Friday, April 13, 2018

Daydream


I stared at my wife, Sepia.. I stared at my daughter, Kimberly...Our daughter..

''Why are you staring at me like that?" asked Sepia...

''I was just thinking...Thinking about us...I have a flourishing business..and I'm a successful Private Investigator..All because of you...Had I not met you...Who knows how my life might have went.."I mused..

''Baby,if not for you...I would have been homeless...You took me in....You gave me a roof over my head..paid for my education...Helped me get my business started....Married me and most important...gave me Kimmie cakes ,who I love to the moon...If I hadn't met you , where would my life be?" said Sepia..

''We were good for each other.." I said.
''Oh Most definitely..." said Sepia..."I love you to the moon and back..." she said..

"I love you too baby..."I said..

2008- October..
When I got home, Sepia was up and dressed. We sat at my kitchen table and ate the donuts and drank the coffee.. I turned on some music...Miles Davis, Sketches of Spain...My Uncle gave me the original record before he died...I had since bought the CD and downloaded it on my IPOD.
It was still timeless music...
.
"Miles Davis? You are so deep Kevin...I like that about you." Said Sepia.
"So are you..you have a great knowledge of music....I like that about you." I replied being surprised that a girl her age would have even of heard of Miles Davis.

"So what will you do now?" I asked, Wishing and hoping secretly that she'd stay.

" I don't know...I don't have anyone in West Orange, I lost my apartment and I forgot to register for school...I'm kind of ass out now.." said Sepia.. "And I hate my job as you know from reading my blog.
I might just want to start over again...a new city,a new job...you know?"she said..



"Got any ideas of where this transformation might take place ?" I laughed...


Sepia sat quiet for awhile, then she sighed-

"Hmmmmmmm, maybe a big city on the East Coast."she said and smiled..



"Oh, New York, right?"I said, hanging my head..No way Philly could compete with the Big Apple.


"Nah, New York is great, but a little too busy for my new tastes." She said.

 "Oh ,your new tastes" I said.

"Yeah" she giggled..."I was thinking of a smaller city,a city of Brotherly love." she said...

''Why don't you stay with me?" I asked..
''With you?  I couldn't put you out like that..." she said..

''Sepia , you have no money, you have no place to go... Stay here with me...Until you get a job or something...at least...I could use the company...I'm lonely in this house..."I said..

''Ohhhh you want to shack right?" said Sepia..
"I want you to be my girl...I like you and, and I think you like me and..." I said..

"And you want to shack?" she said and giggled... "Okay...but if you get tired of me...please give me three weeks notice..." she said..

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of you..."I said..

"I don't think you will either..." she said..

and we kissed passionately right in my living room...She never left and a year later...We were married!




II-

That should be the end of this story....Instead it was just a prolouge...

Rhett Jano was released from jail this morning...He hired a public defender and he was able to pay his bail...Apparently, he had a little money...

His Lawyer met him in the parking lot and drove him downtown....He was staying in a hotel down there...

He shaved and showered and had breakfast....He had a to do list...Find Cock Robbins and try to find Frankie Fallon...He had his cut of the money and he meant to have it...
He had another gun in hotel room...He would use it if he had to...He was convinced that Sepia and I had no knowledge of the heist or any of the money...
He got n his car and drove on... He was looking for Cock Robbins...

Unknown to him....Cock Robbins and his wife Vanessa, had got in their car and headed to Ocean City, Maryland for a few days...

He dropped by the high school and was told that Cock Robbins was out of town for a few days...He stopped by Cock Robbins house...It was empty..

He was furious...

III-
I sat with my good friend, Lt. Sissy Van Buren at police headquarters...

We were both enjoying a cup of coffee in the breakroom...


''So Kevin, what can I do for you?" asked Sissy...


"Police arrested a guy a few nights ago...A Rhett Jano from Jersey City...on a gun charge..."I said


"Okay...I'm not even going to ask how you know this.." she said and smiled..


"I made the call....I'm guessing the gun you took off of him is still in evidence right?" I asked..

"He hasn't claimed it yet...." said Sissy..

''Run a check on that gun....See if it's uh related to any crimes anywhere, like in Jersey City or West Orange...I have a hunch it might be.."I said..
"I take it...He's not a client or a friend.."said Sissy...

"No, he's a nuisance.."I said.

"I'll look into it......For you!" she said and smiled..

I kissed her on the cheek....She giggled like a school girl..

"Thanks Siss." I said..


IV-


 At the residence where Frankie Fallon aka as Frankie Degeneres  had his crap game , he spoke to one of his goons..

''You find that hitter yet?" he asked.

''Still workin on it...I'll have someone lined up soon.."  he said..

''Well get him soon...I want this problem dealt with..." said Frankie Fallon..

Just then...their doorbell rang....

''Who is this..?" he asked..

"I'll get it boss..." said his goon..


Kool Kat and I were at the door...

"Hello friend...Tell your boss I'd like just a minute of his time.."I said..

He remembered the beat down I'd put on him a few days before and he led us upstairs...

Frankie Fallon aka Frank Degeneres looked at me..

"You! What is it?" he asked..

"I have a way to solve your problem and everybody involved..." I said.

"Oh you do huh?" he said..

"Look...You have a successful construction company...You're a developer...Totally legit and you run a quasi legal crap game that nobody cares about... Now I know who you are...I know you launder money for interested parties, but again...Nobody cares ,Nobody gets hurt..Why put a murder rap on yourself??  I figured that's the way you might handle it...but don't!!!...I got a plan to rid you of Rhett Jano forever...and nobody has to get killed.."I said..

He looked at me..

"I'm listening...." he said..

"He's out of jail and he's been asking around about you....Bars, people on the street in the know...He'll find you eventually...He's only due two million dollars...Tell him you'll pay him.. That's a small sum of money to you.....Keep him here as long as you can...."I said..

"You're gonna hit him?" he asked..

"Oh No...Some people want to see him, real bad...In Jersey City..."I said...

"He'll be taken off your hands...Trust me..."I said..

"Alright Mr. Morris..I'll trust you." he said..
Within a few hours....Rhett Jano drove up.....
He looked around....He rang the doorbell...

One of Frankie Fallon's goons answered the door..

Rhett smiled..

"Hello....I'd like to see Frank...Tell him an old friend is here to see him..."said Rhett...

''Come on up..." he said.

Frank Degeneres sat in his office..

Rhett Jano walked in...

"Frankie...How long has it been?" he said..

"Too long Rhett, Too long...You look well.." he said.

"You're Degeneres now huh?   A Big time Developer huh?" said Rhett...

"I've done alright....What can I do for you?" he asked..

"Two million dollars is what you can do for me...My cut of the heist...It's what I'm owed!!!"said Rhett...

"Okay!"said Frankie..

"Huh?" he said..

"Okay...I'll pay you.." he said..

"Really? That's it?" asked Rhett....

''I suppose you won't take a check huh?" asked Frankie..

"Nahhhh,I want cash baby, cold hard cash!!!" said Rhett...

"Okay....I don't have that kind of cash here...I'll have to go to my bank..."said Frankie....


Just then, Lt. Sissy Van Buren walked in...

"Rhett Jano....you're under arrest...." she said..

"WHAT? Arrest????" he said..

"You heard her..."said Detective Duke Baylor...as he handcuffed Rhett...

"That gun we took off of you...Is connected to a murder of a P.I. in West Orange.....West Orange Detectives are coming to take you back to Jersey to stand trial for First degree murder partner.." he said..

"No...This can't be...I don't believe it..."said Rhett....

"Believe it baby!" said Duke...

"No...I was just about to get paid...You guys can't do this...No...No....Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" he screamed and stomped his foot....

"Of all the rotten stinkin luck..." he saidand stomped his foot again as police dragged him out of the office, crying...

Frank Degeneres looked at his goon...

"Poor sap...He's had the worst luck.." he mused...

Duke and several uniformed police officers walked Rhett Jano out of the building..

"No...I was just about to get paid...You guys can't do this...No...No....Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"he muttered over and over!

Sissy smiled and followed them out....

An hour later ,Kool Kat and I returned..


"I told you....Problem solved...He killed some P.I. named "Fingers" in West Orange before he came here...I take it that's how he got all of his intell on us...You'll never have to worry about him again..."I said.

Frank Degeneres AKA Frankie Fallon smiled..

"You're quite a guy Kevin Morris...I owe you!" he said..

"Do right by my wife and her company..."I said..

"I intend to.." he said and smiled...

We shook hands...
Kool Kat and I left...

''Well, we made a friend..." he said, smiling..
"Yeah, how about that?..."I said and we both laughed...

EPILOUGE-
Rhett Jano was tried and convicted of First Degree Murder in West Orange of the Private Investigator, "Fingers" and sentenced to life ......He was on ice, no longer a problem to anybody!

I stared at my wife, Sepia..
I seemed to remember a time , years ago....

2009-
Sepia looked at me and managed a weak smile...

"I guess I messed up huh Kevin? I pressed him too hard too soon." she said.


"Ahh,don't worry about it..more than one way to skin a cat..we'll get him on
the comeback..You know he was right about one thing he said." I said.


"What's that?" asked Sepia...

"He said that I'm not going to do any better than you." I said.


"Awwww Kevin...that's so sweet, but considering it came from a rat like him
I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not." she laughed.



"How long we been living together?" I asked her.


"I don't know...about a year or so..why?"


"It would be a lot easier on both our minds...if there was a Mrs. Morris living
in that house."
I said.


"What are you saying Kevin?" asked Sepia...


"Marry me." I said.

TODAY!



 "Daydreaming about me again?" asked Sepia..




 "I'm afraid I was..."I said.
"It's so nice to have a husband who still daydreams about his wife after all this time.." she said..




"It's nice to have a wife who still inspires daydreams..."I said..

''Awwww", she said.
And we kissed like two teenagers ,making out...the rest of the afternoon...


10 comments:

Sunflower said...

Beautiful!!!Thanks for the flashbacks from the very first Kevin story!

Brenda said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just loved this...With the flashbacks and the way Kevin settled the situation...Just Great!

Lisa said...

You hit a home run with this one...No one had to get killed...The bad guy goes off to jail and Kevin and Frankie Fallon become friends somewhat! Nicely done..

Toni said...

Masterful Storytelling as usual Keith !Loved it!

Rita said...

I love Kevin and Sepia's relationship and how they both kind of lifted each other up to a higher plane..

Angie B. said...

Kevin and Sepia...A Great example of a Black couple building together...Thanks for showing us the very best of Black male/female relationships...Nobody else s doing that!

Vanessa said...

I concur...Thanks for showing us the very best of Black male/female relationships...Nobody else s doing that!But they should!

Halo said...

YESSSSSS! I agree with the last two commentors!Kevin and Sepia...A Great example of a Black couple building together.Nobody else s doing that! But they should!

Cheryl said...

Beautifully written Keith!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Great Ending....I would have prefered a little more action...but realistic enough...Nobody had to lose their life..