Monday, April 5, 2021

The Intern


 A Monday Morning at our firm....


With no new cases...Beverly and Josie were busy filing away our old case work...

"Nice to have a few days off from the courtroom huh Josie?" asked Beverly...

"Yessssss...Hey you wanna go over to the shopping center at lunchtime? I've got my eyes on a skirt and a top at the boutique over there..." said Josie.


''Sure." said Beverly..


''Say, where is Liv and Donnie Ray?"asked Nelson, Beverly's husband...

''Auntay gave a lecture at Middleton Law School today....They should be back soon..." said Beverly...

Meanwhile in the kitchen..


Beverly's mother, Alfreda, our office manager and her boyfriend, Assistant District Attorney, Rockland Cambridge shared a deep soul kiss...



"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm , ouuuuuuuuuuu you're making me want to open up my pants.." she said..


''Awwwwwwwww, don't tease me...Alfredaaaaa.."moaned Rockland, almost delirious with desire..


"You're right...I'm sorry...Let's chill before my daughter or son in law or Josie walks back here.."said Alfreda, straightening up her clothes and Rockland's and wiping her lipstick off of him....She ran her index finger across his lips.. Tonight ,Okay?" she whispered and smiled at him..


The doorbell rang...


"I've got to get that.." she said to him and smiled..



He smiled...He knew it wouldn't be that annoying Lt. Arthur Tragg.. His cease and desist order had taken care of him..He hadn't been around in weeks.. He couldn't come by unless he had a warrant!

''Hi Alfreda...This is Bresha...Bresha Williams..Recent graduate of Middleton Law School, Just passed the bar ....She will be clerking with us for the next few weeks..Bresha, this is our office manager, Alfreda Johnson...She is the mother of my niece, Beverly West-East.."said Olivia..

"Ohhhhhhhh yes... and Beverly's father is your older brother, Ahhh I see...Hello Ms. Johnson."said Bresha..


"Hi baby...come on in the conference room, let me introduce you to the others.." said Alfreda..

"You got any coffee ready?" I asked.



"For You, Tall Dark and Southern....Of course." said Alfreda with a devilish smile.

"Heyyyy everybody...This is Bresha...Bresha Williams...Recent graduate of Middleton Law School, Just passed the bar ....She will be clerking with us for the next few weeks..Bresha...This is my niece and Law firm founding partner, Mrs. Beverly West-East.." said Olivia..
"Hi Breshaaaaaa!" said Beverly, smiling....

''Hi Beverly..Pleased to meet you.." said Bresha.

"And this is her husband, Associate Attorney Nelson East..." said Olivia.

"Hi Bresha...Pleased to meet you." said Nelson..

"And Bresha, this is our newest Attorney, Josie Boyd..She graduated from law school and passed the bar last year..but she was with me and Bev, when we opened this practice up...She was our Office Manager, then our Para-legal and then she eventually went to law school and upon graducation, she became our Associate Attorney.." said Olivia.


"Wowwwww, quite a history and you guys are a very close knit group.."said Bresha.

''We're like family.."said Josie.


''You are a family..Spouses, Aunt and Niece...Wow!" said Bresha.  "Uh, I have a car...I'll be driving here.." said Bresha.
''Park right around the back.."I said.

''I park around the back, on the nights I don't spend the night.." said Josie.

"Look, we are finishing up right now..We don't have a case as of yet...but I'm sure we will..Why don't you come with Josie and I and my husband, who will be driving over to the shopping center..."said Beverly...

"Yeah, loosen up...Go to the shopping center with them Bresha..And tomorrow, be here in between 7:30-8:00 am..." said Olivia..

"Thank you Ms. Olivia." said Bresha as she followed Beverly, Nelson and Josie to their car..



outside....

"Look at you , Lecturing at Law School and now got a young attorney clerking for you...Wow...Mentor!" I said. 

"I don't feel like I'm doing anything new...

"Nelson was my first...Nelson was a young attorney , who had only been practicing for a year when I met him and I mentored him..Had him work beside me ....Taught him little nuances I had learned..He was like my first intern..
And when Beverly came to us a year later...Of course you know I was tickled pink...Mentoring and Nurturing her...She was like a sponge, asking a thousand questions and picking up every little thing, Imitating me in every little way....I loved it..
And her law school chum , Jasmine Jenkins came to work for us , a year later, I took her under my wing too..and she was just like Nelson and Beverly, young, eager to learn, absorbing everything...My sweet Jazzy...I loved her...Still do.." sighed Olivia, thinking about the attorneys she had mentored.


''And then there is you...I've mentored you in a way.."said Olivia, with a devilish grin..

"Me?" I laughed incredulously...

"I've mentored  you in ........sex!" whispered Olivia.


We kissed passionately for a few minutes..

"Let's go upstairs for uh....another session.." I said.

"Yess, you could use some remedial sessions..." whispered Olivia as we both exited the conference room and walked upstairs to our floor..
Meanwhile in our kitchen, Rockland and Alfred continued kissing...




Rockland opened Alfreda's top.....

"Open your pants.." he asked..

"You're crazy.." she said, giggling.. Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha were gone..They were at the shopping center and Olivia and I were upstairs..She reluctantly opened her pants and let them drop..

Rockland  nearly lost his mind... He slipped her panties down and unhooked her bra..

"YOU ARE INSANE....I'M AT WORK!!!" said Alfreda.


Rockland dropped his trousers and lifted Alfreda up and entered her slowly....It was exciting because of the danger of being caught....

"Ohhhhhhh my godddddd Rocklanddddd...Ouuuuuuuuuuuu...what are we doing?" asked Alfreda....

" If you have to askkkkkkk...Ummmmmmmmmm!" he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Alfreddddddda!" he moaned...

It was highly unlikely today...with the youngins at the shopping center and Olivia and I upstairs..

already in bed, making slow sweet love...It was quite obvious we weren't returning anytime soon..

"Ummmmm Olivvvvviaaaa..." I moaned...she was so soft, so wet...smelled so good....

"Donnie Rayyyyyyyyy, oh my goodnesss..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed softly...
"Ouuuuuuuuuu you're a good student.." cooed Olivia as as she moved up and down on me ,kissing me softly and slowly...

"I had a good teacher...ummmmmmmmmmm." I moaned  as we both giggled...


and continued making sweet, sweet love....



 Rockland and Alfreda were going at it hard in the kitchen...

"Ummmmmmmmph." he moaned..

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now you are going to have to keep it down..." Alfreda cautioned as they continued making love in the kitchen for ONE HOUR AND A HALF....

Alfreda's legs shook furiously , her head turned from side to side..and Rockland came with wild abandon....Breathing heavily as he put her down..
Alfreda fixed herself up...



"Ouuuuuuuuu, you need to get back to work..Wowwwwwwww...You really, you really put something on me..." she said, pulling her slacks up and putting her top on...


She kissed him passionately for a few minutes in the doorway!!!!...




Rockland looked at his watch...

"I should have been back an hour ago..Glad I don't have to be in court..." he laughed..

He felt even better that they weren't interrupted.


II-


NEW YEARS EVE- FOUR MONTHS EARLIER!  JOSIE'S BAR AND GRILL


The man downed eight beers and asked for another...

"You've had enough...Go Home..." said Barmaid , Mellisa Lewis..


"Aye Yo, Mellisa, when you gone let me get in those panties?" asked the man...
"You're really drunk Roderick!...Go home to your wife.." said Mellisa Lewis



"So that's no right?" asked the man..


''Yes! Even if you were sober and single...The answer would still be the same.. Go home..No more for you!"said Mellissa.


"Aight...Alright...I'm goin home...Happy News Years....Gimme a kiss baby.." said the man..

"Get out of here!!!...." said Mellisa, laughing  as the man got up and stumbled out...


"Why don't you drive him home Mellisa, He's very drunk?" asked Honey Brown...

"I don't want him smelling up my ride or throwing up in it either...I just got it detailed...but, I will follow him home..He doesn't live too far from here." said Mellissa.

"Okay...and you can clock out for the night...I got you covered...Happy New Years Baby." said Honey Brown.


"Okay...Happy New Years Baby,."said Mellisa Lewis...

He got in his car and took off..

Mellissa Lewis took off after him...


He drove up and parked...



He got out  and  walked up his steps... It appeared that there was people home in his house..



Convinced he was home safe...She pulled off and headed home..


She had no idea he was armed......he loaded his .22 caliber pistol..


He entered the house...

"I'M HOME...HAPPY NEWS YEARS GOTDAMN IT!!!!"

He fired three shots...Killing his wife instantly.... He fired Two more shots, Killing her boyfriend!!!!
And then he put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger...blowing the back of his head out....Killing himself instantly...


NEW YEARS MORNING-

"Damn what a mess." said a crime scene investigator...

"Well, Happy New Years Guys..." said Dr. Hazel Baylor, the Deputy Coroner...



"Geeeez! What a mess...What have we got here , a triple?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"Nah, this is an easy one Lieutenant..Double murder and a suicide..Looks like the husband came home from a night of drinking..walked in on his wife and this guy...killed em both and then turned the gun on himself..Case closed..." said the Crime Scene Investigator.


"The guy is in his boxers and the lady is in a see through nightie....What were they doing in the living room?" asked Lt. Tragg.

Everybody gave him the serious side eye..

He smiled weakly...

"Guess it doesn't matter...huh?" he said.. "Alright..Get these bodies outta here guys." he said.





He watched as all three bodies were put in body bags and loaded into the ambulances that were going to take them to the morgue....

Bringing new meaning to starting the New Year off with a bang..



TODAY-


"Nice place you got here Liv, I've been meaning to visit you...I just hate that it's because of  business...
This is my friend, Mellisa Lewis...She's a Barmaid at Josies." said Honey Brown..
"I've served you guys before...You probably just don't remember me...And I've seen your husband, playing trumpet with the House band and with his own group numerous times." said Mellisa.
"Well Bresha...See? I told you it wouldn't be long before we had a case..."said Olivia..


"Wow! You guys weren't lying..."laughed Bresha...

"So Honey , Mellissa , what is your issue?" I asked.

"On New Years Eve...I was serving a customer, Roderick Hampton...I could see he was very drunk, so I refused to serve him any more...Honey Brown and I asked him to leave...He paid his bill and he left..but he was stumbling.. I got in my car and followed him...He got out of his car, parked it  and stumbled up his steps..I was satisfied that he was alright..So I pulled off... After that he went inside his house and killed his wife, her boyfriend and then took his own life...I didn't find out that happened until the next afternoon." said Mellissa Lewis..
"Oh my god...I remember hearing about that on the news..but that was three months ago..What has that got to do with you?" asked Beverly...
"Yeah, I heard about it too...Is someone trying to hold you responsible for this?" asked Nelson..
"Can you be held responsible for this? You stopped serving him and you followed him home..
You technically weren't obligated to do that." said Josie.


"That's what I thought...But I got a court summons...I'm being charged with Involuntary Manslaughter by Assistant District Attorney, Jennifer Thorne...I told Honey Brown about it..and she said I'd better get legal representation...the best....You guys." said Mellissa Lewis.
"I don't think I know her, any of you guys?" asked Olivia.

''Can't say that I have, but they have had a revolving door over at the D.A.'s office."said Nelson.

"Yeah really...As soon as we get used to one, here comes another." said Josie.
"Probably...Some hot shot trying to make a name for herself.." said Beverly...


"I know her." said Rockland Cambridge, The Assistant District Attorney , who walked in on the tail end of our conversation..She's the niece of one of Garcetti's old law school chums..She's won 30 cases , lost maybe 2 and she's eager to make a name for herself..Normally nobody would even look at this case.. It's an open and shut murder -suicide, but she found it and has decided to run with it.."said Rockland..

"Always something Bresha..."said Olivia..

"WOW, I seee." said Bresha.


III-

"Mellissa, do you have someplace you can stay for a few days?" asked Olivia.

"Yeah...My boyfriend's house..."said Mellissa...

"Grab some things and go there until we can sort some things out.."said Olivia..
''Take this...We'll communicate with you and keep you up to date on your case by this portal." said Beverly..
Passing her a portal....
"And take this phone...It's a burner... Call us on this..It can't be traced..."said Nelson..

passing her the phone..

"Keep a low profile....We are going to get right on this." said Josie..

"Wow you guys are like a well oiled machine..."said our intern, Bresha Williams , who looked on with amazement as this went down..
"Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Josie, Donnie Ray, Thank you soooo much.." said Melissa Lewis...

"Josie's is behind her...We are paying her legal fees and a number of our patrons have taken up a collection to help out also.."said Honey Brown..

"Always good to know.." I said..

"Bresha...Why don't you go home and pack an overnight bag....We have an extra room, you can spend the night with us..If you like..We are having dinner , you're more than welcome.."said Olivia..

"They'll be more than enough food." I said.


"Oh My God..This is like a dream come true... A Big Case and getting to hang out with my favorite lawyers ." said Bresha...

Such Hero worship gave us all a big ego boost.


IV-


We gave Bresha the tour of our facility..

Our law library

Our high tech monitors and equipment ...



and Beverly and Nelson's place..

As promised there was plenty of food.. Peach Cobbler, Corn Bread, Fried Fish, Baked Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Candied Yams


And Plates of Fried Chicken...Courtesy of Alfreda's Caterer...

"Everything looks just delish,, you guys know how to make somebody feel welcome." said Bresha..


"You're part of the family now, dig in..." said Nelson...

"Yes, grab a plate...We do everything buffett style around here." said Beverly...

''Enjoy yourself..The work begins tomorrow." I said Smiling..

Josie, who was spending the night with Beverly and Nelson

was there with her boyfriend, Paris.

''Bresha, let me introduce you to my cousin and her husband, Kayla and Ray, they're attorneys also and they live across the street....Kayla, Ray, this is our new intern, Bresha...She just graduated from Middleton Law School and recently passed the bar, she'll be clerking for us for awhile."said Olivia.

''Hiiii Bresha..."said Kayla.


''Heyyyy Bresha." said Ray..


"Baby, that caterer of yours has done it again.."said Rockland, munching on a chicken leg,..


"Yes he did.."laughed Alfreda...


How lucky could a girl be? thought Bresha, enjoying her food and looking around the room...She felt part of the family...She felt warm, secure...That and the fact that she was actually going to work on a big case...It didn't get any better than this she thought.


(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: