Friday, July 27, 2018

Train Docked

The train was headed towards the station...Our Final Destination....
"I see the train station up ahead.." I said..

"I see it too...Wow..This has got to go down as one of my most interesting tours....I'm sure gonna miss you Nate and your gorgeous wife and Sister in Law.."said Milt..
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" said Monica..
'Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"said Monique..
They both gave him a soft kiss...
Milt fainted...

Dr. Chavis took his pulse..

"He'll live!" he said ,frowning with exasperation...
"Nate!"said Monica ,who pulled me to the side..

"What is it bae?" I asked..

"Whoever tried to have Ronnie killed, has to know that those three guys are dead...They screwed it up...But this person hasn't given up.."said Monica.

"I imagine not..."I said.

"So whoever is behind this has got to make a move before he gets on that boat to the Island Prison...And they've got to make sure that this time ,it's done right..What do you think their next move is?  They're not going to send a band of goons..That already failed.."said Monica..

"SNIPER!" I said.

"Ouuu god...That's why I'm so glad we are partners...We are always on the same wave length...The on ly partner I ever had who was even close to you was.....Was Temya...."said Monica..

"You guys still not speaking?" I asked..

"Oh I'm not mad at Temya...I just haven't seen her....I don't think she's mad at me...But anyway....Yes, A Sniper is what we will be looking for...Milt!  Milt??" called Monica..

"Yeah?" said Milt..

"You know this train station...The layout, I mean....If I was a sniper...Where would be a perfect place to set up?" asked Monica..

He thought for a moment....
"There is a brand new tower, directly across the street from the train station...It was just built...They just finished it ,ohhhh two months ago...It's empty...It isn't in use yet...The equipment and the crew hasn't set up in their yet...A good shooter could set up in their and have his pick of spots to hit..."said Milt, now looking a little worried for the first time..
"I know you got a shotgun....You got a rifle on here?" I asked..

"Yeah, What you got planned?"asked Milt..
"I was a sniper when I was in the Marine Core...I need that rifle.."I said.

"Bae I didn't mean-" said Monica..

"It's okay....I got this...."I said...

I kissed her softly...

"I got this..."I said...

"Yess you do....Alll of it..." she whispered in my ear....
"Ummmmm good to knowww.." I said softly..

"Milt, get My Sister, Dr. Chavis and Ronnie Coe and take them in the Dining Car....Keep everybody down on the floor ,away from the windows...When the train stops...Nobody get off..."said Monica..
"I'm on it.."said Milt, who cocked his shotgun....



II-
In The Tower across the street from the Train Station...A man with dread locks took a deep breath...
He drank a bottled water and swallowed an anti-anxiety pill and he got his rifle ready..


 Like me, he had been a sniper in the Marines....He had 28 certified kills......Once out..He became a gun for hire.....For the right amount...He could take your man out from 200 feet if need be..

 He had a bead on the train....He was only to kill Ronnie Coe, No one else unless absolutely neccesary!
The Train slowly mored into the Station...

 III-
 And in Philadelphia....
Detective Temya Green walked into Lt. Cotton's office...She dropped a file on the desk and a recording..
"You work fast Temya.."said Lt. Cotton...
"You said you needed it.." she said without smiling..
He listened to the recording...
It was Captain Cominsky....

"YO!"

"Don't yo me...I want no mistakes this time...Make sure Coe is dead....and if anybody gets in the way..Take them out too...but I trust you can hit your man without having to sacrifice the others..."said Captain Cominsky...

 Of course I can....I'm the best sniper in the business...If I may say...I don't think this guy knows who you are...If he did..He would have said something by now,don't you think?" said the young man with the dreads...
"He knows more than he should and I want him silenced....To make sure I'm not exposed...So make sure he's dead."said Captain Cominsky...

"Not a problem..." he said..

 "Just kill Ronnie Coe...No one else, unless absolutely necessary..."said Captain Cominsky..

"Nice and clean....I have a silencer , a home-made silencer on this rifle...They won't even know where the shot came from.....By the time they figure it out...I'll be long gone..."said the young man with dreads...

"Good, I've wired half the money to your account....and the other half you'll get when the job is done.."said Captain Cominsky..

(CLICK!)

 "We got him!This is good.."said Lt. Cotton..

"How'd you get a warrant?" asked Temya..

"I have friends..."was all Lt. Cotton would say...

He looked at the files..

"Look at this..a payment wired to the three dead gunmen's account from his bank account..He got sloppy...and a payment to this man, Curtis Temple, Ex-Marine Sniper...Suspected hitman in at least 10 unsolved gangland killings...That's who he was on the phone with...Aww this is good...We got Cominsky....He's the drug kingpin....He's been making extra income supplying the local dealers..And who would suspect him?" asked Lt. Cotton..

"A summer home in Los Angelas and Miami...A Condo downtown....On a cop's salary....Doesn't play."said Temya...

"You did good work...You always did do good work...Temya look...Despite how things ended between you and Monica...If you ever want to come back to Homicide....I have a place for you on the roster..."said Lt. Cotton..

"I always thought you didn't like me...Thank you Lieutenant...I might take that in consideration.."said Temya..

"I've got to get word to Monica.." said Lt. Cotton..
"I already did...I sent her a text before I came over here.."said Temya..
"You're worth your weight in gold girl.."said Lt. Cotton..

IV-

Curtis Temple sensed something was afoot...Why were they taking so long to come out of that train? He wondered...


He set his gun up and put his finger on the trigger...

Monica insisted on going with me...She had gotten a text from Detective Temya Green...She had told us everything, who was behind it...The name of the hitter and everything...We found a side entrance and had snuck into the tower...Monica could hear his thoughts and pinpointed where he was...

I had my sniper rifle ready....
Monica sent a text to Milt in the Train...She told him to open the door...He used a stick to open the door of the train...
Curtis Temple cocked his rifle..


Milt and Ronnie appeared in the doorway...

Curtis put his finger on the trigger...
So did I...

I took one shot...All I needed..

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" screamed Curtis Temple, He fell out of the window of the tower and into the street....Dead before he hit the ground!
I appeared in the window and gave the thumbs up..

Milt smiled..
Monica hugged me...
"Is it Over?" asked Dr. Chavis..

"It's over!"said Monique...
We watched as the body of hitman Curtis Temple was carted off...We'd never know how many lives he took, but one thing was for sure..He'd never take another life...
*********************************************************************************
"Well,I guess I should thank you guys....You saved my life...Twice...Huh? Now I go to prison to spend the rest of my life.."said Ronnie Coe..
The Boat arrived to take him to the Island Maximum Security Prison...

 "Take care of yourself Ronnie."said Monique and Monica...
''Yeah, Take care of yourself.."I said..  "You got this Milt?" I asked..

"Yeah...I got it from here...I'm gonna miss you guys....This was kind of fun...."said Milt..

" Be Well Milt...It was great working with you..."said Monica
"Yes...Be well Milt..Thanks for everything.."said Monique...
"Here comes the Hypercopter..."said Dr. Chavis..
Dr. Chavis, Monique, Monica and I got in the Hypercopter...It would have us home in no time..

After riding that train for a day and a half...I'd be glad to get home quickly...

And in Philadelphia..

Police arrested Captain Cominsky..
"I don't believe this...Lieutenant I'll have your badge."he spat...

"I don't think so...We arrested 29 of your associates and they are falling all over themselves cutting deals...plus I have you on tape ordering a murder....You're done in this town...And when you get to prison...I'm sure Ronnie Coe and his friends are waiting to get more acquainted with you."said Lieutenant Cotton..

"Oh and next time you hire a hitter...Hire somebody that can shoot."said Lt. Cotton..

 Captain Cominsky stomped his foot and snarled as he was dragged away in handcuffs...
 "Hey Lieutenant...Looks like we missed the party eh?" I said as we walked up on him...
 "Yeah...I wish you had waited...You know how we love this kind of thing..."laughed Monica..
"Hi baby..."said Monique, who gave him a wet sloppy kiss..
"Ummmmmmmmm, oh helllo sugar baby!" he said..

"When you get a chance...You should uh send some flowers or something to Temya...She broke this case open for us..."said Lt.Cotton..

"I'm not sending a woman flowers...but I will call her and thank her.."said Monica..

I smiled... I knew my wife and I knew she wasn't going to do either..

EPILOUGE-

 A week later in the Squadroom..

"I heard you guys had a real wild wing ding while I was away.....Wish I had been there."said Kylie..

''Weren't you on vacation with Wallllly?"asked Monica..

"We got in a big argument and broke up...Your ex-partner is an asshole Nate...You got your best partner right here in Homicide.."said Kylie..
"Oh I know that" I said... "I would have never married Wally.."I said and laughed at my own joke....

Monica sighed and looked at Kylie..

"He is a good partner...but a lousy comedian....but you know what they say...For better or worse." she said..
I smiled..

Monica kissed me softly....
"He's alright..."said Kylie....

And the three of us laughed...



12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Another Great Episode and ending!

Halo said...

Nicely done! Loved it!

Angie B. said...

Great ending!

Rita said...

Great story all Around!

Toni said...

Just Loved It!

Lisa said...

Doesn't get any better than this!

Swaggie said...

Nate was fire with that sniper rifle!

tate 2 said...

Yeah,I dug that too!

Vanessa said...

Loved how Temya helped out...Please Bring her back!

Sunflower said...

Nicely Done!

Brenda said...

Like Cheryl said-Another Great Episode and ending!

Keith said...

Tomorrow ,Part one of a Seven part Crossover episode featuring Olivia,Beverly and Donnie Ray and Yvette and the Associates! Hope you guys like it!