Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Everybody Lies

''Ms. Olivia, Ms. Beverly , I did not do this...I swear to you..."said our client Abner Loumini...
''For what it's worth..I believe you...But you have no alibi...You were home in your apartment alone with no witnesses...No one who can say they saw you....You and your wife were seperated and about to divorce..."said Olivia as we once again sat in court during the third day of trial...


"I believe you...We have followed your actions for the day....According to your credit and debit cards..You work at the Foundry...A Clothing Outlet...You worked a half day...You had Lunch...You stopped in a boutique and bought some shirts and slacks and you had a smoothie...Then two hours later...You're at the gym....Then nothing the rest of the day.."said Beverly
"I didn't tell you this before..


but I was with Hillary after that..." he said..

"You were? You were there? At her loft?" asked Nelson..

"Yes, in between 3:00 and about 6:00...We had sex..." said Abner...




"YOU WHAT?????" said Olivia, Beverly, Josie and I in unison...
''We were still married and on very good terms.."said Abner..
''Apparently"said Nelson..
I chuckled.


''We did not hate each other...We enjoyed each other's company quite a bit...

but we only got married so I could get my Green Card....Now that I am here and established...I'm working on getting my citizenship." he said.

''So your marriage was arranged? You both understood that that was what this was?" asked Olivia..

"Yes....but once we got married....I..well we both kind of liked being married..And for a year and a half we lived together...as man and wife...but eventually we mutually agreed to divorce..So that she would be free to explore other things and I too would be free to explore other options..But we still saw each other and had sex at least three times a week..."said Abner..

''Well I'm glad we know that...Anybody see you leaving the building?" asked Beverly...

''A man and a woman...The woman I know...She'd just moved there recently...I think she's a lawyer too like you guys...Brown skinned, Nice looking..

The man I never seen before in my life...He had curly ,wavy hair, wore nice suits...Sometimes wore glasses....Brown skinned.." said Abner...

I made a mental note of this..
Miles Ellis called Policeman after Policeman...All of them testified to the bloody crime scene.. but they had no description of the killer.

They didn't question the Forensic people or the Crime Scene Investigators...but Olivia and Beverly tore into the police...Asking them then how they could arrest their client with no eyewitness evidence...a camera that gave them only a grainy view...and no motive , no nothing?

Since Lt. Tragg was the lead investigator.. He caught it the hardest.....He was asked for a motive...All he could say is the husband is always the first suspect...

We pounded him with question after question regarding motive, we asked him if he and his men found physical evidence..all of which he had no answer for..

He was as red as a beet when he exited the stand...

Miles Ellis shook his head in disgust...

What a stupid man?  He thought.

He was losing his jury and he knew it..


Olivia and Beverly hammered home that although they were headed for divorce...They were still quite fond of each other and still occasionally had sex..

They brought up a few residences of the Loft who testified that they saw him often and heard them making love...
Miles Ellis hammered home that their "marriage " was a sham...They got married so he could get his green card he said..

That didn't move the jury that was comprised of West Africans ,who had recently become American Citizens themselves...How could he have let this happen?  How could he have completely lost control of the jury selection?  He reasoned because his mind wasn't on this case at all when voir dire began...His mind was somewhere else..






II-
Miles was thinking about her....A sexy and intelligent U.S. Attorney he had met recently at a bar in Cherry Hill named. Karla Williams...She had indeed contacted him about a predicate she had heard he used to win a case and the two hit it off right away...They met for drinks another few times...


She was like himself , a Native Philadelphian...She had graduated from North Catholic High and had attended Fisk, gotten her Masters from St. John as well as her law degree.. She worked as a Public Defender in New York before becoming an ADA in New York, then she returned to Philadelphia where she became an Assistant U.S. Attorney...Working for Tony Richardson of all people.
He told her that he worked for McCluskey/Connor/Cozen and Pratt,

"I went to work for the ACLU for awhile down in D.C. It paid alright...It was good work, but just not enough...Then , a friend of mine, Larry North got me a job in San-Francisco at the Innocence Project...Same thing...Just not enough...I was an Assistant District Attorney in Seattle for awhile before returning to Philadelphia and my new firm ,Westinghouse and Meyers...and sadly enough..I still got no further along than I was.I was still an Associate Attorney. So I quit and became an ADA for the City of Philadelphia" he said.

He didn't mention the sex scandals and law suits he had to settle..or that he was seeing Alexandria Miller, another Attorney
He was too intrigued with Karla..
And she had to admit.. She was intrigued with him too...She mentioned that she knew some attorneys from McCluskey /Cozen/Connor & Pratt-Namely...
 YVETTE JONES
 KEITH JONES
 BEATRICE "BEE BEE" EVANS
 SOFIA GARCIA
 KAHLIL AHMED
AND THEIR INVESTIGATOR, JADE LEE.




He smiled...He admitted that he knew them well...They had represented him in a civil case he was involved in and he had lost to them twice in court.... He didn't mention that he had been Yvette's supervisor at McCluskey /Cozen/Connor & Pratt and had had a big crush on her at one time..


Karla talked about her association with attorneys
 OLIVIA BENNETT-ALEXANDER





 HER NIECE, BEVERLY WEST
 OLIVIA'S HUSBAND-INVESTIGATOR,DONNIE RAY ALEXANDER
 BEVERLY's HUSBAND, ATTORNEY NELSON EAST
AND PARA-LEGAL  AND LAW STUDENT, JOSIE BOYD!



Miles smiled..

"You know all of the attorneys who have beaten me in court..."he said..

"They're very good...They all worked a class action suit with Tony Richardson and I last year....A very good experience..."said Karla..

They talked often...On the nights he didn't see Alex, he was at home on the phone with Karla until the wee hours of the morning...He liked talking to her..

"I need a date....I know this is kind of forward of me...But would you mind accompanying me to the Black Bar Association's convention in Virginia Beach?  Can you get some time off?" she asked.

"I certainly can.." he said...

He had the time....He told Alex
that a Judge, a Male Federal Judge named Reed wanted to see him in D.C. and discuss a predicate he used in a recent trial....Thus he was gone for two weeks...

Two weeks in a hotel in Sunny Virginia Beach...

With The Black Bar Association.....
Partying every Night....


With the beautiful U.S. Attorney Karla Williams.

And spending nights in their hotel room...
The woman had body going to bed...and when she let her hair down and took those glasses off, she was something else..he thought..
He remembered kissing her butter soft lips.....
Lying on the floor kissing her for hours on end...

"Oh My god...your lips are so soft..." he said....

"Ouuuu baby,so are yours....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned....

She hadn't sex in nearly six months and she was more than ready...

Tony Richardson and his wife had had a baby girl....Their second child...He hadn't called or attempted to call her and it didn't look like he'd be in Philadelphia anytime soon...

He and his wife were in Atlanta presently...Miles was a nice relief...Plus he was not married. That was even better.
Miles and Karla  finally laid  across the bed and he entered her wet warm center...

She had the softest skin, just like Alexandria and smelled like a new born baby...again, just like Alexandria , who he had only talked to twice since he'd been here..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, oh my god.....I've been wanting to do it to you since I met you.."he moaned..

"Ohhh my" she giggled....She had noticed the bulge in his trousers at times when they had just went out for drinks, but she tried to ignore it..

He was slowly losing his mind.....She was so wet....

He couldn't get enough of her.....Nor she of him...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Karla....Oh My god..."he moaned..

"Talk to me daddy! Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu say mama's name....say mama's nameeeee!" she cooed.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Karla baby...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is soooo good!" he moaned.

The bed springs on their bed was squeaking so loud...That several other people on the floor smiled sheepishly ,thinking..."They must be newlyweds."

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm give it to me daddy..give it tome strong ." she commanded..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH …..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."he grunted...

They made love practically every night for EIGHT to NINE HOURS...and on the last day...once in the morning....

He cornered her in the bathroom ,after she had showered and was about to get dressed...

They kissed passionately. He ran his hands down in her panties and squeezed her buttocks...

"Ummmmm Miles, you don't get enough do you?" she whispered softly between kisses..

"No...apparently I don't.." he said..



"My My Myyyyy...ouuuuuuu" she cooed....

"Ohhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.." he moaned....

He slipped her panties off and lifted her up...entering her and taking her to new heights lieterally of ecstacy and pleasure..


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU baby!" she screamed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Karla....ouuuuuuu.." he moaned...

He was making her cum again so hard, she was crying like a baby.....


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu don't stop...don't stop...don't stoppppp...oh my goodness..." she cried out!


They missed their flight back...They were still in the hotel, making sweet love....They nearly missed checkout!


 Back In Philadelphia in front of her apartment complex....Karla smiled..
''Woooooo Counselor...Whatever you've got in your pants...You need to bottle that and sell it...Oh My God...I am worn out...but it's a good worn out...wooooooou, you are insatiable..."she laughed..
"I had a good time too...Thank you for inviting me.." said Miles..

"You're not married are you?" she asked.. She saw no wedding band or evidence of one..She was just getting over her affair with very married Tony Richardson...She wanted nothing to do with any married men.
"No I'm not...but I uh do date...And there is uh someone I date a little more frequently than others..but it's not that serious...it's uh kind of uh ruh open ended..." said Miles.. hating himself for lying.


She gave him the serious side eye...Liar!  He probably has a girlfriend or is in the beginning of a relationship with one....Men are such liars, she thought...but this one was a cute liar and he was good in bed..

"Hopefully, we can do something like this again.." she said..

''Yes, very hopefully!" said Miles..
They laughed and they kissed one last time..


That had been a month ago...He had called Karla and talked to her a few times since then. .but he hadn't seen her or been out with her..
.Court was adjourning for the day...

He looked at Lt. Tragg...

"You have got to get me something...Get me more...I'm losing this case...This is weak ."said Miles.

"He's as guilty as sin...He was married to her for a green card...He had it, he didn't need her anymore..We found his fingerprints and DNA all over her loft.."said Lt. Tragg..

"He's her husband...THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!!!  He's admitted sleeping with her several times...Olivia and Beverly brought that much up...Go over your notes, Go over the crime scene..GET ME MORE!"said Miles..

''Relax ..I'll be all over it!" said Lt. Tragg...

Abner peered at Lt. Tragg..

''Why? Why would he single me out like this???...Even if I'm cleared...I could be deported.." said Abner..

''We are not going to let that happen."said Olivia..

"No we aren't"  I said.. "I'm still hunting the man, the one person who might clear you." I said.


''Come on Donnie Ray...Let's go back to that loft.."said Beverly...
"Abner...I'll drop you off...Liv, Josie...You guys can ride with me.."said Nelson...


Abner ,Olivia and Josie got in the car with Nelson...


Beverly and I got in the other car and took off in the opposite direction...
Lieutenant Tragg noticed our comings and goings...

"Hmmm wonder where Donnie Ray and Beverly are off to?" he mused aloud..

"Probably to do what YOU SHOULD BE DOING!! GETTING MORE EVIDENCE!!" bellowed Miles Ellis.

III-
Beverly and I were at the loft of Alexandria Miller..a fellow attorney...


''Your Place is beautiful Ms. Miller." said Beverly..

admiring the layout...
"Call Me Alex...I've long been a fan of you and your Aunt."said Alexandria..
"Ms. Miller.. I know we talked last week and you gave a statement to the police, but let me re-iterate why I am here.. The man, the man who walked up on the murder.. He was visiting someone inside this building.. It was 4:45 am.. He doesn't live here, So he had to be leaving somebody's place.. We've interviewed everybody in here twice.. Nobody had any visitors..."I said.

''Well you know who my man is...



He's prosecuting the case against your wife and her niece...He wasn't here.." said Alex..
"I know, He was in Virginia Beach at the Black Bar Association Convention...I ran a check of his financials." I said.

''No, He was In Washington, D.C. visiting a Judge and staying at his home." she said..
Beverly's mouth dropped wide open...We both looked at each other...
I decided not to press that issue...

''Well anyway...We know he was not in town and not the man who witnessed the murder..but uh well,I hate to say this...but one of your neighbors claims they heard your bed squeaking and your headboard rattling and a man grunting...Did you have a male visitor?" I asked.

"Absolutely not!!!People need to mind they damn business...To answer your question AGAIN!!...I did not have a male visitor..."she said.

Neither Beverly nor I believed her now...but what could we do?

"Okay,..thank you for your time." I said..

"Beautiful Place Alex!" said Beverly with a smile.

Beverly and I left and headed home..

IV-

Back at home, the five of us sat around the conference room table..

"Bev, Josie is staying the night...she's going to do my hair since we have off tomorrow." said Olivia..

"Yayyyy"said Beverly, hugging Josie.
whose home away from home was here...She had left a few outfits, some toiletries and underwear in the room she often stayed in..
"Of course nobody had a visitor that night...Everybody told the same story...but there was one kink."I said.

"What was that?" asked Nelson...

"Two people told Donnie Ray and me that they heard the bed squeaking and a man grunting ,coming from Alex's loft...She swears she had no male visitors....Her boyfriend, ADA Miles Ellis was out of town..We know that for a fact..."said Beverly..


'

"He told her he was in D.C. with a Male Federal Judge, Robert Reid and staying at his house....but his credit cards say he was in Virginia Beach at the Marriot in a double at the Black Bar Association Convention.. Judge Reid is in Miami vacationing...I didn't go into all that...I basically just said I know he was out of town.."I said.

"IN A DOUBLE ROOM? , VIRGINIA BEACH??? Ohhh he had a woman with him...Most definitely...Why else would he need a double room?" said Alfreda..

"He's cute, but he's a dog...."said Josie..

"The cute ones always are.." said Beverly....

Both girls seemed a little disappointed..Which I found humorous. Josie was in a serious relationship and Beverly was married!
"Bottom line, Miles wasn't curling her toes, but somebody was..."said Olivia..

"Sounds like somebody was curling his toes too!"laughed Alfreda.
"Bottom line...Miles lied to her, but was still out of town and she's lying to us about her visitor. Everybody Lies."said Nelson..

''Shortcake! Did you place that listening device where it couldn't be seen. or found easily?" I asked.

"Yupper.."said Beverly..

"Good...We'll listen and learn....She knows something..I know it..She knows more than she's telling and maybe, just maybe she'll get in contact with this guy...Tell him to lay low.."I said.
"I shouldn't be hearing this.."said Olivia..

Nelson cupped Josie's ears...

"You neither...You're still in Law school." he said.

Josie cracked up laughing..

While at Alex's loft  a desperate phone call is made..


Elwood picked up..

"Alex baby...how are you?" he said.

''Elwood, the cops were here...and Your ex-Wife's husband and her niece too, They came later....I didn't tell them anything..but they know you spent the night...Well they know someone spent the night with me..They just don't know it was you...You got the entire city looking for you.."said Alexandria..

"The killer of that woman is looking for me too!!...I can't testify...but for what it's worth...That guy Olivia and Beverly is defending is innocent...I saw the killer...I looked right into his face..It's not that little guy Liv and Beverly are defending..



"I'd love to help them, especially since they're going up against your boyfriend..but I can't..This guy will gut me like a fish."said Elwood..

"Oh My God...All this happened right under my nose.."said Alexandria..

"Alex, why don't you pack a bag and come spend the night with me..? be up under my nose?...I'm very horny!" asked Elwood..

"How can you think about sex at a time like this???.. Then again, I forget who I'm talking to...It would be like old times huh? , Except that I'm leaving in the morning.."laughed Alex..

''You down?" asked Elwood.
"This is a booty call."she giggled..

"Yes..It is.."laughed Elwood..

"Give me an hour...I'll be over.. Miles had to go over to Jersey on some legal business..He won't be over tonight.." she said, giggling like a school girl.

"Legal Business in Jersey?  At night?  Sounds pretty fishy to me.." said Elwood..

"He said it was urgent...that it had to do with another case.."said Alex...

"Hmmmm alright...if you say so...I don't care, I just care about seeing you tonight.."said Elwood..

"Awwwwwwwwww."cooed Alex...


(TO BE CONTINUED)

13 comments:

Toni said...

This has just become a bed hopping adventure...Miles is gone, Elwood and Alexandria sleep together again, Meanwhile Miles has been sleeping with Karla...Miles returns, begins sleeping with Alexandria again...Slips off with a bogus excuse to see her,Alex and Elwood sleep together again...My goodness..

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!

Angie B. said...

Loving all of the intrigue.

Cheryl said...

I'm Loving all of the intrigue too!

Vanessa said...

If Elwood comes forth...He not only puts his life in jeopardy..He puts Alexandria and Miles relationship in peril also...Miles will know he was in her loft spending the night with her if he was leaving at that late hour.

Sunflower said...

Lord have mercy...I need a score card to keep up with who is sneaking around with who!

Brenda said...

I feel the same way Sunflower, You need a scorecard to keep up with who is in who's bed...Nice to see Karla Williams back..I liked her character..

Lisa said...

This is a big mess...and meanwhile ,an innocent man's life hangs in the balance because of all of this foolishness.

Halo said...

This is Elwood's fault..He gave her a ride home...He could have just left...He wouldn't have been around to witness anything...but noooooo he had to seduce her..

Rita said...

Did he really seduce her? She was alone and horny...She could have easily have done what Zoey did in a similar situation...Said Thank you...Let's not travel down memory lane Elwood, goodbye.. but she didn't.. Not all on him..

Grover Tha Playboy said...

In all fairness...Alex and Miles had only been dating/sleeping together for a short period.. They don't live together...She was a grown woman in her own place...Just like he's an unmarried grown man living in his own place..I don't think love had come into the picture yet..for either of them...Which is obvious...And with Elwood,I mean, she had lived with him for three years.. Feelings just don't go away like that...Their break up was fresh!

Tate 2 said...

I agree with Grover 100%

Vanessa said...

You may find this hard to believe, but so do I.