Saturday, February 13, 2010

Flipped


Just when I imagined, we'd hit our stride
You flipped the script on me
you blew my mind.../

I guess the talk on the street has got to be true..
you flipped the script on me
you've gone and found you someone new../

Well I need to know
If I should hang around baby
or if I should go
but don't try to play me or waste my time
by even suggesting that you could entertain
the idea of being a friend of mine.../

Girl, really thought everything was going to be fine
you flipped the script on me
you blew my mind../

And if you knew all along that you were going to go
why couldn't I hear it from you?
Why did I have to be the last to know?/

I think I know what I need to know
That it's time..it's time to let you go..
and while you continue..
continue to play your game.
I just want you to know that I'm not goin out
that way.../

There is one thing I know to be true..
that one day the same thing will happen to you...
and what will you do?
when someone flips the script on you?/

Then you'll see what it's like to be the talk of the town..
when you find that what goes around,
surely comes around./

13 comments:

Sean said...

Incredible writing...I've been enjoying these poems all week..Just haven't been commenting.
I'm jonesin for a story right about now...I know you probably have several cooking...Can't wait.

Swaggie said...

I can relate to this one Keith, Good work!

Tate 2 said...

Usually these love poems appeal to the ladies..but I think this one was for the fellas.

Samuel Bastion said...

Very Lyrical...Very Song like..I thouroughy enjoyed this.

Angie B. said...

Good one!

Lisa said...

Nice!

Halo said...

A nice peon to betrayal and heartbreak...Loved it Keith!

Vanessa said...

I lived this...going the other way.
Liked this poem and the photos.

Sunflower said...

Love how you're showing the dimensions and the beauty of Black love both in these poems and on this blog in general.

Toni said...

I co-sign on what Sunflower said Keith...You're doing a great job on both of your blogs...but this one is my favorite I have to say.

Cheryl said...

Nice poem and photo Keith!

Brenda said...

This "10 Days of Love" series is very good...I hope you do this again.

James Perkins said...

Nice Poem!