Thursday, November 13, 2008

Need You Bad


Conrad and I stood outside Josie's Bar and waited for Clerow to drive up in his yellow Cooper. He did and with him in the passenger seat was an elderly Black man named Hank Kimble. Hank Kimble was the locksmith. I told Clerow and Hank to follow us out to Conrad's House. As we drove Conrad sat pensively, looking downright frightened. I wasn't used to this Conrad. He was a fearless lawyer in the courtroom, going toe to toe with Prosecutors, District Attorneys and Judges. He looked almost pale.

"So what's up Conrad, what's the deal with this girl?" I asked.

"There is no deal..she's a sex monster." He said..

"What in hell is a sex monster?" I asked ,laughing my head off.

"You don't understand the kind of trouble I am in here Sean....Jill said that if I ever cheated on her , she'd leave me." said Conrad.

"You mean you hit that?" I laughed out loud..."That young girl?? Why Conrad, you're old enough to be her father.." I said still laughing as I drove.

"You don't understand...it wasn't exactly like that Sean....She used to be a para-legal at my firm..I used to get her to take a few of my breifs back and forth to the other attorneys." he said.

"Yeah, I guess you did." I laughed.

"You gonna let me tell the story or are you gonna crack corny jokes?" He said.

"Alright...Alright." I said.

" We would talk...nothing serious, just casual conversation. I took her to lunch a couple of times and gave her some advice on how she might advance her career. Soon ,everyday when I came in, I would have a hot steaming cup of coffee waiting for me like I like from Starbucks and a blueberry muffin, slightly warm, with butter melted in the middle from Delancy Street on my desk. She started coming by more often..wearing very short, I mean short mini skirts....white blouses that you could see through with white lacy bras...and talkin all breathy like Marilyn Monroe..It was all I could do to control myself... Then one day, I was working late...I thought I was in the office alone and I looked up and there she was...With a white trench coat on...She opened it up and she was wearing a White babydoll and a matching white thong, with those thigh
high panty hose and white stilletto heels....Well Sean...I knew what was up then...Wasn't nobody there, nobody would know...so I cleared everything off of my desk and I took her right there in the office on the desk." He said.

"Wow Conrad, you're my hero man...even I aint never done nothing like that." I gasped, still laughing.

"I shouldn't have done it...I know..but I was weak...I drove her out to my house and we spent the entire weekend making love ....we didn't even eat....we stayed in the bed the entire time..I didn't take any calls or anything......but after it was all over..I told her that the sex was nice, but that I was not interested in having a relationship with her...I said that we worked together and that it just wouldn't look right...She said she understood....but that wasn't the end of it...The Coffee and the muffins continued to be delivered...She hacked into my personal e-mail and began sending me hundreds of e-mails saying that she missed me and that she needed me and that I said that I loved her and all this stuff...She sent messages to my Blackberry, My Facebook page
my other cell phone....I never told her that I loved her...she's out of her mind." he said.

"Conrad, you got a Facebook page?" I asked, simply amazed...

"Yeah, yeah, everybody's got em.." He sighed. he then continued his story. "Her behavior got crazier and crazier..She started calling me at my home every night ,begging me to let her come back over...She started sending me countless e-mails with pictures of her in lingerie or just plain nude...and then the text messages , the countless calls on my cell phone and the disapearence of my keys.. I confronted her , told her in no uncertain terms that I didn't want to be involved with her like that, I even told her that I had a woman...but the harrassment continued. Finnally I had to take out a protection order against her. She stopped bothering me for like two months..but
now she's back...If she should find out about Jill or if Jill finds out about her, she'll leave me...and I can't allow that to happen...I've been with Jill almost twenty years..."he said.

Conrad and Jill had met when they were in Law School...Jill was a beautiful woman who looked like she was White....She was the child of a mixed marriage...Her Father was an African American lawyer from North Philadelphia and Her Mother was an Italian from South Philadelphia...A strange match indeed. Conrad and Jill had lived together for six years, then decided it would be better if they had their own places. Conrad always said that he was going to marry Jill, he had just never gotten around to doing it.

We got to the house and Conrad let himself in...We went from room to room, searching and looking, but we found nothing. Then we got to the guest bedroom.

"Ummmm Hmmmm...She's been sleeping in my bed...I knew it." He said.

"Ugghhh Conrad...I think that was me and Sheila...We slept in your bed." I said sheepishly.

"You slept in my bed? You had that big couch out there, what the hell you have to sleep in my bed for..?? I hope you changed the damn sheets?" He said.

"Course I did." I said.

"Your triflin ass probably didn't even wash em did you?" He said.

"All DONE Mistah Young" said Hank Kimble, the locksmith..before I could answer. He had changed all of the locks and had given Conrad a new set of keys.

"Thanks Hank and thank you Clerow for coming out here...Let me arm this electronic alarm system..She won't come in this house again.. I'm gonna grab some clothes...I'm going to Jill's house...Clerow will take you home ."Said Conrad as he packed another bag and got in his Jag...
Just then, his cell phone rang. He looked at me...

"It's her!!! She sent me a text message, read it ." He said.

I looked at his Blackberry...the screen said-

"I need you bad as the air I breathe...
I'm about to go insane..
Oh Conrad ,I can't take this pain...
I need you bad.."

Conrad looked at me-

"She's as crazy as a crack house rat." He said as he hopped in his Jag and sped off down 611.

I got in the car with Clerow and Hank Kimble and as we pulled off...My cell phone rang.

"Hello" I said (It was Sheila)

"Sean, can you come over tonight?" she said.

"Uh yes...I don't see why I can't...what's up?" I said.. I had just spent the entire weekend with her...I didn't expect to be hearing from her this soon.

"I need you bad....real bad.."she said.

"Is this like uh, a booty call?" I asked as Clerow and Hank Kimble smiled to each other, listening to my phone call.

"It can be if that's what you want it to be." She cooed....

"Well, this is a first for me...I'll be over in about an hour and a half.." I said.

"Okay...I'll be waiting.." she said.

I didn't know how serious of trouble Conrad was in....but right now...I wasn't worried about it..it
was his problem ,what I couldn't know then is that soon it would be a deeper problem than either of us realized....


(To be continued........)

15 comments:

Lina said...

Sheila and sex monster are sisters? Wait, no, Ill just wait to read about it. This is getting good.

Keith said...

@lina-Glad you like it-lolol

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that there was a link between Sheila and Bridget too,but I suppose it isn't..I'm like lina..I'm just going to read
this and see where it goes.

Anonymous said...

Keith, you're a mess...This is wild..lolololol...parts of this had me on the floor, screaming..

Anonymous said...

Keith,I love your writing..Your social comentary on "Keith's Space"
and your stories and poems on this
blog...Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

So Conrad's got a "fatal attraction" huh? Sounds pretty scary.

Anonymous said...

If Old girl wasn't so crazy, Conrad could be hittin her and his main woman in Jersey.lolololol.

Anonymous said...

@Grover- Spoken like a true playboy-lololol.

Anonymous said...

@Angie B.- lolololol-Don't hate the playa, hate tha game baby.

Anonymous said...

I'm just floored by this..gotta see
what happens next.

I agree with Angie B.-Parts of this
had me laughing very hard.

Anonymous said...

This was a very funny story Keith
and I caught the nod to Jazmine
Sullivan...The conversation they had about the sheets was priceless.
lmao...but I see something very sinister in the backdrop of this story.

Anonymous said...

Great Post Keith...This is getting very good. Good and scary. having
dealt with a stalker myself, the scary part of this didn't get by me.

Keith said...

You guys get up pretty early in the
morning to read my blogs..Don't think that I don't appreciate it.
I really do. Tomorrow the next part
is coming..it's called "Bust Your
Windows" , the title speaks for itself..Then we are going to take a
break for a much herald celebration and then the story continues.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Heating up!! Better make sure all the bunnies are put away. *lol*

-OG

SLC said...

OG read my mind. I hope Conrad parks his rides in the garage. It's ironic that Sean laughed at Conrad the same way Conrad laughed at him about the telltale condom. Good to have friends.

Ok now go get Kevin the private eye to track this chick down.

SLC