Friday, June 28, 2019

Mr. Singelton, I Presume

When We returned to the Squadroom….A Very frightened and shaken Yvonne Curry was sitting with Lt. Cotton..

"I'm glad to see you guys...He called me right after you guys left my place....Said he still loved me and that he needed to talk to me..I got out of there as quick as possible...You've got to help me.."she said.

''She  has told me the entire story...I think we can use her to flush this guy out.."said Lt. Cotton.

"I do too....We are going to take you back to your place....Only Detective Kylie White is going with you...and we are going to wire you...The wire will be in your bra, where he can't easily detect it..."said Monica.

"I'm scared...I think eddie is fishing for something...he knows I collected Sheila's things from her apartment after she died...He kept asking me if I found anything interesting.."

"I think he was searching for a burner phone...Which we have already retrieved ,long before you got there...It has a pretty damaging text from him with him basically admitting to triple murder...after being accused of it by Sheila, who wanted no part of it or him..." I said.

"I knew Sheila would never agree to anything like that...I think knowing Steve was dead and that now they would never get back together drove her over the edge...and she killed herself.."said Yvonne Curry..

"So help us get this guy...help us take him off the street..."said Monica..
"Okay, what do you want me to do?" she asked..

"We want you to call him , tell him to come over and to bring some wine...If he wants to talk." I said.

"I'll be hidden in your apartment listening to everything...If things get out of hand..I'll be there to han dle it. "said Kylie..
 "And my husband and I will be close by.." said Monica.
"Yeah.." I said.

"And I'll have men ready to take him down at any minute....Don't lock your door.." said Lt. Cotton...
 "Okay, come on...let's get you wired." said Kylie..
"Yeah, we gotta go downstairs...Come on..."said Monica..

"Oh okay..." said Yvonne...

After they left...Lt. Cotton turned to me..

''She's cute.." he said.
I smiled..

"Yeah she is.."I said..

"Shame we can't help with the wiring.." he said and snickered..

I laughed too..

"I was thinkin the same thing.." I said..

"My man!" said Lt. Cotton and we high fived each other.


II-
Carlos Wallace walked in just then...

"Hey Guys.." he said..

"What are you doin here?  Getting too much sleep?" joked Lt. Cotton..

"Actually I may have made your case for you...I went back to the murder scene.....I have two guys in the fishbowl right now who testified that they saw Ed Singelton in the building the day of the murders..I showed them his photo and they both positively identified him...They remember the white van...The same we found that was bleached down.....He lied and said he was there to check the heat and air conditioning systems...but they didn't believe him and they ran him off twice...  Not to mention, there was ATM machine across the street from where that van was ditched....I pulled a nice neat photo of Ed Singelton abandoning the vehicle where he did and leaving by foot..He's your guy"said Carlos..
"That and the fact that I have a text by him on a burner phone practically admitting he killed those people and we've got a nice neat case.."I said..

"Excellent work....We are setting up a sting right now...You want in?" asked Lt. Cotton..

"Helllll yeah I want in..."said Carlos..


"Anything to be with Kylie huh?" I said..

Carlos laughed..






III-
Yvonne went back to her apartment as we instructed her...

It was night time...Ed Singelton called her....
"Hello." she said.

"Hey girl...it's me..Eddie....Where you been? I been calling you all day.." he said..

"I do work...and I had to go shopping.." she said..

'Where did you go shopping?" he asked.

"What?" asked Yvonne..

"I did some grocery shopping and I went to the mall...You want to know what color panties I got or how many bras?" she asked..

"Okay, Okay...I was just askin....but uh if you don't mind tellin me..Heh heh heh?" he laughed.

"What do you want Eddie?...It's nearly 11:00 pm." said Yvonne..

She was acting natural..

"Can I uh come see you??, Like right now...I need to talk.." he said.

"Talk about what? Sheila's dead..."said Yvonne..

"I know...but,  but I want to talk about you and me..."he said.

"You've got to be kidding...You were just with my girl...She aint even in the ground yet and you jockin me...please Eddie..."said Yvonne..

"Vonnie..Vonnie, don't be like that.." he said.

Monica and I and Carlos were in the empty apartment across the hall listening to the entire thing..
 "Can you believe this guy?" said an exasperated Monica.
 "No I can't...but she can't play him too natural or she'll scare him away..."I said.
"I don't think so...He needs to see if she has that burner phone..."said Carlos...

IV-
It was a warm summer night...A full moon was out...
"Okay Eddie...you can come up....but this aint gonna be no long visit....We are going to talk...Aint no drawers coming off if that's what you think.."said Yvonne..

"Okay...Okay...I'll be right up..." he said.


Kylie came out of the closet in Yvonne's bedroom..

"You're doing good girlie...Just play it natural and cool we are right here..." she said...

It was 12 midnight when Ed Singelton finally appeared...He searched the neighborhood good for anything that looked like a cop car...he would find none...We had been here for hours...The building manager allowed us to use some of the empty units...


Lt. Cotton and an entire squad of armed Tactical squad men were in an empty apartment complex below us...


While Monica and I and Carlos were right across the hallway in an empty apartment...

Kylie was actually hidden in her apartment.....

Yvonne was perfectly safe...

Ed walked in at a little after midnight...

"This isn't coming right over Eddie...It's after midnight..."said Yvonne..

"I know..I know..I'm sorry...Uh look...."he said..


Yvonne pulled a bottle of wine out of the refrigerator and two glasses...

"I just bought this today....Wanna crack this with me?" she said.

His eyes lit up..

"YEAH...YEAH!" he said..

and she poured them both a glass...

They drank ....

They talked about the past , about people in the neighborhood and what they were doing now and everything..


''So....you didn't come over here all late at night to talk about a trip down memory lane...What do you really want?" asked Yvonne..
He leaned over and kissed her..She hadn't kissed him in seven years....She felt funny and strange and almost aroused at the same time...

"You....I want you now.." he whispered..

He attempted to unbutton her blouse...but she removed his hands...

"Uh Uh...I told you...this is not about to go down like that...cool your jets playa..."she said ,easing out of his embrace..

He laughed and smiled sheepishly....

"Uh Vonnie...you uh collected Sheila's things...her clothes and personal effects right?" he said.

"I washed her clothes and dry cleaned the rest and turned it over to the good will yesterday..."said Yvonne.

''Did you uh find a smartphone?" he asked.

"Yeah...this one..I'm going to turn it in..."she said..

He looked at it...

"No..This is her regular phone..She uh kept another phone.." he said.

"You mean a burner phone."said Yvonne..

"Yeah, you got that?" he asked.


"Why?" she asked coyly...

"That's mine...I uh would like it back..." he said nervously...


"I just bet you would." said Yvonne..

"Did you go in it?" he asked.

''Why?"asked Vonnie..

"Uh there was uh some personal things in there between me and uh Sheila.."he said..

"Like you admitting to Mass Murder.."said Yvonne.

"You saw it...." he said.

"Uh Huh..." she said.

"Look, That can't get out to the cops..They've already been by my job three times..Three sets of cops....Robbery, FBI and now Homicide..I didn't even think that they would think this was a homicide the way I planned it.." he said.

"You're a monster..You killed three people and one of em, that maid was innocent...She aint have nothin to do with it.."said Yvonne.

"I know...I didn't plan on her being there..Look I need that phone.."he said..

Kylie walked into the room..

"You mean this one?" she said..she was holding the burner phone.

Ed Singelton was shocked..

"THIS WAS A SET UP!!! YOU SET ME UP!!" he screamed..

 "I believe she did...and rather well at that." said Monica as she walked into the room with her Glock drawn...
 "Mr. Singelton I presume...You are a hard man to get ahold of.."I said.

"Yeah, we stopped by your job twice, went by your house...Even tried to call you.."said Carlos..
 "Game over son, you're under arrest for Theft of Controlled Substances and Three counts of first degree murder..."said LT. Cotton as he  handcuffed him and read him his rights...
He looked at Yvonne..

"I never pictured you for a snitch.."he said..


"I never pictured you for a triple murderer either." she said.

Everybody walked Ed Singelton out of the apartment..

By now there were several police cars in the street, waiting...


Monica and I stayed behind..

 "Thank You...There is a Monetary reward awaiting you..."said Monica.

"Yes...You earned every penny.." I said.

"It was the least I could do...For Sheila and for everybody who died senselessly..."said Yvonne...


 "Good Night Yvonne and thank you again.." said Monica.
"Yes...Thank you for helping us catch him."I said..

Monica and I walked outside...

It was 2:30 Am..

I stared at her ...

We Kissed Deeply...End of another case...

EPILOUGE-

Ed Singelton received three life sentences plus 25 years for the three murders he committed...


After helping us crack this case...Kylie got two weeks off....She and Carlos spent it in his hotel room...
They did get out and see the city a bit..
or so they said.

They mostly spent it in his hotel room , making passionate love..

 "Ummmmmmm.." he grunted..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu..ohhhh my goodness..ouuuuuuu...Carlos...Ohhhhhh" came her shrill voice..

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...""Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."she moaned...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Kylie...Kylie......ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."

"Sock it to me Carlos...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...this feels sooo damn good...I needed this,ouuuuuuuuuu...you don't know how I needed this...ummmmmmm... "she moaned.


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh damnnn girl...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeeeet jesusssssssssss ..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."he cried ...out!!"Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. "

"Carlos..ouuuuuu..Carlos....OHHHHHHH. Carlos I'm cumming...ohhhhh my goodness..ouuuuuuu!"she wailed...

She was sweating profusely....So was he.....

"Ohhhhhhh,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, here it comes...here it comes....ohhhhhhhhhhhh." he yelled...

"Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Carlos!!!!" she yelled...

They were rocking so hard... they looked like they were going to break the legs off of the bed...FIVE TO SIX HOURS of unbridled passion commenced in that bed

They both began shaking and holding each other...They were both climaxing.....His bottom lip was quivering...She was shaking and sweating profusely....breathing heavily.....

"Oh My god, CARLOS!..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she screamed.

"Kylie.....Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god!"he screamed as he came harder than he had in awhile.

They both took deep breaths....he pulled out of her...He was wearing a condom... Thank goodness ,Kylie thought...This man cums a lot...The last thing I need is to get pregnant...
 
"Kylie baby,I sure wish you could stay a little longer..." He said as he lie between her legs...

"I wish you could too ,but I have to rest up in between now and the next time you visit...You have put a hurting on me.."she said.

************************************************************************************
Later one afternoon...we all sat around at a bar in town, enjoying some cold beers...with our new friend, Yvonne Curry.
 "Nothing like cracking a big seemingly unsolvable case.."I said.. My wife Monica was sitting in my lap..leaning her head against my chest..
Yvonne Curry sat just marveling at her and Monique, who was sitting on Lt. Cotton's lap...

both looking as if they'd drank their fill...
''Wow you guys are just full of surprises...TWINS....Identical twins....If not for the hair color, I really couldn't tell you guys apart..." said Yvonne..
''We've often got that..and when Mo Mo dies her hair red...We really fool people...Pkus we are the same dress size, same bust size...You can imagine..."said Monique..


"But your husbands know you guys apart right?" asked Yvonne..

''Oh yeah....plus their voices aren't the same.." I added.
Monica did a spot on imitation of Monique and
Monique did a spot on imitation of Monica's voice...

''See, we could fool em if we really wanted to..." she said..




and we all busted out laughing....






1 comment:

Toni said...

Great Ending!