Saturday, February 6, 2010

Awhile


You've been wanting a ring on your finger
for awhile now...
but you've been with all of the wrong guys
for awhile now../

but baby girl, here I am..
knocking on your door
and you know I've been here for you
a time or two before..
give me your finger and let this moment linger./

Now I know you were with that guy
and you just don't know how many times..
I used to scratch my head and wonder why
I knew he was no good for you
but that's water under the bridge,
so why don't you give me a try??/

because love,
here I am...
with my heart in my hand...
knocking on your bedroom door..
and in my mind, I've been here a time
or two before..
give me your finger and let this moment linger../

I tried to tell you what was on my mind..
do you remember the time?
At the subway station about three months ago?/

I guess you didn't take me seriously
but I've bided my time
I've decided to take it slow../

You've been wanting a ring on your finger
for awhile now...
and I've been wanting to put one on it for awhile now.
and lady, I'm a reborn man
coming to you strong with my heart in my hand...
just give me your finger and let THESE feelings
linger./

9 comments:

Brenda said...

WOW,That's a big rock!

Cheryl said...

That's some ring!

Toni said...

Nice Poem Keith!

Lisa said...

That's what's up

Angie B. said...

Nice!

Vanessa said...

Nice poem Keith,Nice Rock!

Halo said...

This was sweet!

Sunflower said...

Great Poem!

Samuel Bastion said...

I must say,I enjoyed the lyricism in this poem!