Thursday, February 18, 2010

Clocked and Daggers


"Kool Kat" finnally walked out of the hospital about six weeks later...Fathead Newton through a big party for him at Ciros...Chess, Chris Thompson, Ralph Mole, Donald "Smooth",Roscoe and most of Fathead's associates were all there...I was there too with Clerow...We drank and laughed and acted a fool well past the midnight hour.

Kool Kat was there with a girl...She was what you might call big boned...Very thick, yet shapely and with a very pretty face.. She was wearing a Black form fitting turtle kneck sweater and she was sitting on his lap...Kool Kat's tongue was practically down her throat most of the night and the way she was gyrating on his lap, it gave the appearence that she was giving him a lap dance right there in Ciros..

Nobody I knew seemed to know who this woman was. Kool Kat had certainly never mentioned a woman before..but there she was. I walked over near a wall, close to where they were sitting and
listened to what they were saying in between kisses....

"Baby, I tried to get to the hospital to see you. I swear I did...but you know that I'm taking care of my sick auntie." she said.

"You couldn't call?" he asked..

"Awww now don't act like that....Let's get out of here and go back to my place...Momma is gonna
take care of you real good." she said.

"Take care of me huh? Allllright..you know I like to hear that kind of talk." he said.

"By the way...What did you do with all of that cash? Them two guys was tryin to rob you wasn't they?" she asked.

"How did you know it was two guys?" He asked.

"You-You-You told me sugar." she said.

"No I didn't..I just said I was shot." he said...

'Awww, let's not talk about it baby..ummmmmmph....ouuuuu, ohhhhhhhhhh..."

"Come on girl, let's get out of here." He said.

He bid goodnight to Fathead and everybody and then he tossed me his keys...

"Kev, drive my car back to my place...I'm going in her car." He said.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"Oh this is Beverly.....Bev..meet Kevin...an old friend of mine." he said.

Beverly didn't even nod..She hustled Kool Kat out to her car and they pulled off. I told Clerow to follow me in his car..I would be driving Kool Kat's car.

We followed them some 10 blocks away to some housing projects. I parked the car at the corner
and Clerow parked down the street. I walked over to the unit where they were.

"Ohhhhhh papa, put it on meeeee..ohhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

"Ummmmmmmmphhh, ooohhh,ahhhhhhhhhhh, gurl that feels so good....ouuuuuuuu.."

It was quite obvious they were having sex...Loud noisy sex...The bed was rocking uncontrollably,
ramming up against the wall and both Kool Kat and Beverly were making so much noise that the
neighbors had come outside...

"Damn, who she got in there now?? That man she had in there last week was quieter than this one." said an elderly woman who was puffing a cigarette. Something I would keep in mind. This broad was two timing Kool Kat.

"Hey Boss?" said Clerow.

"What?" I asked.

'We got company." he said quietly.

Three men, Three dangerous looking men had walked into the courtyard and had sat on one of the benches..One guy had a pipe and another guy had a huge butcher knife. Around here that type of thing didn't look strange at all. Certainly, no one was going to think of calling the police.
The third man didn't appear to have a weapon, he seemed to be running things...giving out instructions. I motioned to Clerow to come on and to quietly walk out of the area of sight.

We left the courtyard and walked across the street and sat on the steps...We appeared to be talking. Soon the crowd dispersed too...How long could you listen to wild sex? After about an hour Kool Kat emerged from the projects...Beverly came to the door butt naked and said-

"Baby,don't keep my car out long."

''I won't...I'm just going home and get a change of clothes...I'm coming back." he said.

He walked down the little walkway, whistling. One of the men, the biggest one began walking behind him....He took his pipe and brought it down hard on Kool Kat's head...then he hit him in the knee cap...As Kool Kat fell to the ground, he hit him again in the side... The second man pulled out a knife and headed toward Kool Kat....

My .45 roared into the night air...Two slugs hit the man with the pipe and dropped him where he stood... The guy with the knife turned around and lunged at me...My .45 roared again.. and he grabbed his chest and fell into the bushes... The Third man was going for his gun, When Clerow dropped him with his .38 smokeless....

By that time , Kool Kat had miraculously gotten to his feet and was brushing himself off... He saw me and Clerow in the shadows...

"Damn man...thanks for having my back Kevin....but you better get outta here..Cops will be comin soon..." he said.

"You better come with me...that babe aint righteous...I think she set you up." I said.

"Nah man..not her...go on get outta here..I'll clean up this mess." he said. Clerow and I got in the cars and pulled off.

The next day...There was nothing about the shootings in the paper. I went to the diner to have
breakfast and I saw Chess and Chris Thompson. I walked over to where they were sitting and joined them. We were all eating Pancakes and Sausages.

''What's good Kevin?" asked Chess in between bites...

"Everything and nothing" I said as I sipped a tumbler of Hot Coffee and cut a peice of pancake.

"Yeah,I know that's right." added Chris.

"Say, listen...what do you guys know about an old playa named Ernie Lubbers? Does he still have
connections here in Philly?" I asked.

"Ernie Lubbers? He aint got no connectons nowhere." said Chess with a laugh.

"Out the game huh?" I laughed.

"I'll say he is Kevin..He's been dead for about six years." said Chris.

"Dead?"I said.

''Yeah man..He got shot up in New York." said Chess.

"Wow." I said and continued eating. After I left the diner, I was determined to find Kool Kat and
get him out of town...There had been two attempts on his life and the main suspect was dead...Somebody wanted him dead and I had to find out who and why...Somehow, I didn't think Kool Kat's recent good fortune had anything to do with it.

(To Be Continued....)

6 comments:

Sean said...

This guy Kool Kat is something else..Can he be killed? He is surviving everything...Who would want to try and hit him?lolol

Brenda said...

I think I can figure out who is trying to kill him and why...
It's obvious it's Beverly.

Swaggie said...

Great storyline so far...How do you come up with this stuff?

Tate 2 said...

Kool Kat has got to be the luckiest guy still alive-lolol.

Sunflower said...

Bring the mayhem....As only you can!lolol

Jazzy said...

Crazy title Fam!