Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Big Girls Don't Cry


"Hello..."

"Hello, you sweaty freak...I'm just calling you to let you know
that I know who you are and I know about what you did to
Collette."

"Who is this?"

"It's Cockraine Robbins...You know good and darn well
who I am..and you know that you need to see me soon.
You're gonna have to pay for me to keep my mouth shut.
I've got a good mind to go to the police with what I know
and have your simple ass locked up..you freak."

"You don't know what you're talkin about..you don't
know anything."

"She called me you know...she called me to come get
her...the night you snatched her off the street..she
saw you..she knew it was you...you didn't fool anyone."

"Oh is that right?"

"Yeah...now here's the deal freak....you're going to meet
me at noon tomorrow at Penn's Landing...by the Chart House..
near the Marinas...you're gonna have twenty g's...or I'm gonna
tell the cops that you killed Collette and Jordy."

"Cock Robbins...you blackmailing black whore....what makes you
think you'll be alive by noon tomorrow...I know where you live."

"I know where you live too freak and I just left from in front of
your house...I'm not stupid enough to stay at my house and be a
sitting duck."

"Your pretty little wife is with you ,I suppose."

"You know it....just have my money you murderin freak."

"Oh I'm gonna have something for you, you male whore..
I'll have somethin for you.." spat the voice..

"Oh and wear your red pumps...you left the blue one behind
for the cops..freak.."

click!

I patted Cock on the back.....

"That ought to get her good and mad....mad enough to come out into the open." I laughed.

Clerow and Deacon Larry Weatherford wired him up for sound, while Vanessa and Sepia looked on.

"Kevin...Collette might have called me, but I never answered...she didn't tell me nothin,
I don't know why she called me.." said Cock Robbins...

"It's okay...she don't know that...Sean...you got your mini video cameras in place down there?"
I asked him.

"Yeah Kevin...everything is in place..just like you asked..Me and Clerow and Honey Brown hooked everything up, just like you asked." Said Sean..

"Okay, take Vanessa and Sepia with you.....I've got some business to attend to..Keep your eyes on that monitor...you're gonna see some magic tomorrow at noon. As for tonight..Cock, you'll be staying in one of Clerow's safehouses..." I said.

'What are you gonna do Kevin?" asked Cock..

"I'm driving around...I suspect that that freak will be looking first for you Cock and then for me..
and when she shows herself...she's going to get the shock of her life." I laughed.

"Baby, who is this she that you keep talking about?" asked Sepia....

I kissed her cheek....

"You'll know soon enough ...Cock, you really should have been an actor.." I laughed..

"Really? Ya think so? I told you we could make a pile of dough off of you and these capers." said
Cock Robbins... We all laughed our heads off.

That night...I sat at the corner of Cock's block in a black 2008 Chevy Cobalt, with tinted windows
and sure enough...The ugliest woman I ever saw in my life jimmied the lock of Cock's house and
went through it ....Within a half hour,satisfied that nobody was there she got into an old taxi cab and drove off...I followed at a safe distance and sat at the edge of my block as she went through my house....I got out of the car and crept behind the bushes...I watched as she emerged
from the house...walked towards the car...peered in...seeing nobody, she walked back down the
street..got in the cab after cursing aloud and pulled off.

The next day at noon...Cock stood on the pier, near the marina..He looked great...Standing at six
five, well muscled in a tight fitting black turtle neck...with a dark suit jacket, dark slacks and a pair of shoes that must've cost him about $600.00...just shining...From the bulge in his suit,I could tell that he was packing...I didn't blame him...he was dealing with a dangerous person..a trained killer.

It didn't take long for a mysterious figure in a purple dress, with sheer pantyhose and purple pumps to come walking out of the shadows..She was wearing a blond wig, black pantyhose and
white gloves...She looked a hot mess.... Cock took one look at her and didn't even try to hold back his laughter....

"You are one hot mess...you got my money?" he snapped..

" I got something for ya..whore...it aint money.." she spat as she produced a german luger and fired two shots that hit Cock in his chest, knocking him over into the water...He made a big splash......It was better than a confession...it was more than even I could have hoped for....

"End of the line Alton....you wanna take off that wig??....He was right, you are a hot mess..." I said as I walked out of where I had been hiding. Alton didn't look surprised to see me at all...

Alton took off the wig..he looked even more hideous with his bald head and that nasty red lipstick and those sunglasses....

"You think I didn't know that you was behind this mess Kevin...I came here to
kill you too...I knew you knew it was me when you came by yesterday..you wanted
me to know that you knew...I expected you to try to pull a stunt like this...I read the
papers...I heard how you trapped Jean Cokely...I aint her...I'm smarter than her, I'm better
than her and you're a dead man Kevin.." snapped an enraged Alton.

"Hold up man..before you shoot..just tell me..why did you kill Collette..why man, why?
You told me you loved her..." I pleaded...

"You ever really been in love Kevin? I suspect you haven't..You just think you are.. Have you? Cause if you have, you know that it'll drive you crazy...especially when you can't have her...when everybody seems like they can have a piece of her cept you...when you do everything...when you dedicate your damn life to her and she never gives you recognition...never acknowledges you..walks all over you...Until you know what that feels like..you aint been in love...that's why I killed her...she drove me to that..she made me become this...I killed Jordy, cause I didn't like the son of a bitch...he was a freeby...Satisfied now?,cause you aint never gonna tell nobody about this anyway...time to die Kevin..."

'Drop em Freak..it's all over." said Clerow as he put a nickel plated .45 to Alton's head...Before Alton could do anything else..I had my .45 cocked and pointing at him in the other direction.
To his shock...a very much alive, Cock Robbins (he was wearing an illegal kevlar vest that I gave
him) emerged from the water...wet but thankful for the kevlar vest... Alton realized that the game was over..He just started laughing..he just shook his head and just kept laughing..I wondered what could be so funny at a time like this? Alton had found my house that night because he had been there at Club Escapades...watching...He had killed Collette and had come back to the club...hiding in the shadows..He followed me home..All that time,Sepia and I were going through that SUV...He was there watching us...and he followed us home to see what we knew ,which was nothing then....but when I came by his house talking about a woman killer and saying that I knew who she was...He knew that I was on to him and he knew that I had to go..
He was just killing Cock Robbins to tie up loose ends. I figured he would half way figure out what I was doing, but I also knew that he couldn't resist trying to beat me at my own game.. I played a tough hand and won....again...Didn't know how many more times my intution or my luck woud
hold out...

"I hate to tell you this Alton...but everything you said and did is on tape...audio and video...and with all the other evidence I have...we got a pretty much open and shut case...Drop that peice...
you're going to join Jean Cokely...in the slams man....Oh and by the way...Jordy aint dead...he's
doing just fine. And as I speak..the Police are on their way here..I figured we would have this wrapped up by now." I said triumphantly..

Alton began laughing and shook his head... again he began to laugh and laugh,like a huge burden
had been lifted from him. I suspected that it had..
"That happy bastard...he's like teflon..."He kept on laughing...even as the Police came and took
him away..he just kept laughing...Like I said....He gave me the creeps... I could still hear his laughter..even after he was gone.

Cock, Clerow and I stood there and watched the Police drive off with Alton...Clerow looked at me and said..

"Thanks Kev...I always wanted to say somethin cool like that....drop em freak..it's over. Boyyy,
I love these capers wit you." He said imitating how he had snuck up on Alton.
Cock Robbins and I both looked at Clerow and laughed and laughed.....It had been a good day.

The next day, Jordy and I sat in a diner, munching on Burgers and fries and drinking milk shakes...

"Kev, I wanna thank you for catching that freak, Alton..
You saved my life...Funny man, I never thought you liked
me." said Jordy.

"Who says I do?" I laughed...

"Well anyway, I owe you one...Shame about Collette..I really
liked her..." said Jordy.

'Did you? Did you really?" I asked...

"Well yeah, she was great in bed...I mean...you know..I wasn't tryin to marry her,
nothin deep like that..you know? shrugged Jordy.

"Alton loved her." I said dryly....

"Yeah ,well you see what love does to you, don't ya?" said Jordy...

"Drives you crazy." I said...

"Exactly....." said Jordy

"Yeah...it does..." I laughed, meaning something altogether different than what he did.

(For Kinshar and Dreamy..)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW....Incredible ending...But not much of a surprise..I suspected it was Alton from the beginning. Great story anyway.

Anonymous said...

Whoopeee,I'm First Today.

Anonymous said...

Awwww,I thought I was First..Great
story Keith...I thought the killer
was Alton too...but a cross dresser,
that was a stretch-lololol.

Anonymous said...

A Cross Dressing Ex-Marine is the Killer. Wow ,your imagination knows no bounds...Incredible Read..

Anonymous said...

Great way to wrap it up...I kind of figured it was Alton....Loved the last scene with Kevin and Jordy talking about love..I wish you could have gotten into that conversation a little more.

Anonymous said...

It was a good story..but I at least thought Kevin and Sepia would have made up for lost time by having sex, like they did at the end of the last story they was in. Great story anyway.

Anonymous said...

Great story Keith...I figured it was Alton...Having him be a cross dresser was a twist...Kind of a scary twist...Wanted you to go deeper into why he was like that,how he got like that...maybe in your novel you will.-lololol

Anonymous said...

I was confused when this story first began..I thought Cock Robbins and Alton was in on this together, but then I saw what you were doing..Having Cock set Alton up for Kevin...Nice..Nive the way you didn't identify who was speaking, to throw us off..Me likey.

Anonymous said...

Great Story Keith...even when you made the killer obvious to us, you still tossed in a few things...Loved it all.

Anonymous said...

I knew it was Alton...I knew it!!!
Good post Keith..

Anonymous said...

So Alton was a Cross Dresser huh??
I wasn't surprised..I had him pegged as the killer from the time he first appeared..Good Story Keith. You da man!

Anonymous said...

@Grover- Sure you did-lolololol.

Unknown said...

I like your work. That Alton is somethin' else

The Dreamy One said...

okay I know I am so off and way behind.

so Alton was killing people huh!!!

my slow tail, i was like i wonder who it is,lol

as always great story Kieth. gonna see if i can figure out who the killer is in the next stories!!