Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Oh Sheila

Monica and I and some extra uniformed officers


interviewed and checked the alibis of some 172 people at Aqua port where one of our victims,Steven Curran 39 had been employed for 10 years...

He had an excellent employee record and except for one person who neither I nor Monica interviewed...No one had anything bad to say about him...

According to one of the uniformed officers who interviewed her, Sheila Dandridge..37 and Steven Curran had been in a three year relationship that had just ended two months before..She had lived with him...

When they broke up...She had moved out and was living with a girlfriend...

We checked out everybody's alibi and cross referenced their financials...Credit Cards,Debit Cards, Bank withdrawals and deposits as well as eyewitness accounts and cleared them all, including Sheila Dandridge.

She apparently was at work all day on the day of Steven Curran and his current girlfriend's death.

However when we went to interview her...she was not at her work station...She had clocked out for the day...
''Although she alibied out...Her behavior is a bit suspicious...We need to talk to her partner." said Monica.
"Yeah, I know..but first we got some more interviews to do.." I said.

II-

We next went to Spaceport where Sheila Watson, the other deceased person worked...There we met Kylie and Carlos..

 "You two would have to catch a cas...Have to catch a triple this week of all weeks.." Joked Kylie..
"Hey They are Murder police.....Murder doesn't stop because I;m on leave.."said Carlos..
'So you two finally came up for air...huh?" joked Monica..

''What are you doin here Carlos? You're on Vacay!" I said..
"He came to work with me...Lieutenant Cotton filled us in on the case....he told me you were at Aqua Port ,So we came here to Spaceport to help you guys out...We brought six uniforms...These guys are about to take the Detectives test..So this is a good way to break em in.."said Kylie..
"We brought six uniforms too...same deal...They're about to take the detectives test too!"said Monica..
"That's 16 people.. I'll pass out assignments...We'll get through this easier  I said as I set up our laptops and tablets...

We interviewed 200 people here...With Kylie and Carlos and extra manpower it went a lot smoother..

Sheila Watson too had been employed for 10-11 years...She too had a sterling record.... and we couldn't find anyone who had a bad thing to say about her...

She had been married briefly and divorced...No children...Was said to be bubbly and fun loving..

We even interviewed two ex-boyfriends...They had nothing bad to say about her...
 Monica...instead of interviewing anyone herself , went on every interview so she could scan the minds of the people and get a feel for their emotions...She found them all to be truthful...

I was busy checking financials (Credit, debit cards, bank accounts) and accounts of who was at work and who was where on the day of the murders...

We were able to clear them all....

III-

Back at headquarters, Lieutenant Cotton was waiting for us...
"So what did your great investigations turn up today?" he asked..
"Goose eggs..Everybody at work liked both of them and everybody's alibi checked out..."I said.

''There was however one person.. Sheila Dandridge..Steve Curran's recently spurned live in lover...
She alibied out..She was at work the whole day...but after she was interviewed...She clocked out and left...I want to talk to her some more."said Monica..
"Check her phone calls, especially on the day and the days leading up to the deaths...."said Lieutenant Cotton.. "How about the maid? Anybody check on her?" asked Lt. Cotton..
"I'm going to talk to her next of kin tomorrow and some of the people she worked with.."said Kylie..

''Seems like nobody had anything g bad to say or any kind of beef with either of these two." I said..
"Oh somebody did...or they'd be alive...Somebody went to an awful lot of trouble to make their deaths look mysterious....and to cover it up...See if any huge insurance policy was taken out on all three of them.."said Lt. Cotton..
"I'm going to look into every plant in the city that manufactures Nitrogen." I said..

''Way ahead of you brother in law...I'm no detective, but I was curious about that myself, so I looked it up."said Monique...who passed me a piece of paper with three factories and their addresses on it.
"Thanks...My assignment for tomorrow." I said.
"I'll go with you Nate....The girls can hang out together..."said Carlos...
"Aren't you on vacation?" asked Monica..

"I am but this case intruiges me..You don't mind do you Left tenant?" asked Carlos..

"No..No...knock yourself out..." said Lt. Cotton.







IV-

"Odd that he broke up with a Sheila and started dating another woman named Sheila.." I said..
"Yeah, I know...I guess it was just one of those things..."said Carlos...

"You enjoying your time here?" I asked..

"Oh My god, I'm exhausted...I can't get enough of Kylie...whoooooooo.." laughed Carlos..


as we flew towards the Nitrogen Factory...

And at the squad room...
"Carlos can't keep his hands off of me...My body needs a break....I wasn't in shape for all of this.."laughed Kylie..
"But it's a good feeling isn't it?" asked Monica..
"Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!" laughed Kylie...
"That's how I felt when I first met Nate and we started sleeping together....I wasn't used to having so much sex so often...but it was soo good, I couldn't say no..."laughed Monica..

"Ouuu girl!" said Kylie as they both giggled and grabbed their glocks and headed out..


As we headed towards the Metal Edge Cyrogenics Lab,
Carlos asked me..

"Why did you choose this one out of the other two on the list?" he asked..

"Two reasons...I went through decks and checked to see if any of the three reported a theft in the past month of any Nitrogen Cylinders..."I said.

"Of Nitrogen? That would be a uh er ruh rather weird or odd theft?" said Carlos..


"You're right and one theft of two Nitrogen Cylinders was reported.....The Day Watchman, an Ed Singelton was brought downtown by Robbery Detectives and the FBI and cleared for the time being...Also...This same Ed Singelton was named as the most recent suitor of Sheila Dandridge, the woman who had just broke up with Steven Curran and had to move out.." I said..

"Damn! Monica said you have great skills and are very intuitive....You two complement each other well.."said Carlos..
as we entered the factory.... I showed my ID and I walked in... I asked to talk to Ed Singelton...

"Damn." said a worker... "First Robbery Detectives, Then the FBI, Now Homicide...He sure is popular....HEYYY CHET...Call Eddie down here...His ass is gonna get fired behind this.." laughed the worker.

We waited for what seemed like forever....The worker came back...He was smiling sheepishly...

"Damndest thing....Eddie was here this morning...It appears he's clocked out for the day!" he said.

"You got an address for him?" I asked..

"Yeah, you can get it up front in personell…" said the worker.

"Tell Eddie, we'll be back." I said.

And at Sheila Dandridge's apartment... Monica and Kylie had made a grisly discovery ….

Sheila Dandridge had hung herself....
"Kylie , this case gets murkier and murkier the further along it goes.."said Monica..

"You aint never lied...A triple homicide and now a suicide....Uh it was a suicide wasn't it?" asked Kylie..
"Yes...this one was...And judging by body temperature and the way her legs and arms are situated....At the last minute....She changed her mind...but it was too late...The rope was too tight and it pulled too quick..."sighed Monique...
The CSI guys cut her down and snapped photos.....
''Nate and Carlos said that Ed Singelton gave them the slip...He clocked out of work before they got there..."said Lt. Cotton who just shook his head as the body was carted out..
in a body bag that was all too familiar to him..
Monica shook her head...

"Two Sheila's down." she said.

(TO BE CONTINUED)





No comments: