Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cold Trails

2008 Lexus SUV

Woke up the next morning and made pancakes, sausage and orange juice.. had a pot of coffee brewing....Sepia came downstairs....

"Smells good..."

"You look good girl, come here.."

"Kevin, I haven't brushed my teeth yet and besides..I'm really worried about Collette now..she would never do something like this."She said...

I was concerned myself...I decided that after I ate..I was going to get a few of my questions answered from the night before.

I got in my car after breakfast and drove around to Cock Robbins's house. He was washing his car and fortunately for me, his wife Vanessa wasn't around...so we could talk in private.

"Yeah man, I knew Collette...She danced at Coldhouse for awhile....
I used to deal with her..but not anymore..she was way in my past
man, before Sepia and her mom, before Opal....She could have easily
have been on Jean Cokley's hit list..but you busted that up before they
got to her." said Cock.

"Did you know her boyfriend, Alton?" I asked.

"Yeah..Ex-Marine...real intense...a square guy..
he wanted to marry Collette...but she wasn't that
type of girl...she liked flashy, bullshit talkin type
guys." said Cock.

"Like you huh?" I said.

Cock sighed.."Yeah,like me..."

"You think Alton is a stalker?" I said.

"Nah, not him...he wouldn't hurt a fly...but
he is very very into her..." said Cock.

"She called you around 1:00am this morning." I said.

"Yeah, I saw the missed call...I was , let's just say,occupied." said Cock.

Wish I had been occupied....It was obvious that there was nothing to be learned here..I was satisfied that Cock hadn't seen her and that he had nothing to do with this..So I left...still,I wondered why she called him..She knew that he was married.

I drove up to Club Escapades and who did I see walking down the street, in the same clothes he had on the night before but Jordy.....I drove up on the pavement and cut him off...and then I jumped out of the car and grabbed his arm and pushed him up against the wall...

"Hi Jordy...what? no hello?" I said.

"Sayyyy, heyy man, what gives with the rough stuff." said Jordy.

"I figure right about now, you feelin a breeze...I got a pair of boxer shorts..with your name on them...wanna tell me what you did with the girl?" I said.

"Man ,I came back here lookin for them draws man...they was silk...very expensive, I can't believe I put my clothes back on and left them." He said.

"So you admit they are yours?" I said.

"Hell yeah....man, we had a high time in here..she's a hot mami..whoooo that girl can ride a -"

"Where is she Jordy?" I asked..

"Where is who? The babe? Thas what I want to know...Man, I brought her out here to her car and tore her up..man that was some of the best sex of my life..she is somethin else.." said Jordy.

"Where IS SHE JORDY?" I asked again, getting annoyed.

"Man, I don't know..she was still in the car when I left her..somebody kept calling her cell phone the whole time we was doing the do, you know what I'm sayin..what a freak...I must've came about four or five times..." said Jordy..

"So she was still in the car when you left?" I said.

"Yeah man...that's what I said....She was making a call...." he said.

So if Cock doesn't know why she called him at 1:03 am, the last known call she made and Jordy,the last man to see her didn't know where she was....I was left where I was at this time
a day before...nowhere! The trail was cold.

I got in my car and drove home...Sepia was still in her night gown....

"So?" she asked..

"So nothing....I found Jordy, and besides wanting his drawers back, he says he doesn't know where she is..Apparently she was still in the car on the phone when he left her."

"You think Alton has something to do with this?" She asked.

" Well, he's the only one I haven't talked to...and the wild card in this mess....He was the one calling her during the hour when she and Jordy were filling that SUV with their bodily fluids."
I said.

Sepia walked up the stairs...

"Where are you going?" I asked...

"To shower and get dressed." she said..

"You going somewhere?" I asked...

"I know where Alton might be....when I get dressed, we'll take my car..
he knows me..he trusts me." She said.

Just then the doorbell rang.....It was Alton!!!

"You don't know me...My name is Alton Redding."He said

"And let me guess..You're looking for Collette?" I said.

"Yeah, she was with you guys last night..I just need to talk
to her.' he said, nearly in tears."

"I'd like to help you man, but I don't know where she is." I said.

"Well here is my phone number at home and my cell phone number,
if you see her, give her these..tell her to call me." he said.

I took his number...I motioned for him to wait..I ran upstairs to get
Sepia..but when I turned around...Alton was gone!!!

(To be continued....)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trail is indeed cold, but I know Kevin will heat it up again..He always does

Anonymous said...

This time, I think Collette is dead..and I think loverboy Jordy knows more than he's letting on.

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree , I think the
girl is dead, but why? I am waiting on an explanation.lol.

Anonymous said...

It's not Jordy...Everybody always hates on da playa..Hate the game,
not the playa.

Anonymous said...

LMAO@ GROVER THA PLAYBOY...

I do think Jordy knows more than he's telling.

Anonymous said...

Another Great entry Keith...As usual, great set up...waiting patiently for the pay off.

Anonymous said...

I think Collette is dead...I also think her stalker ex boyfriend knows more than he's tellin too..
I got your back Grover-lolololol.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to make any speculations just yet..I'm going to
wait and learn a little more first.

Keith said...

@Lisa- Spoken like a true detective

Anonymous said...

@lololo-Thanks for havin my back Toni.

Somebodies Friend said...

I'm with Lisa on this one, there isn't enough to go on yet.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Anonymous said...

Wow Keith, Just finding out you have a second blog...So you write
Poetry and Short Stories too I see..I like this blog...I guess you write too much for one blog huh?
I am just loving this...I will make sure to return to this blog
as well as "Keith's Space"

Keith said...

@Halo-Well Thanks for visiting my blogs..glad you like them...and by all means, don't be a stranger.

Anonymous said...

Will there be any sex in this story
at all?