drinks?" asked Olivia..

"Let's go to Josie's....Hey where is Kayla and Ray?" asked Beverly...
"They went home..." said Josie...

V-
"Ray, why are you staring at me?" asked Kayla...

"I'm just noticing how sexy you are.."said Ray...

''Ohhh you just noticing it..We've only been together two years.."said Kayla..

''Come here...Let's not fight..." he said..
He kissed Kayla softly....then passionately,like he was trying to suck the life out of her lips...
"What's gotten into you?" she asked softly.....
"You!....." he said softly.....

He took Kayla's dress off....and uhooked her bra....She didn't protest or say anymore...

She took his shirt off and unhooked his trousers....He stepped out of them...

He lifted her up and entered her slowly..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmph....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....Ouuuu Ray" she moaned silently...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu babyyyyyyyyy..." he said...

  They hadn't had sex in two weeks...She was good and horny....So was Ray...

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Kayla...babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" he sighed...in between kisses and strokes..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Ray...yesssssssssssssssssssss...yessss baby yessss....ummmmmmmmmmmm...." she cooed...

He tossed Kayla on the bed and devoured her....in every way possible.....

Seeing her cousins, Beverly and Olivia


 in their night clothes had turned him on ,the night before..... It made him long for Kayla even more...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmph, ouuuuu girl.." he moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Ray...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned...

as their bed squeaked and moved from side to side...Their headboard ,rattling......
SEVEN TO EIGHT HOURS of hot sweaty ,emotional lovemaking slowly slipped by......
The five of us went to Josies for drinks...





Tomorrow was the first preliminary hearing...None of us wanted to discuss it..Tonight , we sat quietly and drank!

(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments: