Thursday, June 20, 2019

Hot Seat

TWO DAYS LATER-


Olivia stood outside the courthouse sipping a tumbler of coffee..

She had no idea she was catching the glance of Assistant District Attorney, Miles Ellis who was walking her way himself.. across the street..
''My god, Donnie Ray is a lucky man...I see why he quit the force in New Orleans and came all the way to Philly to marry her and to work for her...I think I might have done the same.." he mused to himself.. admiring her figure and the way her dress fit her so perfectly..
She was unaware of his lustful glance....
I walked over to her....
"I should tell you to get away from me.." she joked and playfully swatted at me... "I didn't think you'd ever get up off of me last night....I can barely walk..." she joked...


For the second night in a row, we had had marathon sex....
"I'm sorry...I just couldn't help myself...Haven't been able to since the night we first met.."I laughed..

"You and your compliments....I can't even pretend to be mad at you.." she laughed and hugged me..

Beverly, Nelson and our client ,Abner walked up...
 "Josie has class this morning...She said she'd try to make it after her class let's out." said Beverly...
 "It's been two days and no sign of Elwood..I suppose he's not going to testify.." said Nelson..
"I'm certain ADA Ellis is going to close today...He has nothing else left..."said Abner..
''And in all of his sumnation,  he still hasn't proved a thing...He still hasn't put you at the scene of the crime.." said Olivia.
''We are going to hit hard on that and rip Lt. Tragg to shreds if we have to...Rush to Judgement, no proof...That's our strategy.." said Beverly..
''Worse case scenario.. We get a hung jury..8-4, the way I see it...No way he gets a conviction.." said Nelson knowingly..
I still needed to do some more investigating...Identifying the eyewitness, Elwood was one thing.. but maybe there was another way around this.. Maybe we wouldn't need him, I thought!
Lieutenant Tragg walked up to Miles Ellis, who was lost in his own thoughts....

"No action on that eyewitness...He wasn't visiting anyone in that loft...I don't know what he was doing there that time of morning unless he was casing the joint and this happened.." he said..
"Oh really?" Miles said drolly....He was a million miles away...

He was thinking about Alexandria...
He had put a hurting on her in the bed the past three nights...

at her loft....

and Karla....He had finally slipped off to see her yesterday and they had had a nice afternoon in her locked office...



making crazy love  for TWO HOURS ,before he wound up with Alexandria that night...
First time he'd done two women in one day since he was in college...He needed to start taking some more vitamins...


He was exhausted....Now here he was staring at Olivia Bennett-Alexander...lusting!

He wondered if he might be a sex addict himself..

II-


Inside the courtroom, Abner had proved to be right....
ADA Miles Ellis was indeed closing his case today... He hadn't produced one eyewitness that could place Abner at the scene of the murder...at the actual time. .Only hours before.



 Olivia, Beverly and Nelson through cross examination had been hammering that home the entire time, plus the fact that there was no credible motive at all...

The fingerprint and DNA evidence found in her loft would be there because our client admitted he had been with her earlier,plus he was her husband...

Miles hadn't even discovered that she had been married before to a now imprisoned Drug Lord...Something we were going to bring up next week when we began our defense...

I looked around the courthouse and I saw a familiar face...U.S. Attorney Karla Williams


who we had worked with a few months ago in a class action suit...She waved and smiled at Liv, Beverly, Nelson and I...We hadn't seen her since New Years Eve...

I wondered why she was here..
Sitting just a few seats over from her was ADA Miles Ellis's girlfriend...Attorney Alexandria Miller..She smiled at him and waved to him...
I studied his face....It was one of pure horror...He looked like he had burst into a cold sweat....He stared at Alex and then at Karla...


For the first time in this entire trial, he looked rattled...He stumbled on his words , He stuttured and he looked, well afraid!!

I smiled wryly and began to figure out just what might be at play....

Virginia Beach, Black Bar Association.....Karla was in the Black Bar Association,..She had talked to Liv, Beverly, Nelson  and Yvette Jones about joining....

What if...She was the woman Miles Ellis was in Virginia Beach with?   Hmmmmm I thought and smiled wryly to myself..

He finished his sumnation but from the looks on the jurors faces....He had convinced no one of anything...

Also sitting in the back of the jury visitors section was
Attorney Elwood Barnes, Olivia's first husband and the former live in lover of Alexandria Miller..

He had a sardonic grin on his face..

"Auntay? What the hell was that? That was the worst sumnation I've ever heard..."said Beverly..."We might not need Bum Ass's testimony.." she said.

"You think it's because Alex is here and she made him nervous?" asked Olivia..

"Nah...it would have to be something else.." said Nelson as we were leaving for the day...


"Olivia, Beverly, Donnie Ray...Nelson!!! How are yall doing?" came the voice of Karla Williams..
 "Heyyyyy Lady, How have you been?" said Olivia, hugging her..
 "Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Ms. Karla."said Beverly...
 "You came to see us work huh?" I said wryly as I hugged her..
"Hey Karla."said Nelson, also hugging her..


"You guys know I love you, Love yall to death..but I actually came to see my guy work.. He told me he was trying this case against you when I saw him yesterday.." said Karla.

"Your Guy?" asked Olivia..

"You seeing somebody and you didn't tell us?" laughed Beverly...


''Well it's kind of new...but I'm seeing ADA Miles Ellis..We just started dating like a month ago..Spent two weeks in Virginia Beach recently and spent the day together yesterday...I just rested my case in Federal Court today so I figured I'd come over here and watch him work and see my old friends..."said Karla..

Nelson looked at me and smiled wryly...
I smiled...and I'm sure the girls now understood everything..


We now knew just who had been curling his toes and we knew who had been curling Alexandria's toes...They both had been cheating on each other during those two weeks in which the murder occurred...


"I came down here to see him, but he's gone....I'm pretty sure he saw me in the visitor's section." said Karla.




None of us said a word...We all felt bad for Karla...but what Miles and her did during those two weeks had no bearing on our case at all.



III-

Miles Ellis was nowhere to be seen...



He had spirited Alexandria


into the judges chambers...

Where they were kissing passionately.....

"Oh My God Miles...Do I get you this discombobulated? You were stumbling over your words...Slurring your speech....Maybe I better not wear a skirt this short next time.." Alexandria giggled..

Her Micro Mini Skirt and her shapely legs and figure had several males heads turning and necks breaking in the courtroom...Plus the opening in her blouse showed a hint of cleavage...

She was a very attractive woman.




"Milesssssssss  , stoppppppppppppp...we are going to get caught.." she said in between slow smouldering kisses..

 "By who? The Judge has already gone for the day....I saw him...It's just me and you...."said Miles in between smouldering kisses...


"I shouldn't be back here with you.." she cooed...


"Sure you should...Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...."he moaned...

He slipped his hand up her skirt...She moved it.. "No.. Not in here.. NO! Stop it now!! " she said..

"Alex please....I've been thinking about you all morning, I just can't take it anymore..I need to have you..."said Miles...

"You had me last night Miles." she reminded him. "ALL LAST NIGHT"She giggled, He was great for her ego...

He slipped his hand up her skirt again, softly caressing her thighs and hips...he tugged on the waistband of her panties...

She was getting aroused..... "Ummmmmmm, you are soooo bad Miles, but we are not going to do this in here....Stop it now!." she said firmly and gently removed his hands...


 Miles smiled.. "Okay, Okay...I'll try and control myself.." he said softly...



"Yes.. try hard.." she said.. They kissed some more..

They walked out of the Judges Chambers....Everybody was gone!!

They walked out and walked hand and hand down the street..

Elwood was standing across the street watching and he was livid..

Just a few days ago, she was in his loft, making sweet love to him...Kissing him, curling his toes...


Now here she was back with him....How he despised ADA Miles Ellis...He couldn't stand the thought of her being with Miles Ellis..

His mind was made up....He was going to testify...And let Miles Ellis figure out for himself what he was doing in that loft that night..






III-

We returned home....Our office was as usual immaculate...Files filed..Clean as a whistle and our Office manager, not bored...

 Rockland wasn't kissing her, but had his arms around her waist ...
She was softly rubbing his arms..

"Hey Guys..You have a visitor..." said Alfreda..

 "Heyyyyy Stranger...We were beginning to think you didn't like us anymore."said Olivia..
 "Heyyy Bonnie Girl.."said Beverly hugging her.
 "Heyy Bonnie.."said Nelson..
"Long time no see.."I said, smiling..
It was Bonnie Shay, Attorney and Insurance Investigator for Cyclops Insurance...She had worked with us on several cases...Her boss was Elwood Barnes, Olivia's ex-husband..
"We'd like you to meet somebody....U.S. Attorney Karla Williams...we worked a class action suit case with her.." said Olivia..

"Pleased to meet you."said Karla. "Where is Josie?" she asked..

"She's in class today...Law school...She'll be along soon.."said Olivia.

Josie walked in just then with food...Her mouth was wide open...

"OH MY GOD!!! Hiiii Bonnie...KARLA!!!! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii girl!" she said..


"Heyyy Josie...I was just asking about you....I came to court today to see my guy and your team go against each other..."laughed Karla..

"Your Guy? You're seeing someone now?? Ouuuuu spill the tea girl...but first let's all eat.." she said as the delivery guy put
Chinese Take out all over the table..and Josie paid him.

"There's enough for everybody" said Beverly trying to change the subject ….
 ''Yes, everybody sit down..This is way too much food for just the five of us.."said Olivia
 "Yeah, Freda, You and Rockland too." said Nelson...
 "Sit right here Bonnie, take your pick."I said.
"Oh Myyy." she said..
 "Ummmmmm delish." said Alfreda..
"You guys are wayyy tooo good to me..."laughed Rockland..

"Ouuuu you guys are bad...and I'm trying to be good.."said Karla..
as the take out was spread across the table and we all chowed down...
"Liv, your ex-husband is no walk in the park to work for on a good day....but he's been miserable since he and Alexandria broke up." said Bonnie..

"I know, we've seen him.. In fact I saw him two nights ago...I'm trying to get him to testify in my case." said Olivia..
"I heard about your case....HE's the mystery eyewitness the whole city is looking for?" asked Bonnie.

"Sure is." said Beverly...
"That explains a lot. .About a month ago...Mr. Warmth came in and was laughing ,singing, snapping his fingers and I figured he must have gotten some the night before...He was really happy...So that was it...He was with Alex...but she has a boyfriend....You guys are trying your case against him."said Bonnie..

 Now the cat was out of the bag....I peered at Nelson...
He held his head down...
"He told me you guys helped him pick out an engagement ring. .I saw the ring, it was gorgeous...But when he went home to pop the question, she had cleaned the place out and left....He got me to find out where she was living....It wasn't hard...But what really threw him for a loop was when he found out about Assistant District Attorney Miles Ellis and her...He has a red hot hatred for him...A Hatred I've never seen before...He can't stand the fact that they're together.." said Bonnie..


"How long has he been seeing this.. Alexandria Miller...?" asked Karla..
"Oh I'd say about three months...Elwood had me do some underhanded stuff....Which I hated because it wasn't work related....I gathered information about both of them and their less than perfect pasts and made sure they both got it...It didn't change a thing...So when your friends Yvette Jones , Bee Bee Evans  and Sofia Garcia were trying a case against her , I gathered additional information and made sure they got it through their investigator Jade Lee...Alexandria lost her case...









Then he had me do the same thing for Keith Jones and Kahlil Ahmed...




who was trying a case against ADA Ellis and he lost his case too..

Elwood took great pleasure in that....He's the King of Petty...but it changed nothing...Alexandria and Miles are still together.." she said as she ate..



"Really? Because Miles Ellis has been blowing up my phone for about a month now and taking me out to dinner and lunch and for drinks and just spent two weeks in Virginia Beach with me at the Black Bar Association Convention.....Not to mention...He was with me last night...He told me that although he dates...He wasn't into anybody seriously.." said a very angry and distraught Karla.

 "Sorry Karla girl....He's a dog..He just wanted to get in your panties.. He left all of that out.."said Beverly...
 "He's cute, but he's a dog.. Bev is right.." said Josie..
"My ex husband, Elwood is no better....He was a dog too!  In fact for what it's worth...Alex left him because she found a pair of panties in his suitcase after a trip to Boston...They belonged to his second ex-wife..I doubt that she is serious about getting back with Elwood." said Olivia trying to soften the blow..

Karla was crying..

"I really thought Miles was different.." she sobbed..

Alfreda gave her some tissue and put her arms around her....

"I'm so sorry baby...It happens....You're a pretty girl...You'll find a guy who's crazy about you and that you can't get rid of....This guy is just a player..."she said and hugged her..
"Oh My God....I didn't know...I'm sooo sorry."said Bonnie.


"Nooo, you didn't do anything wrong....If not for you,I'd still be getting played.." said Karla.
 I whispered to Nelson...

"Now that was spilling the tea."
Nelson nodded..
Rockland heard us and smiled...
He attempted to add a little brevity to the mood..

"Damn good Chinese food...My compliments to Chinese Bob!" he said..

 Which got a smile from Olivia..
 and Beverly
 and Josie...
Alfreda laughed and shook her head..

"See baby...that's my goofball.. I can't get rid of him...I know he's not cheating because he's up under me every free second he has...That's what you want, That's what you need.." she said.


 Karla stopped crying and managed a smile..
Bonnie gave her some tissues and rubbed her back,.






IV-
Inside Alex's loft...She and Miles


 were doing nasty things..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!~" he moaned..


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu say my name, say my nammmmmmmmmmmmmme!"she cooed.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…" he groaned..

The bed was squeaking out of control...

"You are soo horny....We just made love last night....oh my goodness.."she cried out..

"You do that to me...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mommmyyyyy.." he moaned..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." she moaned herself..


Karla sent him a text...after calling his phone three times and it going straight to voicemail..


"ASSHOLE, DON'T EVER CALL ME OR TRY TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME AGAIN!!" said her text!

He wouldn't see it for hours...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph!" he groaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lawdddd!" she cooed.

He and Alex was obviously busy....

Elwood was standing outside of Alex's loft...He could hear the whole thing...Their moans, the bed squeaking, the headboard slamming against the wall..

He was livid...
He stomped his foot and stormed out of the loft....He pulled out his phone and made a call..

We were just finishing up our food..

''Well speak of the devil..it's Elwood." said Olivia.
"Wonder what bum ass wants.."asked Beverly...
''Let's see.." said Olivia. "Hello." she said..

"It's me Liv....I've changed my mind....I will testify...You just tell me when and where to be.."said Elwood..

''Are you serious? No Strings attached?" asked Olivia.
"No Strings at all...Could Donnie Ray accompany me to police headquarters?...Maybe I can identify this joker from the line up or mug shots.."he said.

"That's great...We'll all accompany you.....and Elwood , thank you." said Olivia..

"You're quite welcome.." said Elwood. "Oh and I'm sorry for what I said to you the other night...I didn't mean it...I-I am just lonely that's all...I should have never disrespected you like that.." he said.
"I know you are....Apology accepted.." said Olivia..


"Guess what? Elwood has agreed to testify...He wants us to go with him to police headquarters and let him see some mug shots."said Olivia..


"That's great....We'll pick him up in the morning.."I said.

"That's our case...we won our case.."said Josie..


"That may be fine and well...but I know my boss...He's doing this for one reason and one reason only...To deep six Miles Ellis....If he testifies..He's going to have to say who he was there visiting and there is no way at 4:45 am in the morning he was in Alexandria Miller's Loft just socializing.."said Bonnie..


"I like you...You should visit more often."laughed Alfreda.





Olivia, Beverly, myself, Josie and Nelson cracked up laughing..


Karla managed to smile too..

(CONCLUSION NEXT)




10 comments:

Toni said...

Hot Seat was the appropriate title..Miles is indeed in the hot seat! LMAO!

Angie B. said...

I rather like Miles Ellis...but he's really stepped in it now!

Sunflower said...

Hot Seat was the appropriate title!

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see how this mess ends!

Halo said...

lying, Cheating, Sex...This is Escapades at it's best!

Vanessa said...

Miles is in the Hot Seat for real!

Brenda said...

Miles has been warming two women's beds...And Alexandria has been warming two men's beds....The innocent person here is Karla..

Rita said...

The Miles /Alexandria/Elwood triangle has been raging for most of this year...Now poor Karla is caught up in this mess...

Cheryl said...

I can't wait until the conclusion of this..

George S. said...

Through out all this ,we've forgotten a man is on trial for murder!