Monday, October 15, 2018

It Takes A Thief

''What are we Bourgie now?" I asked as my wife, Sepia and I walked through a small art gallery that had just opened up in our neighborhood..

I smiled at her and hugged her....
"Baby...we have kind of arrived....When we met each other...We had nothing....I had a little less than you...Just the clothes on my back and my beat up old hooptie....You did at least own your own house...but look at us now...You OWN your own business...Morris Communications and Investigations...and I'm a very successful Realtor...."said Sepia..

''All true baby,...All True..." I said.

We continued to walk around the gallery...Admiring the art work, All done by young up and coming African-American artists...

It filled me with a sense of pride...Pride that this neighborhood ,once considered a dump, a collection of old warehouses and empty fields...Now had new condos, apartments, lofts, duplexes and triplexes and three shopping centers...new businesses and new homes...  I was glad I moved here right at the beginning of the renaisannce.

II-
We continued to walk around when Sepia and I saw a mutual friend...The curator the gallery...Thomas "Tommy Don" Donavan...
An old friend....A self styled entreprenauer....You had to know  Tommy Don...He was in on everything a little late...

Opened a CD /DVD store right on the eve of the downloading and streaming era....Then opened a store selling Flip phones, right before Smartphones became the rage...

Lost his shirt and trousers on both....

Was a party promoter for a time...That kept him from having to declare bankruptcy...and now by some miracle, He was the curator of this Art Gallery...

"Kevy Kev...My mannnnn...Sepia...You still fine as hell...Let me know when you get ready to divorce this clown.." he joked...

"Tommy Don...What's happenin baby?" I said and smiled at him, laughing and hugging him...

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Tommy....I'll be sure to do that...You'll be the first to know.."joked Sepia as she hugged him..
"I'm so glad to see everybody here... Mabel, Corabeth, Anita, Vanessa and Clerow were all here yesterday and

 even ole Gus was here..."said Tommy...

"Gus was here? At an Art Gallery?? Oh My God..Civilization has come to an end.." I laughed..

"Kevin stopppp."laughed Sepia..

"Yeah mannnn...The musicians were here...Even bought some pieces...



 Reed Nelson, Bone Hampton, Rob Brown and B-Flat and his wife, Honey Brown...They all were here...Chris and Chess and Rell, they came through too.."said Tommy...
"Well, with all of those folks, I guess I had to make an appearance...You've got some nice pieces in here.."I said..

"Yeah Kev...I finally caught a wave that was coming in..."mused Tommy...

"Yeah well man look...Every dog has his day...Today is yours..."I said and smiled..

But Sepia was busy looking at a certain piece of art...
It was of a well dressed Black woman standing by a bridge with the city looming in the background...
I walked over to her...

"You like that huh?" I said..

"Kevin, My Grandfather painted this portrait....That's my grandmother....and that's the city of New York in the Horizon..They were in Jersey City at the time he painted that."said Sepia...
as we both peered at the artwork....
"WOW!  What does that go for Tommy? I want to buy that for Sepia.." I said.

"That is going to be auctioned in three days ...It starts at 5large.." said Tommy...

"Okay we'll be here...Sepia...If your Grandfather painted this...How did it wind up in the Gallery?"I asked.

"They gave it to my mother ....Who kept it in our house...In our living room for years....When she lost our home, She had to sell it....I searched for it for years....And now..at long last I've found it..."said Sepia..

"I'm so thankful you want to buy it for me baby....but I have to do this myself...Now that I have money..I want to buy this myself..but I love you so much for wanting to do that for me.."said Sepia..

Who gave me a soft, sweet kiss....


"Ummmmmm..I said..and pointed to another piece of Art..
"You know I'm thinking of purchasing that piece of art too for our living room.." I said..

"Really?" said Sepia , who kissed me softly again....


"You are so nasty, you just want me to keep kissing you..."she laughed..
I smiled sheepishly.....
"I aint mad at'cha bro..She fine as wine...I wouldn't mind if she kissed me.."whispered  Tommy...

"You do know I can hear you right?" said Sepia, who then cracked up laughing...
"Just admiring your beauty darlin..." said Tommy...
"Thank you...Just messin with you.."laughed Sepia..

"Tommy Don...Don't let anything happen to that portrait...We are coming back for it in 72 hours.."I said, smiling...

"I'll see your face in the place daddy!" said Tommy....

We both smiled and left him..

III-
We got back home and sat down and relaxed... Kimmie was with Eva Corona for the day...We'd be getting her in the morning..


At that moment...Sepia and I were in our home kissing passionately....We both had the afternoon off...We began kissing passionately almost immediately..

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husband...I knew the minute we got back you'd be all over me.."said Sepia in between kisses...
''I knew it too.."I laughed..running my hands up her dress and squeezing her butt...

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! You are soooo nassty.." said Sepia..
in between more sloppy kisses...

Sepia unzippered my trousers...I stepped out of them...and out of my boxers.....She gasped...

"OHHHH MY GOODNESSS!!!!....You don't make any sense, being that hard and that huge.." she said as we kissed passionately and she softly stroked me...
"It doesn't make any sense you being this sexy.." I said...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu...Flattery will get you everywhere..." said Sepia in between hot kisses...
We retreated to the bedroom....where we wound up on top of the bed..we didn't bother to turn back the covers.....I  entered her softly,gently...She was wet and warm...I was losing my mind...as I began to move up and down slowly at first and then gradually faster...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu HUSBAND..Ohhhhhhhhh my godddd!!" she moaned...

FIVE to SIX hours of hot ,sweaty, lovemaking continued...The bed had been squeaking loudly and the headboard was moving and silently slamming against the wall...

 Ummmmmmmm Husband, ouuuuuuuuuuuuu...give it to me...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"Sepia moaned..

"Yesss baby yes...." I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned loudly...


The bed was squeaking pretty loud and the headboard was slamming against the wall hard...I have to admit...This bed was far noisier tonight than it had been before.......And the headboard sounded like it might come off at any minute...

  Sepia was feeling so good,she slapped me across the face...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu KEVIN MORRIS...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" she cried out....

  The bed squeaked even louder..

Yess...Yessssssssssssssssssss...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Ouuuuuuuu YESSSSS!" Sepia screamed....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ...oh my god...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lawd...ohhhhhhhh KEVIN...You are just showing off...You just showing off in this bedddd.....ohhhhhhhhhh" she wailed..

She moaned softly as the massive bed began to squeak and slam against the wall harder...
''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph...GIVE IT TO ME, GIVE IT TO ME STRONG!!!"

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... SEPIA......ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."
"YES BABY YES...CALL MY NAME.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...You can have all you want!!"she moaned.

 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh girl...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeeeet jesusssssssssss ...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."I cried ...out!!"Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. "

"You feel good.., you feel good baby...?" she cooed.

''YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"I moaned.. 

"Thank you for offering to buy that painting for me.." she cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what else do you want me to buy?" I asked..

"You are sooooo, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, you are so nasty....Nothing!" she laughed..

Another TWO HOURS must have gone by 

 "KEVIN...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  KEVIN..ouuuu calm down honey...I aint goin nowhere...woooooooo" she screamed...

"Oh girl, you better not...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......ohhhhhhhhhhhh.." I moaned.
.
 "KEVIN..ouuuuuu..KEVIN....OHHHHHHH. HUSBAND!!!!! Stop showing off in this bed...whooooooooooooo lawd.... GIVE IT TO ME DADDY.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."she wailed...

  The bed was squeaking like crazy and the headboard sounded like it might come off at any minute..

 ''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ohhh Kevin, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph...ouuuuuuuuuuuu...yessssssssss baby...yessssssss!"she yelled...

"Ohhhh Sepia, baby this is sooo damn goooood,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I'm losin my minddddddddd!!  BABY..I'm losin my minddddddddd!!  lawdddddddddddd girl, ummmppppppppppph! "I cried out!

"UMMMMMMMMMPH,Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ohhh HUSBAND!, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph...ouuuuuuuuuuuu...yessssssssss baby...yessssssss! Give it to mama..."she yelled...

 OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHH...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"  we both  yelled in unison...both of us cumming and cumming hard!
 "Ummmmph, ouuuuuuuuuu you were really put it down tonight.......What came over you.?" asked Sepia, dazed and out of breath....

I just smiled....

''You came over me...You always do..." I said.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I love youuu" she said...

"I love you too!"I said..
We kissed a little longer...

"Stop looking so content...Ouuuuuuu..I might have to crawl to the bathroom.."she joked..




IV-

 But while Sepia and I were making sweet love, The City was not sleeping...Especially not the criminal element...

At Tommy's Art Gallery....
All of the security cameras went dark for ninety seconds....A little over a minute...

A door popped open...
The portrait that Sepia wanted was lifted...

The doors closed and the cameras switched back on....

A Security Guard called the main station...

"Yo what's up Harry?" said another security guard...

"Yo man, there has been a breach...We've been robbed man...!!'' he said..

"WHAT???  Call Tommy!" he said..

The next morning, I was at the gallery talking to Tommy...


 "You got robbed Tommy?" I asked.

"Yeah Kev...at a little after 3:00 am in the morning...All of our cameras went dark....
"Somebody hacked into our system....Whoever it is...They disabled the street cams too...We got nothin Kev..and they came in and stole a portrait.." said Tommy...

"Just one portrait? No Money?" I asked..

''We don't keep money here Kev..but a lot of this art is very valuable..."said Tommy..

''Well what did they steal?" I asked..

Tommy shrugged and looked at me...

"That portrait that your wife, Sepia wanted to option to buy!" he said..

"WOW!" I said..

Tommy passed me an envelope filled with money...

"Kevin, I don't want the cops involved in this...I want it kept quiet...I don't want our patrons knowing we got robbed...This is a small Black owned gallery...People hear this type of thing,it'll run them away....They say you're the best Private Investigator money can buy...If you need more money just let me know...but I need that portrait back in 72 hours...Please Kevin, help me man.."said Tommy...

"Okay man...I'll get on it...I'll call my people and get them down here..." I said..

"People? You got people Kevin?" asked Tommy....

"I have an agency now...Other investigators...Tech people...Administrative staff and the same kind of equipment the cops and the feds use..."I said..

"WOW! We've all come up huh?" said Tommy...

"Yeah, but let's hope my come up gets to the bottom of who stole this painting..."I said.
Whoever stole the painting was good...Damn good... I looked forward to the challenge of finding the thief...

(TO BE CONTINUED)


12 comments:

Toni said...

You just keep coming up with ideas for great stories...I know you write these stories a month in advance...but how you do it is incredible..I know I couldn't be this consistant..

Angie B. said...

I couldn't do it like you do it either...You write five different series with fresh new stories.

Keith said...

I hit and miss sometimes...Sometimes a story is truly great, other times I'm just winging it..but I thank you guys for your comments and encouragement!

Sunflower said...

Nice to know you're there and that you read our comments!

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties!

James Perkins said...

Of course you are! What else is new?

Lisa said...

Great beginning Keith!

Halo said...

Wow ,This is different! Love it!

Vanessa said...

Very Interesting premise!An Old Painting that got lost and is now triple it's worth..Love it!

Brenda said...

Great story idea, Art....Art Theft...I must say ,You keep the Kevin stories fresh...You keep all of your series fresh!

Rita said...

This is a different road you're going...I like it!

Cheryl said...

Loved the storyline...