Thursday, June 13, 2019

Goodbye Booty

TWO WEEKS LATER-

Ms. Yvette, Jade, Bee Bee and Sofia were standing in the hallway of the courthouse drinking tumblers of coffee...
''Don't you worry Jade...When I'm through with him...He won't be able to go a mile near you." said a very confident Yvette...

"Thank you all so much for everything you've done for me.." said Jade...

Jade had already returned to her apartment a week before

...Shawn Columbsy hadn't bothered her ,but cars with tinted windows still drove up and down our block...Government cars...

"You won't have to worry about those cares from Immigration driving up and down the street either.." added Bee Bee..
"You're an American Citizen...You shouldn't have to take that crap.."said Sofia..
ADA Nina Rios walked over to the girls...

"Hi Yvette, Hi ladies..." she said..
"Nina...These are my associates...Attorney Beatrice Evans and Attorney Sofia Garcia and our investigator, Jade Lee.." said Yvette..
 "Please to meet you.."said Bee Bee..
 "Pleased to meet you.."said Sofia.

"Pleased to meet you.." said Jade Lee.

"Same here...Wowww..They look like kids or are we getting old?" asked Nina..

"Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrl...Both...We are here because we are bringing a sexual harassment case against ICE agent Shawn Columbsy….He has been sexually harassing our investigator, Jade Lee since she came to the country...She has her citizenship now and he's still bothering her..."said Yvette..

"The Power of The Panties....It will drive some men to pure recklessness...I figured there was a personal angle when he and that idiot, Lt. Tragg arrested her a few weeks ago on those trumped up conspiracy charges...with no evidence whatsoever...

And now they have her cousin down the hall on some equally bogus murder charges...I recused myself from this case..I voted to drop all charges..but my boss over ruled me...He's up for re-election...He doesn't want to seem too soft on crime...Ayyeee caramba.."said Nina..  "I understand two of your other associates are defending him..." said Nina..
"Yes...Keith Jones and Kahlil Ahmed...


They're also two of mine.." said Yvette...
"You said you've recused yourself...If you're not trying this case...Who is?




Rockland Cambridge?  , Miles Ellis??  Ron Harper??" asked Bee Bee..

Nina laughed..

"None of them...They don't want to touch this case or anything that has anything to do with Lt. Tragg." said Nina..

"So if I know right..You guys have fed some young ADA to the wolves...Young ,inexperienced...Poor guy or gal.."said Sofia ,laughing..
"He is young...I wouldn't say he's being fed to the wolves...He's about you guys ages.. Like you, he graduated from Penn Law..He's very ambitious...This is just a stop along the way...I don't expect him to be here next year....His name is Danny..Danny Vanier.. He's very good.."said Nina..
That name made Sofia stop in her tracks...She almost choked on her tumbler of coffee...
He just happened to walk by just then...

"Wellllllllllllll I'll be...what a co-incidence this is...I'm already facing two of my old college classmates in this trial, Keith Jones and Kahlil Ahmed


....and I run into you two, Bee Bee and Sofia...You two get married to each other yet?" he joked..

The two had been best friends since kintergarden, had gone to the same schools all through life, including college and law school. They were very close...He always teased Sofia that she really loved Bee Bee and not him.

"Did ANYBODY marry you, snake?" snarled Bee Bee...It was obvious the two did not like each other..

Bee Bee had always been team Kahlil in college and law school..


.saying he was the guy she should hook up with... Bee Bee had met Kahlil in one of her classes at Temple and introduced him to Sofia..her room-mate..He was smitten immediately......

The three had been inseparable ever since.

Daniel Vanier  laughed...

''Ahhhh Beatrice...You haven't  changed a bit.. Still a pretty little pit bull...Probably makes you a great lawyer..."he said..

He then turned towards Sofia...His tone changed..

"How you been Sofia?" he asked.

"I've been well..."said Sofia..
"I hear that you, Beatrice, Keith and uh Kahlil work at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt...not badd….First year out of law school and you four land a dream job at a corporate firm...Impressive..
Where are you living?"he asked..

"The four of us live in the Alongin Apartments...Bee and I are room-mates, Keith and Kahlil live a floor above us.." said Sofia.
"Figures,Just like in Law school when you guys lived in the co-ed dorms....Maybe I uh can come see you.. Maybe we can go out for a drink and talk..I was a drunken asshole on graduation night..I uh always meant to look you up and tell you I was sorry...I guess I got drunk to get the nerve to tell you how I felt about you.." he said..

"Danny it's been four years...Forget about it......Kahlil and I are seeing each other....We are pretty serious..."said Sofia..

At the mention of Kahlil's name he straightened up...

"Oh.....Well it was uh nice seeing you again Sofia....I have a case to try...as I'm uh sure you do too." he said and walked down the hall...

Yvette eyed him....

"He's cute...Arrogant as hell, but cute.." she said..

"The cute ones usually are.."said Jade..

"He's very ambitious...He's won his first 50 cases....He and you uh obviously have some history Ms. Sofia.." said Nina, smiling..."I've never seen anybody render him speechless like that.."said Nina..

"He used to be in love  with her when we were in law school...He was her Shawn Columbsy…Followed her everywhere she went...Called our room all times of night for her.. Begged her to come to his room.. Take a ride in his car with him..."said Bee Bee..
"Oh My God.....Noooo, you poor thing.." said Jade..

"He wasn't a complete asshole...Not all the time...Only when he was drinking or around his friends..There were times, when we were alone, that he could be quite sweet...It's just that...Kahlil was sweet too and I kinda knew he liked me...I was waiting for him to say something...because , well...I liked Kahlil  a lot...A lot more than even I was willing to admit publicly at the time.....Maybe a little more than Danny...I don't know.." said Sofia..

''Well don't just stand there girl...Spill the tea.." laughed Yvette..






II-
AQUA BAR- GRADUATION NIGHT 2016-

The place was jumping.....The four of us were celebrating...We had just graduated from The University of Pennsylvania School of Law...and we were celebrating...

''Damn man, Three years went by fast...Didn't it? We graduated man, we did it..."said Khalil..

"Hey did you sign up to take the bar yet?" I asked..
"I took care of all of that...."said Bee Bee..


"I figured you would...As organized and together as you are.." I joked..

"You say that like it's a bad thing.." laughed Bee Bee, playfully punching me on the shoulder..

"I just sent my check.. How bout you guys?" asked Sofia..

"Yeah, Keith and I sent them a check and signed up yesterday...We may all be taking it the same time." said Kahlil..
"Wow...This might be our last night together....We've been inseparable for three years....And Kahlil, you, me and Sofia have been inseparable for seven if you count our four years at Temple..."said Bee Bee...

"I'm gonna miss you guys....Any job offers? Prospects??" I asked...

"I saw something real promising in Atlanta....I like the ATL...and something else in Georgetown.. Oh yeah and one thing here in Philly..A woman named Yvette Jones

 talked to me yesterday about working at McClusky/Connor/Cozen and Pratt downtown...The money looked good.. Not as good as the offer in Atlanta.. but hey...At least I could stay in Philly if I decide to take it.." said Bee Bee..

"I was fielding an Offer from Immigration in D.C. If you go to work in Georgetown, we'd be close.. We could still hang out.."said Sofia.. "That Yvette Jones lady called my house too...

I wasn't home, but Mami took it...She said the money sounds good...But she just wants me to stay in Philly that's all." laughed Sofia..

"A guy in San-Francisco at the Innocence Project sent me a letter and I got an offer from a big law firm in Denver....Oh and that


Yvette Jones woman called me too..."said Kahlil.

"Man you guys got good offers....Looks like I may be stuck here in Philly...I got a call from the Public Defenders Office, The Innocence Project here in Philly and that Yvette Jones woman...

She is sharp though...I talked to her.. Her offer was the best or the highest paying of the three offers I got.." I said..
"I heard you two guys got an apartment already..."said Sofia..

''We just signed the lease yesterday....I live on the second floor and Kahlil lives on the sixth floor.. It's nice...Not far from here...This area is movin up...Three shopping centers.. lots of nice restaurants and bars like this one.. a gym..."I said..
"Yeah Sofia...you should uh come to visit me sometimes.."said Kahlil..
"Just me?...Not Bee Bee?" she joked..

"I'm hurt..." said Bee Bee..
''Awww come on...you know what I mean?..Of course I want you to visit me Bee...After all, you helped me get through torts.."said Kahlil, laughing and hugging Bee Bee..

"I'm on let you off the hook because you're a little tipsy and this might be the last time I see you for awhile.." laughed Bee Bee.

''Where are you girls staying after tonight?" I asked.
"I'm back at home..My mother is driving me crazy...I need to hurry up and pass this bar...And then start fielding these offers from Atlanta and Georgetown.." said  Bee Bee..

"I'm at home too...Same thing..Mami and Papi driving me crazy....Soon as I pass the bar..I'm headed to D.C."said Sofia, who looked at Kahlil..."What's the matter, you look sad?' she said..

"I can't imagine not seeing you guys everyday...Us being miles away.."said Khalil...
''We'll keep in touch...We've got Facebook, Twitter, Social Media...Smartphones..Laptops..and you know we'll all be home for the holidays.." said Bee Bee..

It was a nice thought...but I knew how these things ended...We'd stay in touch for awhile..then our careers and life would push us further and further away from each other...I didn't want to think about it, about losing three of the best friends I ever had..but Bee Bee was right....This might be our last night together....

Todd Dellums, Bee Bee's ex-fiancé walked in...He saw the four of us and walked over to Bee Bee..

"Congratulations...My mom told me you graduated today....Sorry I missed it..I graduated two weeks ago in Boston.." he said..

"I suppose congratulations are in order for you also.." said Bee Bee.

"Let's get out of here...Let me take you to dinner....I leave in the morning...Maybe we can go back to my place.."said Todd..

"Todd....We did that a few weeks ago in your basement...We aren't together anymore...No more of that anymore...We are both free and besides...This could be the last night I'll be spending with my best friends."said Bee Bee..
"I don't believe you...Are you serious??"he said..

"I'm not your girlfriend anymore...Why wouldn't I be serious? ...I gave you your little parting gift...Goodbye Booty a couple of weeks ago....You gets no more..."said Bee Bee..
"Your loss.. Have a nice life Beatrice.." said Todd, who stormed out of the bar..


''Later for you too.. Jerk!" said Bee Bee.
I was a little tipsy, but I peeped what had just went down...

"Bee, I think your fiancé was a little perturbed at you..."I said.

"He's not my fiancé...We ended that Three years ago...when he went off to law school...He wanted some Goodbye Booty...He wasn't getting any more  from me...Not tonight.. Not ever.." said Bee Be.
''Sofia...Can I talk to you in private?" asked Kahlil..

"Sure..Let's walk over to the corner.."said Sofia, taking Kahlil by the hand...

Just then, Daniel Vanier walked in, completely ignoring the fact that Kahlil was talking to her and snatched her away...

''Heyyy man...We were talking.." said Kahlil..
"Ask me if I care...Sofia..look...I've had my eye on you since day one of law school..Now that we've graduated..I'm making it plain baby...I want you like nobody's business...How can you resist me?" asked Danny ,half kidding and half serious...

"I know a nice quiet place we can go, have some drinks and uh then you know..move the night on...I got a private spot we can go to..." he said..

Kahlil walked away....He had blown any chance he had with Sofia now...This night couldn't get any worse he thought...
Sofia pulled her arm away...

"I'm not going anywhere with you Danny....You're rude and egotistical and you're drunk..." said Sofia.

"Did I mention I'm Horny?" he asked and laughed..

"Throw in asshole and you got it.." she said and walked away from him...

I was at the bar....I was a little drunk...

I had really been knocking those drinks back on this night...

Kahlil looked distraught...

"This was the last chance I had to tell Sofia how I feel about her....I blew it man....I should have said something long before, like you told me...Damnnn home slice..I screwed the pooch on this one.." he said.

 "Heyyy don't sweat it Kahlil...It's better this way...We are all going our separate ways soon anyhow.. You'll meet someone else." I said..
I was drunk..
Kahlil looked as if he'd lost his best friend..when he felt an arm tugging on his suit jacket...It was Sofia..

"You wanted to talk to me?" asked Sofia..

"Look, I don't know what the future holds for any of us...but I...I love you and I've been in love with you since I first met you at Temple.....Why do you think I've been hanging around you girls?..If you're going to D.C....I want to go with you after we pass the bar...I'll find something...I'm sure..I  just don't want to live in a world without you.." said Kahlil..

''WOWWWWW Two guys in one night telling me they love me...I must be hot stuff huh?...I'll let you in on a little secret....I love you too....Always have...I was waiting for you to say something, for Three years......Now that we got that out of the way......I'm thinking of calling that Yvette Jones woman and taking her up on her offer.. You should too...It's good money and it's here in Philly..."said Sofia.

''Okay...We gotta find someplace to live."said Kahlil..
"I'm not going to live with you...Not yet anyway...I'll be your girlfriend though...I practically have been your girlfriend for seven years...minus sex...Why didn't you say something before?  I was waiting for you to make a move...I was never really sure how you felt.. Oh well, better late than never.. See if there is an additional room, a double in that apartment complex you and Keith live in...for me and Bee Bee.."said Sofia..

"Sofia, you just made me the happiest man on Earth!!!"said Kahlil...

''Did I? ON EARTH???  That's good to know...You've made me happy too...and relieved as well.." she said..
They kissed passionately for a few minutes...….

"I'm going to get Bee on board with this tomorrow.. and I know Keith will be about it,if the three of us go in. I want to stay here in Philly with you guys."said Sofia..
"I do too...What about tonight?" asked Kahlil.

Sofia took him by the hand..

"Tonight, you are going to take me someplace quiet for a few more drinks and then we are going to get a room somewhere...I have some money and act like Boyfriend and Girlfriend..."she said softly, rubbing his hands..
He smiled sheepishly and they walked out hand in hand...
Daniel Vanier saw the two of them leaving...He stomped his foot angrily and tossed his glass at the wall...

Bee Bee was at the bar talking to me...

"You know what Keith...I'm going to take that Yvette Jones up on her offer..I don't wanna leave Philly? Do you?" she asked..

''Nahhh.."I said and rubbed her pretty legs.. "I think I'm gonna take her up on her offer too...I'm gonna get Kahlil on board tomorrow..and you talk to Sofia.."I said..


"I will and see if there is another unit in that apartment building you guys live in...preferably a double, so that me and Sofia can room together..."said Bee Bee..

"The four of us together...Friends for life..."I said..

"Yupper!  Come on buddy...You're in no mood to drive tonight...You've been hittin the drinks pretty hard.....I'm gonna take you home with me...My mother loves you...She calls you her future son in law..Imagine that! You can sleep on the couch...I have some covers and I'll drive you to your car in the morning.."said Bee Bee..

''Bee..you're my best female friend....I love you.." I said.. and hugged her tight like I never wanted to let her go..

That wasn't drunkenness...I had wanted to hold Bee Bee, and hug her for the longest time....and I think she wanted me to hug her and hold her too!
"I love you too buddy." said Bee Bee, as she helped me to her car..

It was the first time either of us had used the word love in relation to us...and we both meant it a little deeper than it sounded to the casual listener...

wading through the crowd...
III-
''Wowwww that was some story... And you guys are couples now...You and Keith and Sofia and Kahlil??"asked Nina..
 "Me and Keith

took a little longer to get together.." said Bee Bee..

"Yeah, a couple of weeks more.." laughed Ms. Yvette, who hugged Bee Bee..
"But me and Kahlil
got together that night and we've been inseperable ever since.." said Sofia..
"And that's how I got the band together.." laughed Yvette...Smiling and looking at her girls.

ICE Agent Shawn Columbsy walked by them...He was with his lawyer, Bud Styles...They didn't look Yvette's way...
"Well good luck in court guys.." said Nina..
"Thanks Nina...You, Olivia and I need to do lunch one of these days.." said Yvette..


 "Nice Meeting you.."said Jade..
 "It's showtime as Keith says.." laughed Bee Bee..
"Let's go get em  mama!" said Sofia..

and Down the Hall..
''I can't wait to go up against that Snake in court.." said Kahlil staring at Danny Vanier.
who looked cocky and sure of himself..

''You guys know the Prosecutor..?" asked Chen Lee..

''We were in law school together.." I said.
"But you really don't like him Kahlil?" asked Chen Lee."

"I despise him..." said Kahlil..

"This is about a woman isn't it?" said Chen Lee..

I smiled..

"Isn't it always?" I said..






IV-

Gary was at the headquarters of the Criminal Investigation Division of the Philadelphia Police Department..an elite unit of detectives that handled major cases....

Today he was on the third floor where the feds, FBI and ATF were...Talking to FBI Deputy Special Agent in charge, Sharon Hopkins..

She looked at his case file...

"Okay Gary...you've got a hit of a small time drug dealer...why are you talking to me? Plus isn't this Lt. Tragg's case?" she said.

"So you see my problem...The D.A.'s office didn't really want this case...
ADA Nina Rios recused herself.."said Gary..
"I know her..I was in law school with her...She recused herself because this case is weak as hell...but your boss didn't drop it and some young hot shot is prosecuting...and two of your girlfriend's charges are defending this kid...You really love Yvette don't you?...Your job for the D.A.'s office is over.. You compiled your information already...You can't go to Sissy and her guys because they can't interfere with another detective..namely Lt. Tragg's case or lack of one..
"But The FBI has no such restriction...So you come to me...Now what can I do for you?" asked Sharon...
"Tony Lo...He's not small potatoes...He brings a package of Heroin and Opiates in from Canada every month...High grade stuff...He had Charlie Wang whacked...I know it...and the guy who did it...Ling Lou is in Camden....That makes it Interstate Flight to avoid prosecution...That makes it federal.." said Gary..

"He hasn't been indicted for anything..." said Sharon...

''Look there were seven calls made to the owner of this Chinese Restaurant where Charlie Wang got whacked within the hour leading up to the murder..NOBODY orders that much Chinese takeout..I have both phone records right here. They were both co-ordinating the movements of Charlie Wang...shortly after he arrived in the parking lot..He is shot and killed with Ling Lou's favorite weapon...the .22..This was done up close and personal..You get Ling Lou...He'll give you Tony Lo..."said Gary..

"You'd of made a great lawyer...Okay...I'll do you this solid...Only because I love Yvette...That's my girl...




Me ,My husband, Yvette Jones and Olivia Bennett were as tight as Yvette's four babies as she refers to them




when we were in law school...You know where this guy hangs out?" asked Sharon..

"Yeah, I remember him from my days as a Homicide Detective...He's a particularly nasty piece of business...So come heavy. He likes Fish...He does business at Adventure Aquarium....." said Gary...

"We'll be ready in one hour..."said Sharon..

"Mind if I bring one more person to the party?" asked Gary..
"Who?" asked Sharon...

"Another federal type...A guy who desperately needs a win." said Gary...

Sharon laughed..

''Sureeeee Gary, Anything for youuu." she said, still laughing.


ICE Agent Shawn Columbsy answered his door...He was shocked at who he saw...

"YOU!!!  What do you want?  Your girlfriend is burying me in court...I could lose my job...."he snarled..

"Well then today is your lucky day....I'm giving you a chance to make this right , you interested?" asked Gary....

(CONCLUSION NEXT)





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouuuuu The title made me throw my panties!

Toni said...

Classic! I loved it!

Angie B. said...

These are the Escapade stories I live for!

Sunflower said...

So this is how Yvette got the band together!

Lisa said...

So that's how Yvette put the band together.

Halo said...

I love these back stories!

Vanessa said...

I love them too! Filled in the missing pieces!

Brenda said...

Totally enjoyed this...Didn't want it to end!

Rita said...

So this is how Yvette got the band together! Loved it!

Cheryl said...

Loved the title...Thought it was going to be about something else though...Loved the story about how and why they decided to stay and work together.

Yvonne Anderson said...

These four have such a close and loving relationship...Especially Bee Bee and Sofia..They are a family in a very real way...Very rare that such close knit people remain together after college ,but they did...Hope they all continue to be in each other's lives..

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Great Story! An Escapades Classic!