Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Nobody Is Late For Work

Nightfall, We had had a great afternoon at a new restaurant celebrating Nelson joining our practice and our friend, Calvin Hunt joining Robert Foxworth's practice.
And in their domicile at our duplex...Beverly and Nelson are doing some celebrating of their own..

They had been kissing the entire way home...So much that I just parked the SUV...Olivia and I went upstairs to bed ...and they finally got out and made their way to their floor..

 ''Seems like you've been in my life ever since I became a lawyer.."said Beverly..
"I know...I never thought...I never dreamed you'd be in my life like this...My wife...and now my associate in your aunt's practice...I mean back then...None of us...You, Liv nor me ever dreamed of anything outside of the Public Defenders Office.." said Nelson...
"I didn't until Auntay left to go work for that Corporate firm, then I wanted out in the worst way...It was no longer fun for me.."said Beverly..

"After you left....and I heard through the grapevine that you were possibly moving to D.C. to work at Immigration...I felt like that too...I didn't think I'd ever see either one of you again...My two best friends in that department.." said Nelson..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I missed you too, for real...You were the only guy I could go out with and trust....I mean there was no pretense ,no ulterior motive with you, I missed you and that's why when Auntay and I started the law firm and got it up and running...I just happened to be in Sam Mother's Diner that day...I figured, I hoped you'd come in..I wanted you to know I was still in town and I just wanted to see you.."said Beverly..

Nelson laughed..

"I was so nervous when I finally got to go out with you that I left my wallet at home...and you paid for everything...I was certain I blew everything with you then...I didn't bother to call you or nothin..And then you started dating that guy from the DMV...I knew I had shot my shot and it had come short.."laughed Nelson..


"Nahhh, after that was over, who did I call? Who did I continue to hang out with and date huh? You."said Beverly..
"It was torture when you first let me kiss you, but wouldn't let me go any further..."said Nelson...
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for a lot of the way I acted back then...I was immature and sometimes unkind..but I made up for it...I became your girlfriend didn't I?  Now I'm your wife?" said Beverly..

"Yesssss, yes you are and now we are officially working together again...Me,. you and Liv."said Nelson..

who slipped Beverly's dress off and kissed her passionately as he slipped her panties off and eventually her bra..

He was stripped down to his boxers...

They kissed passionately..

Beverly remembered the first time they made love...She was surprised at how huge Nelson was...If Nelson was nervous about finally getting Beverly in bed...Her reaction gave him all the confidence he needed...


He lifted her petite body up and began to slowly thrust inside of her... She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu take me daddy." she cooed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god Bev....you are so sexy, so luscious." he moaned..

She giggled.. She loved his nickname for her..

He had been calling her that long before they became a couple..

He felt as if he could stare into her beautiful hazel eyes and her cute face forever...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husband....I love youuuuuuu." she moaned.

He loved staring into her beautiful hazel colored eyes...

He did for FOUR TO FIVE HOURS....

"Getting Tired? Put me down..Let's get on the bed.."Beverly said softly...



They got in the middle of the bed and continued making love, Nelson and Beverly staring into each other's eyes.. "OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" cooed Beverly...

"I LOVE YOU TOO LUSCIOUS.."said Nelson..

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.."moaned Beverly as their bed rocked back and forth!

ANOTHER FOUR TO FIVE HOURS of sensual lovemaking went by...
A nice end to a great night...






II-

The next morning was a workday and the entire staff was in the office..

Our newest staff member was up surprisingly and pouring coffee along with his mother in law..

"From that pleased as punch look on your face ,I'm guessing you and my daughter had quite a nice time last night huh? You don't have to answer...I can tell." laughed Alfreda..

as they got the conference room table ready....

 "Goood Morning everybody.."said Olivia..
"Hey Everyone...Thanks for the coffee, we can use it.."I said..

Olivia and I came down first....

"You two look like it..Where is my baby girl?" asked Alfreda..

"Good Morning Mommy." said Beverly kissing her mother on the cheek...

"Goood Morning Husband.." she said, giving Nelson a wet, sloppy kiss..

He blushed something crazy...

"Hi everybody..."said Josie, who didn't have a class today...

B.L. Benz drove up..
He admired our office/Duplex..

"Nice...Law office downstairs.. Auntie and Niecy and their husbands live upstairs...Nobody is late for work...I love it.." he laughed as he walked in and was led to our conference room by Alfreda

He found Beverly's mother very attractive and quite sexy, but he said nothing..
"Hey guys..."he said as he sat down and was offered coffee .. He pulled out his laptop..



"Nice set up you got here...Again I am impressed.." said B.L.
"Glad you like it.."said Olivia..

"We do aim to please." joked Beverly...
"Good Morning Mr.Benz.."I said.


"Please...Mr.Benz is my dad...Call me B.L.." he said..

"What is B.L. for?" asked Josie..

"Brian Lazurus Benz" he said..

"Lazurus?" I exclaimed..

Olivia, Beverly, Alfreda and  Josie cracked up..

 "I'm Sorry...I'm laughing more at my husband and his reaction than you B.L." said Olivia..
 "Me too B.L.  Don't take the case away from us.."said Beverly...
 Alfreda laughed, but said nothing..

So Did Josie..

and Nelson as well..

B.L. had a good sense of humor..He laughed with us... "My dad has a great sense of humor..They thought I was a still born baby...Then I started breathing and crying...Thus..Lazurus, He came back from the dead didn't he?" he added.

We all laughed louder after that story!

"Besides...B.L. sounds cooler doesn't it?" he said..

 "Much cooler." said Olivia.
 "I agree." I said.
"Much cooler." agreed Beverly...
"So with that out of the way....Let's get down to cases.." he said and opened up and turned on his Laptop..


"Yes, the case." said Nelson.

Josie looked on attentively.

III-

"This is your client  , Richard Allison  and this is his story..."said B.L.

He has a wife...Her name is Yvonne, They married after his incarceration and she gave birth to his baby girl six months after his incarceration.. She brought his case to the Innocence Project...


"Three summers ago there was a series of sexual assaults, rapes in the Lovers Lane Areas around town...

In July of 2016, An engaged couple, Wilma and George Mason were assaulted... Wilma was raped and George was pistol whipped..

Wilma made an eyewitness identification from a line up of Richard Allison, who was on parole for armed robbery...He had no other instances of sexual assault in his record, but was accused of this ,despite vehemently denying being at the scene..

His Public Defender..Arthur Retchet fell asleep several times during the trial, came to trial drunk on another occasion and failed to do any investigation into DNA or alibis …

Richard was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in State Prison...He's at Stanga State Prison as we speak..serving his third year of a ten year conviction and maintaining his innocence..

DNA in four of the other rapes that summer led to another man, Michael Morrison, who was arrested and charged , but hung himself in County lock up last year...

The DNA found in Wilma Mason's panties was NOT a match for Richard at all.. but the evidence is missing...

We need to get another DNA sample..Her husband has been difficult and here is the thing...HE DID NOT IDENTIFY RICHARD  AND SHE DIDNT IDENTIFY RICHARD FOR 48 HOURS UNTIL SHE SAW HIM in the line up..."said B.L. Benz.



"WOWWWW!! Well Baby girl...the first thing we are going to do is petition for a new trial and for the old conviction to be thrown out due to insufficient defense.." said Olivia..

"I'm on it Auntay…"said Beverly..

"Ouuu we've been studying this in law school....I know some predicates..." said Josie...

"What about the original attorney? Where is he? We could use his notes!" said Nelson...


"Mr. Retcher was disbarred later that year and he died in a house fire...Some believe he set it himself.." said B.L. Benz..

"My God , this case has some twists and turns.....but that's the kind of case I like." I said.

"My husband used to work to put people behind bars...Now since he met me, he works to keep them out.."said Olivia, hugging me..

"I don't blame your husband at all Olivia..If I was married to you, I'd do whatever you wanted me to do."said B.L. Benz, smiling...

"Oh Hush up, but thank you for the compliment." said Olivia, blushing.

"We'll have our preliminary papers drawn up in a few hours..Get your crew ready and they can go with us to court.."said Olivia..

B.L. smiled..

"Wow!  You guys are really super attorneys..."he said.

"We started out as Public Defenders...Although falling asleep in court is reprehensible.. Public Defenders are often over worked...Trying three or four cases at a time, with no Para-Legal, no money for an investigator..and from my time there...A lot of the older , jaded ones drank." said Beverly..

"I knew Arthur Retchet….He worked three to four cases himself, no investigator, no para-legal and would often stay overnight....He'd go into court with the same clothes on he had the day before..No shower, smelling like alcohol often.. He started out as a damned good attorney , but he burned out.." said Nelson..

"Wow....Olivia rescued you and Beverly from that and

Josie here will never know that" he said looking at her....

"Interesting story... "Okay...I'll meet you in court within the hour with my crew,,"said B.L.

"Tomorrow we are going to the prison to see our client..Again...Bring your crew..."said Olivia..

"Outstanding."said B.L.  "And thanks." he added as he left..

Alfreda looked at him as he drove off..

"His ratings are going to go through the ceiling." she said.

"And Lieutenant Tragg is going to go through the floor."noted Nelson.





We all cracked up laughing...

B.-

We all wound up in Superior Court within the hour...

B.L. and his television crew was there and we entered the courtroom...

This was the fastest we had ever put together a plea to overturn a conviction...but Olivia said we had to strike while it was hot..She had three other judges and courtrooms lined up in case we failed.




The Fab Five as we were also called were there to plead our case...

It wasn't controversial and the Judge was tickled pink that such famous attorneys were in his courtroom and television cameras as well..

I had never seen anything like it..but he ruled in our favor and overturned the conviction and ordered a new trial..

He ordered Richard Allison, who we hadn't even met yet to be transferred here to County Lockup tomorrow morning...This was even better..
 "Make a note of this Josie...This NEVER happens this easily or this fast.."said Beverly..
"The case isn't that controversial for one thing..and the TV cameras helped us."added Nelson.

"Yeah, I figured."said Josie..

"Well at any rate...We are on our way.." I said.

"Can't wait to see this segment on TV tomorrow night." said Olivia.


IV-

At his Neighborhood watering hole, Lt. Tragg sat with the Blonde he'd met a few nights ago..

She was trying to be polite..but she really would rather watch Sports than a crime talk show...but since Lt. Tragg was paying for all her drinks...She didn't care....She had to remove his wandering hands from under her dress more than a few times...

"Here it coms baby." he said.. "Turn it up Curly" he said..

Curly , the bartender and owner of the bar, himself a former Homicide Detective just shook his head..
Junior was nothing like his old man...His old man was real po-lice as they used to say..Junior was more interested in being on the news ,on TV talk shows..

"Hello Everybody, B.L. Benza.. Here...I have a new Podcast called Wrongfully Convicted... Tune in wherever you stream your podcasts...Tonight on a very special HARD BOTTOM we are going to look at the case of a man wrongfully convicted..Richard Allison..

Three summers ago there was a series of sexual assaults, rapes in the Lovers Lane Areas around town...

In July of 2016, An engaged couple, Wilma and George Mason were assaulted... Wilma was raped and George was pistol whipped.. Wilma made an eyewitness identification from a line up of Richard Allison, who was on parole for armed robbery...

He had no other instances of sexual assault in his record, but was accused of this ,despite vehemently denying being at the scene..

His Public Defender..Arthur Retchet fell asleep several times during the trial, came to trial drunk on another occasion and failed to do any investigation into DNA or alibis …

Richard was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in State Prison...He's at Stanga State Prison as we speak..serving his third year of a ten year conviction and maintaining his innocence.. DNA in four of the other rapes that summer led to another man, Michael Morrison, who was arrested and charged , but hung himself in County lock up last year...

The DNA found in Wilma Mason's panties was NOT a match for Richard at all.. but the evidence is now missing... Coincidence??

We need to get another DNA sample..Her husband has been difficult and here is the thing...HE DID NOT IDENTIFY RICHARD in the line up..."said B.L. Benz.

"I arrested that guy..I remember that case.."laughed Lt. Tragg..
"Isn't this the segment you were talking about?" asked the Blonde..


"No."said Lt. Tragg, who looked confused..
"My station has hired super attorneys ,Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Beverly West and their talented team to defend him...Here we are in court with them today as they did their magic and got his conviction overturned.." he said.




The Fab Five as we were also called were there to plead our case...

For the next hour the cameras showed us in court ,earlier that day...

Like I said..It wasn't controversial and the Judge was tickled pink that such famous attorneys were in his courtroom and television cameras as well..

I had never seen anything like it..but he ruled in our favor and overturned the conviction and ordered a new trial..

He ordered Richard Allison, who we hadn't even met yet to be transferred here to County Lockup tomorrow morning...This was even better..
 "Make a note of this Josie...This NEVER happens this easily or this fast.."said Beverly..Which was caught on camera.
"The case isn't that controversial for one thing..and the TV cameras helped us."added Nelson.
Which got laughs from the small crowd assembled outside of the courthouse..

"Yeah, I figured."said Josie..

"Well at any rate...We are on our way.." I said.

"Today is the beginning of Justice being served.." said Olivia, dramatically...

Yvonne Allison was there with James's daughter...She hugged Olivia, Beverly, Josie, Nelson and me..

"Thank you so much...Thank you sooo much....My husband didn't do this...I never thought he did.." she said..

The whole thing was caught on camera...It was very emotional and the public loved it!

"And there you have it...From Olivia Bennett-Alexander herself.. An injustice is about to be reversed.. This is B.L. Benz...HARD BOTTOM, tune in tomorrow night for part two of this.." he said.


The bar was silent...In fact people started slowly leaving...They knew the explosion that was coming..



Lt. Tragg had told any and everybody that would listen that he had filmed a very special session for this week...

He hadn't been featured at all and in fact his segment had been bumped by the very attorneys who had just recently humiliated him in the Richard Graves case..

"That B.L. Benz is cute..Sorry they didn't air your session babe...Thanks for the drinks." said the Blonde , who got up and left..

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!...MY WHOLE SEGMENT WAS BUMPED!!!.....I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! B.L. BENZ IS A BUM!! I MADE HIM!!!   I MADE HIM A STAR!!!  AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET?   I DON'T BELEIVE IT!!" he screamed and jumped up and down and kicked tables and chairs...

It just wasn't his night!

(TO BE CONTINUED)




10 comments:

Toni said...

WOW! And this is just part two...This story has some legs on it!

Angie B. said...

Great Story today!

Sunflower said...

I loved that interlude between Beverly and Nelson..It was sweet!

Lisa said...

I love that Olivia's little world has expanded...It was just Olivia, Beverly and Donnie Ray at first....Then you vegan including Nelson more and more and Josie and now you have Beverly's mother, Alfreda working for them....Great.

Halo said...

I just Love Beverly and Nelson as a couple..They are sooo cute!

Vanessa said...

Poor Lt. Tragg, LOL! The man can't get a break. LOL!

Cheryl said...

LMAO, For real! LOL!

Brenda said...

This story does have legs to it...They've got him out on bail.

Rita said...

Loving this story so far!

Anonymous said...

I just Love Beverly and Nelson as a couple..They are sooo cute! I just threw my panties after I read it!