Thursday, October 17, 2019

A Third Woman

"WE THE JURY FIND THE DEFENDENT, WENDELL CLARK, NOT GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER!!" said the Foreman...

"WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??" screamed ADA Rockland Cambridge...

It was the first case he had lost in over a year...

.He hadn't used his investigator, Gary Lockwood...Gary had been on loan to another ADA...

He had thought he had a slam dunk...

He kicked the table and kicked a chair over...

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" he screamed.... "POLL THE JURY!" he screamed...

The Jurors looked frightened...

The Judge, Anna Compost admonished Rockland...

"Rockland...Rockland...We are not going to do this today, okay?....Now you've been good....Just calm it down..Calm it downnnnnnnnnnnnnn.."she said softly...

"I DON'T BELIEVE THIS HORSESHIT!." Rockland screamed and kicked another chair... He screamed at Lt. Tragg, who had once again been the arresting officer in the case...

"HOW DO YOU KEEP A JOB?? HOW ARE YOU STILL A DETECTIVE??" he screamed.

"HEY WAIT A MINUTE...I HAD A SOLID CASE...IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU LET A SECOND YEAR ATTORNEY ,FRESH OUT OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER'S OFFICE OUT SMART YOU!" screamed Lt. Tragg..

"WHYYYY YOUUU!!" screamed Rockland who rushed Lt. Tragg...

Several Baillifs got in between the two men...

"Bailiffs!! Get Him...GET HIM OUT!!!!  I'm jailing you for contempt! See you in four days counselor!!" said Judge Anna Compost...

The Bailiffs seized Rockland and dragged him out of the courtroom in tears....

I was at the door with Nelson and the girls when they dragged him out...

''ROCKLAND!!!!What the hell happened?" I asked..
 "Rockland!  What happened?" asked Olivia softly...
 "Rockland??? What did you do??" asked a shocked Beverly...
 ''Hey Man!" said a stunned Nelson...
"Oh My God!" said Josie...

''Call Alfreda, tell her to get down here." said Olivia.

"I'm on it Auntay." said Beverly..

We saw the reason for Rockland's tantrum....

"Hiiiiiiii guys." came the sweet voice of Attorney Melody Brown...We had defended her when she was a law student...She had gone on to become an Attorney...Working at the Public Defenders office and eventually winding up at the American Civil Liberties Union.

 ''Heyyyyy baby, how are you?" said Olivia..hugging Melody tight..
 ''Did you just try a case in that courtroom?" asked Beverly, who also hugged her..
 "I think she did and I think we are no longer the last attorneys to beat Rockland in court..."said Nelson..
 "I think you're right.."I sighed...
"He was doing so well...Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww."said Josie , who was disappointed in Rockland..but also hugged Melody... "Hi Melody." she said.


'
''Hey Josie...How's law school going?" asked Melody...
"It's going well....I get a lot of on the job training too."said Josie..
''Yes you do...I envy you that."said Melody.


''Rockland was doing so well...Damnnn."said Beverly.
"That's because he was winning....He hasn't lost in a long time...I think we were the last ones to actually beat him.... Yvette and her guys got him to drop charges...






They didn't actually beat him."said Olivia..

''He was tough...but I won an acquittal for my client."said Melody..
"You did a fine job I'm sure.." I said..

"Wow girlie...you must be pretty good."said Beverly smiling..

"I'm so proud of you...You've come along so well...How's Eric? You guys still together?" asked Olivia.

''Yessss"she gushed.  We are planning a weekend vacation soon...We've been working on cases all summer...We'll finally have some free time.."said Melody..


"We've been busy too...We are here for a second Bail hearing." said Beverly...


"Here comes our client now....Congratulations Baby" said Olivia, hugging Melody...

"Thank You Miz Liv, Miz Beverly....See you guys later."said Melody as she strolled away..

The Bailiffs brought a very Contrite Ginger into the courtroom...
Dr. Walingford was in court with us.. but there was no sign at all of Wallace... He noticed it and Beverly noticed it..

"Wallace must really be mad...He didn't show up at the hearing."said Beverly softly...

''Can you blame him?" said Nelson, who more and more related to what Wallace must be going through....
"Alright...Next Case....Let's go!" said the Judge...

II-

We piled into the courtroom.....a frazzled Lt. Tragg sat next to ADA Ron Harper...
 "Geez!" said Lt. Tragg..

''What was that in there?" asked ADA Ron Harper..

"Awww Nothin...Nothin.."said Lt. Tragg.

Judge Anna Compost looked at Lt. Tragg..

"You're involved in this case too Lt. Tragg?  I hope you did a more thorough investigation than that last case." she remarked..

"Okay..we are here for a bail hearing for Ginger Anderson....I see bail was set at three million dollars.....My god this is high." she said..



Olivia and Beverly argued again eloquently that Mrs. Ginger Anderson was a noted Surgeon...and had no prior criminal record and therefore was not a flight risk...


ADA Ron Harper showed photos of the crime scene.. which astounded the spectators....He argued that anyone who could commit a gruesome crime like this should not be allowed to walk the streets..
"This is a bit extreme ADA Harper...We are not at trial yet." said Judge Compost, who was clearly shocked by the gruesome murder scene...



Olivia and Beverly vigorously objected and accused the ADA of using extreme tactics....They said that Ginger should be given the benefit of the doubt and presumed innocent...and therefor be given reasonable bail... They tailored their argument a little differently, but it was basically the same message..

Judge Compost thought a minute and said..

"This bail is ridiculously high...but this crime is gruesome.."she said.
\



Nelson, Josie and I hung our heads....We were certain that the girls had lost this round also..

"But I'm taking into account that Mrs. Anderson is a Surgeon, with no prior criminal history or arrests and presuming she is indeed innocent, since guilt has not been proven....I'm reducing bail to $50,000.00" she said and slammed her gavel down...

Dr. Walingford put up the money..a third of the bail and Ginger was released...
"Oh My God....Thank you so much.." she said and hugged him...."And thank you guys too!" she said, in tears, hugging me, Olivia, Beverly, Josie and Nelson..

 ''Keep a low profile.."I said softly...
 "Take a deep breath...Let's grab a bite to eat...then tomorrow We have a few other things to do..., but after that we'll meet and work out a strategy." said Olivia..
 "Yes...We have that Labor Union dispute and the Collins deposition." said Beverly..
 "Nelson and I finished the Collins deposition..We worked on it last night."said Josie...
"I can handle that for you Liv, Bev." said Nelson..

Olivia smiled...

"And this is why I wanted you on our team full time...You take the pressure off of us.."said Olivia, smiling and kissing Nelson on the cheek..


Beverly kissed him fully on the lips..

slowly and softly...

Nelson smiled...

"Got anymore depositions for me to work on?" he asked..


Josie and I smiled...

III-
Alfreda walked in...She sighed...

''What Happened?" she asked.

''Sit tight Freda."said Olivia, who walked over to Judge Compost...

"Hi Anna, it's been a long time." said Olivia..

"It has been Olivia...I miss when we worked together at the firm...but neither one of us was going anywhere in that boys club....I'm a Judge now and you and your niece have a practice...Not bad huh?" said Judge Compost...

"Anna, I need a favor..."said Olivia..

"Haven't I done you a big favor already?" asked Anna... "Ohhhh Alright, what is it?" she asked..


Within an hour, ADA Rockland Cambridge was released from custody and the contempt ruling was struck from his record.
Alfreda was standing there waiting for him...
He was embarrassed...

''Freda, I screwed up...I was doing so good and I screwed up..."he said and was about to walk away..



'Where you goin?" she asked..

"I'm going home...You probably are through with me." he said..

''So why am I here?  Aren't you curious as to how you got out?" asked Alfreda..

''Yeah...What am I doing out? You did this?" he asked..

"Nooooo...Olivia and Beverly know the judge...They asked for a favor...They got you released and got the contempt charge taken off your record." said Alfreda..

"They did that for me?" he said...near tears again...

''Stop crying...It's not sexy.. Yeah they did it...Cause I guess they like you now.." said Alfreda..

"They did it for you...They love you..."said Rockland softly...

"And they know I love you....Which is why I'm down here...Otherwise, I wouldn't be here...So Honey, if you want to continue to be my man...you've got to calm down... Now if you haven't noticed...I have on a new dress.. You like?" she asked, smiling..modeling it for him...


"WOW....I love it!!!.." he said...Admiring how it clung to every curve and how short it was...

She whispered in his ear... "And I'm wearing matching white sheer panties and a white sheer bralette, plus I have the afternoon off.." she said and winked..

His eyes got as large as saucers...

"Oh my god, you get me so hot." he said.
"I should be the only one getting you excited, not these court cases.." said Alfreda.
They began kissing passionately....

''Everybody has a bad day sometimes.. You were there for me when I had mine."she said and smiled and continued kissing him...

Rockland walked her into the Judges chambers and locked the door from the inside..

"This is the judges chambers....You just want to get in trouble don't you?" she asked and kissed him some more..
She then eased out of his embrace...She unlocked the door..

''Don't get too excited...We aren't doin anything in here today.." she said.
 "Come on..we aren't going to tempt fate anymore today...We are going home...My place.." she said and Rockland followed her..








IV-

Josie had gone home for the day....Alfreda was gone...


were upstairs in our apartment..

making love...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you couldn't wait could you?" she asked..

"Nooooooooooooooooooooo, I couldn't...oh my god, you are so damn sexy....."I moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray, ummmmmmm take care of me....ouuuuuuuuuuuuu."Olivia  yelled out...

"Don't worry about that....I got you baby.." I moaned...


Our bed was not making noise but it was moving and shifting with our weight and our headboard was rattling..

A floor below us..Beverly and Nelson were both making sweet love....She had taken her aunt's advice and closed the window...They had central air...

they were still sweaty..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husband...."moaned Beverly.....

''Oh Godddd I love you so much..."said Nelson...

He was the one who was emotional...and was putting a hurting on Beverly...

"Baby,I'm not goin nowhere...I swear..." she said as tears and sweat began to flow down her face...

At Sam Mother's Diner....an odd couple were having coffee

It was near closing time...


"Olivia and Beverly won in court today...They got the bail reduced and your father paid her bail...She's out.." said Wallace.

"I'm not surprised...He has always fawned over her just like everybody else.."said Cynthia Bernard..

''Well I changed the locks...She can't get in and I'm still going through with the divorce." said Wallace..

"Good For you....You deserve better...You know...I don't know who killed my husband...but I do know that Ginger wasn't the only girl he was seeing." said Cynthia.


"Really?" asked Wallace..

"Listen, I've found panties and bras under the seat of his SUV....He was so stupid...I know your wife's size...I found a few of hers...but I found another woman's under garmets or rather the valet service that cleans the car for us found them and returned them to me...I was sooo embarrassed..but they weren't mine, weren't your wifes either...So there was a third woman... A third Woman in this triangle..She had to be the one that found the panties...because I hadn't found any recently...Judging by the size...I'd say she was petite.." said Cynthia.

''That is interesting. She also had to know about the layout of the hospital too, know about that abandoned wing...Maybe he had taken her there too!" said Wallace.. remembering a conversation he had a few days before..


While at the hospital,  Wallace was gathering a few things..
"I feel so bad for you Wallace..."said the young intern, Nancy Jordan..

"I'll be alright." said Wallace..

"You getting a divorce?" asked Nancy..
''More than likely." said Wallace..
''He's been cheating on you with her for years you know...Everybody knows about it...I'm sorry you found out about it this way..Right here in the damn hospital...didn't even have the decency to put her panties on before she left...She's done that a lot you know..left her panties behind when fooling around with him in that SUV." said Nancy..

"How would you know Nancy?" asked Wallace..

''She's not the only one to uh have experienced the good doc...He and I fooled around  a bit too for awhile...




but I don't do married men...So I broke it off.."said Nancy..."Your wife apparently did not."said Nancy...

"Nah, I guess not.."said Wallace..



Wallace thought to himself..

''I should call Beverly."
Her phone rang...
Beverly picked up her phone...

"Hello?" she said...

(CONCLUSION NEXT)







10 comments:

Sunflower said...

Alfreda and Rockland are a sweet couple, Odd but sweet!

Toni said...

They are sweet!

Angie B. said...

a Third woman is involved in this...I think I know who she is!

Lisa said...

I know who she is too, but like you Angie B. I choose to wait.

Halo said...

Alfreda has taken the edge off of Rockland ,just like Olivia and Beverly have softened him up too with kindness and inclusion...

Vanessa said...

When rockland first appeared and for a long time, I thought of him as an asshole..but now since he's become a semi regular in both the Olivia and Yvette series...He's becoming more human..

Brenda said...

Nice to see Melody Brown again...I remember when they defended her a few years back!

Rita said...

You know I wondered if Rockland was ever going to face Liv and Bev again or Yvette and crew and how he'd react if he lost...He's been pretty chummy with them..but here you have him losing again and to an unlikely character nd throwing a hissy fit...Only difference is..Alfreda..She calmed him right down!

Tate 2 said...

I think Beverly would call that...."The Power of The Pan-Tays.."

Cheryl said...

Yeah, exactly...LOL!