Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Partners

A very shapely and attractive Black woman with a close haircut appeared in the garage....She showed her gold shield
and her identification...

Detective Temya Green, Special Victims Unit...Philadelphia Police Department...

I had to admit...She was hot...I was just imagining her and Monica as partners....I know they both had heads turning...

"Hi...I'm Detective Nate Nellis, Homicide....and you know Detective White..."I said..

"Yes...I do...Kylie and I were in Homicide together..." she said..

"Hi Temya..."said Kylie..

'So ,uh, this is your car..." I said..

looking at the car...

"Yes it is....You're the Detectives who caught the case huh?   Who is the primary?" she asked..

"My wife...She'll be here shortly..."I said..

"Mmmmm you're married to your partner huh? Nice!!!  " she said and smiled... "I thought Kylie was your partner.." she said..

"Kylie is working the case with us.."I said...
Monica waked in just then....

"TEMYA?" she said...

"MONICA???  You, you're the primary?" she asked..shocked..

"Yeah...." she said..

"So this is your uh HUSBAND?" she said looking at me...

''Yes...We've been partners for three years...Married for two..."said Monica..
She looked kind of disappointed....The way a guy might look if he ran into an old girlfriend and discovered she was married....

"Oh.....Well....Congratulations are in order...You look like you two are happy..."she said with a weak smile...

''We are!!" said Monica practically gushing..She put her arms around me...

This was a very awkward moment...For everybody involved....

''So...Ugh....This was your uh car....And I take it you knew the victim? "I said..

"Knew Her? She was my lover.....Veronica   Scharwb and I had been off and on for three years...We were at the time of her uh death involved in a bit of a triangle...Her uh estranged husband...wanted her back..She was torn between going back to him and committing to me..Before you ask...He's not your killer...When I learned Ronnie was dead...He was the first person I checked out...He's got a stone cold alibi.but you can check it out...." said Temya...

"Temya, I have to ask...Where were you?  I have to ask!" said Monica almost apologetically...

"Monica....I'm a detective like you...I understand...I was in a Cyber Cafe until midnight....Ronnie was supposed to pick me up at eleven......but she never showed up...Here is the address, I'm sure I'm on the camera there....You can check my phone against hers...Several calls.." said Temya...
"My sister pinpointed the time of death as being between 11:30 pm and 1:00 am "said Monica..

"Your sister?" asked Temya..

"I told you I was a twin Temya....She was in Med school when we were in Homicide...She's now the Chief Medical Examiner for Philadelphia County....Dr. Monique Cotton...She's married to Lou.." said Monica..

"Pretty Boy, Frankie Cotton Jr....He married your twin sister...huh? Wowwwwwwwwwww!   I often thought he wanted you.....I hated him, when I was in Homicide....And I'm sure there was no love lost there either..." said Temya...

"No Temya....Our Lieutenant isn't like that....You stop by......Visit us.."said Monica..
"I guess I have to....I may have some pertinent information..."said Temya...

II-
Temya rode back with us in my flying car....She was impressed...

"Monica, your boyfriend's flying car is nice....I'm impressed...I know this isn't police issue.." she said,laughing...
"He's my husband Temya.." said Monica...


"That's right...You two are married...Sorry...Just a slip of the tongue..." said Temya...
"I bought it in the police auction....It belonged to a deceased suspect..." I said.
"Your husband is resourceful too! I like that!" said Temya...
Monica smiled and leaned up against me, holding my free arm...

"Yes, he is....all of that!" she said..

 The Rest of the ride was quiet and uneventful....

Once back in the squad room, Temya looked around....

"Myyyy goodness...Nothing has changed....It looks the same...Even smells the same..." said Temya..

"Detective Green...How are you?" said Lt. Cotton....
"I've been better.....That was my car...That your victim was found in...." she said..

"I was uh down in Special Victims Unit....I understand that was your girlfriend...Ms. Veronica   Scharwb..." said Lt. Cotton..

"You are if nothing else...thorough Lieutenant...." said Temya Green...
"You said you had something that could help with the investigation?" asked Monica..

"Yes..." said Temya who produced a GPS tracking device...
I had this on her car....So we can track where she was at all times that night...I'm certain whoever killed her doesn't know that...So we can track where she ran into him..." said Temya...

'We know that every one of those cars had car trouble...causing them to have to stop and need assistance...Whoever our killer was he seemed to show up at just the right time, One witness who passed by one said it seemed as if her car just stopped on the road...So four of our victims were somewhere where they had to ask for assistance..."I said..

Temya looked at me and smiled..

"Monica, I like your husband...He's smart, has good instincts....I can see why you like him as a partner..He compliments you well.." she said..

''He is smart...and he does have good instincts...That's why I've always respected him as a partner..." said Monica..

"How long had I been gone before he became your partner...?" she asked..

"Temya don't.....but if you must know...about a year....When you left...You told a lot of people I was a mutant...A lot of people shunned me...I never confirmed nor denied it...Then Nate came...From the very unit you're in, and I just told him I was a mutant to get it out of the way and he didn't freak out...He stayed..."said Monica..

"I know why he stayed...He wanted to hit that thang.....Didn't you Nate?" said Temya...

I said nothing...I was very uncomfortable...

"Hey why don't you give me that GPS Unit and let me see if I can track the car's movements..."said Kylie ,trying to break up the obvious tension...
 "Temya...I had to be true to myself...I'm not Gay....I'm not Bi.....Nothing was ever going to happen between us like that...."said Monica...

''Fair enough....but I would have kept my feelings hidden....You knew how I felt and I didn't have the privacy that any regular person would have had.." said Temya...
"Detective Green....Your Lieutenant has assigned you to us temporarily until this case is cracked...Do you think you can uh work with us?" asked Lieutenant Cotton..who had just come out of his office...He missed all of the back and forth between them...

''Sure?  Why Not...We are all adults?"" she smirked..  "Partner me with Kylie.." she demanded..

"Yeah that's cool..."said Kylie..Who understood that Temya was hurt and demanded to be partnered with her kind of a way to slam Monica...




III-
 "NO, NEVER!" said Monica..to me as we sat in the breakroom..
"What?" I said, smiling...


"I know what you must be thinking...If Temya and I ever kissed or had a sexual relationship???...The answer is no...We were partners for two years...We cracked a lot of murder cases...And at first, we were cool....but then I began to notice and feel different vibes from her...Like when we were in the dressing room, changing clothes...." said Monica..


"Yeah? Yeah...Go On!!" I said..


"You are such a horn dog!"laughed Monica...  "She was getting aroused....Like you might get if you were in the ladies dressing room with me when I was changing clothes, Hell the way you get at home now when I'm changing in front of you.......I could feel it...and it was very uncomfortable..and her thoughts about me could rival any of yours when we first met.." said Monica...


"You didn't know she was a Lesbian?" I asked..


"Not at first...We never talked about it....I had come off of two break ups...With that Asshole FBI Agent and with Bobby, the Robbery Detective...I was pretty down on men about that time...And she used to comfort me...bring me nice things...It was then that I was feeling the vibes...I noticed that she never talked about guys...And that she was always alone...Gradually as her thoughts and feelings became more prevalent ,I began to suspect that she had a crush on me...Worse..She was in love with me.." said Monica..


''She probably would have kept her feelings secret...Had you not confronted her" I said softly.
"That's the curse of knowing how everybody around you truly feels and is thinking all the time..Maybe I might have suspected and wouldn't have known for sure...but I knew and I confronted her and then I told her how I knew...That I was a Mutant....who could hear people's thoughts and feel their emotions."
Temya flipped out.....We cracked one more case....And she asked for a transfer.....And she told a lot of people my secret....I never confirmed nor denied it....I was hurt too...I told them she was gay and just angry because I didn't swing that way...We both could have handled this better., more mature!..We had been good friends..."lamented Monica.
''We gotta work this case together..." said Monica..

"You gonna be able to handle this?" I asked..."This working arrangement??.." I asked...

"Nate...You know me well enough to know that I'm a professional,if nothing else...Yeah I can handle it...I just want this woman killing freak off of the streets...." said Monica...

IV-
Detective Kylie White took Detective Temya Green to the M.E.'s Office to view and positively identify the body of her former lover...Veronica Schwab...
She took one look at Monique and was stunned as well as very aroused...

"Hello, I'm Dr. Monique Cotton...I can take you to the body..." said Monique..

Temya was all smiles...

"WOW!" she said.. "I wouldn't mind seeing yours.." she thought!

But she said...''Some Body!"

''Excuse me..?" asked Monique..
"I'm sorry, You're Monica's twin sister...Monique....I'm Detective Temya Green....Monica and I used to be partners....She told me she had a twin...but I never met you ...Looking at you is like looking into a mirror...My goodness.."said Temya...

"We get that a lot...We are identical except for our hair..."said Monique, smiling...

"Monica and I were very close...I know she's a mutant...Are you a mutant also?" asked Temya...

"I'm afraid not....I'm just a boring old regular human being..." said Monique with a smile..
''So am I...Nothing wrong with that...Nothing wrong with that at all..."said Temya.
"There is the body over there Temya..." said Kylie softly....

Temya walked over and looked at Veronica's body....except for her neck...her body was in perfect shape...

It was then she broke down and began crying......Weeping uncontrollably....
Monique looked at Kylie...

"I take it they were very close..."

"They were lovers!" said Kylie..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." said Monique...  "I don't have the heart to tell her that the victim's uh estranged husband has already been here with a funeral director and claimed the body..."said Monique...

''Don't...Not now...It's uh complicated.." said Kylie..

(TO BE CONTINUED)






9 comments:

Toni said...

I read yesterday and todays installments this morning...This sounds good!

Angie B. said...

As usual, the back story is more interesting than the case...

Sunflower said...

This drama between Monica and Temya is very interesting!

Lisa said...

Glad to see a look at who Monica was before we met her...Need to see Who Nate was too!

Halo said...

I like Temya...Please don't kill her off or make her the killer.

Vanessa said...

I'm liking this, just read Yesterday's and this morning's installment... #Team Temya.

Rita said...

Temya is intruiging in a girl crush kind of way...

Brenda said...

I must say I like this premise...A Terrifying Serial Killer on the loose...And Monica's ex partner...A Beautiful Lesbian is on the case...Her girlfriend, being the last victim....Secrets, Old feelings left unreconcied and a Serial Killer who is terrifying the city...What's not to love about this???

Cheryl said...

ESCAPADES is my guilty pleasure...Love it!