Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Shanghaied

Monica sat on the side of the bed the next morning, watching me get dressed...

I saw her reflection in the mirror..I smiled at her...She smiled back..

"You getting dressed?" I asked...
"You gonna grope me?" she asked...

"Yup!" I said and laughed...

"I'm going to bring you up on sexual harrassment charges." she said and laughed..

We stood in the doorway and kissed for a long time...
I pulled her night shirt up and ran my hand down into her panties...We continued to kiss passionately....
 "Ouuuuuuuuuuu Nateeeeeeeeeee..." she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mo-Mo..."I  sighed...
Monica slowly removed my hands..

"Ummmmmmm.....Calm yourself down and go downstairs and talk to my sister..." she said..

"Okay" I said in between kisses...
Both of us were more excited about getting to work and working on this case than anything else...

Our doorbell rang just then...I answered the door..

Monique was standing there, surprised..

''Wow!  I-I didn't expect you to answer the door.." she said.
I smiled...

I pulled her to me and hugged her...She was warm and round and soft like her sister...

"Hi Sis.." I said softly...

"Hi brother.." she said to me....
Monique was coming out of the bathroom just then, fully dressed... She hugged her sister and kissed her in the lips..
"How's my baby today..." she said..

"I'm fine...You and Nate practicing abstinence?" she joked..

"No, but for a change we are more excited about this case, which has now ballooned into three murders than we are about each other...

She kissed me softly and slowly...
"But that won't last long...Will it bae?"she said seductively in my ear...
I blushed...

"Nate you are sooo cute ,the way you blush when my sister kisses you, but we are all family now...I know you adore her...You don't have to blush in front of me.." she said..
We headed to headquarters...

II-
We headed to headquarters...What we didn't realize was as we headed across the city...In an apartment some blocks away, a woman looked out the window and smiled..

"Not long now...Not Long.." she said..

 Lieutenant Cotton was holding court at headquarters...
"Okay...so this is what we know...Victim number one,Mark Goodall, He's a Corporate Attorney, works for a firm downtown..Married ,father of three..37 years old...Having an affair with victim number two...Sherri Bellows, She's also an Attorney, Chief Counsel for another firm...also downtown, Married, mother of two...36 years old... Both found dead in a tony downtown apartment owned by his law firm for visiting attorneys .." he said..

"We cleared everyone at the law firm....."I said..

"I interviewed and cleared friends, family members and associates of both...none of whom claimed to know about their affair.."said Monica..

"But the wife apparently did know..She hired a lawyer, Inger Moray-Stevens...

A noted Divorce Attorney, whose investigator discovered and got evidence of the affair...A check of her credit card records shows she purchased the jam, her husband's favorite as well as the lethal chemical cocktail that was mixed into the chemical cocktail that was found in the jam that they both spread on their toast and that ultimately ended their lives... We also found in her laptop...searches for the lethal cocktails that went back months..."said Kylie..

"Which would make our wife, Laurie Goodall, our most likely killer of her husband and his mistress..except that she's dead...found hanging from the rafters in an empty and bleached down loft.."said Lieutenant Cotton..

"A loft that was bleached down...We found no DNA or Prints in the loft..Not even of the deceased..."said Monique...
 ''And the only clue we have is a card with her name and a business address on it.. Hers."said Monica.

"What do we know about this woman...Inger Moray Stevens?" asked Lieutenant Cotton...
"She was born Inger Revel here in Philadelphia .Pa.  She's 42....Parents unknown...She was abandoned and grew up in group homes and under foster care...She made good grades in school and graduated with honors from High School...Her Foster parents put her through College where she graduated with a B.A. in Finance....She got her J.D. from Drexal Law School and she was a Public Defender for awhile and then an Assistant District Attorney....She went into private practice some years back and has a downtown office..."I said..

"It is believed she was reunited with her birth parents or her father at least and she changed her name legally to Inger Moray...She married Brad Stevens...Another lawyer....They were married for seven years and quietly divorced...That's it.."said Monica...

Just then Kylie's phone rang..

"Homicide..This is Detective White.."said Kylie...

"Mo-Mo...It's for you.." she said..

Monica answered the phone...

"Homicide..This is Detective Monica Nellis.."

"I imagine by now you are quite confused by the events of the last few days..."came a female voice..

"Yes, I'd say I am..." said Monica..

"Why don't you and your husband meet me at Louie's Sky Bar...I was Laurie's Attorney...I might be able to shed some light on things..."came the voice...
"Inger?" asked Monica..

"Just you and your husband come...Meet me this afternoon...I just wish to talk...That's all.." she said..

(Click!)

''Who was that?"asked Lieutenant Cotton...
"That was Attorney Inger Moray Stevens...She wants to talk to just me and Nate...Tonight at Louie's Sky Bar.."said Monica..

"You need back up?" asked Kylie..

"I don't think so...She's a lawyer...She wants to talk...I'm anxious to hear what she has to say...Maybe she can shed light on who might be behind these three murders.."said Monica..
"Be careful Sis.."said Monique...
"Always.."said Monica...
"I'm interested in what she has to say, but I still have a bad feeling about all of this...It's almost like it's a  game, a deadly game...and we are being moved like chess pieces..."

I had no idea then how right I was...

In an apartment some blocks away, The woman who had just called us smiled.. She looked out the window and smiled..

"Not long now...Not Long..The Game is almost over.." she said and smiled.

III-.
The Sky was beautiful tonight...It was humid...nearly 90 degrees, yet with the threat of rain...

Louie's Sky Bar sat high atop a skyscraper...You could see the entire city..
"I keep feeling as though I'm terribly under-dressed."I said..

''We are okay...We are just here to talk.." said Monica..
"It sure is hot.." I said, wiping my brow...

"It is..Even this high above the ground..."said Monica..

 A waiter brought us two cool drinks...

"Courtesy of Mrs. Stevens..She'll be with you shortly.." he said..

"Oh Thank you.."said Monica..

"Thank You.."I said..
We both quaffed the drinks down...

"This was delicious."said Monica..

"It was...I have to ask the bartender what the name of this drink is.."I said..

"Oh I can tell you that...It's called Shanghai Surprise.."said a woman, dressed in all black...She kept looking at us and smiling...

"Mo-Mo...ughh, my head is spinning...I-I-I feel so ...soooo dizzy..."I said..."My head feels so heavy...ohhhhhhhhhhhhh lawd..."I said..

Monica said...

"Me too Nate, My head feels sooo heavy...I-I can't hold it up...ummmmmmmmmmm....I feel dizzy....You....You...You drugged us.....Didn't you Inger...??" asked Monica..

"Daddy said you were sharp.....Yes I did..."said the woman who was laughing....

"You...You...You killed those people...all three of em...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."I moaned..

"Why noooooooooooooo..."said Inger..

"You're lying....You did kill them all.."said Monica, who could still hear her thoughts and scan her mind...
"Okay...I did...but there is absolutely nothing you two are going to be able to do with that knowledge...

I didn't know about Monica....but all I could see was colors...I felt myself falling out of my chair to the floor... 

 and I felt Monica ,reaching for me and falling forward on top of me..
I'll never forget those bright colors...





 IV-
 I could feel the sensation of myself being lifted up...Monica was being lifted up to...We were both put into some kind of vehicle..
I had the sensation of flying , being lifted up and flying above the city....
I remember seemingly flying at top speed for a long time...I looked out the window...
I had no idea where I was...I slipped back into a deep sleep..When I woke up...There was hot shaving cream on my face and a man was shaving me...A barber was shaping up my hair...

Monica was sleeping soundly on a bed next to me...
Where the hell was I? And what happened to Monica and me...

I slipped back into a deep sleep....
It seemed as though we had been sleeping for hours...
When I finally woke up...I found that Monica had been up for awhile..Looking out the window..

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy sleepy head..." she said..


 ''Mo-Mo..Where are we?" I said and tried to open the door to wherever we were....I got an electric shock...

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I said and jumped back...


Our Prison Cell was nice as holding cells go..It was brightly painted...Had a bed...A Desk, A Television monitor and a shelf for any toiletries or sundries...The door made you feel as though you could just open it and walk out...But the electrical shock I got when I touched it said other wise...There was enough voltage to kill you if you touched it too long..


 "Yeah..I should have warned you...Same thing happened to me..We are prisoners.."I said..

I looked out the window..

"Where are we.?" I asked..

"It Looks like London!" said Monica..

(DEFINITELY TO BE CONTINUED)


10 comments:

Toni said...

Okayyyy it's a woman behind this...Next question is why?

Angie B. said...

Past Grudge or just convenient...??

Sunflower said...

I think she's working for someone else...I don't think she's the string puller.

Lisa said...

That's what I think...Somebody else is really behind all of this.

Vanessa said...

I'm all caught up now...Just what the hell is going on? I'm totally lost...Why?? why so much extra??

Halo said...

I got a feeling we are going to find the answers to all of these questions in the next installment.

Brenda said...

I hate to be strung along and confused like this...Actually I love it! LOL!

Rita said...

You speak for all of us Brenda!

Cheryl said...

Ditto!

Anonymous said...

I pulled her night shirt up and ran my hand down into her panties...We continued to kiss passionately....
"Ouuuuuuuuuuu Nateeeeeeeeeee..." she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mo-Mo..."I sighed...
Monica slowly removed my hands..

"Ummmmmmm.....Calm yourself down and go downstairs and talk to my sister..." she said..

"Okay" I said in between kisses...

That had me about to throw my panties!