Monday, November 10, 2008

The House Sitter


The whole thing was my lawyer, Conrad's fault....I was at home watching the election returns..and happy as hell that Barack Obama won...I was drinking champaigne with this little cutey I met at Josie's Bar the other night named "Cinnamon" . We had some hot wings and some good cole slaw from the deli across the street and were just getting ready to really celebrate when my cell phone went off...I chose to ignore it..(I'm not prone to talkin when I'm entertaing the ladies, you know what I'm sayin?) But then my Blackberry went off. I excused myself and then went to my cell phone.

"Hello..." I answered ,not trying to hide how
aggravated I was."

"Sean...Sean..what's up?" came Conrad's voice.

"I was tryin to find out before you disturbed me."
I answered.

"Oh you have company?"asked Conrad

"Gee, I bet you were at the head of your class
in your school."I said.

"Well I hope you cleaned the place up before
your little cutey came over...wouldn't want
her to find any used condoms on the floor
like the last time." Conrad laughed.

Yes...The last time I" entertained" a young lady at my house...she freaked out because she found an unused condom on the floor near my kitchen sink and pushed me outside of my house in my birthday suit, then locked the door. I am one of maybe three African Americans living in a predominately white gated community...You can imagine what happened next...I got arrested
and I had to call my lawyer, Conrad..to spring me.

"Sean,I just need you to do me a
solid...I'm gonna be out of town
this weekend...and I need you to
watch my house for me...I'll leave
the keys to my Jag there for you
and as you know there is plenty of
food and liquor...just clean up after
you're done...okay?" asked Conrad

'Well sure....I'll be there Friday after
work." I said.

"You're the man homie." Said Conrad

I had watched his house many many times before ,so this was no thing...but it certainly gave me
an idea...a bit of unfinished business that I had to take care of. I work at the same magazine where Kevin Morris, the blogger and part time private eye works...(We kid him about his past two cases.) I'm a staff photographer...I've photographed a few of his features and even downloaded some on his blogs..We are great friends...There is a sexy little account exec named Sheila who works there..(That's the one that got me arrested) I've been trying to get next to her since she started working there...I never really got a chance to apologize to her about the "tell tale condom incident.." I had three days to get her to come over to Conrad's house and spend the weekend with me...I was going to start now..

"You comin to bed daddy
or not?" came Cinnamon's voice.

She had on a white bra with lavender pin stripes and white string bikini panties...She looked luscious, but I was thinking way past her now....but not that far.. I'm no fool.

"Coming baby." I laughed

Conrad was a pretty successful lawyer..We had known each other since I was a kid...He had represented my late Father, A Union rep..and he had kind of taken me under his wing..He didn't
charge me what he charged others (No way I could afford him) His home was incredible...Three
floors, a bath and a shower on two...A jacuzzi on the third floor...Flat Screen Monitors on every floor and in several rooms, all hooked up to cable or a computer...and Satelite radio feeds on every floor ,so you could hear a variety of music from all over the globe. He had a three car garage for all three of his vehicles..and a refrigerator full of food and a cellar full of wine and spirits. The dream bachelor pad. Conrad had a woman....but she didn't live with him...She was a
lawyer to and she lived in New Jersey...My guess is , he was spending the weekend with her. Her
name was Jill.

The next day at work...I had a dozen of white, red, pink and blue roses delivered to Sheila's office, with a perfumed note that said- "I'm sorry, call me or e-mail me....Sean." I knew that after all this time, she might not respond, so I sat back and I waited. I knew that all of the other women in the office would see the flowers and be ouuuing and ahhing and it would only be a matter of time before she had to at least respond. She did...I got a short e-mail that said -"Thanks for the flowers."...Sheila. The next day I stopped by her office with a Blueberry muffin, buttered the way she liked and her coffee, a mocha latte with light sugar..It was then that she engaged me-

"Sean, what do you want..?? Why
all of this attention all of a sudden.?" she asked.

"Now why when a brother is tryin to be nice
has there got to be somethin behind it?" I asked.

"Because I know you and I know how you roll."
she snapped.

"Look, I'm just trying to make it up to you, that's
all...We got off on the wrong foot the last time and
I-"

"You're trying to get me in the bed, that's what you're
doing and this way aint gonna work Sean Jackson."

"You're right Sheila...I am trying to get you in the bed
,because I thought it would have been one of the best
experiences of my life...but you freaked out because
you saw that condom on the floor...well so what? and who
cares? I'm a grown man..there are other women in my life
and you've had other men....I wasn't just sittin around
waiting for you to show up....but I would like for us to start
over again...clean...I'd like you to spend the weekend with
me."

Her mouth gaped wide open...not only was she not expecting me to tell her the truth , but she was not expecting me to be so bold..I could tell that she was floored.

"Sean Jackson, you're a trip, you just come
right out with yours, don't you?" she said

"That's me, straight no chaser" I laughed...

"Okay...against my better judgement
I'm gonna give you another chance..
we gonna start slow, but no funny stuff
and keep your place clean,okay?" she laughed.

"That's just it...We aren't going to my place..
I'm house sitting for my lawyer this weekend,
He has a really nice house out in Jenkintown
and since it's supposed to rain all weekend..
I figured we could watch a few movies, listen
to some music...drink a little wine an-"

"And sex me up, right?" she said.

"You makin this somethin it aint." I said.

"No I aint...and the only reason I'm going
along with this is because I haven't had a
date in six months and I could use the company,
so don't screw this up Sean." she said.

There was a lot of honesty going around today..I didn't expect to hear that...I had better go and get my things ready...this was going to be a heck of a weekend.

(To be continued.........)

Footnote: If you want to read the previous post related to the characters in this story, click here to see "The Tell-Tale Condom".

13 comments:

Somebodies Friend said...

I think I see where you are going with this keith, but I've been wrong every other time.

AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING DISAPPOINTED!

YOU DON'T WANT TO CRUSH A BROTHERS SPIRIT NOW DO YOU?

CAREFUL!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh,I thought I would be first this morning...As usual, great story...and having read "The Telltale Condom" I'm wondering what is going to be on the floor in Conrad's house.-lolol.

Anonymous said...

I hope Sean cleans up that bedroom before he takes old girl there..she
might handcuff him to the bed this time-lololol.

Anonymous said...

Good story..There is just no end to your imagination is there? I want to start my own blog soon...but I can't imagine writing something everyday like you do..and on two blogs at that...wow.

Anonymous said...

Great story Keith, Thanks for including the link to the other story that preceded this. I am loving
both of your blogs.

Anonymous said...

As Smokey Robinson would say-"I second that emotion brother...I'm a fan of both of your blogs...I'm going to try and start my own blog soon..since I read you and The Field Negro...I'm inspired. Great story.

Anonymous said...

Unlike Somebodies Friend, I don't have a clue as to where this is going..but it seems fun to go along for the ride.

Anonymous said...

I see a strong playa move coming here...I hope the brother is successful this time. lolol..Thanks for the link to the other story...That was wildddd!!!!!

Keith said...

@Toni, angie b., sunflower,james, simon, grover,lisa- Thanks for supporting both of my blogs.

@somebodies friend- just bear with me..wait until you see where I'm going with this..I don't think you'll be disapointed.

Anonymous said...

Just gettin over here to your other
blog...wow! that's all I can say.
Can't wait until the next installment.

SLC said...

Jenkintown got my curiosity.
Using google street view I was able to check out some homes on Wellington Terrace. NIIIICCCEEEE!!! Sean better be careful not to get kicked out naked again since this area definitely has neighborhood watch. Guess he's trying to restore the Mojo.

Anonymous said...

you know Keith...Im a little confused...I hope that this story was fictional....cos your profile says that you are happily married. I had to go back and read the profile again to make sure that I had the right person.

Keith said...

@kinshar- everything on this blog is fictional...lololol...