Friday, September 21, 2018

Concurence

Rafer stayed in my apartment......
Lieutenant Tragg had already re- arrested Kylie Mills...
We didn't want him to pick up Rafer ......
 Ms. Yvette said simply to get him out of sight...That was all she could say legally without being party to willful obstruction of justice...
 I totally understood and agreed,,,
 Sofia drove to his apartment....He packed a few things and she drove him to our apartment complex..
 He was in my apartment....Khalil was two doors down from him with Sofia...
I stayed with Bee Bee downstairs in she and Sofia's apartment.....
We were right...Lt. Tragg was looking for him.....

He told a press conference...

"Johnson appears to have vanished....I'm going to put a bolo ,That's a Be On the Lookout  order on him..." he told a press conference..


II-
His press conference was cut short when the Press all headed to the Medical Examiners Office


Dr. Goggins, Dr. Hazel Baylor and Doc Gibbons jointly met with the press to give their findings...
"After performing a second Autopsy on the young woman , who's next of kin still hasn't been contacted yet....I find that I concur with the findings of Dr. Hazel Baylor... The cause of this woman's death was mis adventure or acute poisoning by opioids..in other words...She died of a drug overdose and was dead about 15 minutes before the automobile belonging to Ms Mills struck the car..."said Dr. Goggins.
Hazel smiled...She was vindicated...Lt. Tragg's attempt to discredit her had failed..

Doc Gibbons smiled..

"I knew your findings were good Hazel....To hell with that asshole, Lieutenant Tragg.." he said..
ADA Nina Rios was on hand....

"I've spoken with the District Attorney..We are dropping Vehicular Homicide Charges on both individuals..." she said..

"Did you hear that? I'm off the hook.."said Rafer..

"You've been off the hook for that...Tragg wants you for drug charges..

''We didn't have any drugs on us...And the pills I had..I tossed down the sewer."said Rafer..

"Don't ever mention that again.."I said and smiled...

"All Tragg has is DUI....And he can't lock you up for that..."said Sofia..

"He was on Television saying he has an APB out on you man....We still gotta be careful until we hear from Ms. Yvette.." said Kahlil...

III-
The Press was interviewing Attorney Mike Steel , who had just paid bail and gotten Kylie Mills released from County Lock Up..

 ''We are ecstatic that Vehicular Homicide has been taken off the table..We already had a deal on the table for my client to do rehab...We hope the D.A. will honor that.." he said...
Kylie refused to answer any questions...She got in a car with Mike Steel and was whisked away...

Yvette and Gary were watching the entire thing on the television in her apartment..

''She's got a sweet deal...No suspension of her driver's license , no jail time, Just six weeks rehab.."said Yvette...
''Well, your boy is out of the most serious trouble.. I think you can get the same deal for him...I know Nina Rios..She's a nice woman, a fair woman...Talk to her..."said Gary...

"It's not her I'm worried about...It's the District Attorney....He's friends with Senator Harlan Mills , he cut that sweet deal with Mike Steel as a favor to his friend..He's not likely to cut me any breaks..."said Yvette..

"Yvette Denise.."said Gary..

"My Mother used to call me that when I was in trouble or she was about to make a point.."said Yvette..

"Over the years...How many times did I come on to you , try to get you to let me take you home, spend the night with you..How many times.?" asked Gary...

"I don't know what this has to do with what we were talking about...but I don't know..A lot of times...and you didn't stop until you saw I had a boyfriend...Rockland..You were so thirsty..."said Yvette..

"Right and two years later, when you were single again...I had no good reason to believe you'd say yes or change your mind right?" said Gary..

"Right...What is your point?" asked Yvette..

"If I hadn't of tried again...If I hadn't of at least gave it another try....The answer would have definitely been no...I wouldn't be sitting here with you on my lap right now......See where I'm going with this?" he said..

Yvette smiled...

"I guess ..I guess you're right...Wow...Sexy and smart...."she said..
She and Gary kissed passionately on the couch for the next hour or so....
Which led to him slipping her dress over her head and kissing her passionately, running his hands in her panties..slowly taking her bra off...
"Gary you are the horniest man alive...my goodness..You'll use any instant to get my clothes off won't you?"laughed Yvette...

"Ummm, I am..and yes I will.."said Gary...

Within minutes Gary had Yvette bent over the bed...both of her legs in the air..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmph...." he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..oh my goddd Gary..Ohhhhhhhh..." Yvette moaned...

As they made sweet love.....

"Go talk to Nina Rios tomorrow..." he said..."Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god!"he moaned..

"Okay...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !" she moaned...

The bed squeaked something crazy....The headboard rattled....

TWO TO THREE HOURS passed by..

Neither of them realized it was raining outside again..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmph....oh my god Yvette, you're driving me crazy...ohhhhhh" he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..oh my goddd Gary..ouuuuuuuu!" Yvette moaned...









IV-
In a courtroom a few days later...

ADA Nina Rios said to Yvette and us...

"I'm not persuing criminal charges against either one of them...."she said..

"Thank You Nina..."said Yvette..Who remembered Nina from law school...Nina was a year ahead of Olivia and her.

 "Thank You So Much.."said Bee Bee..
''What about his Drivers License?"I asked..

"I'm not going to suspend his license...but I want him to go to this six weeks rehab program..."said Nina Rios..

"No problem....I'll be there as soon as possible...I need to get clean and straighten my life out.."said Rafer..
Sofia rubbed his back...

"Alls well that ends well...Good Luck Papi.." she said...
"Yeah, good luck man.."said Kahlil...

As we walked out of court....
Mike Steel was waiting....

"Yvette...a word?" he said..

Yvette walked over to him..

"Mike I'm sorry about the other day...I was caught up in my feelings I guess..." she said..

"That's Okay...I perfectly understand...How did you do in there?" he asked..

"She's not prosecuting the DUI charge and not suspending his drivers license..He has to attend a six week Rehab program..."said Yvette..

"I got the same deal for Kylie...I drove her to the Airport and made sure she was on the plane this time.. I hope we can meet for drinks some other time...." said Mike Steel...

"Sure Mike...Sure....Anytime.."said Yvette, smiling as she watched Mike walk away....
Lieutenant Tragg wasn't fairing so well, He was getting an earful from the District Attorney...

"Yes Sir...Yes..I know the results of the second Autopsy weren't back in yet, but I assumed that...Yes sir...I know about the old saying...Assume makes an Ass out You and Me..Yes sir...Well I thought...Yes sir....Yes Sirr..." he said and hung up...

He was furious...Then he got another call...It was from the Deputy of Operations..

"No sir...I did not know the Mayor and the Police Commissioner called you sir...Sir,I reviewed film footage and I found out that the girl lied...Yes sir, she told me about some deal that was struck with the D.A.  No sir I didn't willingly disregard it...Yes sir, I realize the city had to pay for an unneeded second autopsy...Sir I just want to say....No sir...Yes sirrrrrrrrrrrr sir.." he said and hung up..

He kicked a trash can over and jumped up and down...He was furious...

Being a cop was becoming less and less fun ,he reasoned...

EPILOUGE-


Rafer  did attend his six week Rehab program and was released...As far as I know ,he never got in any more drug related trouble again..and is clean...
Kylie went to New York, but she didn't report to Rehab as agreed....and ironicly enough she was picked up for another DUI some weeks later...  As a result, She is now serving a six month sentence in county lock up...and her drivers license has been suspended...

We all met at Ms. Yvette's apartment, which we all loved...For Pizza and Cokes...
 ''Dig in everybody, eat as much as you like...You all deserve it..Job well done.."she said..



Pizza and Cokes abounded...

 "Ummmmm pepperonis"said Bee Bee..
''Wow...Alls well that ends well..I hope Rafer gets clean and stays out of trouble..He has some great artists on his label.."said Sofia..

"Yeah, I know...Wonder how Kylie is doing?" asked Kahlil...

''Who cares???...Girls like her...They'll always be alright ,no matter what happens." I said.

"I know how you feel Keith..I felt the exact same way the other day....Some people don't get the justice they deserve...and other people get more than enough....That's why we are here to see that the playing field is even.."said Yvette, passing me a slice of Pizza...and smiling at me..

 Gary and Jade arrived...

"Hey Hey hey, the gang is all here...Now it's a party..." he said, bringing more Pizza..
"Hey everybody..."said Jade...

who brought wine....
I looked at everybody in this room...We were family...No matter where life took us...I hoped we'd always be friends and always be tight..








For Margarita!


4 comments:

Sunflower said...

Love It!

Angie B. said...

This was good, Very Satisfying!

Toni said...

Nicely Done Mr. Keith!

Cheryl said...

I liked this story...I liked it a lot!