Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A Sinister Hand

A light rain began to pour.....

Monica and I were flying high above the clouds....

She was on her phone...

''Well your hunch paid off partner...We know who purchased the Jam and surprisingly enough the cocktail that was injected to the jam... Laurie Goodall, the wife of our male murder victim...She must have known about the affair and  sought her revenge...
Kylie said Her credit card report had all of the purchases on it...and her internet searches for the poisonous cocktail go back for months....making her our number one suspect.."said Monica..

"Wow....this almost seems too easy...."I said..
"I feel you partner...I was thinking the same thing..."said Monica...

II-
We went to the lounge where the husband of our female murder victim, Sherri Bellows, Harry Bellows...The door was open....We rang the bell, there was no answer...

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe no one is home." I said..

''At least two people are here...I can hear their thoughts..A Man and a woman are here.." said Monica..

We walked in and we walked up the stairs...

As we headed down the hallway..We heard...the sound of lovemaking... kissing...
Then heavy breathing....

"Yesssssssssssssssssssssss..." he moaned..."YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! SWEET BABY YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Harry...Harrrry yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.." moaned the woman..


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Harrry, Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryy, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm." moaned the female voice..

"Ohhhhhhh Harry...Harry..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. put it in...harder, faster...please...." she moaned...


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Baby....Baby...Yessssssssssssssssss.." he moaned...


He softly parted her legs and entered her as slow as he could....She moaned softly as the massive bed began to squeak and slam against the wall...

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...""Ohhh  Harry, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph...Ouuuuuuuuuuu..I needed this...I needed this...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ,just put it in me...ohhhhhhhhh"she moaned.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Baby...... baby......ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."he moaned as he moved in and out of her...

 Monica looked at me...


"This reminds me of our first case too....You're really enjoying this aren't you?" she said and smiled...


I didn't answer...I holstered my weapon, so did she..


We continued to hear them making sweet love..


''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...""Ohhh  Harry, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph...Ouuuuuuuuuuu..... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ,just put it in me...ohhhhhhhhh"she moaned.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Baby...... baby......ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."he moaned as he moved in and out of her...

"I'm about to blow my damn load...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."

"Ouuu,I'm cumming tooo.,...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."





"Looks like the grieving husband has gotten over his grief..." I said.

 Monica snickered....

"Yeah, how about that?" she said..

We sat down at the kitchen table...

Within a few minutes....Harry Bellows walked into the kitchen where he saw us sitting..
He was startled..

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" he snarled..

"Relax..I'm Detective Monica Nellis, Homicide and this is my husband, and I mean my partner,Nate Nellis, Homicide.."she said.
We both showed him our badges and ID...
"Damn, you're partners....and you're married...Wow!  You no doubt are here about my wife's death....We were in the middle of a divorce you know.."he said..

"Oh I know....I checked...I just need to know where were you yesterday?" I asked.

"In Amsterdam....On Business..I found out when I got home at Midnight...I'm truly shocked...I mean, we were divorcing, but I-I didn't want her dead..." he said..

It's at times like this that being married to Monica, who is a Mutant, with telepathic powers(She can hear thoughts and feel emotions) is a blessing...

She looked at me...He was telling the truth...
"Okay Mr. Bellows...Did you know anyone who would want to do your wife any harm?" I asked..
"No...Not off hand.." he said..
"Okay Mr. Bellows...We'll keep in touch with any developments.."said Monica..

Just then we heard a voice from the bedroom...

"Harry....Harrrrrrrrrrrrrry?  I'm like super naked....I need youuu.I want some more of that thingggg!" she cooed...

He smiled sheepishly at Monica and I

 
 and we smiled sheepishly..


'Uhhh, as you guys see uh..I-Uh gotta go." he said.




''Handle your business man." I said.



Monica just shook her head in disgust...Then she laughed..

"This is definitely De ja vu from our very first case.."She said.



III-

.We headed toward our number one suspect's home..
"Well that just leaves Laurie Goodall.." said Monica..

"Mo-Mo....I can't hear thoughts like you do or feel emotions....but I swear...something is off about this case...Something just doesn't feel right..."I said..

"We are detectives partner and that's what my dad called your gut.....And I feel the same way you do..."said Monica..
Once again, the door was wide open....We entered a loft that was completely empty....No furniture, no appliances...

We both had our glocks drawn...


"It looks like no one has lived here in weeks..."I said..
"Smells like bleach..." said Monica...
"You can't hear any thoughts" I asked..

"None..." said Monica..

We kept searching through the large loft and then we found a gruesome sight...

A woman in the backroom, hanging from the ceiling...She had on a yellow blouse and jeans, no shoes..  If this was a suicide, there was no letter...


"OHHHH HELLL!" I said..

Monica felt her pulse...

"She's dead alright....and her body is cold....She's been dead awhile...." she said..  "I'd better call my sister..." she said..

Sometime later...Monique, Kylie and Lt. Cotton showed up at the scene with CSI and police photographers...

"This is Laurie Goodall alright...and look what I found in her pockets..."said Monique ,who passed a card to Monica..

"It's an Attorney, Inger Moray-Stevens, Attorney at Law...."said Monica.

"Hmmmm interesting...." I said..

"She's worth looking into.."said Lt. Cotton.

"We know that Laurie must have known about her husband's affair and she ordered The poisonous cocktail and the jam....His favorite that she put the poison in....Maybe after he and his lover died...She couldn't live with herself and she hung herself.."said Kylie..
"That is how it looks...but how did she get up there? There's not a lick of furniture in here...She's only a little taller than you...She didn't jump up there." I said..

"My partner's right...Have somebody cut her down..."said Monica..

"Tomorrow you guys check out that lawyer...Let's go home guys..."said Lt. Cotton.
The body was removed...
We all went home...


For at this very moment...In an apartment some blocks away, a woman looked out the window and smiled..

"Not long now...Not Long.." she said..

IV-
It appeared our murder might be closed....The most likely suspect had killed herself or what at least dead...but it bothered both Monica and Me...It was too neat, wayyyy too neat..

We weren't losing too much sleep over it right now...

Monica was sitting on my lap in her baseball shirt and panties...And I had on a T shirt and some boxers

We were kissing passionately...When our doorbell rang.....
Monica got up...

"Hold that uh thought....I'll see who it is.." she said...

I watched her as she walked to the door...

It was Monique, her twin sister and my sister in law...

"Glad I caught you before you two uh got into something...I just got back from the morgue...Laurie Goodall didn't kill herself...She was dead when she was hung...Her neck isn't broken , nor anything else...She was poisoned, then a noose was tied around her neck and she was hung from the rafters..." she said.

"So she was murdered...." said Monica..

"That's the size of it...."said Monique..

"This is like a sick game...We are easily lead to her and when we find her, she's dead....Almost like somebody was purposely leading us somewhere.."I said..

"Remember when you said this case was giving you a bad feeling partner?  Well now I really have a bad feeling about all of this..."said Monica...


If I wasn't before...I was certain, that we were playing right into somebody's sinister hand....

(TO BE CONTINUED) 



10 comments:

Toni said...

This one kind of scares me...Just a little bit!

Angie B. said...

Me Too!

Sunflower said...

Ditto!

Halo said...

This is a good one Keith..Really Good!

Lisa said...

We are all binge reading again Keith!

Vanessa said...

Same Here!LOL!

Rita said...

Delightfully creepy! Loving it!

Cheryl said...

This mysterious and unseen woman going "Not Long Now." is really chilling me to my bones..

Brenda said...

well Keith, You are getting the effect you want...You have our attention.

tate 2 said...

Great story Mannn!