Friday, October 25, 2019

Nuclear Option

OPEN COURT-
Ms. Yvette asked our client, Assistant District Attorney, Karen Page-

"Now Karen is there anything...I mean Anything you haven't told us?  Did you two have sex again at anytime after that one night we know about? Did you share a kiss? Anything?? I don't want to be surprised in here...I have to know everything.." she asked..

I stood by her side....

''No we never had sex again....He asked me on several occasions...I always told him no...There was...There was a time in his car....I don't think they know about this.."Karen hesitated..

"Assume that they do..."said Yvette..

''What happened?" I asked.


"It was a few weeks ago...Against my better judgement...I went out to dinner with him...We went to Bottom of The C...Ever been there Vettie? The food is great.."said Karen..

''I have...and the food is great!"said Ms. Yvette.
''He plied me with liquor...expensive liquor all night long..I was hip to his game...All night long I kept fighting his hands which kept sneaking up my skirt, rubbing my legs...yanking on the waistband of my panties...I knew what he wanted...After he paid the bill he offered to drive me home..said he'd drive me to my car in the morning.. I allowed him to...Naturally when we got in front of my apartment complex..He wanted a kiss goodnight...I resisted a bit..but finally I gave in..

I let him kiss me...but he wouldn't stop and he pulled his zipper down and pulled it out...I told him to stop ,to put that away and let me out...He started kissing me some more and he came all over the front seat...Some of it got on my dress...
I opened the door and got out...I told him I wasn't angry, but that he had to calm himself down...and I ran into my apartment building.."she said.

"Was this before or after he had proffered you the deal to work at his company?" asked Yvette.

''Before...A week before.. He came up to the court some two weeks later with the deal...and he had tickets for the Riversharks game...I reluctantly agreed to go with him...and that's the truth...What happened in the car never came up.." said Karen..

"Charles Bartlett O'Hare only previewed his case in my office...He has a lot more, believe that...Don't be surprised if this doesn't come up.."said Yvette..

 At Voir Dire, Kahlil was giving Charles Bartlett O'Hare all he could handle.....We had already decided that we wanted as many females on the jury as possible...Young women, unmarried women on the dating scene, professional women....


Bee Bee and Sofia said that young unmarried women who were dating would perfectly understand ADA Karen Page's plight...

Ms. Yvette agreed...

Unlike a criminal case...A civil case like this only needs six jurors and Kahlil had six jurors, all young, under 25, College graduates and dating...

Kahlil had already successfully picked four women for the jury...




Yvette, Bee Bee, Sofia and I all smiled in agreement...
Charles Bartlett OHare, not used to facing attorneys this prepared and this astute was not liking it and already the stress was showing..He got two working class men for the jury.....

"WHOOOO HOOO!  WHEEE HEEE....WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOO HOOO!" he shouted..

The jurors and the spectators were astounded, but none more so than the Judge..

Judge John Walton...

''What in the world??..Cut that racket out!" he yelled..

Which brought guffaws from everyone and a snarl from Gwen "O Day..


''Would you knock it off?" she chided her attorney.







II-
I said he had only previewed his case.....I was wrong...He didn't have much more.. He gave the same argument we had heard in our office a week before...Considering what I'd heard about him, I expected more...

"I AM CHARLES BARTLETT O'HARE and I say the charges are not ridiculous...Ms. Karen Page has caused my client's brother, Sean O'Day deeeeeeep emotional pain for years and she led him on and this led to his untimely and tragic suicide....Whooo Hoooo...These are Whoooo Hoooo, FACTS" he said.. 


"I have here credit card receipts, Ms. Karen Page's Credit Card receipts from one night, April 27, 2017, the anniversary of her husband's murder in San-Francisco...She was out drinking with Mr. O'Day, she was sad, upset...and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HEEEEEEE, She lured him back to her hotel room for a WHooooo hoooooo BIG SEXY NIGHT!!!!

"They engaged in wild sex for up to EIGHT TO NINE HOURS in that Motel that night...I have the photos here to prove it... Mr. O'Day planted micro-cameras in their room while she was getting undressed and photographed the whole thing..WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HEEEEE...WHooo HOOO!" he said..



Unknown to him, he was turning the jurors off...When they weren't laughing at him , they were looking at each other strangely...

These photos totally turned the women jurors and visitors off...The males shook their heads and laughed...They thought Sean O'Day was pathetic.


"I AM CHARLES BARTLETT O'HARE AND ......
The point I am making here is that if MS. PAGE wasn't interested...Why did she lure  Mr. O'Day to her motel room for a WHOOOOO WEEEEE A BIG SEXY NIGHT , Hev sex with him all night long and then break it off???..She played with his emotions for years..."said Charles Bartlett- OHare.


"Mr. Ohare, you do not have to remind us of your name every five seconds and I want you to cut out all of these hoops and whistles and strange noises you're making...CUT THAT DAMN RACKET OUT!"said Judge Walton..

 Bee Bee was trying her best to keep her composure and not laugh...but the tears were streaming down her face and the jurors and spectators felt sorry for her and were laughing out loud themselves...

She did straighten herself out and say...

"That was three years ago and they never had a Big Sexy Night again...Though he did ask and proposition and do everything in his power to have one...If he was suffering from any emotional turmoil..It was of his own making." she said.
Sofia produced a phone record of all of the calls Sean O'Day made to ADA Page and the times...Usually at midnight...

"There are 100 calls here that he made to her...I have them numbered...and only four calls made to him by her..Who was pressuring whom?" asked Sofia..

I suddenly felt that all of that research we did to prepare for this hearing wouldn't be neccesary...If that was all he had..

 Yvette  implored the four women and two men to use their common sense..

"Was one sexual encounter two years ago leading someone on? I admit , my client should have used better judgement and not had sex with him at all...But ladies, we've all had that one guy we have reluctantly, maybe out of pity slept with and then been sorry...Guys...some of you have slept with that one woman and then woke up the next morning and wondered ,what the hell did I do?" she asked.

All of the jurors smiled sheepishly seemingly in agreement!!!
 Bee Bee asked the women jurors if they had ever had a guy in their lives who couldn't take no for an answer? Yet it was a guy who's feelings they didn't want to hurt?  This went over big with the women jurors..
Sofia beat Charles Bartllet OHare to it...She talked about the lucrative offer to work for Mr. O'day's company as an Equity Partner and the money and prestige it would bring...BUT she said ,there was a string attached...She had to marry him...

"I feel sorry for the guy, I do...I know what's it like when you just gotta have someone and they're not feeling you....But you can plainly see that this was more him than her leading him on..."said Kahlil.
Kahlil and Ms. Yvette argued that most girls might take a tempting offer like that and pray for the best, but that ADA Page was not going to lead him on further...


We were resonating with the jury...

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,  WHOOOO HOOOO, WHAT ABOUT THE BIG SEXY NIGHT? THINGS WERE SAID...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HEEEEE." said Charles Bartlett OHare...

"I'm gonna ask you one last time..Cut that damn racket out!"said Judge Walton..
Lt. Tragg, sitting in the visitor's section was laughing so hard, tears were coming down the side of his face....He was stomping his foot...

Bee Bee was just as bad...She had tears streaming down her face....






III-


 "The point I am making here is that if your client wasn't interested...Why did she lure him to her motel room , Have sex him all night long and then break it off???..She played with his emotions for years..."said Charles Bartlett- OHare.


"Apples and Oranges...Has everybody you've had sex with wanted to marry you counselor?  Uh probably not!" said Yvette..

The courtroom roared with laughter...

"WHEEE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" shouted Charles Bartlett O'Hare..

"Oh for the love of Pete.WILL YOU CUT THAT RACKET OUT?"said Judge Walton.

 At this point, Bee Bee was beside herself with laughter...

The Juror's especially the female jurors were laughing right along with her....
So was Sofia....but ADA Karen Page said quietly-
"I didn't lure him...I never lead him on...He's been on me ever since college....Law School..."said Karen ,who got her turn to talk.

"He was a guest lecturer....I was a second year law student...He was already an established Attorney...Right after the lecture, he asked me for my phone number...He said he was interested in talking to me some more.. I reluctantly gave my number to him...He called me every night...My attorney can attest to that...We were both in law school at the same time and I used to complain about his constant calling.. We went out for Ice Cream, but he didn't discuss law, he discussed me and him getting together.." said Karen...

"You're guilty of the same thing Ms. Page...Your future husband, Lloyd Cantrell, three years behind you in law school was close to graduation...He did a mock trial is that not right?  A trial where a promising law student works a real case given to them by the Public Defender's Office...They have to have a real Attorney with them as second chair...You were that second chair weren't you?" asked Charles Bartlett O'Hare.
Bee Bee objected...she had gotten herself together..

''Relevance" she said..
The Judge sighed..

"Normally I'd agree Ms. Evans..But I'm going to allow it this time."said Judge Walton,shaking his head..








Yvette and I, Bee Bee , Sofia and Kahlil just smiled..


''After the case you slipped the young student your number and told him to call you...This led to dinner, drinks at a bar a little later and a trip to that SAME MOTEL and a Big Sexy Night"  You were leading him on tooo!" he said..
"No...I wasn't.  I was genuinely interested in him, Attracted to him....and he was attracted to me too..It was consensual and we met there off and on his entire last year of law school...After he graduated and passed the bar....I got him a job at my firm, where he excelled and we got engaged...He didn't record our lovemaking.. He was AN ADULT!" she said staring daggers at Gwen..

Gwen looked away angrily..
"This is silly....I have here a list of flowers and gifts Mr. O'Day sent my client that she sent back and reversed...Clearly she was not leading him on...She was not interested in him in that way...and just because she slept with him once, doesn't mean she owed him anything...On the last day of his life, he was still trying...He proposed to her in Rivershark Stadium....

She told him no.  He had offered her a cushy job at his firm as an equity partner...She would have been making twice as much as she makes now...I know a lot of girls who would have went along with whatever he wanted.....and taken the job...but my client did not do that...she did not lead him on." said Ms. Yvette.

''Alright enough!!!.....Jurors...You've heard both sides of this....this story....I will charge you to deliberate and come to a conclusion.." said the Judge...


Jade and Gary entered the courtroom....They passed some documents to Ms. Yvette..

She read them and smiled..

"This all depends on how the jury rules.." she said..

IV-


Lt. Tragg walked up Yvette...

"You can write this on your calender Yvette...I doubt this will ever happen again, but for once...I'm rooting for you....This crap is the weakest crap I've ever seen brought before a Judge...You got this kid." he said.
''Well Thank You Lieutenant." said Yvette.
 "He ought to know about bringing weak cases before a judge."I whispered to Bee Bee.
 "Stopppp, I can't laugh any more, My sides hurt.."said Bee Bee..
 "You know...I thought OHare was going to bring something more than that...I expected a little more."said Sofia..
''Yeah, I did too.."said Kahlil..

''Same Here...I'm a little underwhelmed.." I said..
''The Jury is back guys." said Ms. Jade.
''What?" said Yvette...It had only been ten minutes...



The Jury of Four women and two men ruled in favor of ADA Karen Page...There was no emotional cruelty on her part and she was not responsible for Sean O'Day's death....

Gwen O'Day stomped her foot in anger...

"I'll refile charges." she spat

Yvette walked over to her...

"Gwen, this is documentation from the San Francisco P.D. and Camden P.D.   They found things in your brothers apartment...Incriminating things...Like a four year old smartphone with a phone call made to Lloyd Cantrell's cell just minutes before he vanished....The gun your brother killed himself with is a ballistics match to the gun that killed Lloyd Cantrell...We will never really know, but your brother more than likely killed this woman's husband...Now imagine if we flip it and come after you for emotional cruelty...?" said Yvette..

"Oh!  well...well...I suppose we uh should just drop it then.."said Gwen...

"A very wise decision." said Yvette.

''Whoooo Hooooo, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...With With with  withdraw!" said Attorney O'Hare...


Yvette and Gwen had puzzled looks on their faces...

"Baby, now that you're free and clear, let's have some drinks and I know a nice little joint, thickest steaks you ever had."said Lt. Tragg.

"No Arthur, I'm celebrating with some friends tonight...who helped me get through this.."said Karen.


As the press snapped photos...

B.L. Benz was standing in the lobby...

"Got your story huh?" asked Sofia..

"Sure Did...Hey uh is uh Yvette seeing anybody, seriously I mean?" asked B.L.


"I'm afraid she is..."said Bee Bee..



Yvette and Gary were over in a corner kissing like it was going out of business..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girl." said Gary...

"I'm so glad it's over."said Yvette in between more kisses.

"Damn..all the good ones are taken."said a disappointed B.L.


"So True." I said, putting my arms around Bee Bee...


''Ditto" said Kahlil, putting his arms around Sofia..




EPILOUGE-


We went to a new place...The Aqua Rooftop Bar...
"I can't thank you guys enough...For all your help and for finding this beautiful place...."said ADA Karen Page.. "And it's so good to see you Olivia.."said Karen..

"Good to see you too Karen...So Glad, Vettie and company got you out of that jam.."said Olivia..

"It was actually easier than I imagined it was going to be..I thought he'd come with more fight, more preparation.."said Yvette..

''We had a Nuclear Option if he had of.." said Gary placing his arm around Yvette's waist and holding her tight..

''I heard...Ole boy might have offed your husband.."asked Donnie Ray..
"Yes and now that I think of it...It kind of makes sense."said Karen Page.
 ''We would have won anyway. Despite that guy making all of those crazy noises and throwing everybody off."I said..
 Bee Bee was still laughing and digging her head into my shoulders...
 Sofia was laughing too..

''Beverly, you guys don't know what you missed." she said.
"He was funny...The Judge was even funnier...'Cut that racket out!" said Kahlil, laughing..
 ''We know...We've seen him in action.."said Beverly...
 ''Whooo Hoooo, Weeee HEEE Heee." said Nelson...

We all erupted in laughter...
"Can I call your husband a goofball Beverly.?" laughed Josie..


''Go right ahead."said Beverly, who was laughing and holding poor Bee Bee, who was in hysterics..

''Stopppp, Stoppppppppppp ,please!" pleaded Bee Bee, with tears in her eyes..
"She gonna be alright ?" asked a laughing Paris..

''Yeah, she's gonna be fine.."I said.
 ''Heyyy everybody..."said Jade..

''Welcome back ADA Page..." said Lt. Danny Ho..

 "Heyyy Guys..." said FBI Deputy Special Agent in Charge ,Sharon Farrell-Hopkins
and her husband, Tony Hopkins, who also arrived..

Drinks arrived.
 Citris Martini's
 Mango Martini's
 Assorted Martini's
and brews for us guys...

"Guys...Your drinks are all on me tonight...Well my grateful network and we've supplied that Bus service that brought you from your homes and will take you back...So that you can drink without guilt and you don't have to drive.." said B.L. Benz..

 "WOW! GREAT!" said Yvette
 "Looks Like I'm spending the night with you tonight."said Gary to Yvette...
 "Nice" I said..
 "I wondered who sent the mini bus.."said Bee Bee
 ''Guilt Free Drinking...Love it!" said Sofia.
 "Only in America." said Kahlil
 "Works for me."said Olivia.
 "Works for me too."said Donnie Ray.
 "Let's celebrate..Whoo Hoooo.."said Beverly...
 ''Don't Start."laughed Nelson.
 Josie laughed almost as hard as Bee Bee had been laughing..
 So did Paris..
 Jade smiled and shook her head..
So did Danny Ho...


We partied well into the night...

Karen Page walked over to B.L. Benz and smiled..

"Hi." she said.

"Heyyyy" he said..

"Would it be too forward of me if I say that I think you're cute and that I've been kind of attracted to you since I've seen you on Hard Bottom and been on your show?" she asked..

''Why no, Not at all...I've always thought you were a babe!" said B.L.

''Is it true...I hear you're a lawyer as well?" she asked..

''Why yes...I am.." said B.L.  "I have a Bachelors degree in Communications/Journalism from Temple U. here in Philly and I got my J.D. from Fordhamin New York....I passed the Bar in New York State and here in Pennsylvania...I've uh been in litigations , but I've never tried a case in court like you guys.." he said staring around the room at Ms. Yvette and us..









and at Olivia and Beverly and crew...








''You guys are the heavyweights..." he said..

"B.L.  You're cute...."she said....

 Within a few hours B.L. and Sharon Page were kissing passionately.......For the first time, in a long time ,Karen Page felt good about something...

"My place or yours?" asked B.L. in between kisses..

''Mine if you don't mind..I'll drive you home the next day." said Karen..

"Ummmm, I might not want to go home.." moaned B.L. in between more kisses.

Soon all of us were kissing..


The Night was magic...



For SLC-



No comments: