Friday, November 1, 2013

Long Tall Sally

Charles Dance sat in the "fishbowl"...He looked disgusted...He had every reason to be....Sissy ,Carlotta,Sirena, Hop , Duke , Tyriq and Jimmy stood outside and watched....This time...I was going in the fishbowl , with Angie as my second...

He saw the two of us coming in and he looked a bit surprised...
"Hello Mr. Dance...." I said.

He didn't smile at all, he just frowned and looked at the both of us....

"You're in a lot of trouble Mr. Dance" I continued... "You've seen and heard the evidence we have on you...Kidnapping....Conspiracy to commit murder, Murder one....This will make your third time going down Mr. Dance and I promise you...It will be your last...If you don't get a needle...You'll never see the light of day again...."I said..

All the while Angie said nothing...She stared daggers at him though....

"Look man...I didn't kill nobody...Can't, Can't, Can't we work something out?" he asked..

"What can we work out?" I asked..

"I can give you the whole story....." he said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

" Give me 5-10 in a Federal prison and I'll give you who you want....A dirty cop who masterminded this whole thing..." he said.

"Sounds good....What do you know?" I asked...

"Turk..DeAndre Gentry was my partner...we were moving a lot of weight...Here in Philly, New York, Jersey,Deleware and Maryland...We got busted in a sting by this Narcotics Detective...Timothy DeLorca...
Next thing you know..We are both released for "Lack of evidence" He had us cold...He started shaking Turk down...We paid him to stay out of jail......Turk didn't want to play ball...I used to tell him...Turk look...that's the price of doing business...You Duke a cop a couple of bucks and a judge or two and you go about your business.....But see...He didn't want to play ball..He was talking about going toyou ,ironically enough and puttin this dirty cop on blast..."

"I told him...Look.....You do that and you'll be tellin on yourself..I said...Look, we got a good thing goin...Just cool it...But he wouldn't let up.....To make matters work..The cop,DeLorca was under investigation anyway.... Your friend over there was leanin on him tough..I told Turk...be cool and this cop might be out of your way anyway...He still wouldn't buy it."

"I went to Delorca and told him myself...We stood to lose too much money."  he said.

Finally, Angie spoke...

"You had to know what was going to happen to your friend once you told." she said.

"I didn't think he'd kill him...We are talkin about a Detective after all....Delorca went crazy when he heard that....He came up with this plan to solve both of his problems...He had Vinnie and Curly to purchase the drugs they needed from this pharmecutical company right down the street from the bar...They killed Turk...They put the muscle relaxer in his beer and then they injected him with the other drug that stopped his heart...They wrapped him up in a bag and put his body in the freezer in the basement....He called his girlfriend, Sally and asked her if she could call you and get you to hang out with her at the bar....Up to that point, she didn't really know what was going on...

But she found out...Timmy called her and told her his plan...They quarelled , She told him that if they hurt you ,she was going to go to Homicide....He finally said that he wasn't going to hurt you, just frame you...He argued that Detective Belton had enough friends in Homicide that she might even beat the charge, but that it would never come back on him, Curly and Vinnie...So Finally Sally went for it...While I distracted Detective Belton...Curly and Vinnie laced her drink with a ruthie...Once she was out...Curly and I took her to her car...
We purposely put her on the passenger side so that you guys would figure out that somebody brought her there...Give her a chance to clear her name...Then we put Turks body in the trunk and drove her out to Little Norway....I called Detective Barlow and told him where to find her..."
he said.

I looked at him...

"That's it? I asked.

"That's it...the whole thing was Timmy's idea... I just transported her...I didn't kill nobody...Vinnie and Curly are your killers....They were moving dope for Delorca out of that bar...Sally had little to nothing to do with it...She wasn't supposed to follow me out there ,but she wanted to make sure that I didn't hurt Detective Belton..." he said...

"You'll testify to that?" I asked.

"Absolutely...We got a deal?" he asked.

"You'll do 5-10 years in a Federal Prison out of state with a new identity....That's the best I can offer."I said.

II-


Vinnie Culligan and Curly Brunner were both charged with first degree murder, convicted and sentenced to 25 years to Life each... Neither one would roll on Timothy Delorca...They were afraid of him...

Sissy and Angie sat in the fishbowl with Detective Sally Conroy....

"Sally...I've got good news and bad news...What do you want to hear first?" said Sissy...

Sally sighed..."Give me the good news..." she said.

"The good news is we aren't charging you with anything...You're free to go ." said Sissy...

''The bad news?" asked Sally...

"You're giving up that gold shield... As of now...You're a patrolman.....and you'll be working in Evidence control in the basement.." said Sissy..

"You can't do this.!!!..I've been a detective so long....I can't remember when I wasn't..." she said.

"It could have been worse for you." said Sissy..

Angie just shook her head...

''I thought you were my friend." she said.

"I was Ange...I am...I tried to protect you....I swear...You know how it is when you finally find a man....You and me used to talk about how lonely we were, how we needed a man...I'm not gettin any younger...Timmy was my last shot...I was tryin to keep him happy....I never meant for you to get hurt." she said sobbing..."

"Yeah, well I did...Goodbye Sally.."said Angie and She and Sissy exited the fishbowl...

III-

Timothy Delorca was arresting a young drug dealer, when My SUV drove up.... Detective James "Jimmy" Barlow and my wife, Detective Carlotta Rodriguez -Wallace walked over to him..They had two uniformed police officers with them.

''Hey Detective Delorca" said Carlotta...

"Heyy Tim." said Jimmy...

"What's up guys?" he said.

Carlotta used her keys and unhandcuffed the drug suspect....

"Consider this your get out of jail free day...Run along." she said.

He looked at her and smiled..

"Seriously?" he said.

''Seriously."said Carlotta..

The young suspect wasted no time running down the street and getting out of sight.

"Hey, what are you doin?  I was arresting him." he said. The two police officers drew their weapons on Tim Delorca...

"Heyyyyyyyyy...What is this?" he protested...

Carlotta lifted his gun from him and patted him down and took his throwdown pistol... Jimmy handcuffed him..

"You're under arrest Tim...Murder one." said Jimmy....

To his astonishment, Detective Angela Belton, Lt.Sissy Van Buren and I got out of the van...

"Told you I'd get you, you rat." sneered Angie...

"I liked you better when you was Homicide, before you made a career out of jacking up cops." he sneered .

"I don't jack up all cops...Just bad ones." said Angie...

Carlotta passed Sissy both of his guns...Sissy took his badge...She looked at him with disgust...

"You got nothin...Nobody is going to take the word of a drug dealing scumbag over a decorated Detective." he snarled.

"You know...you're right...but they'll take the word of a cop." I said.


"A cop? What are you talking about?" he said.

"Your girlfriend, Detective Sally Conroy gave you up...She didn't think you were worth her losing her gold shield over." said Angie...

Timothy stomped his foot.....

"What a needy bitch." he spat...

Two uniformed policemen took Timothy away...

"You got him." I said.

"Yeah..." said Angie...

"You think you'll ever forgive Sally?" asked Carlotta...

"Maybe...but it'll take a very long time." she said.

"She's lucky she's not in jail and still a detective..."I said.

"I knew if I threatened her badge , she'd give up the entire story and fill in the missing pieces..." said Sissy..
"Sissy, you're one smart cop." I said.

"That's why they call me the Boss Lady" she joked...

Carlotta,Angie,Jimmy and I burst into laughter...






EPILOUGE:

Timothy Delorca was convicted of Conspiracy to commit murder and kidnapping and sentenced to 25 years to life.....

Charles Dance is serving a 5-10 year sentence in an out of state federal prison under an assumed name...

Detective Sally Conroy no longer works in Narcotics...She's still a Detective ,but she works Auto Theft.



Carlotta and I enjoyed a rare night out alone in a wine bar.....

"It's so nice to finally be alone huh?" I said.

"Yes...What a week we've had..." she said...

''Everybody is chilling tonight...Duke and Hazel are at Aqua Bar...Tyriq and Sirena are home with their kids..,Sharon and Hop went to Penns Landing and Sissy and Eddie C. are relaxing at her place." I said.

''Where are Jimmy and Angie?"asked Carlotta..

"Probably screwing each other's brains out." I laughed..



Carlotta rubbed my shoulder...

"You know papi...That is not such a bad idea..." she said and winked...


I smiled....

"Check please!" I said.




4 comments:

Brenda said...

Good story all around!

Sunflower said...

Loved It!

Toni said...

Nice Ending.....It was good that that detective didn't get charged or lose her shield..I never thought she had that much involvement..

Angie B. said...

Loved this story...