Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Shut This Down

We met at the local detention center with our new client, Richard Allison..
"I haven't been in Philly in three years....I uh guess this feels like home..." he said.
"Glad you still have your sense of humor." said Olivia..

''So ,I've heard of you two...Olivia and Beverly....I've seen you on Television....When they told me that my conviction was thrown out and a new trial was ordered and that you two were my attorneys ,I thought I was being Catfished.." said Richard..

Beverly laughed.." So when did you know it was real?"

''Probably when they moved you out of your cell and drove you to Philly."I laughed..

"You got that right.." he laughed.. "So what's the deal? I can't afford you guys.. How did you wind up taking my case?" he asked.

"You lucked up....Your wife took your case to the Innocence Project  and they took it to this guy...A Guy that has a TV show picked your case from Innocence Project files and decided to spotlight you for his new Podcast and TV show. .and the network called us and paid us to rep you."said Nelson..

"Pure Luck huh? Wow! "he laughed..."But look, I didn't do this...I've been screaming this for three years....I was bar hopping that night..I was in Josies, Aqua Bar and Stoleys that night...In fact I got in a fight in Stoleys and was tossed out....There was three guys with me...Two are unfortunately incarcerated but they remember and one should be around.." he said.

''Why didn't they testify?" asked Josie.
"My Attorney never called them....And he didn't have money for an investigator to look them up...They were on paper man (Parole, Probation) they didn't want to come anywhere near the court system.." said Richard...

"I understand...Just give me the names...I'll track em down and get their statements.. I'll run down all of the places you mentioned." I said.

 "We are going to need new DNA samples from you...Your originals DNA went missing somehow." said Olivia.
"So we brought with us, Dr. Goggins..."said Beverly..

"Hello, I'm going to take Blood, Urine and Saliva from you before we leave.. That will give us the DNA sample we need to compare against the DNA found in the semen in the victims panties.." said Dr. Goggins...
"Let me introduce you to our team...
"You know my niece, Beverly.....
"This is Attorney Nelson East, her husband..
My Husband, Donnie Ray , our investigator...He's an ex-Homicide Detective, New Orleans P.D...

And Josie, She's our para-legal and she's in law school...She'll be observing and doing research for us." said Olivia..

"Nice..." said Richard Allison..

"After we leave today, we are going to try and arrange a bail hearing for you...get you released..."said Olivia..

'WHATTTT?" he asked..

"Your conviction has been thrown out...You're due bail until the trial...The TV station will pick it up.I know you probably want to see your wife and your baby girl." said Beverly..

II-

A few hours later, Dr. Goggins emerged with the DNA samples she needed..

"I have what I need from him...Now I'm going to call Dr. Baylor and compare it to the semen we took from the victim's panties." she said.

''Well guys, we have our work cut out for us..." said Olivia...


"I'll order lunch and we can get to work on getting him bail and his general appeal.." said Beverly...

"If you're not in class tomorrow Josie, you might want to watch us, This will be 90 percent of what you'll be doing as an attorney." said Nelson.
"I've got class in the morning, but I'll be in by noon.." said Josie..."But I'm ready to start tonight." said Josie..
"I'm going to start out working on his alibi...I'll be taking trips to Josie's, Aqua Bar and Stoleys, looking at old film footage if they have it..and looking for his partner who is still around... The other two are in CFC and the Detention center so I don't have to go far.. Then I'm going to talk to the boys at Special Victims Unit.."I said.

"I suppose you are going to bypass the actual case detective huh?" said Olivia with a smile.. She was talking about Lt. Tragg.


"I don't think he will be in a co-operating mood...We did just bump him off of television." I said.

We all laughed..

 Lt. Tragg was at this moment having a press conference of his own..
He had the female rape victim, Wilma Mason and her now husband, George Mason with him...

"I can't believe this...These two people, especially this poor woman was victimized , I caught the person responsible...He's been locked up for three years now...and once again..


"Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Beverly West , our city's publicity seeking attorney/celebrities have gotten his conviction overturned and are forcing these two poor people to have to relive this tragedy of monumental proportions...It's just not right...Victims ought to have rights too.. I'm just saying...The show HARD BOTTOM and it's host are just exploiting the situation because of his new PODCAST...It's a shame...Such hucksterism." he declared..
 "Aren't you on that show quite a bit yourself Lieutenant?" asked a reporter..

"I have been, but I'm a call it as I see it kind of guy....and I think this is just plain wrong." said Lt. Tragg..

The hair on the back of his neck bristling at the question...

"Considering your track record...This guy might be innocent and that's why they're looking at it from the other side." said another reporter..

"Lou, you're cruising for a fat lip..."said Lt. Tragg…
 "Weren't you supposed to be on the show and you got bumped because of this new segment?  I heard the ratings went through the ceiling.." said the same reporter..

"THAT'S IT LOU....I'VE HAD IT!!!screamed Lt. Tragg who charged at the reporter with fist flying. and once again a wild brou ha ha broke out between Lt. Tragg and at least two reporters with people scattering and Police and reporters trying to break the fight up..

We were oblivious to all of that...




Within two days Olivia, Beverly, Richard, Nelson and I were in court again, arguing for bail in a preliminary hearing..

Josie was in class ,so she wasn't there..

The original ADA who argued the case, now in private practice, James Solis was there and he was livid.. 

He had been hired by the D.A.'s office to re-prosecute the case....

"Olivia...I want this shut down...Shut this down Right NOW!...You have no business revisiting this...I know all about your Television deal.. This is hucksterism at it's worst!" he snarled.

"Still bitter James? This has very little to do with any TV deal...and more to do with Justice.. You knew about Michael Morrison and his DNA matching the other four rape victims on Lovers Lane, yet you never introduced that into discovery during the trial.... Most of the jurors thought my client was a serial rapist..And on your watch significant evidence vanished that might have exonerated my client. Like his DNA...It won't  wind up missing this time.." said Olivia..
"You and your little niece have become ambulance chasers...Olivia, I've got a mountain of evidence against your client...I'm going to put him right back in the state pen where he belongs.."said James Solis..

The Hostility between the two bordered on being personal...I wasn't used to seeing my wife lose her cool like this...

"You're a bully James, you haven't changed.. You won't be facing an alcoholic ,overworked , Public Defender this time around.. You'll be facing me and my two associate attorneys...and we have an investigator and a para-legal...Something poor Attorney Arthur Rechett  didn't have.. And you know, I'm not the least bit intimidated by you." said Olivia..

 I whispered to Nelson.

"This sounds a...ahhhh a bit personal....Those two have history?" I asked.
"They do, but not what you think...Liv became  the first person to beat him in court...He was a hot shot young ADA, had won 125 straight convicitions….Kinda like Rockland was when you guys first went up against him...
He was thinking of running for District Attorney...He needed a big case like this to cement his reputation...

Liv got an acquittal  against him...She was an over worked Public Defender....Later they went up against each other again....She got a prior conviction of his overturned and won an acquittal...This sent him through the roof...and then she and I went up against him...



Beverly had just become a Public Defender...

We were losing the case, when Beverly, My young, sharp beautiful Beverly, first year attorney found something in a prior witnesses testimony that everybody overlooked that was contrary to a prior statement...

We won again!! It was the first time ironically that the three of us ever worked together.." said Nelson..

Beverly rewarded Nelson with a kiss..

"You said I was sharp and beautiful...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...I always want you to tell my stories." she said to Nelson in between a few more kisses.

"Wow from such small beginnings huh ?" I laughed..

" He lost his bid to become District Attorney....He blamed his loss on us.. Those three cases...He has never liked us Donnie Ray...and to add insult to injury....He tried to date Auntay some years later after her divorce...

After she got divorced it seemed like guys came out of the woodworks wanting to date her....

She went to dinner with him one time, but declined on other offers for dates and turned him down flat...She said his hands tended to wander  all night up her skirt and he was trying to bully her into going back to his apartment..

He called  late at night, every night …. Did dossiers on whoever she was dating to intimidate them and harassed her so much,


She had to have her attorney,  Zoey Easter ,take out a restraining order on him...He is not a fan.. I should add that he tried to date me too!!...


Asked me out on the sly a year or two later, I turned him down....He did the same thing..Ran a dossier on Nelson. Informing me that Nelson's uncle was Gangster, Fathead Newton and his uncle had paid for his schooling...I already knew this.. Everybody at the Public Defender's office knew it.. He called me every night around midnight for three weeks..By then, you and Auntay were married and I had just started dating Nelson seriously!...I told him no, that I was in a relationship.  He then drunk called me  a few nights later.. He was drunk, called me up at midnight.. Asked me what I was doing and if he could come over...I laughed in his face...

Zoey sent him a Cease and Desist letter...He stopped calling then..

This is the first time either me or Auntay has seen him in years.."said Beverly...

"My goodness, this whole thing is just so messy...I hate when it gets personal."I said.

"I saw you guys on HARD BOTTOM....Not only was I livid that you took on this case...but you got his original conviction overturned and now you've gotten this criminal out on bail...Enjoy it Ricky while you can...because you're going back to the cooler.." said Attorney James Solis.
"Think So? and my name is Richard...Not Ricky!" said James.

 ''Don't answer him back.."said Olivia.
"Don't let him goad you." said Beverly...
"Let's get out of here." said Nelson...
 I said nothing, I just stared balefully at him...

He knew I was Olivia's husband.. He looked a little intimidated.. The effect I wanted...I then smiled.. He didn't like that!
Richard walked out of court with us...






III-

Our other clients, Drew Hunter and Monica Seale ,once married, now divorced were kissing passionately in her new office..
" Monica ,I think I'm in love with you.."said Drew...
"I know you are, you've never stopped loving me." said Monica.

"We meet with Olivia and Beverly tomorrow to sign those papers making me your new show runner..Why don't we sign some new papers...A pre nup and get married?" said Drew..

"Get Married? You must be out of your mind...I'm not marrying you again.." she said.

by now they were out of their clothes and kissing in the middle of the room...

'Don't you love me?" asked Drew..

"I love your penis...inside of me...and you love being inside of me..."was all she would say...

Within minutes, he was lifting her up and plunging inside of her with wild abandon...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lawwwwwwwwd Drew..."she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goddd…" he screamed..


She held on to him for dear life as he tried to touch her very soul....

"DREW..you are showing off ..ummmmmmmmmmmmmph, you are showing off !  OUUU!" she moaned...

"Ummmph you're so wet, so warm inside...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he moaned..

"You're sooo big, sooo  hard....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu why are you doing this to meeeeeeeeee?OH MY GOODNESSS...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEE!" she moaned..

"ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lawd this is good..." he moaned.

"You like it daddy?" she moaned..

"Yes...Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.." he moaned.

She laughed loud and hardy.

"I like it toooo...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu baby!  I still love you.." she cooed.

"Then let's get married." he said..

"Not that much.." she said softly....

Soon they were on her soft couch...screwing each other 's brains out..

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Drew ,why are you making me cum so hard?Ouuuuuuuuuuuu why are you doing this to meeeeee, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?" she said in a sing songy voice..

"Because I love you baby....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .I love you!" he moaned..

"I love you too/" she said softly...

"Than marry me" he said..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no....I just like making you cummm!" she moaned..

FOUR TO FIVE HOURS passed by seemingly in slow motion as they made love...

"Oh you are driving me crazy girl." he moaned..

"You like it daddy? Is it good to you daddy?" she cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're the best!" he cooed..

''You're the best...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" she cooed....

They started out seeing each other three days a week after the divorce and that soon elevated to nearly  everyday...

 Monica enjoyed sex with her ex-husband more than anything,plus he was familiar...but she had no plans or romantic ideas of remarrying him..None whatsoever..
Drew however started out in that same mindset...She was just good sex..a booty call...but now more and more, he found himself actually falling in love with her...





Home now after three days of working on this case...We relaxed.....

In Nelson and Beverly's domicile..

"Bev, I'm going to need you to go with me when I interview two of Richard's friends who were with him on that night.. I have statement from the bouncers and former bouncers at Josie's, Aqua Bar and Stoleys that Richard was there...and I have credit card and debit card slips that show purchases made during that time.. and his one friend who is not incarcerated said that he went to police headquarters and told them that Richard was with him, but nobody took his statement or took him serious.." I said.

"Wow! "said Beverly.....

"Micheal Morrison, the man responsible for the other four rapes that took place on the lovers lane was not Wilma Mason's attacker...His DNA was not a match....so now we have to compare Richard's DNA with what we have and determine if it's a match or not..Hazel and Dr. Goggins are working on that now.."said Olivia.

"One thing you should know....Wilma Mason and Richard Allison know each other..They were once involved...Sexually....She broke up with him when she saw him with another girl...She was very bitter and even threatened him....Then he tried to get back with her several times...I am amazed that neither Richard nor her ever admitted this ." I said.

"It's certainly not in any of the transcripts from the original trial...Wanna bet John knows this and is holding it as his trump card?" said Beverly...

''We are going to beat him to it on cross examination..."said Olivia..

"There is an email from Monica Seale and Drew Hunter....They want to see us tomorrow and get this...
He has gotten an attorney, your cousin, Kayla Bennett to represent him!" said Nelson..


"I thought Cousin Kayla was done lawyering until after she got married?" said Beverly..."She never could resist Drew...''sighed Beverly...
"Oh stop it , You were enamored with him too at one time...Why does he need separate counsel..?" asked Olivia.

"Guess you and honey bunny will find out tomorrow....Donnie Ray and I are going a hunting." said Beverly, who loved going with me when I went hunting.."

"When are we on television again?" I asked.
"Tomorrow...B.L. will be interviewing all of us and Richard..."sighed Olivia...
"Lt. Tragg is going to lose his mind." laughed Nelson...

 I pulled Olivia to me and held her tight..

"Like I lose my mind everytime I look at you.."I said.


"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"said Olivia..
We kissed passionately....Olivia took me by the hand and led me into the room that used to be hers.. The room Josie stayed in on the nights she stayed over. and closed the door..

Once inside ,I couldn't wait to slip Olivia's sundress off...She couldn't wait to get me out of my suit..

"Ummmmm you couldn't wait could you?" she asked..

"No, I couldn't...Seems like you couldn't wait either."I said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I couldn't...." she cooed.

"Ummmmm." I moaned...

We fell upon the bed and began making sweet love...

Nelson and Beverly were already kissing...

They too retired to their room and locked the door..
Nelson unzippered Beverly's skirt and slipped her top off...

"Ouuuuuuuu somebody is a little horny.." said Beverly slyly...

"Guilty as charged counselor.."said Nelson...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." said Beverly in between kisses..

They wasted even less time getting in bed and making sweet love..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husssssssssband.." Beverly moaned...

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.."was all that could come out of Nelson's mouth

We had planned to watch the news tonight...I guess that was out..




Needless to say...We were in for the night.

IV-
The next day, a Friday Morning, found us all at Sam Mother's Diner for breakfast...


Tumblers of Coffee were poured, Omelets were served to some and waffles to others...


Today we were joined by Attorney Yvette Jones. our good friend..

"You guys are so famous now of days, I wondered if I'd ever be graced with your presence again." joked Yvette..



''Stop it Vettie… Your time is coming.."said Olivia laughing.. "You're getting pretty famous around this town too lately." added Olivia.

"Nahhhh that's okay...I like doing the work in the background.. You can have the spotlight..Life is hard enough.."said Yvette.


"You aint never lied Ms. Yvette...but it is what it is." said Beverly.

"My first official case as a member of the team and look at this...I'm on Television....Mom would be proud." joked Nelson..


"Congratulations on joining Olivia's team...She said she was gonna get you.."said Yvette to Nelson..
"Both of our cases are news worthy..."I said.


"Oh yeah, Monica Seale has a new show and she's teaming up with her ex-husband again...Didn't they divorce? Doesn't he have an outside child?" asked Yvette..

"They did...And he does..Love is strange."said Olivia..

"Those two are even stranger.."said Beverly.. Which was met by gales of laughter from all of us~!

"Heads up guys we are about to have company." said Josie, who spied Lt. Tragg headed our way...
He didn't  look happy at all.

Lt. Tragg was walking towards us and he was livid..

"What are you two trying to do, ruin my reputation? Why are you, Why did you drag this case up out of the graveyard?/WHY COULDN'T YOU LEAVE IT ALONE?  WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE EVERY CASE AND TURN IT INTO THE TRIAL OF THE CENTURY?" he asked.

WAS HE ASKING US THIS?   THIS WAS THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK, I thought!

"You need to have this conversation with your friend B.L. Benz..  We didn't know anything about this case until he came around and dropped it in our laps....Hyping up his new Pod Cast and his present TV show." said Olivia.

"That's right...He came to us...His network is paying our legal fees." said Beverly...

''And they put bail up for our client. Think about it...Our client has been locked up for three years...He couldn't afford us and he certainly didn't have access to bail money. B.L.Benz set this up with us ." said Nelson..

"In return for access to you guys and your client." said Lt. Tragg..

"That's right...His TV show and his PODCAST gets exclusive interviews and they get to cover the case when it comes to trial." I said.

"Well I'll be damned!!...That clown....I made him...If not for me...There would be no HARD BOTTOM AND THIS IS HOW HE DOES ME!" he said and stormed out of the restaurant.

"You know something?  He needs to get laid." said Yvette..





We all agreed without saying a word..


(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments: