Saturday, June 29, 2019

Blues For Miles Ellis

It had been six weeks since Assistant District Attorney Miles Ellis

 had heard from Alexandria Miller..
He figured after two weeks, maybe three ,she'd be calling him begging his forgiveness...No call was forthcoming.

Now it had been six weeks and he hadn't heard a peep!.. He tried to call her and found he'd been blocked..

So now with a shower, shave and fresh haircut and  a new fragrance...He appeared at her loft....

"Hey man, you're three weeks late" said the man now living in her loft...She moved out of here three weeks ago.." he said.

''She moved out?"said a very surprised Miles Ellis.. 'She just moved in here a few months ago...Her lease wasn't up yet.." said Miles..

''What can I tell ya buddy...She moved out. ..and I was on a waitin list...They called me and I moved in.." he said.

'She say where she was moving to?" asked Miles.

"I aint know her like that...I helped her pack her stuff...Then I unpacked mine and that was that..We aint get all friendly...Though I wouldn't have minded...She was a fine somethin...You shouldn't stayed away so long buddy, let that fine woman get away..." said the man, who then closed the door in Mile's face..
He had stopped by the Federal building inquiring about Karla Williams, the U.S. Attorney he had been fascinated with, only to learn she was handling a case in San-Francisco and wouldn't be back until next week...That was three weeks ago...
Miles was very disappointed...He walked for what seemed like a mile...He cut through the playground and ran up on four familliar figures...
One was Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander .....Her husband wasn't with her...She was wearing a sensational mini skirt and heels....Lawd that woman had some legs on her and was just as sexy as could be..

Talking to her was Attorney Yvette Jones, who once was his protoge'....He wanted to get Yvette in the bed like nobody's business...
 Olivia's sexy little niece ,Beverly West-East walked up...She was wearing a mini skirt that appeared way too short and revealing...
With her was the sexy little Para-Legal named Josie Boyd, who worked with Olivia and Beverly..
He didn't know where Donnie Ray and Nelson were, but they needed to be tending to these fine ladies that they worked with...

'He walked up on them..

"Hello Ladies." he said..

"Heyyy , Hi Miles, I haven't seen you since trial..."said Olivia..

"You smell nice...I like that fragrance.."said Beverly..

''Hi Miles, how are you doing?" said Yvette..

"Hey Vettie.....and uh you are Josie right?" he said to Josie..

"Yes...How are you  today?" said Josie..


He knew they all knew about the latest shenanegans involving him and Alexandria Miller and Karla Williams...yet they didn't seem to harbor any anger or resentment towards him...They didn't gloat either.

"Probably not as good as you ladies...As you know...Alex and I broke up...Uh, I stopped by her loft and it appears she's moved out.." he said.

The four women looked at each other..

"You haven't heard." said Beverly..
"Heard what?" asked Miles..

''We uh might as well tell you.."said Olivia..

''Yes you'll find out anyway next time you see her."said Yvette.
"Find out what?" he asked..




''Alexandria and my ex-husband, Elwood



got married last Saturday.."said Olivia..


"WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? MARRIED!!" he bellowed..
''We couldn't believe it either, but we got it on good word that he went to Atlanta with Alex...That's her hometown...Met her whole family and they had a big church wedding last Saturday..."said Beverly...

Bonnie Shay, The Attorney, Insurance Investigator and their good friend, who worked for Elwood had told them...She said things were so mellow and light hearted around the office now that Elwood was married to Alex...He bought everybody pastries and coffee every morning...Something he never did before...He came to work singing and snapping his fingers...

'Lawd that girl has put something on him.....I never seen that man so happy before...Let's hope he stays that way." she said.

"Sorry!" said Josie...

"It's possible she never really stopped loving him....I mean they had lived together for three years.. You were uh kind of like the rebound guy.." said Yvette, trying to soften the blow...
''And strange as it may sound...Alex was able to do what so many others including myself failed to do..Stop him from cheating...For three years after they got together...Elwood didn't look at another woman...He strayed that one time in Boston with his second wife...but that was it...They broke up right when he was about to propose...I think all of that made her take a second look at him.."said Olivia..
Miles didn't want to hear that...
''Were you that into her? I mean you had only been seeing her a few months...right? You couldn't even say you loved her when I asked you a few weeks ago, remember?" asked Yvette..

Miles didn't say anything...He knew Yvette was right...She was always right about him and his motives.
''Why don't you join us for some coffee?" asked Olivia.
''Where are your uh significant others?" asked Miles.

"Donnie Ray is rehearsing with his group today...

They are playing at Josie's and Mulberry Street this weekend.."said Olivia..

''Oh yeah ,I forgot...He plays Trumpet on the side.."said Miles, who really admired Donnie Ray, his style of dress, his coolness and the fact that he snagged Olivia...
"My Husband

 and his friends are in the mall, getting fitted for suits...Imagine that.."said Beverly..


''And my man

 is fast asleep. If I know right.." said Josie.

"Gary's at home...


"I'm going to see him tonight.."said Yvette..
''So you guys were just having a girls day in the park..?" said Miles, laughing a little bit."

"Couldn't think of a nicer day for it." said Olivia..





II-

They all walked over to the coffee shop and sat down...
They ordered coffee and pastries....

Miles couldn't help but notice how plump Yvette's breasts were...He stared at her like a hungry wolf...
She felt a little uncomfortable with him staring at her like that...
 "So...uh how have you been?" asked Olivia, a little uneasily....
"Any interesting cases?" asked Beverly...
"That's not  what you really want to ask me...You want to know how I've been holding up since the break ups."said Miles Ellis Bluntly.

"Welllll since you brought it up....How have you been handling the break ups?" said Beverly bluntly...

 "Oh My God..."laughed Olivia...."My Niecey poo is out of pocket..."she laughed..
"Love her to death! "laughed Yvette..

Josie laughed so hard, she banged her fists on the table...

If not for the fact he was secretly lusting after all four of the women and Yvette especially...he might have been angry.. Instead, he laughed himself...Then he got serious..

"I feel bad about Alex...She was a sweet girl and she didn't deserve what I did to her...but but..Karla just captivated me..

She called me to talk about a legal predicate I used in one of my cases...It was just shop talk at first, but I was intrigued by her...I kept calling her, kept asking to see her...Started taking her out for drinks and late dinners..I couldn't help myself...Lying to Alex about where I was...leaving her lonely a lot of nights..And then I told a big lie and was gone for two weeks to Virginia Beach with Karla...I made it easy for that snake, Elwood to move back in and that's just what he did!"said Miles..

"I agree Elwood is a snake, but and this is going to sound weird coming from me..but I think he really loved her...I mean he took an ass whipping for her and the snake I know would have never  have lowered himself to even make a woman think he cared that much..."said Beverly..

''He really did a number on your aunt huh?" said a suddenly sympathetic Miles..

"Yes...He did...The whole time I was married to him, I was never quite enough...I was always finding panties and bras that weren't mine in his car, in my car and finally in our home...I left him three times and three times I went back to him...I had two miscarriages...When we divorced...I was so relieved you just can't imagine...but for what it's worth...I don't see that Elwood much anymore...I think he may have finally mellowed...evolved" said Olivia..


"I heard you cleaned him out in the divorce.....
Got enough cash to buy that nice Duplex /Office you guys got and kick start your law firm...Alex told me....And I guess she got it from Elwood.. She admired what you did...She admires the two of you....You and Beverly, A lot.. She said despite all of that ,Elwood never held it against you...In fact she said he was actually sorry for how he treated you if that is any consolation.." said Miles..

"After his second marriage failed...

He came back, asked me to marry him again...I refused...by then I had been dating Donnie Ray for about two years....No way I was going back to him..."said Olivia..

''Auntay and Donnie Ray got married shortly after that episode with bum ass.."said Beverly..

''And Alexandria and Elwood got married largely because of my lies and mis-steps.."said Miles.


"So what about Karla? You talk to her?" asked Yvette trying to change the subject...

"No.. She blocked my number....
And now she's out in San-Francisco working a case...She's been out there for a couple of weeks now." he said..

"You had a good girl....you blew it...

I'm talking about Alex..."said Yvette...

"You're right...I did!   She's married now...Nothing more I can do there...What about Karla?  Do you think I have a shot at patching things up with her..?" asked Miles..

 "HA!" laughed Josie..

"I know...Men right Josie girl?" said Beverly, who still liked Miles Ellis, even though she thought he was an incorrigible dog. Josie felt the same way...

''Why don't you just move on Miles ,let sleeping dogs lie?" said Olivia..
"Livy's right Miles.. Move on.."said Yvette..


''She's yalls friend...You guys could put in a good word for me.."pleaded Miles.
"Is he serious?" asked Josie..

"I'm afraid he is." said Beverly...

"Because I am her friend...I'm not involving myself in this.." said Olivia as diplomatically as she could..

"Miles what can we say?  She knows you lied to her...She knows you cheated on her...What are we  gonna say, that none of this happened?  You'd better work on what YOU are going to say to her when you see her again.."said Yvette..
"You ladies , you all stick together..."said Miles, half jokingly and half serious.
They said no more about it.. They sipped their coffee and finished their pastries...

Olivia hugged Yvette...

''Well Vettie girl....I will be seeing you...I'm headed home.." she said..

 "Jo and I are headed to the shopping center after we drop Auntay off.." said Beverly..
"You need a ride Vette?" asked Josie..

"Yeah...it looks like it's starting to rain and me with no umbrella, could you drop me off at my place?" asked Yvette..

"Sure Hop in."said Beverly...
"Goodbye Miles...Good Luck with whatever you decide to do." said Olivia..

''Yes...Good Luck."said Yvette as she got up and joined the other three..

Miles was hoping for some alone time with Yvette...He just could not win today...

He waved and ordered one more cup of coffee..




III-

It was indeed raining....Days like this made him horny...He remembered making sweet love to Alex in her loft...
She'd be wearing something sexy and be coy and teasing....
and would force him to chase her....which would usually end up with her humped across the bed and the two of them making hot crazy love...

.How he was filled with regret that he was never going to experience that with her again... SHE WAS MARRIED!

Then he thought of  Karla...
Sexy, sophisticated Karla...
Who had the softest kisses...

How he loved ambushing her in the bathroom while she was trying to get dressed...

and winding up back in bed..
making sweet love .....
He paid for his coffee and left...






IV-
Night fall came and he found himself in Josie's....
The place was packed...
Honey Brown, the foxy Assistant Manager  and head waitress served him his drinks...

''Drinking alone counselor?" she asked..
"I won't be if you'll sit with me..." he said with a raffish smile.
"I don't think my husband would like that...He's up there playing with Donnie Ray..." she said..



Olivia's husband, Donnie Ray had a small quintet.,...They were the entertainment tonight....
He was accompanied by Honey Brown's husband, B-Flat on Keyboards, A Bass Player, A saxophonist, A Drummer and a female vocalist who wasn't quite bad....

Donnie Ray had his cheering section sitting up front...

His foxy wife, Olivia..God she was so sexy ,he thought..

Her equally sexy niece, Beverly


 and her very lucky husband Nelson sat with her...
and their cute para-legal and law student,Josie and her boyfriend sat with them...

Also sitting at the table with them was an attorney he knew..Lem..
and what looked like his wife..
A Divorce attorney named Zoey....She was said to be the attorney who helped Olivia win her freedom and finances from old Elwood.. Anyone who could best that clown was aces in his book..
To their left was another stacked table...

 Yvette Jones, looking yummy as usual...
and her boyfriend, Gary Lockwood, The Investigator from the D.A.'s office... and of course..

Her babies...Never too far from mother hen..
 Attorney Keith Jones
 His girlfriend, Attorney Bee Bee Evans...
 Attorney Sofia Garcia and her boyfriend..
Attorney Khalil Ahmed....

And rounding them out
 Their investigator, Jade Lee
and her boyfriend, Lt. Danny Ho of Robbery Homicide...
 Both tables were filled with drinks, Colored Martini's
 Brews...
 Citris Martini's
Mango Martini's....


Everybody was coupled up....The last time he was here...he was coupled up too with Alexandria Miller.. He had met her here just months before... He had really screwed that up...

They all seemed oblivious to him.....He was thinking about leaving until he looked up and he saw her..

Karla...U.S. Attorney Karla Williams!!!! She was back She looked sensational......
''Alright..Alrightttt...Did you like that?" said Gus...The owner and head bartender...
The crowd roared it's approval....

"The band is taking a thirty minute break... D.J. Smooth out of Camden will spin the wheels of steel...Remember...tip your waitresses.." said Gus..

"That would be me.." said Honey Brown...


"Karla, how are you doing? You look incredible.."said Miles..

"Thank you...Excuse me...I want to say hi to my friends.." she said and waded over to Olivia's table, hugging all of them and then Yvette's table...hugging them...

They all laughed and talked for a good half hour until Donnie Ray and the band finished their break and went back on stage to start their second set...Then she surprisingly headed to Miles 's table and sat down...

''Order me a drink." she demanded..
"Mango Martini?" he asked..
"Yes.." she said.." You remembered." she said.
"Your office said you weren't coming back until next week.."said Miles.

"The case ended early." she said.. She was happy... He was still interested in her enough to inquire about her whereabouts.. She had blocked his number and hadn't told him she was going to San-Francisco.

"I heard your girlfriend got married." she said.
"News travels fast." he said...
She smiled..

"And Bad News Even faster!" she said..

She had meant that to be funny, but he didn't crack a smile. She suspected this was a sore spot for him...

She suddenly felt sorry she had said that...It wasn't her intention to hurt him..

 Her drink arrived

So did his...
"Look, I lied....I was an asshole....I had a girlfriend...a good girlfriend...We had been dating for about three months when I met you....I was wrong...I should have told you when you asked me..She deserved better than me...I'm happy that she's with a guy who obviously really loves her...He took an ass whipping in here for her which must have been humiliating to him and apparently he never gave up trying to get her back...An you...I was so intrigued by you..I just had to have you at all cost...but you uh deserve better than that...and I'm uh ,I'm sorry... I'm sorry I lied to both of you." he said and then finished his drink...

"Do you love anybody Miles?" asked Karla softly...
"I don't know....I mean...if you give me another chance...I could love you...in time...and I won't lie or pull anymore shenanigans......I don't think anyone else can intrigue me like you have..."he said.
"You're such a smooth operator.. We can try....but I'm not going to sleep with you for awhile.. You have to earn your way back into these panties.. but we can uh go out socially and we can talk on the phone...No coming over my place and I'm not coming over yours and no visits to my office without calling first, is that understood?" she said.

He was quiet...He didn't like this arrangement...He thought about saying..."Nah that's okay...I'm good." but he looked at her ..She was gorgeous...and he remembered how she blew his mind in the bed over and over...He finally said.

''Alright.." and sighed heavily...he ordered another drink..

"You want anything?" he asked.
"I don't want you to drink alone.." she said and smiled..

"Cheer up...I'm speaking to you and I am giving you another chance..."she said. "Olivia and Yvette told me how miserable you were and that you'd been hanging up under them boo hooing about me. the entire time I was away..."she said..

He smiled..  They had stretched the truth a little bit, but they had put in a word.. A word good enough to get him a second chance...Olivia and Yvette were his friends after all..

He peered over at their table...

both Olivia and Yvette smiled at him and winked..
"I know I can't go home with you tonight...but would you just sit with me...So I don't have to be the only one alone tonight..?" he asked.

"I am sitting with you.." she said and softly rubbed his hands....

'Tomorrow is Sunday...They have a wonderful Brunch in here...Why don't you meet me here? My treat!" she said.
''For real?" he asked.
''For real...Olivia and Beverly invited me..and I don't want to be the only here without a date.."she said..
Miles was moved to tears....Something new to him...The tears just flowed down his cheeks...
"Are you crying?" she asked..
"Uh...Uh....Uh Nah...Nah..Uh my uh, my eyes are uh just uh.." he said..

"Oh My God...You Are Crying!!!...You are that happy to be with me...Awwwwww!" she said and she leaned over and kissed him..
They kissed softly for a long time...He missed her soft lips...She missed his... She was feeling so good, so aroused she thought about calling off what she had said and going back to his place and allowing him to screw her brains out....but then she thought...she couldn't be that easy...She had to be strong..

She broke his embrace....She didn't want him getting too excited...She didn't want to get too excited either. His lips were butter soft and he really knew how to kiss a woman...A few more minutes of that and her panties would have been off...and they might have wound up in the bathroom, doing it..

THAT was NOT going to happen tonight, she thought!!!
"Don't get too excited...you're  still not going home with me tonight...but consider that an acceptance of your apology.." she said..

Her Father always told her.."You have to teach people how to treat you."





Miles felt better than he had in a long time.. There was no blues tonight!

They stayed long after Olivia and her crew and  Yvette and her crew had left....

He walked her to her car in the parking lot...

She knew he wanted another kiss and truth be told, she wanted to kiss him too...She wanted him to take her in the back seat of her car, but she resisted the urge...

''Well...Thank you for the drinks..I'll see you here tomorrow morning right?" she said and smiled..
"Yes, right." he said...He was setting his alarm clock for this..He wanted to kiss her so bad..

She stared at him for a long minute...Then she smiled and got in her car and started it...

"Good Night Miles." she said softly...

"Good Night." he said and watched her drive off until her car was out of sight....He stood in the parking lot and watched as the crowd outside of Josie's slowly dissappated..




10 comments:

Toni said...

Another Great Outing!

Angie B. said...

I like this, I like that she was strong, didn't give in to him.

Sunflower said...

A Woman exercising her power...I loved it..

Lisa said...

Nice Story, Glad she held her ground!

Halo said...

Glad she didn't give up the panties, but it was close!

Vanessa said...

I'm glad she didn't give up the panties too...but she wanted to....and at first Miles was jocking Alexandria...Karla was option two when he found out that Alexandria was off the market..He just wanted some panties...That's all!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Hey sometimes it's like that! LOL!

Cheryl said...

LOL! Right!

Rita said...

Sho you right! LOL!

Brenda said...

I like this, I like that she was strong, didn't give in to him. He doesn't deserve it anyway...Lying Cheating dog!