Monday, November 4, 2013

Blues For Donnie Ray



NEW ORLEANS, SUMMER 2011

I had just finished playing my set at the tony little bar and grill here in Nawlins...I've been told that I'm pretty good trumpet player...At one time I considered a career in music...but I settled for being a cop....

Me?  My Name is Donnie Ray Alexander...I'm a cop...Homicide Detective to be exact...New Orleans P.D.




Anyway...I was playing trumpet at this bar....I caught the eye of the cute little number , who not only was here tonight...but had been at my last set the night before...She had the cutest eyes and not a bad body either..She was short and petite like I liked...

I finished my set and I walked down into the crowd...She was sitting by herself... I smiled and walked over to her table...

"What are you drinking?" I asked...

She looked at me and smiled and "Vodka with light Cranberry Juice"

I smiled...

"You're not from around here...That's not a southern drink...You're from up North." I said.

"Yupper, I am...I'm from Philly..." she said.

"Philadelphia PA.... I've been there." I said.

"You have?" she said.

"Yeah, once or twice....I was on leave from my regular job and I played a couple of gigs at this bar called Josies..." I said.


"Josies? I hang out there." she said.

"Oh really...Then you know Gus, the owner and Bartender..." I said.

"Yes...who doesn't...?" she said.

"This was a couple of years ago...They had this real cute barmaid...Her name was Honey Brown...I dated her." I said.



"I know her personally...She got married earlier this year." she said.

"Ohhhhh did she?  Good for her...She was a nice lady..She deserved somebody in her life."I said.

''So...Can I order you a refill?"I asked.

"If you expect me to sit here and talk to you that would be nice." she said and laughed..

I laughed...

"Oh you're cute...I like that....Bartender....Vodka and Cranberry juice on the rocks for the lady and a Corona for me." I said.

"So...Since we are sitting here drinking....What is your name for starters?" she said.

"Donnie Ray...Donnie Ray Alexander....I'm a cop...A Detective to be exact." I said and I showed her my badge and I.D.

"Wow...A Homicide Detective.....I'm Olivia...Olivia Bennett...I'm an attorney..Will that be a problem?" she asked.

''Nooo..Nooo...Why should it be?..We are both kind of like in the same business."I said.

"I defend people that you arrest....I work for a big firm in the city...A firm I probably have no chance of ever being partner in.But at one time...I was a Public defender." she said and frowned a bit.

"Well...I may not be a Detective much longer...We all got our blues.." I said.

"What's your deal?" she asked..

"Like I said...I'm a Homicide cop... I caught a double murder...Shortly after Katrina...
Word on the street was that cops did it...I followed the evidence and pretty soon it occurred to me that that was exactly who might be responsible...I fast tracked the case to Internal Affairs...but soon I realized that they weren't going to do anything about it.."I said as our drinks arrived...

''It wasn't your problem anymore right?" she said.

"No it wasn't...But I kept being haunted by the people in my neighborhood...The people who won't talk to cops because they don't believe that the cops serve and protect them...I kept being haunted by the mother of one of the victims who told me..'I don't expect to get any justice..especially since one of you guys did this.' So, I re-opened the case..."I said.

''What happened?"she asked.


"Two cops...One White , One Black...were the shooters...I went to their Lieutenant with my findings and again ,nothing happened...Some of my evidence vanished..So finally,I went to the FBI...I had two witnesses who had the guts to come forward....
The Feds made the case and the two dirty cops were convicted and kicked off the force...They're both doing time in Federal Prison.."I said.

"So you got justice, but there was no parade for you?" said Olivia..

"You got it baby...In fact..My fellow Detectives and Police officers called me a "Snitch" and a ''Rat" I'm shunned at social events..I'm shunned period...but I don't care..I know I did the right thing."I said.

"Wow...a guy with morals.....I like that." she said.

"Don't be sarcastic."I said.

"I'm not...It's not often I meet a guy with integrity..." she said.

"What's your deal?" I asked.

"I went to college on a dare...I didn't really think I was cut out for it...but after I got there..I found I actually liked it...First Temple, Then PENN for Law School. My dad worked at the University of Pennsylvania..One of his benefits was that they paid for your college education and the education of your dependent..." she said.

"So you got a free ride huh?" I asked.

"Pretty much...I worked and paid for my books and I lived in a dormitory...I graduated with honors and then I entered grad school...Didn't know what I really wanted to do with my life even then...I modeled a little bit, made enough money to put myself through grad school...I met a guy....He was a lawyer...Very articulate, very passionate...He defended my dad in a civil case....I liked how he used  words and used words to power....I decided then and there that that was what I wanted to do...So, a year and a half after I got my masters..I entered Law School.....Got my JD,passed the bar and the rest is as they say...History....I've been working at this firm for six years....Nowhere close to being made partner...People who have come after me have moved up..."she said.

''Ever think about going into private practice?"I asked..

"All the time...One day I'll get the nerve ." she said.


"Just like I'll get tired of taking crap from the NOPD." I said.

I raised my glass-

"To the courage of new beginnings." I said.

To courage." she said.

II-



"You're done playing for the night?" she asked.

"Yeah....A D.J. is playing the rest of the night." I said.

We had been talking (and drinking) for close to two hours....

"Care to dance?" she asked...

"Don't mind if I do." I said.

We danced to a number of fast records....We had both drank a lot....

Then finally, a slow record came on... I pulled her to me...She had such a nice shapely and petite body...She smelled so nice and her perfect brown skin was as soft as a new born baby....

Our bodies seemed to absorb each other...

I pulled her close...close enough to feel her body heat...I got an immediate erection...I was a little embarrassed...I didn't mean for that to happen, but it had been awhile since I'd been with a woman...Olivia stared in my eyes kind of strangely...We were in a crowded room full of people... She slowly and descretely ran her hands down my leg, felt my erection and squeezed it a little bit....Her eyes grew wide and she looked at me...

"Whooooooo...I guess you're happy to see me" she whispered...and then giggled.

She slowly broke our embrace and I slipped my suit jacket off and attempted to cover the front of my pants casually...

"Wow" she said...and wiped her forehead...

"I'm ...I'm so sorry about that." I said ,pretty sure I had just ruined this night...

She looked at me sheepishly...

''What are you sorry for? You're obviously a very blessed man." she said.

"I mean ,I don't want you to think that I'm fresh or anything..."I said.

"I don't...You're just a man...and that was I guess a natural reaction...but uh, since we are in public...Keep your coat over that until you uh calm down." she said and looked at me and laughed.

To my surprise ,She ordered the next round of drinks and we continued to talk about our lives, our likes, our dislikes,music, sports,politics...et al..I really liked her...
She took my hand and we walked to a foyer in the back of the club near a dark hallway..

We were in a little foyer and I pulled her to me and kissed her passionately..

She returned my passion...I felt her booty a little bit, but she moved my hand....

''What Happens in Nawlins stays in Nawlins right?" I laughed..

"Yeah...seems like that." she said.

She ran her hands down my pants leg again, she felt my erection again and rubbed it slowly..

"Myyy goodness." she said...

"Stop playing...Let's find one of these back rooms down here.." I said.

''Ugh ...Ugh...I'm staying a few blocks from here..Let's go there." she said.

III-



We walked to her hotel, which wasn't far.....

She looked at me with those soulful eyes...

"I've never done this before." she said.

"Made love?" I asked...

"No silly, made love to a stranger...but it's just something about you." she said.

She looked down at my trousers...My pants were sticking out like a circus tent. She looked at me again...put her hand over her mouth and giggled...

"WOW!" she said..

Once inside her hotel room. She began unbuckling my trousers...I had gotten out of my shoes..and was busy taking my shirt off and tossing it aside....She looked at my fully unsheathed member and just put both of her hands to her face in amazement....

"Oh My God....Look at youuuuuuuu." she said.....

"Look at you baby." I said as I unhooked her bra and began sucking on her breasts....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...." she moaned...

She moaned , all the while holding my penis with both of her hands and rubbing it....

I kissed her, thrusting my tongue practically down her throat and rubbing her breasts...I could feel Olivia trembling....and moaning softly....I eased her panties off of her and layed her across the bed....

I stared down into those gorgeous brown eyes of hers and I entered her like nobody's business...I wanted to savor this experience, So I took my time...I made slow, steady sweet love to Olivia for close to EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!

I couldn't get enough and neither could she...



''Ohhhhh my Godddddddddddddddd, oooHHHHHHHHHHHHH......Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." she moaned ..."Don't Stop...Don't Stoppppppppppp...please...don't stopppp." she moaned, which turned me on more...

"It's been a long time for you too, hasn't it?" I moaned...

"Oh yes...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu yes..." she cooed...



I entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time...

She matched me thrust for thrust and even bit my shoulder at one point...She was so soft...so moist and smelled so good...I was losing my mind....

We made sweet passionate and intense love for close to THREE MORE HOURS!!...

Olivia began to shake and gyrate and tears began to stream down her face....

"It's sooooooooooooooo goooddd...Oh my godddddddddddddd it's soooooo gooood! "she moaned... 

She was so moist, so soft...I was losing my mind....

"You don't have a condom on....Don't cum inside me...please don't.." she begged...

I pulled out of her and exploded like a gusher...all over the sheets...

She was out of breath herself....

"That was...whoooooo..That was amazing..." she said...



It was indeed.

Later on...We made love again slowly....An HOUR AND A HALF  seemed to evaporate!  She eased herself down on me and moved up and down...as I savored her softness...I knew I'd remember her smell, her soft skin...her perfume...for a long time...I kissed those butter soft lips of hers until we both came
powerfully and intensely...

To my surprise, Olivia held me for a long while....Hard to believe we had just met...It was as if both of us were giving into a hunger...a hunger for something that we had lost, but yet needed...I hadn't had my boat rocked like that in the bed ever!  Olivia was so soft, so wet....smelled so very good...and so sweet and vulnerable...I hated that it was over.....That it was daybreak...This was more than just a one night stand to me...

At any extent..we had both thrown caution and good sense to the wind.

IV-
When I woke up...It was morning...I looked out the window...It had rained the night before... I had been oblivious to that.... Olivia was in the shower...I heard it on...


Olivia was gorgeous , out or in the shower...She was wrapped in a towel....She put cocoa butter lotion on her legs and body while I watched...

"I want to see you again." I said.

"How you gonna do that? I'm going back to Philly in two days." she said matter of factly.

"Boyfriend? Husband??" I asked.




She laughed and slapped my arm..

"Neither silly...You think I'd do this if I did?" she asked.

"I had to ask." I said.

"How bout you? I don't see a wedding band..." she said.

"Nah, never went down no isle...Almost did....Twice! This damn job got in the way of that...A cop's life isn't easy and a Detective's life is worse..."I said.

"So is a lawyers." she said smiling.

"Come on Olivia...I want to stay in touch."I said.

"I'll give you my phone number and address...In two weeks you'll have forgotten all about me...and probably be up here in this same room with some other girl." she laughed.

"Nah...I aint that kind of guy." I protested...

"Yeah right...You're too good in bed not to be....I bet you won't call me." she said.

"I'll not only call you..I'll come up to Philly to visit you." I said.

"Hah!" she said.

"I will." I said.

"What's your name? Donnie Ray? Don't make promises you can't keep....Let's enjoy each other for the time we have left....Go get in the shower...You bought drinks last night....I'll buy breakfast this morning." she said.

Olivia was wrong...I called her two days after she left New Orleans...She was surprised...We talked for two hours...

I called her again in September, Two more times in October...Once in November and on Christmas Eve... I surprised her and bought her a present and had it shipped to her address...

This time she surprised me and called me....We talked for three hours this time...She was in her office...she joked that when they saw the bill they'd wonder who she knew in New Orleans...

She called me on New Years Eve too....

She was a breath taking woman....I wouldn't soon forget her...

(TO BE CONTINUED....)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MAD PANTIES AND BRAS AT YOU!

Brenda said...

Wow, A new storyline, New Charactors!!! Seems like it was just a year ago ,We were meeting, Keith Wallace, Carlotta Rodriguez,Lt.Sissy Van Buren,Tyriq, Duke and Jimmy...(Even though we'd met them in Kevin stories...Same with these charactors...) Looking forward to seeing more of them.

Sunflower said...

I like Olivia and Donnie Ray...Hope to see more of them..

Tate 2 said...

You never get boring...You keep this blog hot!