Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Young, Breathless And Dead

Kylie and Carlos woke up the next morning...

He held her in his arms...She was naked, but she felt warmer than she had in ages...

"Mmmmmm your skin is so soft..." he moaned..

"Carlos...So is your yours..." she cooed..

"Damnnn girl, last night was sooo cool, Shame you gotta work " he said..

She giggled...

"I'm going in late.." she said..


"We have time for a ...ahhhh quickie this morning?" he asked..

They kissed...

" We really don't...but I know you'll find time.."she laughed..

He rolled over  and mounted Kylie again...
"My goodness...THAT didn't take long..." she giggled...

"Ummmmm..." he moaned as he began to slowly move in and out of Kylie's warm center..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Carlosss....Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh goddddd this is sooooo damn goood.." he moaned...

Once again the bed  was squeaking and the small headboard was rattling...





II-
We in the meanwhile were at the Medical Examiner's Office..

"Where is Kylie..?" asked Monique...

"She's coming in late..." I said..

"Late?" asked Monique...

"YES....LATE!" said Monica giving her twin sister the side eye and smiling...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahh...Late!"laughed Monique....
Lt. Cotton wasn't listening to our playful banter... He was staring at three bodies...Three bodies of three presumably healthy people...A man and two women with no signs of violence whatsoever...

He shook his head...

His wife, Dr. Monique Cotton broke her silence...

''All three of these people died of nitrogen asphyxiation."she said..

 "WHAT?" asked Monique...
"WHAT?" I asked..

"That stale smell you guys smelled when we went in that room was Nitrogen....The windows were closed tight and enough Nitrogen was pumped into that room to literally absorb all of the oxegen from their blood , from their bodies period.."said Monique...

 "You have to go into more detail...."said Lt. Cotton.
 "Yeah Sis." said Monica.
"I'm baffled.." I said.


"I know...I Know...I was confused myself, but these are the facts,.." said Monique... "The room was sealed.....Nitrogen was pumped into their room, They didn't notice it...They were probably in the middle of making love...People do die accidentally of nitrogen asphyxiation, and usually never know what hit them. (It’s even possible that death by nitrogen gas is mildly euphoric. Deep-sea divers exposed to an excess of nitrogen develop a narcosis, colorfully known as “raptures of the deep,” similar to drunkenness or nitrous oxide inhalation.) They didn't feel any pain...They were making love..They probably felt a little euphoric, a little high and then they were dead...plain and simple.."said Monique..

"Okay, what about the maid?" asked Monica..

"She entered that room some hours later and it was full of Nitrogen and she succumbed to it too!  By the time we discovered the bodies most of the nitrogen has disapated..but we smelled it...I don't know about you...but I was a little woozy when I left that room...Several of my workers were too!"said Monique..

"Come to think about it...I was a little woozy myself..when we left that room and a couple of uniforms complained about it.."I said..
"So was this an accident?" asked Lt. Cotton..
"No...If it was , other rooms would have been affected...It was just that room...I'm guessing the maid was in the wrong place at the wrong time..She was collatteral damage...What happened to her could have happened to anybody who had entered that room too soon...I sent some people over there from the Enviromental Protection Agency to get air samples..."said Monique..

''So we are looking at a triple homicide." I said.
"Yes you are and it's pure genius...Almost undetectable and no evidence of a suspect...The murderer didn't have to be there.."said Monique..
"Hmmm  that air had to come from a tank and the B-Mechanic of that building would be privy to that...Come on Partner...Let's take another look..."said Monica..

'Right behind you.."I said..
We got in my flying car and took off to go back to that hotel.
..Lt. Cotton smiled..

"I knew the day I put those two together that they were something special.."he said like a proud papa..
Monique smiled...

III-

We entered the hotel room.....The windows had been opened and with fresh air flowing in the room, the foul smell of nitrogen had gone.

Monica found the air vent.....

"Fresh air was pumped in here.......They have central air...." she said.


I checked the thermostat...

"Their room was at a modest temperature..if they thought the air conditioner was on....There was no need to change anything...Any odd prints found?" I asked,.


"No....just theirs and the maid...The killer wouldn't have had to have come in here....Let's check the control room..." said Monica.,.


We interviewed  all 35 people...Staff members, and hotel guests.....Within hours we were able to clear them all...Including the Building Mechanic who had no idea this had happened...

We checked the hotel's cameras...Looking closely at everybody that came and went.....
"Look Mo-Mo.... There is a van that's unaccounted for.." I said..

"Yeah it's not on the list of delivery and equipment trucks and vehicles that was supposed to be here yesterday...Let me take down the plate numbers..."said Monica..
We tracked the mysterious van to a closed factory...

The Van as I suspected had been reported stolen a week before..


The van was as Monica said it would be...empty....

"Smells like bleach..." said Monica...
"I called a team out to check it out...Just as a routine precaution..."I said..

The forensics team check the van thoroughly.....

"No prints...No DNA detective....This van was washed down and bleached down...." said one of the guys...

''So we have a stolen van that was probably used to transport the Nitrogen with no forensic or other evidence.. a van that bypassed the cameras by driving inside the hotel away from the cameras..."I said..

"Hold up partner...Look what I've found....a vape.....an e-cigarette......"said Monica...in the glove compartment..."said Monica...she placed it in a plastic bag...Then she passed it to a lab guy...

"See if it yeilds a print or any DNA....Our killer or killers may have made a mistake.. A costly one."said Monica..

"I'm going to get a list of all of the places in the area where Nitrogen is manufactured and stored and see what if anything pops.." I said.

"We are forgetting the most important thing partner.."said Monica..
"What's that?" I asked...

"Homicide 101 partner....Who were our three victims..? Who were they? Anybody have beef with them, anybody stand to gain from their deaths.?  I'm surprised we didn't start our investigation from there...These weren't just random killings...Somebody went to a lot of trouble to do this and to cover it up...There has to be a reason and there has to be a target.." said Monica..
"You're right." I said..

"Come on...we've done enough today...Let's go home.."said Monica..

we got in my flying car and headed for home...

IV-

We ate dinner alone, just the two of us...We had no idea where everyone else was...Then we went home and showered....It was still early...
"I like cases like this...that make you think....Seeming who done it's.."Monica using the detective's term for an unsolvable case..A Who done it."

In all of the cases we'd had...Monica and I had not one who done it...or cold case...We'd solved every one up until now...
I stared at Monica....

"Here's an unsolvable mystery....Why are you so damn hot?" I asked..shaking my head..

Monica smiled, but didn't say anything...
She kissed me softly.....Some things didn't need saying...


I held her tightly and kissed her passionately in the middle of the living room...






Our bed was unmade, but it didn't matter.. It's not like it was going to get made up right now...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nateee….ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." Monica moaned...

I entered her slowly, slower than usual...

She was warm and wet and trembling.....

I began to move a little faster inside of her now...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmph…" she moaned...

We were in a nice rhythm now...The bed squeaking ,headboard softly rattling....

SIX TO SEVEN HOURS seemed to float by effortlessly...
There was a clever killer out there....Who thought they had gotten away with something...Monica and I were going to show him or her that they had not..

(TO BE CONTINUED)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and throwing my panties

Sunflower said...

I just love these two, Nate and Monica

Angie B. said...

Love This Title...It made me want to read this!

Toni said...

Yes, this was a catchy title.

George S. said...

I've read that they plan to bring the gas chamber back as a means of execution and that Nitrogen is the preferred gas...and that it kills exactly the way these people were killed.

Keith said...

We must have read the same article Georgie...That's where I got the idea for this story from..