Wednesday, November 6, 2013

You Looked Like Hope



Olivia looked up at me from the bed....

"Donnie Ray?   Why are you here?" she asked.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Why are you in Philly? Why are you thinkin about moving here? You could have moved anywhere " she asked.

''You" I said without hesitation...

She looked at me funny, then she smiled...

"Me?" she asked.

"I was miserable in New Orleans around the time I met you...With all the corruption and the aftermath of Katrina...I lost my house...I was renting a house when I met you...I knew I needed a change....When I met you....I realized that at last I had an idea and a direction to go in.At last I had hope!" I said.

"Hope? ,Me? ,But you don't know me, you don't know anything about me...I was just a lonely, drunk and horny tourist....You were just a one night stand...I never expected to ever see or hear from you again. You don't realize how fortunate you were that night...I've never done that before with a perfect stranger...You caught me at the right time." she said.

"But you did hear from me again...and you have seen me again.." I said.

"How do you know I don't have a boyfriend or a husband??? Because I told you I didn't in New Orleans?" she asked.

"You don't though." I said.

"You don't know that." she said.

"You're not married now...You're divorced.. You were married for two years  and then divorced...If you had a man, you sure didn't act like it tonight...HERE IN PHILLY!" I said.

"I forgot...You're a detective...You checked." she said.

"Yes...I checked..I know all about you...Educated in the public schools of Philadelphia...Bachelor and Masters from Temple University....J.D. from Penn Law...Your Mother, now deceased was married twice...First to James West....She had a son, James West Jr... Your half brother, Beverly's Father....He's 12 years older than you...Your mom divorced James West Sr. and married Alvin Bennett, also deceased...Your dad.... Jimmy West Jr., your half brother had a daughter, young Beverly, your niece ..when you were 8 or 9 years old...Your mother and later you helped him raise Beverly...You and your niece ,who is also an attorney are as close as sisters, which most people think you are when they meet you." I said.


Olivia smiled...she shook her head...

"WOW! You ARE good.....You ran a make on me...You really must be interested in me if you went to all of that trouble." she said.

"I had to know if it was worth me moving here."I said.

"You still don't know if it is..." she said.

I shook my head...

"No...I don't...I'm taking a big gamble..."I said.


"You know my life story just about...I know nothing about you." she said.

"I graduated High School in New Orleans...went to community college there for two years...and then the police academy...Worked my way up to Detective....My mom is like yours deceased...My dad is in places unknown...I have a sister...She and her husband and her two children live in Monroe,Louisiana...I have no wife, I have no babies...I've been engaged twice and both ended before we got down the aisle because of my job..."I said.

"Wow...sorry." said Olivia..

"I didn't have anything going for me in New Orleans....I needed a change of scenary....When I met you...I felt like I'd met a kindred spirit...Like you were lookin for a reason to stay here,Like you were looking for home..Like me. You looked like Hope"I said.

She smiled...

''Come here...Come to mama."she said seductively...

Olivia motioned for me to come over to the bed...She took my shirt off....She kissed me,long,slow and hard....

I slipped my trousers off and climbed back in the bed with her...

We continued deep throat kissing....I slipped her panties down and rolled over on top of her....

She moaned softly as I slowly, yet deliberately moved inside of her and out of her....We continued to kiss long and slowly and make slow, easy , yet sweet love..
I kissed her neck and behind her ears....She kissed my chest...I entered her slowly again...In and out...softly, steadily...slow sweet lovemaking...

"Ummmmph...." I moaned..She made me feel as if I was close to exploding and yet she could ease up just enough to keep me from doing so...I had had a few women in my time, but never anybody like this...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  OH MY GOOODNESSS...OUUUUUUU HOOOOO HOOO
HOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! OUUUUUUUUU DONNIE RAYYYYY!" she moaned loudly,

The bed just squeaking out of control..



She was on top, riding me, ...I cupped her buttocks and moved her up and down....We kept at it just like this for the next FIVE OR SIX HOURS...I sat up and began kissing her deeply,slower...
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Donnie Ray....Donnie Ray, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my God.....this feels so good."she cooed...

The bed rocked from side to side....

It did indeed feel good....We both held each other and came together violently...shaking and holding on to each other...I saw tears stream down Olivia's face as she climaxed....



"Was it worth me coming here?" I asked softly...

''Yes...Yes it was...I'm glad you're here...I haven't been in any kind of relationship in three years...My niece was right...All I've been doing is working and chasing a dollar..You look like hope to me too." she said softly...



I kissed her...slowly,seductively,softly....

She moaned...and more tears ran down the side of her face..

II-

The next morning,I rode to the diner with Olivia...A soft rain had started...

Olivia smiled as she parked her car....




"How come it always rains after we make love?" she asked.

"Huh?" I asked...

"In New Orleans...the morning after we first made love it rained...and now a year later in Philly,it's raining again..." she mused...

"I don't know...I guess we are so hot together...mother nature has to cool things off." I laughed..



"Oh, is that it huh?" she laughed...

I laughed myself...

She looked at me...




"Donnie Ray, we don't really know each other." she said.

"Getting to know you will be half the fun.." I said.

"Half the fun of what?" she asked.

"Of you getting to know me." I said.

"You're pretty presumptious mister...How do you even know I want to get to know you?" she asked...

I was silent....

She playfully punched my arm...

"I do...I do want to get to know you...Even though we went about it backwards.....I'm supposed to know you first before I go to bed with you." she said.

"Well, we got that out of the way...The rest should be a cinch." I said.

''So what are we?...Are you like my boyfriend now?"she asked.

"Yeah...somethin like that." I said.

''Why don't we start off slow huh?  Let's just say we have an er,uhhhh, special friendship for now...See where that goes?" she said.



"Olivia...I would like to believe I'm a little more than a buddy or a friend ...Especially after what we did last night and early this morning.."




''Hmmmmm, what did you guys do last night?"asked Olivia's neice, Beverly West who was walking up to the diner just as we were..

"Nothing...Newsy...Mr. Alexander called me and asked me if I'd like to have breakfast this morning." she said.

Beverly looked at her aunt with a side eye...

''Come on Auntay...I'm not a little girl anymore that you can tell tall tales to...You have on the same dress you had on in the club last night..." she said.

I smiled...We were busted...


Olivia smiled and shook her head, but said nothing...

''I love this girl...I swear I do...but she's too damn observant." she said playfully swatting at her niece who giggled.

We walked into Sam Mother's Diner and ordered breakfast....


"When you come back up for Christmas....


I'm going to take you to this other spot...Mabel Jenkins's Soul Food Joint....Mabel and her sisters are from Louisiana too..The food is bangin." said Beverly...

"I know...I've been there...It is good." said Olivia.

''Well why didn't you take me there today then?" I said laughing..

"Don't you have a flight to catch?  You wouldn't have made it." said Olivia...

''Yeah,you're right." I said.

Our food came and the three of us ate...Olivia smiled and looked at both of us...

"You know...I'm serious about quitting my firm and going into private practice...I have a friend...Robert Foxworth...He's an attorney too...He left a very lucrative firm and went on his own...He has two attorneys that work for him and a suite at Penn's Landing..He's doing well for himself...  Bev...if you change your mind and decide to leave the Public Defender's office...You could always come and work for me...and Donnie Ray...I could always use a good investigator...It's just a pitch....Think about it..Meanwhile...I'll forward your resume to my firm." she said.

"Imagine that..Me working with you two gorgeous ladies!!!..." I said.

Beverly said nothing...she just looked at us and shook her head.



"I interviewed for a position at the Department of Immigration in D.C. Auntay...I might not be here in Philly much longer." she said.

The thought of her close compatriot not being in her everyday life must have made her a little sad...I was determined to fill that void.

III-


I packed my bags and waited for my cab to take me to the airport....Olivia stood with me...

"So you're definitely coming back Christmas huh?" she asked..

I kissed her long and soft and slow...



"I'm definitely coming back to you baby." I said.

"You can stay with me..." she said.

My eyes lit up...

"I figured you'd like that." she said and smiled...

Her phone went off just then....

"I have to take this " she said.


Beverly walked up just then...

''My Auntay really likes you....I've never seen her eyes light up the way they do when you come around or your name is mentioned." she said.

"I like your Auntay...Is that what you call her?" I said.

"Since I could talk...that's what I've called her..Auntay Liv and finally, just Auntay." she said.

"I like her a lot.....and yet I hardly know her." I mused..

"You know her more than you should at this juncture...She's a sweet woman...She's very lonely...She hasn't had a special someone in a long time...Don't hurt her Mr.Alexander...please...Don't give her hope and then dash it..." she said almost pleadingly...I could tell that she loved her aunt dearly...

"I promise you Bev...Can I call you Bev?  I won't...I really,really like your auntay." I said.

"I know you do...I can kinda tell...You got that sprung look. You can call me Bev...Can I call you D.R.?" she asked...

"Sure...Donnie Ray is a mouth full." I said.

''No it's not...I just like D.R. better "said Beverly who winked and laughed...She was a handful.

''So you may be going to D.C. huh?"I asked.

"I don't know yet...I haven't heard from them..." she said.


Olivia walked back....

"That was a client...Here comes your cab..." she said...

A light rain began to fall again...

I kissed Olivia again...

"Nothin could keep me from coming back to you baby." I said...Then I grabbed Beverly and hugged her...She looked surprised...

"I won't hurt your Auntay...I promise." I said.

She smiled and they both waved as I got in the cab and it pulled off...

I watched them wave until they became a blur and were out of sight.

TO BE CONTINUED





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES AND BRA TO THE RAFTERS!!! THIS HAS BEEN A HOT WEEK!

James Perkins said...

Oh Lord! LMBAO!

Cheryl said...

I'm enjoying the sweet and tender love story that is unfolding here!