Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Let Nothing You Dismay


"You have got to go to the police...tell them what you saw..What's wrong with you Jordy?" I asked him.

"I know Kevin, but you know how I feel about runnin to the cops about
something.." protested Jordy.

"Jordy...Jordy...you're an Investment Banker ,who lives in a condo...not Avon Barksdale or Stringer Bell from the Wire...what are you talking about? A girl is dead and you were the last person to see her alive, except for the people who killed them...one of whom you saw...so you should be talkin to the cops..not me..
I'm no detective man...I'm just a blogger and a writer." I said.

"Yeah Kevin, but you outsmarted Jean Cokely and you solved the Singing Blogger case and you tripped up Alton....man, if anybody can match wits with these two killers , it's you dog." said Jordy.

" How do you know it's two killers?" I asked.

"Somebody was driving the car that dude pushed the girl into." said Jordy.

"So? Maybe that person dropped them off someplace.. they didn't have to be involved." I said.

"Yeah but people talkin bout it being two people...a man and a woman.."
he interrupted.

"Talkin aint knowin....We goin to the cops..Where is Honey Brown?? she fought
the man's wife , when we were in Baltimore...From what I heard ,she got in some good licks before she got clocked. Must be one tough broad..aint many broads can hang with Honey Brown like that." I laughed.

"In Baltimore?? When yall went to that Roadhouse??? So you seen em both too,
right?" asked Jordy.

" No...I only saw the Waiter...I never saw the wife...but Gus did..besides Honey
Brown, he's the only other person that saw them both.The rest of us were either on the bus or in the roadhouse." I said.

"So what do I do Kevin?" said Jordy...

"You deaf Jordy? Get in my car...we are going to talk to the Cheif of Detectives
downtown.I know him." I said.

We drove downtown to the office of the Cheif of Detectives.. A Huge robust man
who was very well dressed with a carnation on his lapel, who went by the name of Lieutenant Jake McConnell greeted us. He said that he wore the carnation to drown out the smell of rotting flesh or decomposing bodies...the smell of death.

"Well ,well if it isn't the hero blogger, Kevin Morris..To what do I owe the pleasure?" he said as he saw the two of us approaching his office.

"Jake, This is my friend, Jordy..He thinks he saw your dead girl the night
she disapeared." I said.

"Which Dead girl,because we found another dead girl last night
in a hotel room..beaten to a pulp." He said.

"The one they say was seen dancing at Josie's Bar." I said.

"Oh her.. alright, come in my office and shut the door " said Jake as Jordy and I walked in and sat down.

"You say you saw this girl? Her name was Jean..Jean Terrell" said Jake.

Jordy looked at me as if he needed my permission to talk and I glared at him the way my father used to glare at me and my brother when we'd done or said something wrong.

"Well Mr. McConnell..." he said.

"Call me Jake."

"I didn't know her, I'd seen her in Josie's a couple of times. I saw her with
this guy..a guy who had been arguing with my friend earlier..and they were outside ,you know, makin out and he got a little rough...she looked like she was fighting him off and the next thing I know...a Black Charger drove up and it looked like this guy pushed her into the car." said Jordy.

"A Black Charger? Did you say a Black Charger???" said Jake.

"Yeah, see I know it was a Charger, cause I got my eye on buyin me one and-"

"That matches the car we found today and a report we got from Miami PD to be on the lookout for a man and a woman. They are suspects in the murder of a girl in Miami and that car they were driving in belongs to the girl they are suspected of killing. It also matches the description of a car near the scene of another murder in Baltimore... You said that this man was arguing with your friend...You think your friend might know his name?" asked Jake.

"She might.." I said.

"Your friend got a name?" asked Jake.

"Yeah, Honey Brown!" blurted out Jordy. I wasn't going to give out her name so soon, because like Jordy, she might not want to talk to the police...but it was out, so I told Jake that I would bring her in.

Finding Honey Brown wasn't hard...She was where she always was..In Josie's Bar and grill, talking to Gus.. I told both of them that Jordy was giving the police a statement and that it would be good for both of them to tell the police what they knew. To my surprise..they both agreed. I drove them to the Police station.

Gus ,who had seen both the waiter and his wife gave the police a very vivid description of both of them...The sketch artist was good. Thanks to Gus's description, The police had a more than accurate sketch of both the Waiter and his wife. Honey Brown talked about William "Willie" Parmenter and his wife,
Lola Mae Parmenter, their breif dalliance, the fight and everything..and now names could be attached to the faceless couple who had ditched the car and seemingly vanished into thin air, leaving at least four young girls dead.

Jake thanked all of us and said that he would pass this information on to the Major Crimes Unit and The FBI.

Later that night in Josie's Bar The three of us sat at the bar having beers and talking-

"Just think..I might have been one of they victims if I hadn't of beat that
heifer's ass." said Honey Brown.

"Is that the way you saw it? Cause it looked to me like she gave as good as she got." said Gus, not cracking a smile.

"Man, that was crazy....how could they do something like that?" asked Jordy.

"Cause they crazy." retorted Honey Brown.

"Or just plain evil" I said as I drank my beer.

"Yeah well now the Police can go and get em, lock they crazy asses up." said
Jordy.

"I don't think so....They have no proof, no eyewitnesses of them doing anything and now they don't even have the car..Those two could be anywhere right now.
This aint over." I said... "This aint over by a long shot." I said feeling a sudden chill in my spine.


(To Be Continued.........soon...)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the title, Loved the story.

Anonymous said...

You are like ,Super Blogger..You post nearly everyday on both of these blogs...Most people I read have only one blog and I'm lucky if they post three times a week.

Good Story!

Anonymous said...

Keith, I loved this..but you said that Kevin isn't going to crack this case? I really wish he was.

Anonymous said...

Who is going to crack this case?
Jordy?? You gotta be kidding!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the build up brother,I hope the pay off is just as good.

Anonymous said...

I love this story Keith, but it looks like these two are as good as caught..but knowing you, there is more to the story than this.

Anonymous said...

This looks like it's about to get deep..I aint makin no predictions,
I'm just gonna wait and see what happens.

Anonymous said...

I'm just enjoying the ride...

Anonymous said...

It was nice to see Kevin involved in this..I can't see him not getting involved in this...Like Jordy said..This is right up his alley.

Anonymous said...

I don't Kevin will get involved past what he did in this story because you have to remember..He got involved in the other cases based on his personal interests..Sepia, a favor for Cock Robbins, Sepia's girlfriend..He has no stake in this what so ever,since none of his friends have been harmed..I can't see him being involved in this..This is just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I want a closer look at the two killers..We've only seen them in "The Waiter's Wife" We don't know too much about them other than that.

Keith said...

@James-Thanks for the love
@Tate2- "Super Blogger???" I wouldn't say all of that.
@Toni- Sorry,that's the only time you're going to see Kevin in this
story
@Angie B-No Hun, Jordy isn't going to "crack" this case.
@Sunflower- You're the most accurate of everybody..Stay out of my head-lolol
@Vanessa- A better look at these two is just what I had in mind.

Thanks to my friends who read both of my blogs everyday..I really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

As usual an entertaining Story...
I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Anonymous said...

Great story Keith..Good to see Kevin weighing in..These two look like they are close to being caught
now that the police know who they are.

Somebodies Friend said...

I can't wait for the 'rest of the story' Keith.

Another good caper my friend.