Thursday, June 27, 2019

To The Dark Side (A Love Story)

After the death of Sheila Dandridge of a probable suicide......Monica and I, along with Kylie and Carlos returned to Metal Edge Cyrogenics to talk to Ed Singelton...
 The plant manager and the worker we talked to were more than eager to help Monica...They couldn't keep their eyes off of her....

"Mrs. Nellis...We'll go right up and get Eddie, Is there anything...I mean anything else I can do for you?"asked the plant foreman...

"No just bring Mr. Singelton down and that's Detective Nellis...I'm Detective Nate Nellis's wife.." she said.

I always felt better when she let guys know that I was her husband...I think she instinctively felt that I sometimes got a little jealous of the attention she got from males...

I loved that she looked out for my feelings...
 I just smirked at the lusty plant manager...He hadn't been nearly as accommodating yesterday when Carlos and I had stopped by...In fact he had assigned another worker to help us.
 Kylie saw me and tugged on my shoulder...

"Awwww, it's so cute that you're a little jealous....You know your wife is hot...You knew that the day you became her partner...Which is uh why you're married to her now.." she said reassurringly...

Kylie was getting her fair share of stares and ogles herself...She was offered coffee three times and by three different guys....

"This place needs more females to be employed here...These guys act like they haven't seen a woman in years...." she remarked..
"Awww You like it....You know you're hot your damn self...which is why I can't keep my hands off you.."said Carlos, caressing her butt..

Kylie smiled , but politely removed his hands...

"I knowwww...you are just impossible.." she giggled...
"Here comes the plant manager now.."said Monica..

"I'm sorry...I didn't see this...He uh sent this email early this morning...Said he wouldn't be in today, said there has been a death in his family...." said the plant manager..

"Do you have a phone number or address?" asked Monica..

"Uh yeah, we gave it to your husband yesterday..." he said.


"The phone went straight to voicemail and Carlos and I went by his place three times and he wasn't there and nobody said they'd seen him recently either.."I said..
"Hmmmm that looks awful suspicious.."said Kylie..
"Let's stop by his place this morning and then head back to headquarters..."said Monica..

"You guys don't think Eddie stole those tanks do you?  I mean what would he do with them?" asked the Plant Manager..

"I don't know...Maybe when we find him he'll tell us."said Monica who smiled sweetly...

"I'd tell you anything."said the Plant Manager...who clearly had a crush on Monica..

She just laughed...
The four of us headed back to the squad room..We did visit Ed Singelton's place...There was no sign of him...
"I want an all points bulletin out on Ed Singelton...He is a person of interest in a triple homicide..and a major theft of a dangerous chemical.."I radioed in...

II-
At the squadroom, I had photos taken from his drivers license sent out across the city....I had all units put on alert..

Police at Train stations, Bus Stations, Airports, Aquaport and spaceport had his photo and general description and were told to pick him up on suspicion...

"Did you alert Octopuss Garden and Lemuria(Our Undersea cities)? " asked Lt. Cotton.

"I did and I sent his photo to their detectives.."I said...
"I've been going over all of her Sheila Dandridge's phone calls and text and social media...It appears she was obsessed with this guy, Steve Curran....and in the weeks after they broke up, there was a flurry of texts....Her Facebook and Twitter profiles still had a photo of the two of them as though they were still a couple."said Monica.

"On his Facebook profile...She was no longer listed as his "friend" So she made a dummy profile and kept commenting...sending him photos of her in her panties and bra and saying "See what you're missing?" It was on their at the time of death.."said Kylie..
''So she was an obssessed girlfriend or ex-girlfriend.."said Lt. Cotton.
''She Cyberbullied his current Sheila...on Twitter and Instagram....telling her she couldn't take what was hers..." I said..

"Yes..I saw that...but at no time...was there any threat of violence or reprisal right?" asked Lt. Cotton..
"Doesn't look like it.."said Kylie as she walked out of the squadroom and down the hallway...
"Where does Ed Singelton fit in...?" asked Lt. Cotton..
"He was the man in waiting...Sheila Dandridge's current boyfriend...Apparently from what I heard...He'd been hanging around on the sidelines for years ,waiting his chance..."I said.


"So now he had it...Why would he kill those two and Dandridge?" asked Lt. Cotton.

"I don't think he killed Dandridge...She is a legitimate suicide...but he may have killed the others to either please her or get them out of the way....It appears she was still obsessed with Steve Curran.."said Monica.

"Yeah...Ed Singelton is her man and yet her Facebook profile still has her and Steve Curran when they were together.."I said..

"I've got a text.." said Monica... "It's from a Yvonne Curry...She wants to meet with us to talk about Sheila Dandridge!!!She sent her address and phone number..." said Monica.

"See what she has to say and keep me posted.."said Lt. Cotton.

"Coming Partner?" asked Monica..

"Of course..We getting Kylie and Carlos?" I asked..

"Nahhh, me and you can handle this...besides...I have a feeling Kylie is busy.." said Monica softly as we headed to the roof..

And in the back hallway...

"You are so fresh..." said Kylie to Carlos in between soft kisses...
"Mmmmm so are youuu.." he moaned in between more hot smouldering kisses..

"Let's take the day off.." said Carlos..

"I cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn't..I'm in the middle of a case...You need to go back to your hotel room, you're too much of a distraction.."said Kylie softly in between giggles..

and more kisses...

Up on the rooftop, Monica looked at me funny...


"Remember when we used to come up here and make out?" she said..

"Yeah...How can I forget? " I said..

''Wellllll the rooftop camera is off.." she said.
"How do you know that?" I asked.
"Becaussssssssssssssssssssse...I turned them off.."she laughed wickedly...
"Well nowwwww.."I said slyly...

I took her behind my Flying car, just in case the cameras did come on...
we kissed passionately...….

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh partner...."she moaned..

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mo-Mo..." I moaned in between kisses...

I unstrapped her pants and slowly slipped them off...

The cool wind blew on us..Monica trembled as I slipped her panties down her legs...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she said ..

I lifted her up and entered her slowly...She was so soft, so wet....I was delirious...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Natee…...I love you soo much.." she moaned..

"I love you tooo..ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.."I moaned..

A HALF HOUR went by...we both came and came hard...
"That was a nice quickie.." I said, catching my breath..
"Yes baby.." she said...



"You had breakfast?" she asked..

"I did...but I'll go with you to pick up something on the way to this woman's apartment...." I said..

"Nah, we've already wasted enough time.."said Monica.


"It wasn't a waste of time.."I said softly.

We hungrilly embraced and kissed each other passionately....

"Wow...We are something...We are getting totally out of control." I said in between kisses...




III- 


Monica and I went to the apartment of Yvonne Curry..

The woman who had texted us...

"Oh wow...You're not what I expected..."she said upon seeing us....Detective Monica Nellis, Detective Nate Nellis..You guys...You guys are married..."she said.

 "Yupper! What is it..Three years now Partner?" said Monica..
"Yeah.."I said and smiled.

''Awwww that's so sweet...Yall so cute...I can tell you guys are together...Yall have that glow..Sheila and Stevie had that same glow when they were together.." she said..

 "And that's why we are here.."said Monica.
"Three people are dead because of that glow...and one person was totally innocent.."I said..

"They were ALL innocent...Nobody needed to die behind this...but Sheila didn't kill those people..she wasn't a killer...and the last thing she would have wanted would have been for Stevie to die...When she found out he was dead...It destroyed her.."said Yvonne..

"He was the love of her life?" asked Monica..

"He was...And even though they had broken up...She held out hope that they would get back together.."said Yvonne..

"And when he died along with the other two?" I asked..

"She was horrified..."said Yvonne...  "Let me tell you a love story detectives.... Sheila and I have been friends since we were in grade school....When we were kids...Sheila was a little chunky....I was the one who got all of the attention of the boys..I was turning boys away...running from them...but, by the time we had graduated from high school, Sheila had lost all of that weight and she had worked out almost avidly....She was a brick house...Had all the qualities the boys liked...Physically.."said Yvonne.

I had remembered the body in the apartment yesterday and at the medical examiner's office..She was very attractive...built like a ship as my dad would have said.. I saw the photos she put on Instagram of her in her panties and bra....She was a very attractive woman...Hard to believe she was once overweight..
"Mentally, Sheila wasn't street smart or very savy and she got taken advantage of by a lot of guys who had one thing in mind and one thing only.."said Yvonne..
"They wanted to get in her panties...and they probably said whatever they thought she wanted to hear to that end."said Monica.


''You got it.. Sheila had three abortions and two miscarriages..dealing with bad guys...Then she met Stevie...Stevie was different...He really was..She and I both thought Stevie hung the moon...I told her to go slow..but she fell head over heels in love..I think in the beginning at least...He did too...I mean they had that glow like you two got..He looked at her the way your husband is looking at you Monica.."said Yvonne, giggling..
I had to catch myself. I was often caught staring at Monica like a hungry wolf...

Monica smiled and softly rubbed my hands...

"I'm sorry...I do the best I can to get him to control himself." she joked..

"You two are so cute....I expected two old white guys, one with a pork pie hat and the other out of shape with a coffee stain on his shirt.."said Yvonne..

 "You've been watching too many old television shows.." I said..
"I know right?" laughed Monica..

Yvonne's apartment was beautiful.....
''Can I get you guys some coffee?" she asked..
She poured three cups of coffee..

and had Alexa play some cool music while we sipped coffee and she continued to talk..

"Anyway...Stevie was just like you...He stared at Sheila like a hungry wolf and he couldn't keep his hands off of her..They were embarrassing at times the way they carried on...I was happy for Sheila..She had finally found a good man...They moved in together and for three or four years everything was great...She began asking Steve about getting married...And it became clear that he didn't want to get married..She let it slide for awhile..but soon it became a bone of contention between them and so the week before Christmas ,they broke up...and Sheila moved out...

She lived here with me for awhile until she got her own place...She was distraught...I thought she should go to therapy...She was stalking him, calling him and begging him to reconsider...Saying they didn't have to get married , just take her back...but Stevie was through...And then he stared dating another girl named Sheila...and that just through her over..." said Yvonne..

"Where does Ed Singelton come into all of this?" I asked.

She grimaced..

"Him?  He was my boyfriend at one time...A few years ago...but there was a darkness about Ed...He scared me..We broke up...Then he started sniffing around Sheila.. I warned her about him...I told her he was no good..But she started dating him anyway...First on the low..She didn't want me to know about it...Then I found out...She said they weren't serious..They were just friends with benefits..but I think it was a little different for Eddie...He's a very possessive type of guy and extremely jealous.."said Yvonne.

"Jealous enough to kill?" asked Monica.

"Is that what you think?  The news said those three died of still unspecified causes..."said Yvonne..

"That's exactly what I think...The news is saying that because that's all we have released to the news...They were killed by Nitrogen poisoning...Every bit of oxygen was drained out of their blood. .It was a peaceful death...They never knew what hit them...The Nitrogen was sent through the air conditioning system...Ed Singelton works at Metal Edge Cryrogenics Lab , where two cylinders of Nitrogen were reported stolen a week before the murders...We've tried to get in contact with him two days straight and he hasn't been at his job or his home.." I said..

"Oh My God!" said Yvonne..

'We want to talk to him..right now he is our number one person of interest in this case.."said Monica.

"Those Three people were murdered?" asked Yvonne..


"Yes...and so much of that stuff was still in the room..."said Monica..

"That the maid ,who had absolutely nothing to do with this also died when she came in the room.."I said.

''Awww you two finish each other's sentences....You are so cute!" said Yvonne...Who then got serious...

"Eddie was always dark...I'm afraid he had really gone to the dark side now...if he's guilty of this..I haven't seen or heard from him and I don't want to.."said Yvonne..

We finished our coffee..


"Thank you Yvonne for filling in the blank spaces..."said Monica..
\


''And thanks for your hospitality..."I said as we got up and left..

IV-

Our next stop was the medical examiner's office where my sister in law, Monica's twin sister, Monique was waiting for us..
"Hey Sissy, Brother in law..I've got something for you..."said Monique..

 "Just hope it's something we can use..."said Monica.
''We have our suspicions , but very little in the way of evidence.." I said.

''Well Sheila Dandridge is a suicide... one of my guys found a cell phone in her apartment..a burner phone and we found an interesting set of texts on it.."said Monique..


"EDDIE YOU MONSTER...YOU KILLED THOSE PEOPLE"


"I DID WHAT I DID FOR YOU...FOR US...NOW SHUT UP AND GET OFF THIS PHONE."


"IT'S A BURNER PHONE, NOBODY WILL SEE THIS."

"We trace the ip address and we got him."I said.

''Surprise.....I did that while you guys were out...It belongs to...Wait for it...Edward Singelton" said Kylie..
"You got away from Carlos long enough to do us that solid girly?" said Monica ,laughing and hugging Kylie..
"I did....I talked him into going back to his room...."giggled Kylie...
"Now all you guys gotta do is find him.."said Monique.
"Easier said than done...He may have a bit of a head start on us..."I said..

Monica's phone rang....It was Yvonne...

"Hello!" she answered...

"Detective Nellis...You've got to help me...I'm afraid...Eddie Singelton called me...He talked to me for a long time about all kinds of nonsense...He says he still loves me and wants to see me...I don't buy it..but I've packed a bag and left my apartment...I'm at your squadroom...I'm scared..I need someplace to stay.." she said..

"Hang on...My husband and I will be there..."said Monica..

I looked at Monica..

"Mo Mo, who was that?" I asked.

"That my sweet baby was our way to close this case.." said Monica.


(CONCLUSION NEXT)


10 comments:

Toni said...

Classic Escapades!

Angie B. said...

This is you doing what you do best!

Sunflower said...

Loved this!

Lisa said...

Everything was poppin, the story, the visuals, the music!

Halo said...

Let me repeat Angie B.'s comment!This is you doing what you do best!

Vanessa said...

Loved it, Loved it, Loved It!

Rita said...

Gets no better than this!

Brenda said...

The girlfriend was the key to this whole case!

Cheryl said...

Usually is! LOL!

George S said...

Now the story is moving in Hyper drive,I was waiting for an episode like this..The narrative had been moving a little slow prior to this.